Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauderís era RP
Affiliates:

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Williams, Rhys Alun
Rhys Williams
Posted: Dec 31 2009, 01:21 PM

Unregistered

Rhys Alun Williams

user posted image

far away, this ship is taking me far away
FAR AWAY FROM THE MEMORIES OF THE PEOPLE THAT CARE IF I LIVE OR DIE

Full Name: Rhys Alun Williams
Alias(es): Rhys the Rant
Species: Human
Home planet: Earth
Allegiance: Gwen Cooper-Williams... period.
Any skills: Rhys is a Lorry Manager and is very good at figures and spreadsheets in relation to pound amounts, hours, and the general management of employees. Crazily enough, this man knows how to type and has a rather high word per minute ratio - even though advanced computers confound him. Rhys can take pretty much anything edible and make it taste good.

starlight, i will be chasing the starlight
UNTIL THE END OF MY LIFE, I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WORTH IT ANYMORE

Face Claim: Kai Owen
Eye color: Quasi mix between blue, green, and some form of hazel
Hair color/style: Short cropped brown
Height: 5'11"
Weight: Oi! I'm big boned, all right? Just shut up about it!
Distinguishing features: Well defined spare wheel around the middle. Ready grin and equally ready scowl.
General appearance: Rhys has been called pleasingly portly by his friends, and a fat arse by his mum. He wasn't always like that. After university, his physical fitness went by the wayside as he spent hours driving around Wales. Not much exercise involved in driving lorries, and with his eating habits unchanged... well lets just say the calories piled up.

"What's that? You want to know what I'm wearing? What're you, some sort of pervert? They're called jeans you nonce. And a t-shirt! Well, maybe a polo while I'm working, but that's not the point. Shoes. Jacket. And I wear Gwen at night! Stick that in your hat and smoke it you big wank!"

All in all, it's everyday clothes for our everyday bloke. And like he said, it's jeans, sneaks, some sort of shirt that was trendy five years ago, and a leather jacket. However, Gwen is slowly upgrading his wardrobe without his knowledge, and is throwing out clothes that only look good on a homeless person. Don't tell him that though. Let him think it was his idea, all right?

hold you in my arms
I JUST WANTED TO HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS

- Cooking
    - Food in general
    - Beer
    - Football (Soccer for you Yanks)
Dislikes:
    - Long lines
    - Being Ignored
    - Lying
    - Politics
    - Anyone trying to move in on Gwen
Strengths:
    - Extremely Loyal
    - Is a good listener
    - Street Smart
    - He's someone you want on your side in a fist fight.
    - Can see the humor in most any situation
    - If there's something that Gwen needs done, he'll do it no matter what. Even if he freezes.
Weaknesses:
    - Gwen. Anything happens to her and he'll go off the deep end.
    - Extremely Loyal to a fault. If Gwen told him to jump off a bridge, he may gripe about it but he'll do it anyway.
    - Oh his mouth. Get him started on something he doesn't like and he'll go on a rant for hours
    - Hates change
    - Can be rather thick at times
    - Extremely Stubborn
    - Tends to complain a lot
    - Can be very blunt in the most inopportune times
Dreams:
    - Raising a family
    - Growing old with Gwen
    - Being someone that Gwen can be proud of
Fears:
    - Losing Gwen for any reason.
    - Aliens: They just creep him out.
    - Dying alone
Personality:
Rhys is what you would call a man's man. That is to say, if there's beer or football involved he's going to be in the middle of it... especially if there's a row going on between fans of opposing teams. He has a well established relaxed attitude about most things, and will crack a joke to break the tension when things get too serious. However, spark his temper at the expense of your eardrums. When he gets going, he'll run a rant into the ground at a rather high volume.

When things are quiet, he can be a very understanding and pleasant person to be around. Gwen even asked him to marry her again when he propped her up during the aftermath of Grey's bombing of Cardiff. Which just goes to show that he can surprise you when you least expect it. As a closet optimist, he can inspire people to do their very best by proving to them that they can do more than they think they can. Put simply, he can be very supportive and is an extremely good listener.

my life, you electrify my life
LET'S CONSPIRE TO RE-IGNITE, ALL THE SOULS THAT WOULD DIE
JUST TO FEEL ALIVE

Birth planet: Earth
Parents: Brenda and Barry Williams
Siblings: None
Love(s): Gwen
Children: One on the way

History:
Rhys got his A levels in business while playing football in Uni. This is where he met and fell in love with Gwen Cooper. He spent three months chasing her before she agreed to go on a date with him. That date included the row he went on in the queue of one of the local theatres, which is where Gwen started to really like him. In fact, during his rant she got into a fit of giggles that didn't stop even after getting their seats to watch a dreadful rendition of Hamlet.

After Uni, Rhys convinced Gwen to move in with him at a small flat. While Gwen was earning her police credentials, Rhys supported the both of them by driving lorries all over Wales. Never stopping for breath, Rhys went where the work was and changed lorry companies often after the company he was at hit a dry patch. He didn't stay with a company until after Gwen got her badge and could help with the bills. At that point, his weight got to be a real problem from sitting down so often.

After about a year of being with the same company, he was hit with a layoff as the company folded. This is where he started having trouble with work in general, and was part of the reason that Gwen agreed to join Torchwood. Not noticing the new influx of money from Gwen hiding it, Rhys went back to one of the companies that he blew through several years prior, and was able to get an assistant management position.

While Gwen was settling in to her new 'Special Ops' position, things started getting hairy between them. The shoe was on the other foot, and Gwen was the one that was gone at all hours. This put a strain on their relationship for a long time until he found out just what it was she did. Their work crossed paths when one of his drivers had an accident, causing Torchwood involvement over the meat that was being delivered. Rhys was thoroughly confused at first, thinking that the meat wasn't certified. However, he convinced Gwen to let him get involved with the underhanded organization. He almost lost his mind when he found out that the meat was from an alien, but kept his head long enough for Gwen to realize that he could handle what she did with Torchwood.

Once things were in the open, their relationship became very close. Even though he didn't have that much involvement, the simple fact that Gwen could talk to him now about the things she did at work was a huge weight off both of them. He had no idea how close he came to being retconned. And he still doesn't know that he died and was brought back to life. Whenever he tries to ask about what happened that day, Gwen changes the subject.

One of his most happiest moments was also his most embarrassing. Rhys tried to propose to Gwen in the traditional manner of being down on one knee. However, his back went out and he had to do it while lying down. While mortified, he was overjoyed when she said yes.

Things came to a rather abrupt head when Earth was being blackmailed into giving up ten percent of their children, and everything was turned upside down. Rhys went from being a somewhat successful manager of a lorry company, to a fugitive overnight. Even still, Rhys proved himself to Jack by buckling down and being helpful when they needed it most, even though he wont ever let him carry a gun.

but i'll never let you go
IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO FADE AWAY, NEVER FADE AWAY

Weapon(s): Oh Good Lord. You want the man to carry a gun? Give him a cricket bat. It'll be safer for everyone.
Important Tech: His personal computer.
Other items:

out hopes and expectations
BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS

Sample RP: See other characters.

hold you in my arms, i just wanted to hold
YOU IN MY ARMS. I JUST WANTED TO HOLD...

Alias: Wolfe
Member Title: open to suggestions
Contact Information: PM me here on this account, Meta's or Marcus'.
The Secret Code: And they're still singing... heh
Anything else:

application template made by saphira.
lyrics: "starlight" by muse.
^
The Master
Posted: Dec 31 2009, 06:57 PM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord Admin
Member No.: 1

Just one little thing. Two paragraphs for appearance, just a bit more. Talk about his clothes or something of the like.

But otherwise, fantastic!! I'm so excited to have a Rhys again!
Rhys Williams
Posted: Dec 31 2009, 10:33 PM

Unregistered

How's three then? wink.gif
^
The Master
Posted: Jan 1 2010, 03:59 AM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord Admin
Member No.: 1

*cracks up* That's great. laugh.gif Great! I can't wait to rp with ya! Send me a PM or something when you decide on a member title!

ACCEPTED!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1821 seconds | Archive