Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauderís era RP
Affiliates:

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Birthright II, Tag: Romana
Marcus Wolfe
Posted: Mar 23 2011, 06:12 AM

Unregistered

Time Agency HQ, Terrenus

Time loops, mercenaries, upstart agents, it was a right mess of late. This morning didn't seem to be improving things in the slightest either. It was one thing to go through the tasks of fixing and remedying all the quirks and kinks that time went through due to tampering or outright accidents. It was another thing entirely in keeping record of everything. Fortunately for Marcus, he decided early on to have a minor AI reorganize his diatribes of thought into cohesive reports. Minor, as in not self cognizant. While he respected all forms of intelligence, Marcus wasn't one to completely bore one with doing his paperwork. If it was boring to him, how would it have been for a silicone version of intelligence?

It was ten in the morning on the dot when he finished up his latest telling of the time loop he repaired with that lovely woman and her son. The poor nameless TARDIS that was the cause of it had depressed him. In his mind, anything related to those marvelous living ships should be respected - NOT gone through and scavenged.

He was halfway to the coffee slot in the wall when something hit him between the eyes and went right down his spine. An unprepared gust of air whooshed out of his lungs with a resounding sound of pain, and the Commander passed out.

Hearing the shout, his secretary poked her head in the open door to see him collapsed on the floor - right before a temporal disturbance registered and flooded the place with mauve lights and a dual toned klaxon.

Who the hell is slapping me? was the only thought Marcus had before he opened his eyes. The blurry image of his secretary came into focus, and he realized he was flat on his back. "What the hell happened?"

"You passed out, and temporal scanners went completely mad," she said.

Marcus got up with her help and entered the main center. "What's happening?" he shouted over the din. No one heard him, but he didn't need an answer. The board told him everything he needed to know. Two impossible stars in Kasterborous had reignited, and his mouth literally dropped open in shock.

Spinning about, he darted back into his office and slammed the door. Popping his strap open, he keyed the code to contact a specific TARDIS, and slipped into Gallifreyan. "Roxie! I don't care what dad's doing right now, but aim your sights on Kasterborous!" Not waiting for an answer, he keyed the temporal scanners and saw an impossible planetary system. Remembering his father's tales about the planet, he keyed in some coordinates into his strap and activated it without thinking.

Mount Cadon, Gallifrey

David spark crackled onto an outcropping of rock overlooking a large expanse of red grass and silver trees. "This is... Not. Possible." Hands dropping to his sides, he turned around slowly and took in the sights and scents that he had only seen or smelled in his father's gardens and Zero Room. The sky was breathtaking, and pulled at something deep within himself. Steepling his fingers, he placed his nose and mouth inside the space between them and ignored the wetness that dribbled down his cheeks. It was gorgeous.

Coming to himself, he keyed his strap and contacted the headquarters. "Stand down alert until further notice. I am on site, and will send evaluations and reports shortly. Commander Wolfe, out." That done, he crouched down to prevent another possible fainting and just took in the wondrous sight. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but a combination of both seemed to come out of him.

"Gardens and memories didn't do it justice," he mused in the proper high speech of the planet, seemingly talking to no one in particular. While he felt someone there, he couldn't tear his eyes away from the scenery.
^
Romana
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 11:44 AM

In The Name of GALLIFREY!
Group Icon

Group: Time Lords
Member No.: 279

The last few days had been rather hectic and busy on the planet of Gallifrey, though not as busy and as hectic as they were when the station was in orbit. In fact things down on the planet seemed to be peaceful and calm compared to how things were on the station, especially toward the stations last few days everything that happened. With The Doctor and The Master and then the whole ordeal with John and Rose which in a way was her own fault. But both situations even though unforeseen and unexpected turned out with happy endings, the latter being the best out of the two of them. Even now a day or two after the incident that saw Gallifrey return to the stars, it all still seemed to be a dream every Time Lord and Gallifreyan found themselves sharing. But it wasn't all a dream and is as real as anyone or anything out in the universe that is the realization Romana was starting to come to terms with and something she was beginning to accept.

But with the realization and acceptance of what was real had the side effect of destroying the dream like feeling for the lady president and the task of what had to be done was beginning to show its depth. So many things had to be done now that Gallifrey was back in the stars, more so than there were on the station. At least on the station it had been easier to keep track of people and resources and things had fallen into a kind of routine that never really changed. But now there was so many things going on at once it was hard to keep track of who was doing what where and who was using this for that and that for this. Even K9 and the bridge crew of the station were having trouble keeping on top of the logistics of the task at hand, but even with all that going on things on the rebuild Citadel were going smoothly and the reprogrammed TARDISes were working perfectly just like John had suggested.

One good thing going smoothly however didn't help balance things out and Romana found herself wanting space and time by herself. Thatís why she had come to this peaceful spot on Mount Cadon; she just needed time to gather herself and her thoughts, but as Romana sits in a comfy spot looking out over the most awe inspiring beautiful view. A bolt of lightning seems to appear from nowhere and a rather tall man in a suit appears out of it. At first Romana didn't know what to do or think but as soon as she spots the vortex manipulator on his wrist, Romana comes to the conclusion that he must be a Time agent. "Hmm...I wasn't even aware the Time Agency was still in existence". The lady president thinks to herself as she slowly rises to her feet and comes up behind the man that she believed to be a Time agent. "Itís a very beautiful view isn't it?". The thought of being upfront and to the point did cross the Time Lady's mind, but then she thought it would be better to play this nice and friendly until she was sure who this man was and what his intentions might be.
Marcus Wolfe
Posted: May 7 2011, 06:49 AM

Unregistered

"Completely... totally... absolutely... unequivocally... breathtaking..." David said quietly in the melodious high speech of the impossible world he stood on. Turning slightly to the voice that spoke to him, it was readily apparent how the sight of the planet affected him from the shining trails going down his cheeks. "I never would have thought it possible to actually see it with my waking eyes."

Looking back down at the valley below, he ran his eyes along the riot of red to the shining silver of the trees with a soft smile on his face. Remembering the quiet talks with his father, either in his zero room, the library, or the gardens... always with tea and honey... came flitting about his mind. Roxie going on about how much she missed the TARDIS fields and sharing her experiences with her brothers and sisters, all of it warmed him just as much as the twin suns were doing to him now.

David looked back up to the lady. "Simulations, arboretums, and shared memory descriptions... none of it even comes close to this spectacular display. He will be so thrilled to see it."

Coming to himself, he realized that he was actually talking to a rather stunning woman instead of himself. She felt guarded to him, and that snapped him back to reality as he finally registered that she was speaking in galactic standard. Shaking his head quickly, he switched languages, clamped down his empathic senses, and apologized. "Forgive me, dear lady. The sight of the place that my father spoke so highly of has me at a particular loss. Never in my wildest imaginings would I have ever thought to experience this."

Her abrupt question of his parentage had his mouth reciting before he had a chance to think about it, such was her command of presence. "K'anpo Bronchioles Pulmonarius Rimpoche." He frowned upon realizing he revealed his father's name, and immediately started to worry over who this lady was. Time Lady, he corrected himself. Her sense of strength wasn't quite on par with his father's, but it was damned close. She had to be a Time Lady, but his mouth got to stuttering before he had a chance to calm himself. "That is... I-I-I mean to say... uhmmm. No one's really supposed to know that," he finally admitted.

Now that he was completely aware of her, he did a cursory - and he hoped - surreptitious visual once over. He did have to admit to himself that she was quite beautiful, and flushed slightly as he caught himself actually ogling the lady. That was quite unseemly, and he absolutely knew his father would've chastised him, were he there. "Forgive me," he blurted. "I've only met one other person besides my father that's an actual native. I've never set foot here before, and that in addition to your beauty has me stepping all over decorum." He sighed and felt his cheeks redden, feeling like a child for the first time in decades. "Paíthenad would so not approve," he mumbled, completely embarrassed.
^
Romana
Posted: May 11 2011, 09:45 AM

Group Icon

As the mysterious man response to her comment the lady president smiles softly and looks out on the vista that lay before them. Every word this man used to express his feeling about what he was seeing was true at least to Romana anyways. In fact most of the words she used herself when the station first landed back on solid Gallifreyan soil, not only did the words make the time lady smile but it also made her think that this man might even be a Time Lord. Maybe another refugee that managed to escape the time lock going to place or perhaps even a clone of a time lord or meta crisis, though to have more than one meta crisis would be unthinkable and John would be very upset to here that he wasn't unique anymore thought he managed to be that by his personality alone.

As the mysterious man that appeared out of a bolt of lightning speaks in her native tongue and mentions about his father it causes Romana to raise a curious eye brow and look back to him with an intense curiosity, returning the favour by speaking in native Gallifreyan as she asks the question. "And who might your father be?". As the man gives his answer to the question the curious eye brow lowers slightly, Romana had heard of the name before but only in passing and had never met the person face to face. In fact she even remember The Doctor mentioning that name a long time a go back when she was travelling with him but other than that the manís father is a totally mystery to the lady president. So for the moment it seemed that this man might be a Time Lord or at least half of one, which Romana wasn't sure if she was happy or frustrated about. It seemed all the Time Lords she was having encounters with these days were either crazy ones from her past (The Doctor), insane ones that would like nothing more than to rule over everyone or destroy everyone (The Master) and meta crisis's who thought of themselves as Time Lords. Oh how the mighty have fallen Romana found herself thinking as she continued to listen and watch the man closely.

The charming comment at the end of the manís sentence was rather flattering and caused Romana to blush ever so slightly, if she was still in her previous incarnation she would have coward away from the man and the comment. But now in her current form and incarnation the comment made her feel warm and fuzzy as almost every woman did when complimented by a mysterious handsome stranger. After the comment had passed and the flushed cheeks subsided, Romana steps to the manís side and looks out across the vista in silence briefly before turning to look into the manís gaze directly. "So I know your fatherís name and I know youíre in a state of shock. But I still don't know who or what you might be?". It was an honest question and one that had to be asked by one of them eventually it only seemed fair that the lady president asked it first, it was just one of the many privileges she held as the president of new Gallifrey.

--------------------------------------------------
Wearing: Birthright Outfit
Marcus Wolfe
Posted: May 14 2011, 07:05 AM

Unregistered

The Lady's reaction to his father's name was easily readable even with his empathy suppressed, as hints of confusion flitted over her features. "He said he was a bit of a recluse in his youth, to the point that people called him 'The Hermit', if that helps," he quietly clarified. Her disappointment seemed to hit him rather hard, so he turned his attention to the vista before him. "Right." It wasn't like this was unexpected. His father did say that intermingling was frowned upon after all, but there was a small hope of acceptance from either of his lineages. Humans considered him a bit of a freak for not showing his age, and now his muddled background seemed to be just as troublesome to the other side of that proverbial coin.

Still though, seeing the place that so fascinated his father helped his mood from tumbling completely. Gallifrey was completely gorgeous with colour, scents, and feeling. His eyes were attracted to a bird in the distance, but his head tilted slightly in confusion upon the realization that it wasn't a bird at all. Those weren't feathered wings, and the tail was rather skinny in comparison to the rest of the... whatever it was. Looked like one of the rather large flying reptiles of the planet's past. "I thought those were extinct?" he pondered in a murmur, squinting to the distance. Shaking his head, he noticed that the Lady came up beside him.

When he realized that he had yet to introduce himself, he mentally kicked himself in the backside. "My apologies, you are quite correct. Please forgive me." He paused, considering which name he should use. Seeing as he'd already said his father's, revealing his birth name would be a fair recompense. Stepping to the side a bit, he faced her with his hands behind him and bowed his head. "David Marcus Walker, Commander of the reformed Time Agency, although with them I use the alias of Marcus Reuben Wolfe." He fetched his identification and showed her his badge, holding it so that it could either be read or taken.

"There was a bit of a bother with the previous administration, and was temporarily disbanded to weed out the unseemly elements that corrupted it. I was asked by my predecessor to step in and run things as would be fitting to my heritage, of which he was completely aware even before I was." David frowned slightly, remembering that meeting with the more than impossible man. "Not too much of a stretch to say he was rather cheeky about that."
^
Romana
Posted: May 16 2011, 06:18 AM

Group Icon

When the mysterious man mentions that his father was sometimes referred to as "The Hermit", Romana hums softly to herself and keeps her gaze on the vista before them. The name did ring a bell or two but none that were so loud that it actually sparked a note of recognition, there was at one point many Time Lords who choice to live in isolation and so it was of no surprise to the Lady President to hear about his father living in that fashion. Romana could even understand why so many choice to live their lives like that; she herself at one point lived in isolation on the other size of E-space with no one but K9 as company. It was all a distant memory now but there were times where Romana found herself longing for a much more quieter, peaceful existence like she use to have back then. Though there were times in E-space that were quiet exciting and eventful, but most of the time she just lived her life the way she wanted to and focused on herself more than anything else. But that kind of life was nothing more than a memory and a dream for Romana now because it seemed the stars of fade had other plans for the Time Lady and her place was here leading her people and her planet back to glory and its former position among the stars and that was something the lady president was determine to do no matter what the cost.

After the mysterious man finished speaking there was a brief moment of silence between the two until the mysterious man spotted something in the distance flying around the skies. The silence goes on a moment longer before the mysterious man breaks it by saying. "I thought those were extinct?". The comment alone made Romana smirk and look toward the creature that was now flying away from the pear and the mountain side. "Oh letís just say that the return of Gallifrey has brought back more than just land and mountain sides." The lady president was tempted to explain the whole story from start to finish but she still had yet to hear this manís name and so for now waited for him to make the next move, which was something she didn't have to wait long for.

As he finally introduces himself Romana turns to face him as well with her arms by her side and returns the bow of the head as a mark of respect and greeting. Romana's ears that peak slightly as she listens to David go on to say that he was the commander of the time agency, she had a feeling that he might have something to do with the Time Agency but never did she picture him to be their commander. "Interesting it seems things have moved on since the agency formed". Romana thinks to herself as she takes the Commander's ID and information to check to see if it was the real thing as she listens to him explain that the agency was disbanded for a moment there until he was asked to take over. Romana found the whole thing interesting and rather fascinating but she also found it quite disturbing that it had to be disbanded in order to weed out elements of corruption. The lady president was there at the agencies foundation and knew what it was meant to stand for, so to hear about elements of corruption almost destroying it was rather upsetting.

After a moment Romana hands back the Commander's information and meets his gaze with a soft smile to her lips. "It's a pleasure to meet you Commander Wolfe my name is Romanadvoratrelundar or Romana for short. I am Lady President of New Gallifrey and of the Time Lords". The tone Romana used to introduce herself with had a rather official kind of under tone to it, almost as if she was stating who she is rather than introducing herself. With the introductions out of the way Romana returns her gaze back to the vista briefly and watches as the creature from earlier disappears out of sight. "So tell me of the Time Agency, start with the previous administration and why they had to be disbanded in detail. Then tell me of its current operation under your leadership?". Romana looks back to meet the Commanders gaze as she awaits an answer to her rather blunt and to the point question, she knew that it might be the wrong place and time to ask such a question but her curiosity about the agency she actually had a hand in creating was too great to just ignore or dismiss.
Marcus Wolfe
Posted: May 23 2011, 05:17 PM

Unregistered

David raised his eyebrows from her remark over how things were brought back, and what other things came with it. 'Frightening, but interesting nonetheless.' He watched the flying lizard disappear into the distance, then thought to introduce himself.

He immediately blanched when Romana told him her name, "Oh my word," and took a half step backwards, bowing his head again. "My Lady. Do forgive me for not recognizing you. I can only assume this regeneration is recent, as we do not have your current image on record." 'So,' he chastised himself, pocketing his identification, 'you've made a right prat of yourself. Excellent job there, old boy. Well done.' Pursing his lips, he turned his attention to the scenery around him as she did.

Since he was standing next to the President of Gallifrey, David wasn't that surprised at her request for an update. Was rather fitting in a way. The Proclamation's bureaucratic nonsense made him dizzy, and if the Time Lords were back, then the whole idea of his job became much more pleasant. "Rather sordid story, really. To be brief about it, the adage 'Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely' was quite accurate as to how things went." Pausing in remembrance, he sighed. "Suffice it to say that several individual agents took it upon themselves to amass their own fortunes and revel in various pleasures, taking no heed as to whom or what was harmed. Since I've been placed in charge however, I've had access to secured files which stated that it was required in a causality loop."

Grumbling, he added, "What they didn't say was how ugly it was living through it." David's mind went back on how things spiraled out of control. It truly was horrific how the renegades took what they wanted and killed indiscriminately. John Hart was the worst when it came to murder.

Shaking himself out of his memories, he brought himself to the present. "Since given control, I've made several Agency wide changes to protocol. Most notably, capture as the primary with termination the last resort for temporal criminals. Accountability in setting new Manipulators with a synchronized clock with Terrenus, so that time spent in the field is reflected in when they return, not to mention the installation of recall circuits. Retrieval of agents and agent safety is more important than the missions they undertake." He paused to take a breath. "However, that's not to say that certain missions would take precedence, in the case of time loops, paradox, and fixed events. But, retrieval is more important in matters when an agent decides to abruptly leave the agency with their Vortex Manipulator. As it stands, there are six known renegades from the former administration that I am still tracking down. I only wish recall circuits were in the original design."

He paused to regard her more casual wear, surprised at not finding the more official robes. Still, the casual look did suit her. Honestly, he felt a bit over dressed with his suit and tie. All the same, the possibilities before him became more bright when looking on the fantastic landscape. "If it isn't too presumptuous, I am truly grateful for your return. I can only imagine what is happening in the headquarters of the Shadow Proclamation right now, but undoubtedly there will be a plethora of forms and other such paperwork... possibly a Judoon fleet or two as well."

"The universe hasn't been as kind with Gallifrey's absence." David closed his mouth and hoped that the Lady President would read the unasked question for what it was.
^
Romana
Posted: May 26 2011, 08:34 AM

Group Icon

While she listened to the commander talk about the Time Agency and its dark and corrupt history, Romana couldn't help but think over how it was before the time war and before Gallifrey and the time lords disappeared from the universe. There was order back then, the time lords helped in creating made things that help establish ground rules and guidelines for another time capable species to follow.

They even helped the humans in the fifty first century establish the time agency, it wasn't something created by the time lords but it was something they gave a helping hand to. Because at the time they believed the humans of that era were evolved enough to handle such power and responsibility, but as the commander so eloquently put it, it seemed that they were wrong back then and the human race wasn't ready for such power. Although it didn't help that the time lords had lost their way and ended up following a man that lead them to their deaths and destruction of their planet.

As the commander when on to explain how things had change since he took over as its commanding officer, Romana looks away from the view and turns her gaze back to the commander. Even though it seemed under his leadership that the agency had taken a turn for the better, the lady president still didn't like the idea of humans still possessing that kind of technology. As far as she was concerned they had already proven that they couldn't be trusted with such power and it was something Romana was going to deal with in due time.

But in the mean time there was another more important things to take care of, one of which was something the commander himself pointed out the shadow proclamation. Now that was something the time lords had created and it was meant as a last line of defence if the time war went against the time lords favour. The commander didn't say much about the proclamation, but he did use the words fleet and Judoon in the same sentence which send a very cold shiver down Romana's spine, though her face or body didn't convey such feeling.

The last thing that the commander said was rather odd and at first Romana didn't really know what he meant by that. She did detect that it was a question that he was either too embarrassed to ask or was waiting for permission to ask. "Thank you for the brief overview commander. From what you have said and have told me I get the sense that you wish to work with us once again as it use to be back when the agency was formed?....". The question was asked in a serious tone but it was also clear that the question was a rhetorical one and the lady president didn't really expect to hear an answer. "I am certainly willing to consider such a partnership. Now that I know of you and your connection to Gallifrey, but we can address all that later at another time."

Before moving on to finish her trail of thought, Romana casts her gaze down to the commanders feet and folds her arms over her chest. "Tell me of the Shadow Proclamation. What kind of organization have they become while the time lords have been absence?". Once she had finished talking Romana returns her gaze back to the commanders and waits to hear his next reply to her inquiring questions.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1443 seconds | Archive