Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Thrillhunter. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Holiday World
tampip88
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 08:00 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

While not as decorated as Opryland, our family really enjoys Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. We used to go to Opryland several times a year, but after it closed down it was almost like we went through a time of mourning...

Holiday World is almost going through a time of growing pains where their attendence has outgrown their parks, but they have reasonable prices, all-day free cokes, free parking, and free sunscreen in the waterpark that is also included in admission. The park is always spotless and is family friendly!

The park still has the safe feel that parents will love though and I don't have a problem letting my older teenage daughter (14) and her friend go off to ride by themselves.

They don't have any metal roller coasters but they do have 3 top notch wooden roller coasters that are very high ranked by roller coaster lovers everywhere!

If I could have a choice between Opryland then and Holiday World now ~ hands down Opryland then...but since Opryland is gone, Holiday World fills a gap in our families vacation plans every year!
Thrillhunter
Posted: Nov 30 2008, 11:50 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've always heard good things about Holiday World but I haven't had a chance to get up there yet. And may I say wooden coasters ROCK. smile.gif It's good to know that there is still a park out there that is family friendly outside of Disney.
cwhoward
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:29 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Orpyland was the BOMB but if I had a choice between Holiday World and any Six Flags park, it would have to be Holiday World. While visiting the park the owner, Yes the woman who OWNS the park was running one of the rides and greeted every single person who went through the line. That is a sign of integrity to me. It means she takes pride in her park and has a vested interest in it's success. Wonderful park, great roller coasters, flume ride is not as good as the Flume Zoom but oh well, what do you want. Thanks for the Opryland Memories, my daughter was born the year it shut down and I was absolutely sick. A MALL!! Please, what a piece of a knife in the heart of everyone who loved it so. SF and other theme parks may be great, but there will never, ever be another Opryland, period.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Anything about other parks | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0278 seconds · Archive