Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauder’s era RP
Affiliates:

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Fallen Star, centauri!
Centauri
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:50 PM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

Group: Time Lords
Member No.: 106

When the Sontarans finally faded away Centauri almost fell over as he breathed a heavy sigh of relief, "Thank the stars!" he said, leaning on his umbrella, "I haven't had to spiel THAT much since I sold the Golden Gate bridge... twice," a robotic voice came up behind him, *THAT I DOUBT SINCERELY, MASTER. WELL UP TO PAR,* glancing at his hovering robot companion, Centauri tugged on his coat and snorted, "Perhaps, I wouldn't want to do that again though," feeling a tug at his jacket, Centauri glanced at Lys and blinked when she asked about the coral, "Oh come now, did you really think I'd forget them?" K9 quipped, *IT IS QUITE PROBABLE MASTER. THOUGH LUCKILY YOU HAVE AS CAPABLE A UNIT AS MYSELF TO COVER YOUR MISTAKES,*

Shoving the dog away from the console Centauri checked the scanner, "Get a lock on them," the dog nodded, *I HAVE DONE SO,* Centauri looked annoyed as he checked the readout, "Ah but did you make sure to scan the surrounding area? The crew are dead but Sontarans are roaming-" the dog nodded again, *DONE, MASTER,* scowling at K9 the old man began to check the pre-land data, "Obstinate Toaster," he muttered. Glancing up at Lys, Centauri said, "Now if you want to be impressed my dear-" but he cut himself off as he realized Lys wasn't listening. Staring at her Centauri watched the tiny child-like woman hesitantly reaching out and then touching one of the TARDIS roundels on the wall.

The minute she touched Cascades wall, a smile spread across her face, *WHAT IS-* K9 began, but Centauri cut him off, "Sh! That's the most 'normal' reaction I've gotten out of her today... she's talking to Cascade... well, not talking. Cascade is a TARDIS - a special TARDIS. But a TARDIS nonetheless... meant to exist across all time and space," tilting his head to one side K9 said, *I DISAGREE MASTER... YOUR EARLIER ASSESSMENT IS CORRECT... SHE IS TALKING TO THE CASCADE-UNIT,* as they watched the light inside the roundel that Lys was touching seemed to grow a bit brighter. As if the TARDIS was 'touching' Lys as well. Centauri couldn't tell what Lys was saying to the old ship - or what she was saying back. But his telepathic link with the ship told him that Cascade was 'concentrating' on this moment. As if such a thing was possible.

Reaching out to touch Lys' shoulder, Centauri said, "Lysithea... Lys? We've found the Coral... K9 is materializeing around their tanks... Lys?' the grin on her face was huge. But what really surprised him were the tears... tears were streaming down Lys' cheeks. The old time lord could sense no sadness - only joy from the young woman. But he could also sense something else... something under the surface. Memories - not Lys' memories, but different memories.

Cascades memories...

The ship was showing itself to Lys. Not just the life it had led with Centauri and his house, but before them. When it was a lab experiment - when it was being grown. It's first flight, the first time it was grafted with Temporal technology. It was showing itself to Lys and at the same time Lys was showing herself to the ship. Slowly the light in the roundel dimmed and Lys removed her hand, looked at it and said that that had never happened before. Watching her wipe at her face, Centauri smiled nervously, "Are you alright?" when Lys ignored the question and asked if Cascade was normally that open, the old man shrugged, "I don't know... I haven't ever see her react that way to another Time Lord. Usually she's... well... sort of jealous, she retreats from the main console. I have to do most of the piloting and such manually... I've never seen her just... open herself to someone,"

Taking his fedora back off of Lys' head Centauri nodded when she laughed nervously and asked about the coral, "We're about to go after the last batch," the lights dimmed and Centauri sighed, "Sorry, we're having to cloak ourselves so the Sontarans don't see us. Uses a lot of power," watching Lys take a stumbling step towards the console Centauri caught her and looked her over worriedly, "Are you alright?"
Lysithea
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 11:40 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

Member No.: 286

Lysithea wasn’t going to say anything, but she didn’t think that Centauri had necessarily remembered about the corals. Then again, she was quite the over-worrying type, so that didn’t mean much. The older Time Lord and K9 were at it, and Lysithea huffed just a little. She certainly wasn’t about to start arguing with him, but she really was getting a little annoyed. She needed to get those corals before anything bad happened to them…

Her attention was suddenly attracted, and Lysithea looked up at the walls of Centauri’s own TARDIS. She hadn’t realized that she was indeed a little more comfortable in this TARDIS than she had ever been in a full-grown TARDIS before… Then again, she hadn’t ever felt comfortable at all in a full-grown TARDIS. There was something so familiar, so incredibly… intimate in a way. She furrowed her brow for a moment in curiosity. She crept forward, everything else suddenly far from her mind. It was like there was something drawing her in, something so incredibly strong pulling her forward. Tentatively, she reached out, hand steadier than before – being terrified for the past hour or so had made her shake something terrible – touching the roundel.

A smile spread across her face, and as soon as her hand made contact with the wall, she felt as though she were filled with song. The most beautiful music she had ever heard flooded through her. She could no longer see anything except for a bright light – little tendrils of light seemed to flow in and around her, but her body no longer felt corporeal, in such a strict sense as that of the body of a Time Lord. There was no time – time was everywhere, and she was everywhere, all at once.

Lysithea suddenly was struck with a strong memory – that of when she was eight years old, staring into the Time Vortex via the Untempered Schism. But it was different than it was supposed to be. The little girl started into all of time and space, and for once in her lifetime, she felt like she was truly at peace. Amazement filled her, as well as a sense of excitement and longing. A yearning that she had never truly felt before, to love and to be needed and to show the wonders of the universe to everyone she ever cared for.

But she had never had many people to care for. The TARDIS corals had been all she cared about. And when she was little, she had been terrified by the sight of the Untempered Schism. All of time and space – such a horrible thought. She had realized how little and small and insignificant she was.

The feeling, though, as she bonded with Cascade, was something that was quite the opposite. She felt such a strong connection to the ship, to its ancient inhabitants, to the universe and time itself. Lysithea suddenly saw, in a flash, Centauri’s family, those come and gone and lost. And then she saw the laboratory, the coral tenders of old, those that nursed Cascade in her young stages. Everything that had happened with Cascade, and all those wonderful memories – the ship was sharing herself with Lysithea. And everything that was within Lysithea – all those memories of being lost and forgotten amongst her family – was unimportant. Her heart, so strong (though she didn’t realize it), and her joy and compassion were shared with Cascade.

Suddenly that was gone, though, in what felt like an eternity but in actuality was only the course of a few minutes. Lysithea had somehow connected with Centauri’s TARDIS, and she had no idea why. She was brought back to reality with the touch on her shoulder. Her hand dropped, and she realized her face was wet. Lysithea’s hand went to swipe at her cheeks, and it dawned on her that she had been crying. She was practically shaking with a feeling that she couldn’t quite identify. When Centauri asked her if she was alright, Lysithea had absolutely no idea how to answer. Instead, she asked a question of her own. “I-is Cascade normally that… open?” she asked. She couldn’t understand what had caused the TARDIS to open up to someone like her, someone she hardly knew and someone so small and insignificant.

Centauri’s explanation certainly didn’t help; it only served to confuse her more. Laughing nervously, Lysithea tried to go back to the matter at hand – the corals. “So, uh… those corals? I’m sure you’ve got a heading by now?” Centauri said they were going towards the last batch, and relief flood through her. However, the lights in Cascade dimmed. The ship seemed to pitch a little, and so did Lysithea. She almost fell as she stumbled towards the console. She certainly felt a little ill suddenly, as though faint and unable to keep up her own energy. Centauri asked if she was alright, and Lysithea looked up at him nervously. “O-of course,” she said, though completely unsure. The experience that she had just had with Cascade had been strange enough that she was a little off still. That had to be it. “Long day. I’m sure I just need some rest. Once we get those corals.”
Centauri
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 03:10 AM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

Whatever seemed to be bothering Lys passed quickly as Centauri looked up from the Console and said, "We've got the last of them, my family kept a lot of 'living' rooms, if you get the idea. Little patches of planets they picked up and kept stored inside the ship. K9 found one with a swamp and plunked them-" but at the word 'plunked' Lys was off through the side-door between the library and the Console room. Sighing Centauri grabbed his umbrella and hobbled after her, "Lys!" growling over his shoulder Centauri shouted, "K9 get us into the vortex," and he took off after Lys.

Rounding a corner Centauri muttered, "Silly kid, doesn't even know which room is which," shaking his head as he leaned on his umbrella Centauri muttered, "Why I know this ship like the back of my-" slamming his head into a supporting strut Centauri scowled as his hat fell off and rubbed at his head, "Hand..." picking the hat up he sat it back on his head and hobbled off after Lys again. Walking past the swimming pool Centauri nodded when one of the butler holograms activated, "Ah Jeeves," noticing the 'form' under the tux the hologram was wearing Centauri cleared his throat, 'Sorry, Jane... have you seen a young woman? Skinny, long legs, messy hair?" the butler nodded, "Indeed, Sir. She swam in that direction and took off through the changing room,"

Blinking his yes Centauri tilted his head to one side and asked, "Swam?" the hologram shrugged, "She failed to notice the pool until she was... in the pool," rolling his eyes Centauri circled AROUND the pool, and followed the now obvious trail of water. Finding Lys became a bit easier then - as her dripping water trail was a more than obvious guide. At first Centauri was confused on how she navigated the ship... but then, it dawned on him that when she'd spoken to Cascade she must have memorized the layout of the ship by accident. She seemed to have a somewhat eidetic memory, and with the songs of the infant coral to guide her...

Rounding one more corner Centauri growled when he tripped over a bunch of mops and brooms, "I really need to send K9 and some of the repair drones down here to tidy up," kicking the last mop out of the way Centauri squeezed through the half-open door and groaned when he put his shoe into a thick mud puddle. Shaking his shoe from the mud of the swamp-land the coral had been deposited in Centauri looked around and cocked his ear as the sound of soft whistling could be heard. Following the sound Centauri dropped down to the shore of a big marsh and stared in surprise.

Standing - knee deep in swamp water - was Lys. Her long black hair was clinging to her face, dripping water she looked strangely beautiful. Some sort of siren standing in the mists of the swamp with her blue-goo hand-printed blouse and tea-length shirt just visible over the boggy water. Her hands resting on some of the larger coral she seemed to be whistling, the coral glowing in time with the tune. As if they understood what she was saying to them. Walking over to the shore opposite Lys, Centauri watched her pick up a small piece of coral that had broken off from the larger piece of rock and blow on it. The coral glowed a brilliant green, almost seeming to burn in her hand, before she set it back down and the coral 'grew' into part of the larger coral.

As Centauri listened Lys shushed the coral and the fire faded, she seemed to be comforting the large coral, telling it that it would heal in time. Where her hand moved over the surface the coral glowed in response. Finally unable to remain silent any longer Centauri said, "Well... you're a mess," he said with a cheeky grin, not referencing that his clothes were COVERED in the gooey blue engine coolant, while she just had blue handprints on her blouse, from where he'd grabbed her when trying to get out of the tank. Watching her almost queen-like manner as she continued to touch the coral and talk to the infant TARDISes, Centauri shook his head, "Your telepathic abilities must be through the roof..." tilting his head as she looked up at him Centauri smiled. Here, unlike earlier, there was no fear in her eyes. She was calm, no jitters, no discomfort... around the coral she seemed peaceful. Regal even... as if everything became 'clear' around these... children? Looking at the coral Centauri shook his head, "It's amazing... do you have like... I don't know... names for them all?"

When she laughed at what have seemed a childish question, Centauri shrugged, "I guess names wouldn't work... but you know them, right? All of them? They're each... different, to you.... somehow, right?" looking at the lumpy rock-like shapes floating in the goopy marshes Centauri made a face, "Ugh... hate to try to market these things in a petting zoo..."
Lysithea
Posted: May 22 2012, 10:15 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

As soon as Centauri implied that the TARDIS corals were onboard, Lysithea tuned him out, turned, and took off running. It didn’t even dawn on her that she knew exactly where she was going, on this full-grown TARDIS with all its tons of twists and turns and rooms and corridors. She was gone like a shot, and her brain started to lead her, followed by her heart. However, neither accounted for the pool that was on the way. The blueprint in her mind failed to register the word for what it was, and a second later, she was struggling to the surface. As soon as she broke it, she gasped for air and flailed wildly for a moment.

The noise was louder – no, not a noise, that word was so demeaning for the beauty of the music, the product of the songs that the lovely children sang. She calmed down, then quickly swam to the edge of the pool. With all the craziness of the last few hours, their intertwined melodies filled her with a sense of calm and joy that made everything else melt away. She took off running again, sopping wet, slipping and sliding as she stepped into the corridor with slick tiling. She steadied herself against the wall, using it as support as she careened through the hall. Messes were everything, and she left her own wet marks on top of them – maybe she’d remember to mop up some of the mini-flood she left behind later – and kept on her way.

At last, Lysithea was in a room that had become a swamp. Yes, she distinctly remembered that this was some sort of bedroom or living room or something. How very appropriate that her TARDIS corals would be living here. She smiled in a way that suggested a mixture of love and pride and contentment, and she waded into the water. Normally she would have taken the time to change into coveralls or some sort of old clothing, but she went into the swamp-like pool, skirt, blouse, and all. She didn’t think anything of it; the corals were wailing for her, needing help and comfort. Everything was different, and some of them were hurt. They needed her.

She was up to her thighs by the time she reached the main crop of them, and she leaned over to place a gentle hand in the midst of them. Lysithea cooed for a moment, then began to hum. The corals glowed more fiercely, and she switched to a whistle. The coral seemed to calm down – she felt their own songs join in, and the harmony was astounding in her mind. Her whistle was in a middle tone, pure and almost piercing. The corals’ own melodies were heart-wrenching, and combined, Lysithea felt like she was about to cry from its beauty. She smiled as the coral pulsed in time with their combined music, and at last, it seemed to calm down.

Noticing another tune that was out of sync with the others, Lysithea turned and waded through the muggy water towards a piece of coral that had broken off for the main group. She gently plucked the fiery red coral from the water, then blew on it. She gasped lightly as the power left her and filled the coral; its glow changed from the red to a brilliant green. Though it looked like it would burn with its brightness, it was cool in her hand, and somehow comforting. A longing filled its song then, and she turned, mending the coral so that it was reconnected with the main group. Its anxiety waned, and a sense of calmness overcame her.

When Centauri spoke, Lysithea started and turned to face him. She didn’t feel like the lost little Time Lady she had been with the Sontarans; here, amongst the corals, she felt like she was the one in charge. He asked if she had names for them all, and she laughed. Names? Such a ridiculous thing. These tiny, immature corals responded to music, to heart-songs, to the mind. Words were meaningless at this stage; they wanted emotions and love and a sense of connection that went beyond trivial language.

“Of course,” she replied to his question about knowing the difference amongst them. Their different songs were unique to her, and it was like knowing the various themes in an opera: they could intertwine and add to each others’ integrity, but still, each was specific and perfect on its own. When he said something about a petting zoo, however, Lysithea’s eyes narrowed, and she looked as if she had been stung. “A petting zoo?” she echoed, her voice showing her flaring annoyance. “They’re not pets. Far from it. TARDIS corals have a unique intelligence akin to the Time Lords. Just as much for sure, if not, then more so. How else do you think we travel in time and space? How else would the symbiotic bond be formed? How else would we be able to hear their voices through soaring song?” It wasn’t just her, but she couldn’t realize it yet, not now. The corals were close to her heart, and of course she was irritated when they were trivialized.

But adult TARDISes weren’t something with which she was familiar. Even now, she felt the flare of annoyance, as though she personally had been insulted.
Centauri
Posted: May 17 2013, 01:04 AM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

Kneeling down to her eye-level on the bank of the misty swamp Cascade had constructed, Centauri looked apologetic and - reaching out - he brushed a wad of gunge off the side of her face, "No offense intended - my family has been all over the universe, sometimes we'd pretend to be traders or sellers... sometimes we'd be heroes - we were all about experiences. Sometimes I draw on those without thinking - I didn't mean anything," brushing his hand against the surface of one of the coral, Centauri winced slightly as it responded - trying to form a melody with his but it sounded distorted, and lacking the harmony of Lys' music.

"You really have a gift here," the old man said with a smile, "I never spent much time in the coral vats when I was at the academy... almost wish I had now... but this-" holding his hand out Centauri smiled as he felt Cascade mentally respond to him. She didn't speak - stretched across all of time and space, for her this had already happened... and was going to happen... and was happening now. Speaking would probably have been beyond her - no matter what experiments the Time Lords had forced her to endure before they'd escaped.

But she was there... always

"This was my impression of what a TARDIS was - my clever old girl has been here since I was born, I have a hard time understanding something as innocent and pure as your friends," smiling apologetically, he shrugged again, "I'm sorry,"

Stepping back from the bank, Centauri reached out into the air and a holographic interface appeared, "We're on the run from those grumpy old potatoes - they won't be able to follow us... I'm guessing you probably want to take these boys and girls home right? Eh?" smiling he tapped a few commands in, "Swing by the Hand of Time, drop them off... no detours of course right? Just straight there - drop you off... you wouldn't-" licking his lips, Centauri smiled innocently, "Naw, of course not - just back home and leave you and your friends there, right?"

Centauri didn't mention - of course - that even if she DIDN'T want to go 'straight home' he fully intended to have an...

Accident

Or two along the way. It wasn't that he wanted to get into trouble or leave Lys stranded so far from home - it was more the fact that he was... well... lonely. He missed his family - Cascade was there, but she wasn't 'there'... and he'd been alone inside E-Space for such a long time. Surely it wouldn't hurt to take a detour... or two... accidentally.

Of course
Lysithea
Posted: May 17 2013, 11:06 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

She was still calm in the presence of the TARDIS corals, but Lysithea conceded slightly to Centauri. “No worries,” she muttered. “You didn’t know.” She still wasn’t exactly used to talking to someone like this, to figure out just how these interpersonal relationships worked. Then again, she had never had someone apologize to her for something they said, be it wrong or just rude. People usually walked all over her, and quite frankly, she lacked the courage to fight back. She had defended the corals now easily enough, but then again, they gave her an extra strength that she didn’t always have on her own. Or maybe things were just so strange and different in general today that she had actually found her voice for once.

When he suggested that she might want to head back home, Lysithea felt relieved. It had been a long day, certainly, and there had been quite a few trying times. The fact that she was the only person that had survived that ship was beginning to weigh heavily on her mind. The comfort of the corals was more than helpful, but she realized how much she wanted to retain some sort of stability again. She could do with a bath and a change of clothes, for starters, but then going home would be next on her list. Besides, she had a duty to fulfill.

Lysithea absently ran her hand over the fledglings beside her to sooth them to their own resting state. “I would very much like to go home,” she said eagerly. She hummed a lullaby softly for a moment, but realized that they were already in something of a ‘sleeping’ state, having had their own trying day. She let her hand fall from the smooth coral, then turned back towards the shore. She waded forward a bit, then dragged herself from the muck. Looking down at her clothes, she realized just how incredibly filthy she was. There was still blue coolant on her blouse, and her her skirt, legs, and forearms were covered with gunk from the swamp. Besides that, she was sure there were bits in her hair and on her face and neck.

She must have been quite the vision of beauty.

Blushing, she straightened up, but stood there awkwardly, holding one arm and a foot curve inwards. Clearing her throat, she spoke. “I should go back to the station and report today’s events to Romana. We obviously didn’t find a planet. With the attack and the rest of the crew… gone…” Her voice trailed off a second as she looked towards the ground, swallowing. She pushed forward with shaky resolve. “I need to head back as soon as possible, of course.” She smiled weakly. “I don’t suppose you would mind if I cleaned up first? It would hardly do to see the Lady President in such a state.”
Centauri
Posted: May 19 2013, 01:11 AM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

"Ah," for a second, the old man looked almost sad, "I uh... of course you would, I shouldn't REALLY be surprised, I suppose," and in fact, Centauri was aware that he SHOULDN'T have been surprised. He'd just met this young woman - barely a woman... barely even a person. Coral tenders were known to be reclusive - they were made up of two types of Time Lords that had graduated. The majority often had deficiencies (personality-wise or action-wise) that kept them from succeeding in any other role... or they were descended from other Coral growers, had worked in the swamps since youth and had difficulty coping with other living people because of the differences between the openness of the infant TARDISes and the (often) closed people they met.

It didn't REALLY matter why Lysithea was how she was... or even if her story was unique. The simple fact was that Centauri had just met her... but he was so... alone. Going from a living ship full of life - to an empty ship full of memories - how could one not get lonely?

How could one not get... desperate...

"Anyway," snapping back to the cheerful elderly man act, Centauri said, "K-" but before he could even finish the call a robotic voice called, *MASTER?* jerking around, Centauri scowled, "I wish you'd let me call you before you come to me!" K9 wigg-wagged his tail, *APOLOGIES, MASTER. I WAS MONITORING THE SONTARAN SHIP - WHEN THEY PROVED INCAPABLE OF FOLLOWING US I DECIDED TO SEEK YOU OUT TO ASSIST YOU,* blinking in confusion, Centauri said, "I don't... what?" K9 wagged his tail again, *THE LYSITHEA-UNIT WILL NEED CLEANING AND NEW ATTIRE,* the fact that K9 was speaking of the young woman like she was a piece of dirty fabric didn't seem to bother the dog as he said, *AND HER HOME COORDINATES WILL NEED TO BE ENTERED INTO THE CASCADE-UNIT. THIS UNIT ASSUMES THAT YOU WILL WISH TO FLY US TO THE HAND OF TIME AND-*

Scowling, Centauri said, "Alright that's enough predicting for one day-" turning to face Lysithea, Centauri said, "The wardrobe is four rooms down, five levels up and across the hall. If you get lost-" beeping, K9 said, *THE LYSITHEA-UNIT WILL NOT GET LOST, MASTER. I AM ADAPTED TO THE CASCADE-UNIT'S TECHNOLOGY AND CAN PREDICT ROOM ARRANGEMENT WITHOUT DIFFICULTY,* scowling at the dog again, Centauri said, "See, no one likes a show off..." smiling at Lysithea, Centauri began to back away - his hands folded behind his back, "Go on, there's a whole variety of clothes to choose from - all kinds of planets worth, you go ahead and I'll see if I can't find..." fumbling for words for second, Centauri opened and shut his mouth before smiling again and saying, "What... we- we're looking for,"
Lysithea
Posted: May 20 2013, 06:48 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

Lysithea nodded in reply, taking everything he said at face value. Why shouldn’t she? She didn’t interact with people all that frequently, and she certainly didn’t know how to read them. Centauri made have seemed to have other motives to a more trained eye, but Lysithea rather lacked that. Instead, she turned, ready to go with K9 while Centauri went to do… whatever, while she would remain naïve, trustworthy, completely oblivious.

Despite the fact that she didn’t know what he was going to do, at least he didn’t mean her harm.

The Time Lady looked down at herself again, scraping her shoes against a bit of grass, trying to make it where she wouldn’t drag a huge mess through the TARDIS. When she figured that she had done as much as she could, she turned and headed away from the swamp with a final look back at the corals. She ended up ahead of the robotic dog, as she easily remembered the blueprints of Cascade from her brief encounter earlier. She hardly needed a guide, but she appreciated the sentiment anyway. After they had gone down a few rooms, Lysithea led the way up the stairs, the little dog hovering along quickly behind her. She was a tad winded by the time she had gone up five floors, but she pushed forward. Even though she was fine with the mess when she was taking care of the fledglings, she hated to be dirty otherwise.

Entering the wardrobe, Lysithea took a moment to look around. It was a vast structure, certainly, with pillars supporting the many clothing racks, drawers, and shelves. She was a Time Lord; the seemingly impossible size didn’t have an effect on her. Perhaps the fact that Cascade had once needed a wardrobe this size should have done, however. After all, Centauri had once had an absolutely huge family, something she had gathered from Cascade. This didn’t really register anything more than a logical explanation for Lysithea. She didn’t dwell on the possibilities any more than that.

*I CAN ORDER THE CASCADE-UNIT TO BRING FORTH THE DESIRED GARMENTS,* K9 started to say. Lysithea shook her head. “I can do it.” She stepped forward, glancing upward somewhat nervously. She knew how this worked, sure, but she just was so unused to the grown-up TARDISes. “Clothing selection… please.” She hesitated, then cleared her throat. “Female, planet of origin: Gallifrey. Look, maybe we can skip… um, can I have a sundress, please? And some shoes? I’m about 5’4”, petite…” A closet-like container lowered down from above promptly, and Lysithea sighed in relief. It opened, and she reached inside, grabbing a light blue dress and a pair of flats. “Thank you,” she whispered.

Turning, she made her way to the nearest washroom she could find. She turned back to K9, nodding at him. “Thanks for assisting me,” she said, even if the unit hadn’t done much, with her memory guiding her. “I’ll be a moment, but I can find my way back to the console room, if you wish to go ahead and return.” She went inside, shutting the door behind her. Not wanting to dawdle, she hurried through a shower, taking care to scrub the dirt and mud away from her hair and skin. Upon finishing, she toweled off and quickly got dressed in the clothes that Cascade had provided for her in the wardrobe. She slipped her feet into the shoes and left the room, still working with the towel on her damp hair.

Lysithea made her way back towards the console room alone, ready to go back home. She certainly felt much better at this point, even if there were things still weighing heavily on her mind. She saw Centauri at the console, working away busily. She cleared her throat as she stood just inside the room itself. “Thank you for your… hospitality,” she said lamely. “And the rescuing. That was nice, too. Not letting me die and all.”
Centauri
Posted: May 20 2013, 09:50 PM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

A room of efficiency and control - despite all the bookshelves and hat racks and chairs and stuff that lined it, the Console Room was still just that... a console room.

So it was probably a bit surprising when you found console knobs, wiring and buttons hanging OFF the console. Several screens pulled out, the central column casing itself having been LIFTED off of the middle control unit and deactivated.

And lying UNDER the console, was Centauri.

His fedora hanging on the hat rack (bits of goo still hanging on it) his coat lying on the back of the chair, it looked for all intents and purposes that the elderly Time Lord was in the midst of an overhaul

Even though the console room had been fully functional no more than an hour before...

"Ah! Lys!" his left eye looking about twenty size larger than it should have, Centauri noticed the expression and yelped, "Sorry!" pulling the eyeglass off, Centauri grinned weakly, "Uh... I don't know if Cascade showed you what she and I have been up to uh... lately, but I've had three passengers since I escaped E-Space. The first - a girl named Pande - severely damaged my ship," he scowled, "Well... she and the Sontarans, anyway," he cleared his throat, "My ships factory settings were reset - her primary dimensional hull fractured in several places,"

Pulling his tie off, Centauri laid it on top of the console and said, "Maybe the reason she responded to you was because her mental-scape is bleeding through, I'm not really sure - but I've had a harder and harder time setting a specific coordinate and actually GETTING there... when I tried to set in the temporal station... er..." shrugging helplessly, he said, "I can PROBABLY get us there... but with the damage she sustained - and my attempts to cross-wire... well... she'll need time to recharge on every landing we make. Not long just... I could... ya know, if we land, just stand here and wait I suppose... but..."

Looking innocent, Centauri leaned on the console and said, "Explore... a bit, I mean you've never seen much of the galaxy... and it surely wouldn't take THAT long to find the right place. It's not like the randomizer has been jammed on... or... uh... anything," he smiled lamely, "I mean I wouldn't want you to be stuck with me for too long... It'd probably only take a few days. I mean, I could land us now - call in the Time Lords to come and get you... but that'd probably take even longer! When - if we're lucky - we'd land on Gallifrey right now,"

Grinning like a schoolboy, his hand on the demat-control, Centauri said, "Course... it's all up to you, really. What do you think?"
Lysithea
Posted: May 22 2013, 11:38 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

Lysithea blinked in surprise at what she saw before her. The console room was a mess, wiring hanging out and the casing for the central column not even where it should be. She looked around for Centauri, then spotted him lying beneath the console itself. When he met her eyes, she yelped at how large one of his looked, before realizing that he had a magnifier on it. She looked a little sheepishly at him as he removed it, but the curiosity returned to her face. What on Gallifrey was he doing? Wasn’t he supposed to be taking her home?

The fact that he had had a few companions since the awakening time for the Time Lords was somewhat surprising, for she had only a fleeting impression of their presence when she had encountered Cascade’s memories. Perhaps it was because their individual times there didn’t compare to the length of time that Centauri’s family had inhabited the ship. Whatever the case, Lys had only been in brief contact with Cascade, but she hadn’t realized the cause of whatever damage she had noticed during the exchange.

She looked up, concerned, at the console room around her. “She’s really that bad off, is she?” she asked, really over to pat the console worriedly. Even if she wasn’t used to adult TARDISes, she still felt sympathy for the old soul.

To be honest, Lysithea really wanted to go home, but that wasn’t going to be easy. Besides, she didn’t want to be whiny about anything. It wasn’t exactly within her power – or his, for that matter – to change the fact that Cascade needed help. Plus, he had rescued her. She wasn’t in the position to demand things anyway.

She swallowed after he finished talking. “Explore?” she echoed softly. No, she hadn’t seen much – well, anything – past Gallifrey. But she hadn’t felt like she wanted to before, and after her one trip off-world (and off-station, now) had gone so terribly, she didn’t know if she wanted to now. But arguing with the driver? The one that had rescued her? Surely she could handle a trip or two, if she needed to. “I suppose,” she said, hesitantly. Then she added, “As long as… it’s safe.”
Centauri
Posted: Jun 2 2013, 01:50 AM

Like a COCONUT!
Group Icon

Centauri nodded when Lys asked him if Cascade was really that bad off, "I'm the only one flying her - she had a whole family inside her once upon a time. Now she's empty and I'm having to do the work of a whole city," shrugging, Centauri said, "The worst part is that she's unique - a TARDIS built for rescue and stealth operations. The designers, her sculptor and birth-tank tender... my parents... they're long gone," shaking his head sadly, Centauri ran his hand over the surface of the old console, "So there's no point of reference - I can't just take her to some garage and have her repaired. Parts from other TARDISes MIGHT work... but they wouldn't solve the problems all her additional systems require,"

He didn't go on to say that the CIA (while unable to get their hands on him because of his pardon by the Time Lords) wanted their property back, and if they had the numbers (and could track him) the old ship would have even MORE trouble

After all, she WAS damaged - and he WAS working on completely disabling the search-and-rescue function that had landed him with Gwen all those years ago... he just may (or may not) have been exaggerating on how difficult it was to keep Cascade's core programming from taking over during flight

She was nervous - she didn't want to be afraid. That was understandable... but (in spite of herself) she was brave... and, the central fact, Centauri was lonely.

Maybe she was lonely too... if nothing else, he wasn't REALLY hurting her by taking her for a little trip, was he?

"Oh perfectly safe!" Centauri said - his grin wide as he tried to convince her, "Well... sort of... well..." opening and closing his mouth a few times, Centauri said, "I can't REALLY promise that can I?" patting the console, Centauri said, "I told you - totally random, I'll set the coordinates for Gallifrey but we might not land where - or when - we're supposed to... that's not safe at all is it?" licking his lips, Centauri whispered, "But just think - you could take all the stuff you see, all the stories and songs you hear, BACK to coral, eh? New stories and music for them? Okay, it might not be safe... and it probably won't be calm... but you won't EVER run out of material, I promise you that!"

His hand fiddling with the coordinate controls, Centauri grinned again, "C'mon! You don't want me to send out a distress call... that's boring - who wants to be boring? Not ol' Centauri, no no no... c'mon... just a trip or two - we're bound to find Gallifrey eventually!"
Lysithea
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 03:56 PM

oh my GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

Lysithea stared at him for a long while. “That’s so very reassuring,” she muttered, looking away with a sigh. Her hair was still damp on her shoulders and back, and she wondered vaguely if there was a hair drying mechanism of some sort around the ship. Who was she kidding? This place was full of… well, practically everything. There had been so many people and so many types of people who had frequented these infinite halls. Surely that would have been an item of importance to one of them. Heck, there may be an entire room dedicated to various versions of hairdryers from throughout time and space.

The thought amused her.

But the idea of having stories to tell the corals was an interesting one indeed. She could already begin to impart tales of wonderful places and mysterious peoples to the fledgling TARDISes before they even grew. It would be like coming home to her children and telling them bedtime stories of the adventures she had been on.

Lysithea had never considered herself courageous, and she hadn’t really ever thought she would want to travel. Even standing here now, after all she had been through today, she didn’t think either of those things any more true. But if she had no choice but to go where Cascade took her? And if there was at least a whimsical effect such as singing to the corals in her care the songs of the universe? Maybe she could do it. Just this once.

Lysithea bit her lip and took a few slow but purposeful steps towards the console. She ran her hand over the edge of it, as though trying to bond with her hostess. She took a deep breath. At last, she turned towards Centauri and nodded. “Yes,” she said, her voice low but certain. Her fingers gripped more tightly where she held. “Let’s go. Wherever Cascade will take us.” She smiled. Was she scared? Oh Rassilon, yes. Excited?

More than she cared to admit.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Options Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0566 seconds · Archive