Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauder’s era RP
Affiliates:

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Here Comes the Sun, Clara x Eleven
Clara Oswald
Posted: May 10 2013, 02:18 PM

"Run, you clever boy... and remember."
Group Icon

Group: Time Travellers
Member No.: 397

It was almost 7:30 in the morning. A Wednesday, like usual. The Doctor would be there soon, and the Maitland children were just about on their way to school. Clara stood at the front door, clutching their backpacks, eager for them to leave before the TARDIS materialized.

There were, after all, certain things that were… complicated, which Clara really didn’t wish to explain to the kids. Nor, for that matter, to their father.

As the kids came to the front door, Clara said, “Here we are – lunches packed, just the way you like,” and she handed the bags over, giving each one a quick hug before they left.

“Be good! Don’t be late, and have a good day!” Clara supportively called out as they headed out. “See you!” She waved after them as they stepped out into the lane – and, they’d gone just in time.

Like clockwork, right at 7:30 on the dot, Clara heard the familiar vworp, vworp that heralded the Doctor’s arrival. She quickly shut the door and began to pace in the entryway, bright eyed and bushy tailed as always and very much looking forward to her next adventure with the Doctor.

Somehow, Clara managed to refrain from whipping open the door and rushing out to meet the Doctor at the TARDIS. Instead, she waited with baited breath for him to ring the doorbell, like a gentleman. The second the bell rang, however, Clara pounced. She nearly tore the door off its hinges in her excitement and greeted the tall, lanky man with an indulgent grin.

“Good morning, Doctor,” Clara said warmly, her voice brimming over with vibrant enthusiasm.
The Doctor
Posted: May 12 2013, 12:42 AM

i walked AWAY from the last great TIME WAR
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord Secondary Admin
Member No.: 151

Leaning against the door frame as the door was opened 'ever so gently' the Doctor smirked and waggled a finger at Clara

"This way,"

Walking ahead of her into the TARDIS, the Doctor leaned against the console until Clara was through the doors. Flipping the parking brake off, the Doctor let out a loud HA! as the doors slammed shut and the TARDIS rumbled into motion, "And here we go!"

The console room tilting from one side to the other, the Doctor darted over to the left-most secondary console and entered a few commands before darting BACK to the main console and switching the main landing controls full on as the console room smoothed out and finally spun to a stop. The TARDIS emitting it's familiar whoosh-thump noise as its dying-star engine ground to a halt.

Turning around, the Doctor grinned at his companion and said, "Did a lot of work on this one - months of research! Well - I say research, more like digging around in the library and shouting at the spiders that live in the rafters," the ancient Time Lord made a face, "Ugh, hate spiders - I really do. Anyway!" moving to throw the doors open the Doctor's grin melted right off his face when they wouldn't budge.

Blinking in annoyance, the Time Lord ran over to the console and pulled the scanner over, "Oh..." the TARDIS seemed to be sitting in the middle of a corridor... facing the wrong way, "Right, sorry," flipping a few switches, the Doctor grinned as the TARDIS doors vanished for a second only to reappear almost instantly, "There we go - I say I'm getting better at this! Didn't even need to move the ol' girl - just remap the interior around the exterior!"

Throwing the doors open properly this time, the Doctor grinned, "Who da man?!" striding down the middle of a long corridor, the Doctor got half-way down the corridor, leaned against a support and nodded at the window, "Now check THAT out," the corridor itself was just an average corridor - if you'd seen one, you'd seen them all.

However

Sitting just outside the huge windows that lined the corridor, was the huge glowing mass of a star, "Clara Oswald... welcome to Desh," the huge star glowing bright yellow right outside the window looked so big you could reach out and touch it. Huge balls of gas and lava-like pools of liquid fire shot up from the surface of the star bellow. Huge truck-like machines could be seen coming and going from the surface of the star - carrying glowing objects in the back of their trunks.

"An impossible star situated in an impossible system - thousands of years ago a huge gas-giant collided with this star. The resulting explosion doubled the stars size and consumed all the planets in the system - this baby is millions of trillions of... SQUILLIONS of years old and hasn't even shrunk it was fed so much fuel!" adjusting his bow-tie the Doctor grinned, "New number there - dunno if you noticed... anyway, the metal core of the gas giant hasn't even finished melting yet, in fact it's MERGED with the heart of the star itself! Now, every once in a while it reacts with the core and releases huge pockets of liquid... stuff that - when hardened - create..."

Reaching into his jacket pocket, the Doctor tugged out a small triangle-shaped gem. An almost peaceful pink-colored gem, it seemed to be glowing with a light of its own, "Ascuro gems, each gem contains the last light - you know, that light you see JUST before the sun sets..." holding the gem up to the light of the sun, the Doctor grinned as it glowed even brighter, "These little things are amazing... one of the hardest known substance in the galaxy - once processed and hardened, these things can cut through an Ice Warriors armor like a hot knife through butter! And beautiful- pfft! Forget about it! Look at this? Isn't that beautiful?"

"That one 'd be about the price of half a moon I'd say..."

Spinning around at the sound of a female voice, the Doctor grinned when he saw a lanky-looking creature. Possessing four arms and two legs, it looked almost like a potato - with two stick-like necks leading to vaugly humanoid faces, the one that had spoken looked mostly female, while the other one (older looking and slightly shrunken) looked male, "Now look Aliza! You frightened him!" laughing the Doctor ran forward and embraced the alien(s) and spun around, "Clara - meet my godbrother and godsister, Aliza and Ezlia!"

Looking Clara up and down, the female head gave Clara a wink and a feisty grin, "Well aren't you cute? Clara eh? Got a boyfriend Clara?" slapping the female head on the neck, the older head looked annoyed, "Aliza! I do hope you'll forgive her Ms. Clara - she can be SO rude when meeting new people..." coming up behind the two heads, the Doctor put his hand on their 'shoulders' and said, "Hey guys... Clara's never seen an Ascuro gem mining facility before... what's say we give her a tour?"
Clara Oswald
Posted: May 13 2013, 03:13 PM

Group Icon

Clara said nothing in regards to the Doctor's roundabout way of calling himself "'da man", but the expression on her face spoke volumes. Perhaps something along the lines of 'how ridiculous', or 'he's so silly!', or something like that - it wasn't really all that important, though, to be honest.

What was important, however, was what he'd brought her to see: a beautiful, impossible star, in an impossible system. Apparently, it was called Desh.

Clara listened carefully to the Doctor, while he animatedly explained what they had come to see, though her eyes were trained on the glowing mass of Desh, up ahead.

She turned back to face the Doctor when he'd pulled an Ascuro gem our of his pocket, and she gazed at the pink, glowing gem, enchanted by both its beauty and by the fact that it contained the last light of a setting sun.

Pretty romantic for a rock...

"It's gorgeous..." Clara marveled, pulling her eyes off the gem to look up at the Doctor.

"That one 'd be about the price of half a moon I'd say..." a female voice trailed off, causing the Doctor to spin around to face the source.

Possessing four arms and two legs, it looked almost like a potato - with two stick-like necks leading to [two] vaguely humanoid faces, the one that had spoken looked mostly female, while the other one (older looking and slightly shrunken) looked male.

Clara, too, turned to look at who had spoken. After all of the creatures she'd seen at Akhaten, she wasn't frightened or otherwise put-off by this two-headed being. She watched it - or rather, them - with curiosity, instead.

"Now look Aliza! You frightened him!"

Laughing, the Doctor ran forward and embraced the alien(s) and spun around, "Clara - meet my godbrother and godsister, Aliza and Ezlia!"

Smiling bemusedly and with one eyebrow slightly cocked, Clara rhetorically asked, "Family, then?" Her smile grew wider, and she added, "Nice to meet you... Both of you."

Looking Clara up and down, the female head gave Clara a wink and a feisty grin, "Well aren't you cute? Clara eh? Got a boyfriend Clara?"

Clara's smile faltered somewhat, and she felt a bit at a loss as to what to say. She didn't have a boyfriend... Not really. The closest she had to a boyfriend would have to be the Doctor, though they weren't romantically linked. He thought she was too short and bossy, and that her nose was all funny... But, he was a 'boy', and he was her friend - probably even her best friend. But, definitely not her boyfriend.

Awkwardly, Clara replied, "Uhh... Well..." Thankfully, Aliza's brother came to the rescue:

Slapping the female head on the neck, the older head looked annoyed, "Aliza! I do hope you'll forgive her Ms. Clara - she can be SO rude when meeting new people..."

Clara gave a relieved chuckle and nodded her head. "'Course. No worries," she replied, glad to have the pressure of answering Aliza's tricky question taken away.

Coming up behind the two heads, the Doctor put his hand on their 'shoulders' and said, "Hey guys... Clara's never seen an Ascuro gem mining facility before... what's say we give her a tour?"

Delighted, Clara looked to Aliza and Ezlia, and the Doctor, and she gave them a hopeful and excited grin, while her eyes sparkled with the promise of a new adventure. There was surely something special about these gems, and it would seem that this tour would prove to be far more exciting than a 'traditional' mining facility would be.

"Oh, that would be brilliant!" Clara exclaimed.
The Doctor
Posted: May 16 2013, 12:15 AM

Group Icon

Rubbing his hands together as he explained, the Doctor said, "Well! Depends on your definition of family - and your definition of childhood. Regular yawn-fest my childhood, trust me, these two - however - were the children of my god-mother. A rather..." opening his mouth and shutting it several times, the Doctor struggled to find the right word - before Ezlia cut in and said, "Eccentric," but before the Doctor could speak, Aliza said, "Batty," scowling at his sister, the older head jabber her in the neck as the Doctor said, "Old woman with two heads and bad breath,"

Grinning, the Doctor said, "She would visit every now and again - bring me presents from off my home world. Bit of a black sheep with the rest of my relatives - but she was loved, so - by that definition - that makes her-" grabbing the two-headed creature behind him by the necks, he grinned and said, "And them, my family,"

Nodding in respect to Clara, the older head said, "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance Ms. Clara, my full name isn't pronounceable by species with only one head - but please feel free to call me by the name the Doctor-" unable to sit still for a minute, Aliza jerked her face in front of Clara and said, "Because if you DON'T have a boyfriend - and who really WANTS a 'boy' friend, I could always-" squeaking as Elzia popped her in the neck again, Aliza scowled at him but was interrupted by Clara's comment that a tour would be brilliant.

"Really?! A tour? Oh how fun!" clapping her pair of hands (since she and Elzia each had control of a set) grinning from ear-to-ear, Aliza said, "We haven't had anybody but miners and buyers for years! It would be such fun! Can we start now? Hm? Maybe even show her one of our mining-lifts?" spinning her long neck around to face Clara, Aliza said, "That's what we use to mine the main core chunk at the heart of Desh - big long lifts that get lowered into the HEART of the sun! You'd love it down that - it's like being INSIDE a volcano - only even BRIGHTER and bigger and-"

Sighing, Elzia interrupted and said, "We can show her all of that but you're spoiling the best parts! Come on!" starting to walk, the 'two' fell into step ahead of Clara and the Doctor and Elzia began, "This place was first founded by our grandmother - our mother had little interest in it, but when she passed on it was left to us and Aliza and I decided to make a go of turning into a real profit-maker. The crystals this station produces are enough to keep it afloat but we believed we could do more than that - not just make a profit, but make a name for-" by now bored again, Aliza said, "You're doing it wrong! You're boring them - get to the part about the big machines! Oh Clara! They make HUGE crunchy noises when they're rendering down the liquid crystal form! Oh the lift! Can we show them the lifts yet?"

Rolling his eyes, Elzia muttered, "We can't just go out of order! It won't make sense-" but Aliza was adamant, "Oh please! She wants to see the big part of the station - she really does! Can't we show her NOW?!" throwing his pair of hands up in the air, Eliza muttered and said, "Alright fine! C'mon!"
Clara Oswald
Posted: May 20 2013, 03:24 PM

Group Icon

Clara giggled a bit at the description of the Doctor's god-mother. Bad breath aside, she sounded rather wonderful - as did the Doctor's definition of 'family': those that were loved.

"She sounds like quite a lovely lady," Clara said, glossing over the bad breath part. It wouldn't be fair to hold halitosis against anyone - and, it was also relieving to learn that it wasn't just a problem that humans had to deal with.

And then, she'd agreed to the tour - to which, the Doctor's god-siblings seemed to be quite excited about.

"Can we start now? Hm? Maybe even show her one of our mining-lifts?" spinning her long neck around to face Clara, Aliza said, "That's what we use to mine the main core chunk at the heart of Desh - big long lifts that get lowered into the HEART of the sun! You'd love it down that - it's like being INSIDE a volcano - only even BRIGHTER and bigger and-"

Clara's eyes grew a bit wider with the promise of an adventure within this mine. The part about it being like the inside of a volcano sounded terribly fascinating.

Sighing, Elzia interrupted and said, "We can show her all of that but you're spoiling the best parts! Come on!"

Since she had no idea where they were going, Clara followed after Aliza and Elzia and kept near the Doctor, while Elzia began to tell them a bit about the history of the mine.

"You're doing it wrong! You're boring them - get to the part about the big machines! Oh Clara! They make HUGE crunchy noises when they're rendering down the liquid crystal form! Oh the lift! Can we show them the lifts yet?"

Clara smirked. These two reminded her a bit of Artie and Angie with all of their wanting to show off to her, and their back and forth chatter.

She liked them already!

Rolling his eyes, Elzia muttered, "We can't just go out of order! It won't make sense-"

"Oh please! She wants to see the big part of the station - she really does! Can't we show her NOW?!"

Throwing his pair of hands up in the air, Eliza muttered and said, "Alright fine! C'mon!"

Clara laughed - they'd only just gotten started, and she was having a marvelous time.

"Yes! Why don't you two show me the best parts, then? Your favorites, I mean," the Impossible Girl suggested, making sure that they both were included. Being a nanny for two children had made her well-practiced in dealing with Equality and Fairness.

While they walked, Clara shot an amused glance at the Doctor, letting him know with her sparkling eyes and the grin on her face that she was enjoying herself.

"It is quite safe, isn't it?" Clara asked the Doctor, as sort of an afterthought.

Of course, it must be safe - mustn't it?
The Doctor
Posted: Jun 3 2013, 01:41 AM

Group Icon

Walking behind them, the Doctor looked distracted as the 'two' people chattered back and forth between themselves and with Clara. Seeming to come back to himself as Clara asked him if it was 'safe' the Doctor blinked, "Hm? Safe?" Pfft!" making a face, the Time Lord said, "Safe is just a word - like roustabout, or rapscallion... or shenanigans," grinning to himself, the Time Lord said, "I promised you only one thing on this trip - it's the trip of a lifetime. But it won't EVER be safe, it won't EVER be quiet and it won't EVER be calm,"

Smirking, the Doctor winked at her, "That's the only promise you're getting out of me,"

As they approached a whole bank of doors and controls, Aliza ran forward and began inputting commands, "Oh wait 'till you see it! It's brilliant! I patented this design after MONTHS of work!" Ezlia looked annoyed, "Months of MY work - I designed it!" Aliza waved that away, "Piffle, I'm the one who got the legal counsel to grant us the patent - some other company would have stolen it if I'd not done the HARD work,"

With a whoosh the door Aliza had been working on whirred open. Passing through the door, Aliza and Ezlia shivered a bit as a blue energy field passed over them - scanning them - and vanished, "Don't worry about the scanning field - it's a little weird, like those pokey feelings you get when you've been sittin on your foot for too long!" passing through it, the Doctor grinned, "I like what you've done with the place!"

The lift itself was almost as big as the TARDIS console room. The whole left wall was taken up by long 'arms' that had been built into the wall, huge 'trays' sat under the arms - obviously for the workers to deposit scrapings from the metallic core in the middle of the impossible star, "You just stick your arms in there - totally shielded - and scrape the metal pieces off the core. Dump the liquid into the bucket-trap, and boom!" Aliza said with a grin, "Crystals in liquid form!"

Looking out the port-hole at the star glowing outside, the Doctor glanced at Clara and said, "It's okay seeing it from up this high and all... but what do you guys think about taking us to see the core itself?" grinning like a madman, the Doctor said, "Well?" Aliza squealed with excitement, "Oh! To see the core?! Really?! We haven't been down there in ages! And you'll let ME show you?! SWEET!!! Ezlia c'mon!" dragging her 'other half' through the scanner again, Aliza began working the controls from outside the lift, "Let's set the coordinates for the drop!"
Clara Oswald
Posted: Jul 8 2013, 12:30 PM

Group Icon

"I promised you only one thing on this trip - it's the trip of a lifetime. But it won't EVER be safe, it won't EVER be quiet and it won't EVER be calm," Smirking, the Doctor winked at her, "That's the only promise you're getting out of me."

Clara grinned back at the Doctor. She felt up to the challenge, and she did so love running with the Doctor.

“That’s alright – so long as you’re around, Doctor,” she replied, giving him a gentle, playful nudge in his rib-area with her elbow.

The Twins – who was what Clara was now considering Aliza and Ezila to be – started going on and on about how much work they’d each poured into the design of this place, while they all made their way further inside the facility. A blue light passed over them, as if scanning them, or something.

"Don't worry about the scanning field - it's a little weird, like those pokey feelings you get when you've been sittin on your foot for too long.”

"I like what you've done with the place!" the Doctor exclaimed.

“So… How’s it all work?” Clara asked as she looked around the room.

"You just stick your arms in there - totally shielded - and scrape the metal pieces off the core. Dump the liquid into the bucket-trap, and boom!" Aliza said with a grin, "Crystals in liquid form!"

Clara stepped closer to the wall and looked into the little window that the workmen would use when scraping the metal from the core.

“Sounds easy enough,” she commented, impressed at the technology that the Twins had created. “I bet even I could manage it,” Clara added, smiling up at the Doctor.

But, he wasn’t looking at her – he was looking outside… And then, he turned back to face Clara and impishly asked, "It's okay seeing it from up this high and all... but what do you guys think about taking us to see the core itself?" Grinning like a madman, the Doctor asked, "Well?"

Clara nodded her head emphatically, and she started grinning like the Doctor – she couldn’t help it. His smile and adventurous nature were absolutely infectious.

“Oh, yes! Please!” Clara chimed in.

Aliza squealed with excitement, "Oh! To see the core?! Really?! We haven't been down there in ages! And you'll let ME show you?! SWEET!!! Ezlia c'mon!" dragging her 'other half' through the scanner again, Aliza began working the controls from outside the lift, "Let's set the coordinates for the drop!"

When she heard the word ‘drop’, Clara’s smile faded. She shot a concerned look to the Twins and asked, “… Drop?” as if she hadn’t heard Aliza properly.

“What do you mean by ‘drop’?” she asked a bit hesitantly.

Sure, she still wanted to see the core, but… What was she getting herself into, here?
The Doctor
Posted: Jul 10 2013, 04:16 AM

Group Icon

As the 'twins' ran through the scanning field again, the Doctor came up behind Clara and put his arm on her shoulder, "EXACTLY what it sounds like... drop, as in fall - as in WHOOSH... SPLAT!' smacking his hands together for emphasis, the Doctor shrugged and said, "Course... it's sorta... LAME, 'cause it's a CONTROLLED whoosh-splat..." leading Clara to one of the control seats, the Doctor motioned for her to sit down, "But if this isn't exciting enough I'll take you back to the TARDIS and we can go find some black holes to play around!"

Jumping away from Clara, the Doctor quickly loped out past the scanner and his smile vanished as he looked at the twins, "Well?!" glancing at her 'brother' Aliza said, "Well what?" rolling his eyes, the Doctor hissed, "Look that scanner could detect EVERYTHING about a person - there's nothing more sensitive in the galaxy... now, what is she?" looking over her shoulder, Aliza whispered, "A giant... brain eating... Irainian Jerd," staring at her with a blank expression, the Doctor sighed and said, "Ezlia?"

Shaking his older head, Ezlia said, "I don't know what to tell you Theta... she's human. Completely human - a bit high on the background temporal radiation but that's to be expected with all the leaks onboard your ship," snorting, the Doctor scowled, "The TARDIS doesn't leak - and don't call me Theta, you know I hate that nickname!" Aliza looked annoyed now, "To be quite honest - Theta - we don't really know ANYTHING about you anymore! How long has it been since we last saw you? Two? Three regenerations ago? How many hundreds of years from YOUR perspective?!"

Scowling, the Doctor looked away, "Look I'm sorry I wasn't here when our mother-" Alizia shoved him and shook her head, "GOD mother to you... you don't GET to call her mother - leaving her here and running off to fight in some war, she thought you were dead!" scowling, the Doctor stopped paying attention to Aliza and said, "So she's human?" shrugging, Ezlia said, "According to the machine, yes. COMPLETELY human," scowling, the Doctor started to say something - but he was cut off when he heard Clara calling them.

Running back through the scanner and into the control room of the pod, the Doctor looked out through the viewer at what Clara was pointing at, "I don't know..." he said in confusion, "It looks like some sort of ship... it'd have to be pretty well-armored to come in this low!" stroking his chin, Ezlia said, "Might be remote-piloted... Aliza, call up the pods that have already started mining, see what they-" suddenly the whole station began to shake and alarms started going off, "They're attacking us!"

Running towards the console, Aliza began inputting commands, "This is Desh Station 010 to attacking ship!" swallowing nervously as the whole station shook again, Aliza shouted into the com, " We may not have any defenses but that's because the solar gases in this ball of heat are explosive! If you strike a pocket of the plasma you'll kill all of us!" the ship seemed to take the point as it lifted up OVER the station and some few kilometers away from the surface of the super-charged star, "What in the name of-" suddenly the ship spun around and as the shocked observers watched the ship began emptying volleys of laser-fire into the gas-like bubbles of super-heated plasma floating near the station, "Doctor do something! Ms. Clara! They're going to blow this whole section of the star sky-high!!"

Suddenly the door leading to the pod slammed shut and as they listened a horrific grinding sound began to fill the air, "Ah... that would be the emergency station-pods sealing us in..." swallowing, Ezlia said, "I'm more worried about that grinding... if the main supports fracture-"

And then came the loud CRACK
Clara Oswald
Posted: Jul 27 2013, 03:05 PM

Group Icon

Clara took a seat as the Doctor had indicated, and when he teased her about going to see a black hole, should she find herself bored here... Well, she really disliked the thought of maybe getting sucked into a black hole.

Bottom line: Clara understood. The Doctor was calling her a scaredy-cat. In reply, she rolled her eyes and smirked, but before she could say anything, the Doctor was already off and on his way to check on the twins.

While she waited, Clara cast her gaze out the large window of the pod, and she happened to notice that something seemed to be flying towards them. Curious, Clara stood up and went to the window to watch.

As it got closer, it seemed to be a ship. But, it looked to be coming in quite fast... and Clara felt a bit uneasy about it.

"Doctor...?" she said softly and uncertainly.

Clara was a bit more audible the second time she called for her friend, "Doctor?!?!"

Glancing back over her shoulder, Clara saw that the Doctor was running towards her. When he was close enough to see what she saw out the window, Clara pointed at the incoming craft and asked, "What's that? And, why's it not slowing down...?"

"I don't know..." he said in confusion, "It looks like some sort of ship... it'd have to be pretty well-armored to come in this low!"

"Might be remote-piloted... Aliza, call up the pods that have already started mining, see what they-" suddenly the whole station began to shake and alarms started going off.

"Aah!" Clara cried out as she lost her footing and tumbled to the floor of the pod. She was unharmed - so far.

"They're attacking us!" the Doctor announced, as if the ship's intentions hadn't already been made clear.

"This is Desh Station 010 to attacking ship!" swallowing nervously as the whole station shook again, Aliza shouted into the com, " We may not have any defenses but that's because the solar gases in this ball of heat are explosive! If you strike a pocket of the plasma you'll kill all of us!"

Slowly, Clara stood back up. Feeling a little wobbly, and far more scared than she let on, she looked around to see the twins running for a control panel, and Aliza spoke into the radio, warning the ship out there to leave them alone...

"What in the name of-"

Everything suddenly shook again, but this time Clara had something to hold onto so she wouldn't fall, and Aliza explained into the radio why attacking them here would be a terribly bad idea; however, rather than cease its attack, the ship turned and started shooting directly into the nearby plasma deposits...

"Doctor do something! Ms. Clara! They're going to blow this whole section of the star sky-high!!" Aliza cried.

Clara looked to the Doctor. Her eyes wide with panic, but her outward demeanor was calm and in control.

"What do we do?" she asked him.

Suddenly the door leading to the pod slammed shut and as they listened a horrific grinding sound began to fill the air.

Clara gasped and looked around, trying to sort out what was going on. It was like their pod had gone into lock-down, or something... But, she couldn't sort out the grinding noise.

"What's happening?!" she yelled above the terrible, loud noise that engulfed their little pod.

"Ah... that would be the emergency station-pods sealing us in..." the Doctor explained.

"I'm more worried about that grinding... if the main supports fracture-" Ezlia started to explain, but he was cut off by a loud CRACK.

The electricity began to flicker and falter, and Clara screamed and scrambled about, reaching out for the Doctor, or possibly just something to hold onto, while their pod plummeted towards the sun's deadly and inhospitable surface...
The Doctor
Posted: Aug 7 2013, 11:00 PM

Group Icon

Stumbling to his knees with a shout, the Doctor coughed and ran his fingers through his mop of hair, "Ah!" he shouted in discomfort, "Okay... dislocated shoulder... just gotta... pop it..." jerking hard to the left the Doctor let out another shout and said, "Ah ah ah... okay... that's the ol' shoulder back where it belongs - okay... lets see... are we passing out? No... okay," reaching into his jacket pocket, the Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and held it aloft, "Okay... dark... lots of metal bits... oh," shoving at the 'metal' bit, the Doctor realized part of the roof had given way and created a little 'clubhouse' that he was kneeling under.

Shoving the rubble off of himself, the Doctor wiped at his coat, "Alright! Whose not dead? SOUND OFF!" when he heard a bundle of groans the Doctor grinned, "Ah, well, there's Clara... the only one who was belted in... Ezlia? Aliza?" hearing muffled groaning the Doctor found his god-siblings lower-half pinned under a pile of rubble, "Clara come help me... oh," pointing the sonic at her so the belt-clasp would unlock, the Doctor grinned sheepishly, "Sorry, come help me get them out,"

Dragging the twins free, the Doctor's grin faded as he looked at Ezlia, "Oh... oh..." he said softly. Reaching out to touch his god-siblings face, the Doctor's face looked warn and tired, as he stared at Ezlia. Not even looking at Aliza as she slowly awoke, the Doctor just kept staring at Ezlia, "Doctor... cutey..." she said, smiling weakly at Clara, "Are we safe? Are we alright?" still staring at Ezlia as he just kept his hand on the old aliens face, the Doctor said, "Not all of us..." looking at her twin, Aliza smiled - but it didn't meet her eyes, "Don't... don't worry Theta, he's alright - I can... I can feel him, his thoughts - when he sleeps I can still feel him there. He's alright,"

Staring into Ezlia's empty eyes, the Doctor finally closed them and looked sadly at Aliza, "He's gone, Aliza... there's nothing there. What you're feeling is what's left of him - it's just a phantom pain..." shaking her head, a determined look on her face, Aliza said, "You're wrong... he's there... I can feel him," staring at the Doctor, Aliza growled when the ancient Time Lord looked away, "I'm not going to listen to some phantom pain story... he's THERE!' reaching out to touch her twin, Aliza forced a smile on her face, "Come on older brother... you... you're okay - TELL them you're okay!"

Her face falling as her other half just lay there, Aliza started to shove at his face, "Do you hear me? Huh!? Tell them you're alright! TELL THEM!!" shaking Ezlia's neck, Aliza began to cry, "You're alright damn it! STOP PLAYING!!! Tell them - tell him you're alright! You're not gone - you're there!! I CAN FEEL YOU!!" grabbing Aliza's arms the Doctor winced as she hit him and shoved at him but held onto her as she slowly sank into a sobbing mess, "It's alright... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," sobbing softly, Aliza shook her head, "He's... he's not gone..."

Swallowing, the Doctor gently stroked Aliza's long neck, "I'm sorry, Aliza... I understand-" her grief turning to rage in a split-second, Aliza shoved him away, "No you don't! There's no way you could POSSIBLY know!!" kneeling there in the rubble, the Doctor reached out to Aliza but she covered Ezlia with her hand and hissed at the Doctor, "Aliza please- just calm down, I can't help you if you don't... why don't you-" sobbing and growling all at once, Aliza hissed out, "Why don't you go to hell?!" stiffening, the Doctor looked at Ezlia again and, shoving Aliza back from Ezlia's half of their body, the Doctor slowly took off his coat and covered the elder head. Glancing at Aliza - who just glowered at him - the Doctor turned to Clara and started rolling up his sleeves.

His look of barely controlled remorse and loss vanished instantly (at least from his face) as he smiled at Clara and said, "Alright Ms. Oswald - why don't you see what you can do for Aliza? I'm going to take a look around," snapping his suspenders, the Doctor pulled on his pond-specs and said, "Can't be brilliant if I don't know where I'm standing, can I?" tapping Clara on the nose, the Doctor sprinted off in the direction of the rear of the ship
Clara Oswald
Posted: Aug 8 2013, 04:57 PM

Group Icon

"Clara come help me..." she heard the Time Lord say to her. She looked up from her seat and nodded down at the safety belt that'd kept her safely in place when they'd crashed.

She couldn't unclasp the belt, though - Clara was stuck. Words hadn't been necessary, though, as the Doctor soon realized why she wasn't hopping up to help out.

"Oh, sorry, come help me get them out," the Doctor said, as he pulled out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the safety belt.

A moment later the clasp undid itself, and Clara slipped out of the seat and followed the Doctor - carefully avoiding broken bits of the ship that had fallen in - to the twins, who were trapped under a pile of rubble.

Once they pulled the twins free and gave them a look-over, the Doctor's face fell. Puzzled, Clara looked from him to the twins. A moment later, she understood that they'd lost Ezila.

"No..." she breathed. Her eyes went wide and began to sting with the threat of tears - and then the Doctor'd had to explain that painful, tragic truth to his sister, who went through several stages of grief in but a few short moments: namely, Denial and Anger.

Meanwhile, Clara stood off to the side a little bit, not wanting to get in the way - the Doctor was their family, but Clara was just a visitor. A friend of a friend. She wanted to give them a little space.

After Aliza hit the Anger stage and was glaring daggers at the Doctor, he seemed to have a sudden mood swing himself and went from mournful to chipper at the drop of a dime. He turned to Clara - seemingly his normal Doctory self again, and he started to roll up his sleeves.

"Alright Ms. Oswald - why don't you see what you can do for Aliza? I'm going to take a look around," snapping his suspenders, the Doctor pulled on his Pond-specs.

Clara looked to Aliza for a moment, but then she snapped her head back to look at the Doctor. She was pretty sure she'd heard him say that he was about to do something dangerous.

"Wait- what? Where're you going?" she asked incredulously. They'd crashed into the surface of a sun, and Clara had doubts about this being a good idea.

"Can't be brilliant if I don't know where I'm standing, can I?" tapping Clara on the nose, the Doctor sprinted off in the direction of the rear of the ship.

"But, don't you need a space suit, or something?!" Clara called after the Doctor as he flounced off to investigate the crash site.

She sort of felt like a mum who'd just reprimanded her son for going out to play in the snow without snowpants, or a hat and gloves...

Clara stared off after him and shook her head in disbelief. He [mostly] knew what he was doing, and Clara trusted him completely, so... Whatever. If he didn't want to wear a space suit, that was up to him.

Turning her attention back to the wounded Aliza, Clara approached her with caution and knelt down beside her.

"Is there anyone we can call, like an ambulance? Anyone who can help?" Clara asked, though she wasn't sure if the radio was working or not.

"And, do you know where your first aid kit is?" Every ship ought to have one, Clara assumed.
The Doctor
Posted: Aug 8 2013, 11:52 PM

Group Icon

Lying there - half in shock, half in pain - Aliza tried not to look at Clara, "No... no one... everything's up there - everything...," sobbing as Clara pressed her for information - asking where the first aid kit was - Aliza tried to shove her away - but her left side (Ezlia's side) didn't respond, and the bruises and injuries on her side kept the shove from being as forceful as the raged shove she'd thrown at the Doctor, "Just leave me here - leave me alone..."

The almost disturbing smile he had (almost literally) plastered on his face was still intact as the bespectacled Doctor darted about from ruined section to ruined section of the small mining ship trying to find a porthole that wasn't sealed off. Finally reaching one, the Doctor stood up on tip-toes - hissing in discomfort the minute his face reached the porthole from the intense heat coming off the window, "Hot!" he hissed - rubbing at his face. Pulling his sonic screwdriver out of his pocket again, the Doctor pointed it at the porthole and smiled as it 'tinted' itself and he could look out of it

Though the smile faded when all he could see was the glowing white-hot core and the hull of their ship slowly sinking into it. Putting his hand against the wall, the Doctor licked his lips and scowled, "Getting warmer... hm... well that's no good..." taking his hand away, the Doctors 'smile' almost faded for a second before he smacked himself in the forehead, "No! Don't! Don't go getting emotional... alright... focus... yes... need a plan, an EPIC plan... of brilliance... yes..."

Wincing as Clara cleared away more of the rubble and tried her best to clean and bandage her wounds, Aliza remained completely unresponsive to any attempts to converse or talk with her. Her eyes, unfocused and glassy - even her skin was pale as she just lay there; squeaking when Clara tried to speak to her or get a reaction out of her. For all intents and purposes, the two-headed (now one-headed) alien had withdrawn from herself completely, and she seemed quite determined to remain that way...
Clara Oswald
Posted: Sep 22 2013, 01:50 PM

Group Icon

Clara did her best to nurse her uncooperative patient, and she tended to every wound Aliza would let her reach. And, despite the fact that the injured alien wouldn't speak, Clara kept right on talking to her.

"You just rest, now..." she gently murmured. "We'll get through this, Aliza - don't you give up..." Other encouraging variations followed, and Clara was able to focus on this, rather than freak out about how the heck they weren't all going to fry in a few more minutes, when their little ship would eventually be consumed by the sun they were visiting.

However, she hadn't forgotten their current plight.

Once she felt that the worst of Aliza's injuries had been tended to, she looked back over her shoulder in the direction the Doctor had been wandering earlier, and she called out, "Doctor!? How's things?"

Who knew? Maybe he'd thought up some sort of brilliant plan to get them back up in the sky and out of harm's way... He was sorta famous for pulling off the impossible, after all.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0848 seconds · Archive