Check out the T3M Banner Archive!

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Third Moon, the official forum for West Mansion: The Splatterhouse Homepage and The OPCFG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

7/15/14 - Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman is AVAILABLE NOW! Head over to the official website to buy your copy! - Dire

Check out the latest activity on T3M here.

Biggy Screenshot?!
Undead Ghoul
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 02:11 AM

We are what crawls beneath....

Group: Deadmen
Member No.: 527

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zskip6mMl4c

Around the 21 second mark. Looks unfinished but worlds better than Fatty.
Frozenverdugo
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 07:30 AM

Unregistered

Im pretty sure that's a "halfway" concept, the textures for biggy on Fatty's "bones". Look at the background,we've seen other monster pics inside that very room.
Dire 51
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 08:03 AM

Keeper of the Terror Mask
Group Icon

Group: Edgecrusher
Member No.: 1

Frozenverdugo is indeed correct. That's in essence a half-baked Biggy. The complete one has yet to be seen.
themadmonk
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 09:17 AM

A roll of the dice. A flip of the coin. A turn... of the Wheel.
Group Icon

Group: Mooninites
Member No.: 42

Hmmm half baked biggy.....you know if you put some BBQ sauce on that it should be ok.
Undead Ghoul
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 10:32 AM

Yeah I figured it was a "work in progress". I'm hoping that the finished product is a little taller with a bit more muscle.
Sgraff
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 11:54 AM

8-bit Horror
Group Icon

Group: Terror Mask
Member No.: 583

If any of you are familiar with how 3d models work generally when a model is created there is a wire mesh inside called "bones" which assign certain parts of the model to their points. When the bone moves, it moves the model part it is assigned to. Having bones from a model with different proportions assigned to a different model will cause the second model to take on the proportions of the first. Thus the strange looking biggyman here. Basically they created his new model but they will now have to recreate his bones and movments.

Another example of distortion of a model from swapping bones is those moveset swaps of Super Smash Bros Brawl. A while back the video of pikachu with ganondorf's proportions and moves were spreading around the internet.
Undead Ghoul
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Sgraff @ Nov 13 2009, 10:54 AM)
If any of you are familiar with how 3d models work generally when a model is created there is a wire mesh inside called "bones" which assign certain parts of the model to their points. When the bone moves, it moves the model part it is assigned to. Having bones from a model with different proportions assigned to a different model will cause the second model to take on the proportions of the first. Thus the strange looking biggyman here. Basically they created his new model but they will now have to recreate his bones and movments.

I see, that makes sense.
Sgraff
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 12:30 PM

8-bit Horror
Group Icon

Group: Terror Mask
Member No.: 583

Yeah, I have recently started to teach myself 3d modeling for game development in my pass time.
« Next Oldest | Splatterhouse (2010) | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0815 seconds | Archive