Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauder’s era RP
Affiliates:

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

It's all coming back to me..., Tags Jenny & Rose
Donna Noble
Posted: Jul 14 2012, 08:52 PM

“Oi! Watch it, Spaceman!”
Group Icon

Group: Time Travellers
Member No.: 374

Donna softly chuckled to herself as she sipped her gin and tonic, while she watched her friend Vera cutting a rug out on the dance floor with some bloke who was dressed up like Agatha Christie's famous Belgium detective, Hercule Poirot. Donna could hardly believe that she let Vera talk her into coming on this trip to Devon for the annual Agatha Christie Festival, but... it had sure seemed like a good idea at the time, and honestly, Donna had nothing better to do, not to mention that Agatha Christie was one of her absolute favorite authors - Donna even felt as if she knew the woman... But, that would be impossible - Dame Agatha Christie had died in 1976 - just a little while before Donna had been born.

Everyone here at the Festival was dressed in Period clothing of the mid- to late-1920s to early 1930s styled fashions - it sort of felt a bit silly, like everyone here was cosplaying like they did at comic con... or, as if they had all been pulled straight out of that long-passed era - pulled out of Time.

But, that would be ridiculous - not to mention that there were far, far too many men (and a few women) dressed like Poirot - complete with his little mustache.

Donna was content enough to sit back and watch all the frivolity, though she was starting to get a bit bored. Since she didn't fancy hitting the dance floor with one of the many Poirots present, Donna decided to pop outside for a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery. She stepped out into a cloistered courtyard with a lovely little English garden and began to let her mind wander...

And, that's when her headache came back. Donna took a seat on a marble bench in the garden and rested her aching head in her hands. She thought she might go back to her hotel room to lie down, but... it seemed that every time she did that, she missed out on something quite exciting. The last time that had happened was when the Earth had supposedly been moved a few years back - she'd been asleep on her bed , on top of the covers, fully dressed, and she'd missed the whole thing. It wasn't until she read it in the papers the next morning that she thought it had been more than a practical joke. Since then, Donna had been determined to never miss out on anything ever again.

But, dang... Her head really, really hurt! No way was this headache from that one little gin and tonic!
Rose Tyler
Posted: Jul 15 2012, 06:32 PM

I create myself
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

John hadn't wanted to go to the party, but all it took were doe eyes and a few risqué promises from Rose for him to relent. It was only when they got to the party that it finally hit Rose why John wouldn't want to go; it all reminded him of Donna: brilliant Donna Noble, best friend, fantastic companion...and yet another person he'd lost, even if he hadn't been there when it had happened. In fact, that seemed to make it worse for him. So Rose let him stay inside their TARDIS while she went and joined the festivities.

She had wondered whether or not to dress in period clothing, but all she could recall for women from the 20s and 30s were flapper dresses, and she was not about to wear one of those Thankfully, the TARDIS was more than helpful in providing hints and tips, and Rose entered the party feeling less like an idiot than she otherwise might have.

Rose couldn't help but laugh at how many Poirots there were in varying dress (and shapes, for that matter). Though she'd no intention to dance with any of them, it was amusing to see him interpreted in so many different ways. In fact, she wondered how the real Agatha Christie would have felt at seeing all the Poirots and Marples wandering about, and what she thought of each incarnation. Rose chuckled to herself; it would be even more amusing to hear Mrs. Christie's opinion of all the various people dressed up as her.

Over in one corner, a large group of people were answering trivia questions about Agatha and her books, hoping to win copies of them along with various other prizes, while others hotly debated the reason for her ten-day disappearance over glasses of wine and cigarettes in long, old-fashioned stems. Rose had the feeling that if she offered her own "theory" she would be laughed out or had the police called on her to take her to the loony bin. It more worried her that she'd be meddling with a piece of time she wasn't familiar with, though, so she merely smiled and moved on.

It was by complete coincidence that she turned her head and saw the red-haired woman sitting on a nearby bench, rubbing her head as if it were pounding. Rose was about to go over and ask if she was all right, but when she saw who it was, she immediately backpedalled and hid behind a column made of the same marble. Donna Noble was at the Agatha Christie Festival. Well, no wonder she had a headache.

Rose bit her lip; she knew John would probably want to see her, but it would be way too dangerous, and that Donna could catch a glimpse of him at any moment. Hell, Donna could catch a glimpse of her at any moment, and the realization made Rose back up.

She had taken about four steps backwards when she bumped into someone. Rose turned and muttered an apology, then did a double-take when she realized who it was, if only from secondhand memories and stories. This can't possibly be coincidence, she thought to herself, wondering what she should do next.
Jenny
Posted: Jul 19 2012, 05:11 PM

I'm not a monkey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 368

One thing was for certain... this was the strangest place on Earth that Jenny had seen thus far. And she had actually been to Earth before at this point, so that was not a completely idle attribution.

Jenny had parked her flittership in woods. The shielding was up, enough to hopefully mask it from any would be explorers, and up until a few minutes ago Jenny would have said that her strongest concern was still of someone managing to damage it.

Bit of a silly fear when the flittership's technology was so much more advanced than that on Earth in the 21st century, but she could not be logical ALL of the time.

Seemingly, neither could humans. Either she had travelled back in time somehow via some fluked circumstance (and Jenny rather hoped not, because that would just make things ridiculously more difficult), or these humans had their own private rules of fashion. Where apparently, it was applauded to dress much like one another, perhaps so as to confuse others as to one's actual identity?

Not everyone wore the precise same outfit, but many wore at least the same style.

She had always been comfortable in her clothes before, much like a second skin. But now, she was starting to feel conspicuous, and Jenny was not entirely certain that was a good thing.

Scanning the crowd, she barely noticed when someone bumped into her, or the woman's apologies for that matter.

She had spotted a very familiar ginger.

"Donna!"

Jenny's shout carried aways in her excitement, and she had to remember to look forward and smile at the young woman she had ignored all this time.

"Happens to everyone. "

Just as she started to edge around her, Jenny thought better of it. She wanted to make a good impression on Donna, and that would be easier if she knew what was going on.

"Hang on a second though. What...exactly is this?"

She gestured to the whole of the festival, trying to incorporate her meaning in as few words as conceivably possible.
Donna Noble
Posted: Jul 30 2012, 03:38 PM

Group Icon

Donna continued to sit on the marble bench out in the courtyard, sort of hunched over and with her throbbing head in her hands, as if applying a bit of pressure might make the pain subside.

And then, she heard someone call her name. The voice wasn’t one she recognized, and she knew that her friend was most likely still dancing indoors with one of several Poirots, so she didn’t look up right away - she thought that perhaps this person must have been calling out for a different Donna.

When she did finally pull her aching head out of her hands and looked up in the direction that she’d heard her name come from, Donna found that her suspicions were confirmed: she didn’t recognize anyone over there. Whoever had called her name wasn’t someone that Donna Noble knew - at least, not yet, anyway. Donna wasn’t quite sure if she was up to meeting anyone new just now, either.

But, just in case whoever it was had been calling her and not another Donna, and because Donna didn’t feel like being rude (though, oftentimes she had no problem being quite rude), the curvy ginger gave a slight wave and a sort of tight, pained smile, well... it was more like a confused grimace, actually, and she watched to see who - if anyone - might wave back.

Maybe it was a friend of her mother’s, though... probably not. If whoever she was had been a friend of the family, she’d probably have been friends with Donna’s grandfather - he was far more outgoing and friendly than her mother tended to be.
Rose Tyler
Posted: Aug 14 2012, 08:23 PM

I create myself
Group Icon

Rose, not sure what else to do when Jenny yelled Donna's name, yanked her behind the column of the building they were standing next to. "Are you mad?!" she hissed, clapping a hand over Jenny's mouth. Peering around the corner, she saw Donna wave in their general direction, at their now - thankfully - unoccupied space. Rose let out a sigh of relief, then turned back to Jenny.

"Look, Jenny - yes, I know what your name is, just please listen to me for a second." She took a deep breath, deciding first to answer the girl's earlier question. "You've walked into an Agatha Christie festival, but that's not what's important. What's important is that Donna musn't see you - she musn't see either of us. She's had all her memories of the Doctor locked up, and if she remembers anything, she'll die."

Realizing that she was probably being extremely confusing, Rose tried again. "Look, I'm a...friend of the Doctor. I don't know how much you know about him, but I've seen his memories of you. My name's Rose Tyler." A stray thought made Rose's train of thought wobble on its tracks for a moment. If the Doctor's her father, and John's technically his brother, and I'm married to John, does that make me her aunt? Forcing herself back on track, Rose continued, "Look, a lot's changed since you last saw the Doctor - he's changed, and he thinks you're dead. I guess...I guess 'cause you're his daughter, you must've gotten some of his regenerative abilities."

Rose bit her lip; there had to be some easier way to convey all of this to Jenny. She thought back to what John and the Doctor did: slipping into someone's mind to pass on information. Rose could explore John's memories, and he, hers, but they were bonded, and Rose had no idea if she could even attempt telepathy with anyone other than him. She was no Time Lord by any means, no matter what the Untempered Schism had done to her. But as Jenny was the Doctor's daughter, maybe she could try? She would probably only succeed in transferring flashes of images and conversation, especially as the memories she would be sharing were not hers, but...was it worth a shot?

Deciding that it was something she should try a different day, Rose tried with words again. "Look, I'll try and keep this simple: The Doctor was hurt and about to regenerate - like turning into a different person - but he threw the extra energy into a severed hand that was once his - even longer story, but he grew it back, so this was an extra - and therefore stayed himself. Later, Donna was trapped in the TARDIS and accidentally created a biological metacrisis: a version of the Doctor that was half-human and half-Time Lord. Thing is, she was the other half of the metacrisis: a human with a Time Lord brain. Humans aren't meant to handle that, and she would have burned up and died had the Doctor not locked her memories away. If she ever remembers anything, though, she will burn. Since then, the Doctor has regenerated - he looks nothing like he did before - I travel with the metacrisis - his name's John, and he looks like the Doctor you remember - and Donna has lived a normal life."

Rose finally took a breath, having forgotten to do so during her mini-speech. Realizing that she had been rambling, she searched Jenny's eyes with a worried frown. "Did...any of that make sense?"
Jenny
Posted: Aug 25 2012, 04:24 PM

I'm not a monkey!
Group Icon

Jenny had seen and experienced her share of strange things over the past four years, this festival being one of them. She was still new enough to the world saving business, however, to be a tad upset when a stranger who had supposedly unintentionally run into her yanked her forcibly whilst questioning her sanity.

The fact her mouth was being covered also made Jenny highly tempted to bite her attacker. Or, since her body language did in fairness seem more concerned than threatening, simply lick her palm.

There was no arguing with results, in Jenny's opinion.

But she held still, even as the blonde started babbling rapid fire on a good dozen or so concepts that made no real sense to Jenny. True, that was not entirely Rose's fault. Despite her intelligence and apperance, Jenny was only four, and thefore only had a limited knowledge and experience base. Especially when it came to things dealing with her father. Time travel was one thing, but what did this strange woman mean by regeneration? Or a metacrisis? What did 'metacrisis' even mean?

The one thought that did make sense to Jenny was that her dad thought she was dead. Jenny had known that already. She trusted that her dad wouldn't have left her if he had thought she was still alive on Messaline.

That was why it was so important for her to find him.

"Did...any of that make sense?"

Jenny glared before pushing herself slightly away from the girl's hand so she could actually speak unmuffled.

"Only the part where you are the one that's crazy," Jenny answered testily.

A stranger was a stranger, and this girl made even less sense than most.
Donna Noble
Posted: May 6 2013, 06:31 PM

Group Icon

[OOC: If Jenny and Rose are still with us, I'd like to continue this - but if not, perhaps I should try another angle insofar as "fixing" Donna. *hugs*]
Jenny
Posted: May 9 2013, 08:46 PM

I'm not a monkey!
Group Icon

((I'm still here and interested!))
Rose Tyler
Posted: May 10 2013, 08:24 AM

I create myself
Group Icon

[OOC: I'm game if you are. smile.gif]
Donna Noble
Posted: May 10 2013, 10:48 AM

Group Icon

Well, whoever it was who’d been trying to get Donna’s attention had stopped waving. In fact, they seemed to have flat-out vanished.

How rude! Headache or no, Donna wanted to find this rude person and tell them off. You don’t just go around waving at people, calling their name and then dart off!

She stood determinedly and began to stalk off in that person’s last known general location.

Oi!” Donna barked. “Who wos it, callin’ for Donna?” she demanded.

She was met with shrugs and uncertain looks from other partygoers. They probably thought she’d had too much to drink and was simply being belligerent.

Donna pouted a little and leaned back against the outside wall. The pounding in her head had increased, and she closed her eyes against the pain.

“Ugh… Where’d ya go…?” she uttered softly, feeling defeated – usually she could get what she wanted by yelling, but perhaps, not this time. Not to mention her aching head – it made her just want to give up. On everything. Which was very, very unlike her.

“Must not be important…” Donna weakly murmured, trailing off as she slid down the wall to sit down, and she cradled her burning, pounding head in her hands.
Rose Tyler
Posted: May 27 2013, 01:06 PM

I create myself
Group Icon

Rose pursed her lips in irritation and was about to respond to Jenny when she heard Donna's voice. She looked over her shoulder in panic and quickly pulled Jenny further behind the column, though she still listened to the redhead's words. What she heard broke her heart. The woman was obviously confused and seemed to be in pain, and Rose could only imagine how much her head must be reeling. She knew, though, that if Donna stayed here any longer, surrounded by everything that could remind her of her past adventures, she might well die, and Rose wasn't about to stand by and let that happen.

Turning back to Jenny, Rose tried to make things simpler. "Right, let's try this again: I know your name is Jenny. I know you're the Doctor's daughter. I know you're only what, four years old, now? I also know that if either of us speaks to Donna she will die, all right? Does that work for you?" She sighed, letting go of the girl and holding out her hand instead. "My name's Rose Tyler. I've known the Doctor for longer than you've been alive and I'm married to his better half. Most importantly, you, Donna, and I might be in a lot of trouble right now just for being here."

Not waiting for Jenny's response, Rose peeked around the column again, and what she saw made her frown deepen. Donna was holding her head in her hands as if in extreme pain, sitting down against the wall. Rose bit her lip as she tried to figure out a way to help her without making the damage any worse than it already was.
Jenny
Posted: Jun 8 2013, 05:21 PM

I'm not a monkey!
Group Icon

"Look, Ms Tyler," Jenny huffed. "I don't know what you're on about, nor am I impressed you've known my dad for longer. Especially since you seem to know my age. Which is interesting, considering how far away I am before my initial time stream..."

Jenny blinked, then rallied. "But more on that later. What I care about, is that's my friend out there. She's hurting and she needs help. And I'm not going to let her get hurt."

The girl scowled fiercely, bravado and determination shining quite clearly through her eyes.

“I don’t know you from… what’s the human expression? Adam’s house cat? If you must natter, you may do so while I get my friend.”

With that, Jenny marched determinedly over to the redhead, kneeling next to her.

“Donna?” she asked gently. “I think you need a lie down.”
Donna Noble
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 05:15 PM

Group Icon

Slowly, Donna withdrew her head from her hands and turned her face upwards to look at the young blonde who had just suggested she could use a lie-down. She gave Jenny a pained and somewhat haughty look and clung onto her sassiness, despite the pain and burning in her head.

"I've not had too much to drink," she protested, assuming that the blonde - and everyone else - thought she was drunk.

Pouting a bit, and her pain still clear behind her eyes, Donna narrowed her eyebrows a little and sort of squinted up at the other girl.

"How d' ya know my name?" she asked, her voice starting to weaken a bit.

Donna had no memory of ever having met Jenny, the Doctor's daughter, nor had she any memory of the Doctor... Those memories, however, had started bubbling to the surface - and quite quickly now, too.

The longer Donna looked at Jenny, and the more her memories pushed against the barrier that the Doctor had installed in her mind, the more her head burned... and, a strange feeling of inexplicable familiarity began to grow within the wearied ginger.

Of course, all of this just caused her pain to worsen, which forced Donna to squeeze her eyes shut.

"Have we met before?" Donna asked, nearly murmuring now, and starting to rethink the girl's suggestion to lie down and have a rest.
Rose Tyler
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 10:26 PM

I create myself
Group Icon

((OOC: I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY!!! I just really honestly wasn't sure how to handle this, but I think I know what I'm going to do now. Also, if I'm being WAY too meta/God-mode/whatever with semi-Time Lord abilities, PLEASE do let me know and I'll edit this.))

Every cell in Rose's body and every thought in her brain seemed to stutter to a grinding halt. For the first time since John's capture and the chaos that ensued, Rose went into sheer, blind panic. The next second seemed to stretch out into infinity -- which was just as well, seeing as Rose felt like she needed an infinity to figure out what to do next. But try as she might, she couldn't grasp a single scattered thread of an idea or solution to what was swiftly becoming a complete disaster. Jenny, in her ignorance and childish refusal to listen, was about to unlock Donna's memories and, in doing so, destroy her, and Rose had no idea what to do about it.

At a complete loss, Rose did the first thing she could think of: mentally scream for her husband.

John, who was busy helping U.N.I.T. at the Tower of London, responded immediately. The reply Rose got across their bond was one of surprise, confusion, and worry for her safety. Keeping an eye on Donna and Jenny and trying to keep her panic in check, Rose assured John she was all right before explaining the situation. Surprise became shock, which then became an aggravated, near-panicked fury as he cursed a blue streak. She could almost see him pacing in a circle and tugging at his hair while a startled Kate (Lethbridge-)Stewart looked on. After letting him rant for a moment, Rose desperately asked how she could stop Donna's impending destruction, watching as Donna squeezed her eyes shut and swayed where she sat. Taking a moment to rein in his own panic, John relayed a set of instructions; while neither he nor Rose were full Time Lords, their interaction with the Untempered Schism had granted them some tricks.

Knowing what she had to do and promising she'd keep John updated on the situation, Rose moved from her position behind the pillar and circled around behind Donna. Praying to every deity she could think of that this would work, she gently pressed her fingers to Donna's temples and willed her to sleep -- willed the memories to retreat. Thankfully -- or perhaps not so much -- Donna was already on the verge of unconsciousness, so while it took a great deal of effort and willpower on Rose's part to send her the rest of the way, it wasn't nearly as difficult as it would have been if Donna had been fully awake. Catching the redhead before she fell, Rose slung the sleeping woman's arm over her shoulder and pulled her upright, wondering if there was a way she could call her and John's TARDIS to her so she wouldn't have to drag Donna all the way there. In the meantime, Rose fixed her gaze on Jenny. Gone was the kind, worried, caring Rose who had tried to persuade the girl to leave Donna be. In her place was the Rose who had held a gun to the highest-ranked Time Lady in the universe.

"If Donna dies," Rose growled, "her blood will be on your hands."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0431 seconds · Archive