Check out the T3M Banner Archive!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Third Moon, the official forum for West Mansion: The Splatterhouse Homepage and The OPCFG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

7/15/14 - Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman is AVAILABLE NOW! Head over to the official website to buy your copy! - Dire

Check out the latest activity on T3M here.

What is this all about?, Brick? Rodrigo?
Dire 51
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 09:53 PM

Keeper of the Terror Mask
Group Icon

Group: Edgecrusher
Member No.: 1

http://www.zoomoth.com/

Go there, then scroll down. Under "Wonder Festival 2012," right below the Metroid, you'll see a Biggy Man and Nobu. But what are they? Toys? Models? Official? Fanmade? Due to my lack of knowledge of Japanese, I'm lost.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Sgraff
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 10:23 PM

8-bit Horror
Group Icon

Group: Terror Mask
Member No.: 583

I think they are just custom toys about the same size of those old Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E. toys.
Rodrigo Shin
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 10:59 PM

Soul of a New Machine
Group Icon

Member No.: 563

I think that's pretty much it really.

There's a listing of Mega Man model kits from the same festival as well:
http://hobby-rock.com/
Brick McBurly
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 07:37 AM

Jidai-geki Legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 570

It's a fan produced vinyl figure with a limited edition of 40, and they sold all of them at Wonder Fest.
Brick McBurly
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 10:09 PM

Jidai-geki Legend
Group Icon

Dire 51
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 05:56 AM

Group Icon

So these aren't official at all?
Kung Fu Man
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:17 AM

Smasher/Devourer
Group Icon

Member No.: 877

Doesn't seem so. NVM yep it is. Kinda surprised nobody else bid though...guess my MIMP desk now has a Biggy Man to terrorize it.

EDIT: A little quick recon on LittleRubberGuys gave some more info: these guys came in red, green, blue, flesh (shown), and fully painted varieties. I wish I'd known about the green one now, because it looks MUCH sleeker.

(Posted Image)

Some more info is available on it from LittleRubberGuys. The thread starter is currently setting people up with them for $38, though blue appears to be sold out.

And yeah, just to point out:
These are officially licensed products, so much of the cost was generated from the royalties they had to pay NAMCO.
Dire 51
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:48 AM

Group Icon

No kidding. Never would have guessed that Namco would be allowing anyone to make toys out of their old arcade characters - but then again, after the Shooting Game Historica sets, I shouldn't be surprised.
Brick McBurly
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 06:10 AM

Jidai-geki Legend
Group Icon

And they send it out as a Gashopon! My heart is warmed.
Kung Fu Man
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:35 PM

Smasher/Devourer
Group Icon

Member No.: 877

Both of my Biggymen arrived, and I'm as happy as a lark and greatly recommend buying one of these.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/ku...house_biggyman/

It's a little bigger than a series 2 or 3 MIMP, about on part with the Super Scary line, but stands very well. The backside has a copyright for NBGI stamped onto it. What I find really cool is that even Nobu has had some loving detail put into him retaining a face though it's hard to see thanks to my crappy photography. As you can see the green is definitely a lighter shade that the original image shown, but doesn't diminish the figures in the slightest.

Zoomoth's shipment came in a capsule (that the mailman ensured was destroyed of course @_@) and he added two bonus little wrestler dudes that were a welcome surprise, though I'm not going to guarantee they'll be able to do that for all of them. I'll try and get some scans of the booklets up, but right now after the day I had...yeah I'm actually quite pleased!
TheVenom
Posted: Sep 28 2012, 02:12 PM

Scumgrief

Group: Zombie
Member No.: 999

My guess would have been, one of those Shanghai, China Fake markets. The government has the markets as part of it; Unlike America in Free Market systems where even original ideas are getting sued by companies. Peoples Republic Of China and Hong Kong make counterfit DVD's, Clothing and even automotive stuff like Hongda instead of Honda. If Honda complains to the consolate about it the Govertment just says, "It's nothing like your car, you're mistaken."
« Next Oldest | Splatterhouse Classic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1943 seconds | Archive