Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauder’s era RP
Affiliates:

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Church at Auvers, tag - Eve!
Mara Evans
Posted: May 20 2013, 08:45 PM

I've got NOTHING to lose
Group Icon

Group: Rogue Time Agents
Member No.: 83

The bearded man awoke early in the morning to the sun streaming in through the window, a strong beam landing across his face. If he was completely honest, he would have to say that it had been about two weeks since he had last felt the true effects of that darkness within. He sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of his bed. He ran his hand through his hair before standing and crossing the short distance to his window. He pushed back the shutter on its old hinge, then looked out into the garden where there were still quite a few sunflowers around.

Not even a week ago, a red-headed beauty named Amy Pond had sat there, strongly hinting that she’d like him to paint some of those complicated flowers. He had refused at the time, but after she and the Doctor had left him, he had changed his mind. They had helped him, had shown him true companionship and kindness. It was mind-boggling, that and that box of their’s, bigger on the inside and with capabilities of taking him far into the future – and God knows where else. He had seen how famous he would one day become, and that had taken his breath away. As a thank you – and as a final farewell to the woman that he had greatly admired – he had just painted a vase with a group of sunflowers within yesterday. He had written “for Amy” onto it, just so she was certain that it was from him. Surely she would see it one day… Or so he hoped.

He turned, washed up a bit, and got dressed. He put his hat on and went down to his study, where many of his old paintings were stored. A small hint of smile played on his face. One day, his paintings would be loved.

Vincent van Gogh picked up the painting he had done the most recently before the sunflowers, the one that the Doctor had absolutely insisted upon him painting: that church down the road. He gazed at it, remembering the night when he had killed that lost, lonely creature. Poor soul. Well, maybe one day the painting itself would be in a gallery somewhere. He sat it back down, then turned to gather his supplies. He wanted to put some finishing touches on that sunflower painting today.

“And you promise that amount?” Mara asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

If you can get it as fresh as you say you can,” the old man said from behind his desk of heavy wood.

Mara smirked. “I can get it less than a week after he painted it. Is that ‘fresh’ enough for your little collection?” The art collector tried to hide his greedy expression, but Mara saw it before he could take time to conceal himself. “I’ll take that as a yes then.” She gave a little mock-bow, then turned away, flipping her wrist strap open. She started to input the spatial and temporal coordinates into the vortex manipulator.

The collector scowled a bit, but called after her one last time in confirmation. The Church at Auvers?”

Mara glanced over her shoulder. The Church at Auvers.” Then she disappeared with a flash of white light.
Eve Lloyd
Posted: May 21 2013, 09:10 PM

Agent Daredevil
Group Icon

Group: Time Agents
Member No.: 164

Eve had been assigned to a century that wasn’t her favorite fashion-wise. She sat in her grey dress with a white lace cravat and cuffs at a café sipping her drink. Eve wasn’t use to so many layers but it was better than the ice age when she could hardly move in her thermal jump suit. She had been sent by the agency to this place and time off of a tip someone wanting to steal The Church at Auvers. Not the church itself (though that was a threat in about 700 years from now.) Vincent van Gogh’s painting.

Eve had been in the town for a few days mostly walking the village twirling her parasol and keeping her eye on a certain church and a certain artist. She kept quiet, which wasn’t like Eve at all, and watched everyone who treated Vincent different or who was coming close to him while painting. Eve couldn’t stand thieves, it was one reason she liked the Time Agency.

People that wanted to steal not only great works of art, but also the memories and inspirations of those who see those painting or statues or what not were not on Eve’s good list. She loved her job for those moments that would be. This mission in particular was special as it was “significant to persons of universal importance” or at least that was what the file read. Which was fancy talk for “this can crack an important timeline.” That was her job, save time, and it was that thought that made Eve smile.

((OOC: Sorry it's short but my first one's usually are they will get longer!))
Mara Evans
Posted: May 23 2013, 12:45 AM

I've got NOTHING to lose
Group Icon

Mara was at the edge of town, perhaps half a mile from the impressionist’s home. She glared at her wrist strap as she attempted to determine her coordinates and the direction in which she needed to go. Vortex manipulator travel could be tricky. The old Agency types weren’t always one hundred percent accurate either. Judging by the scans, however, she was at least in the right time period, down to the “less than a week” part that she had promised her employer. Excellent. Now she just had to walk the rest of the way. She could work her way in easily enough and get out of there before anyone could say “starry night.”

The only issue was that she had decided to change along the way – just in case a situation like this had arisen. She had dressed for the period, and the clothes were a little more restricting than she would have liked. Walking down the dirt road would have been easier in her normal clothes. Then again, she also would have gotten stranger looks from the few passersby.

By the time she had arrived, Mara had to lean down and brush away the dirt from her long dress. She straightened up, pushed down her skirts, and walked forward towards the little house. She circled the outside, keeping a trained eye on the windows, trying to find him. At last, she saw the painter standing around the back, deep in concentration as he stared at a vase full of sunflowers. Mara took a deep breath, then stepped forward with an added shake in her step.

“Monsieur,” she called weakly, affecting a French accent, “monsieur, I’ve seemed to have gotten lost, and now I am feeling quite unwell.” Vincent jumped in surprise, blinking as he was brought back to the real world from his reverie. He turned partly, eyeing her in her ‘state.’ Mara stumbled towards him slightly. He set his painting supplies on the bench nearby and rushed toward her side. “It’s the heat, I’m afraid,” she murmured. She looked at him meekly. He appeared concerned. “Then let’s get you inside for a moment,” he offered. Then he hesitated. “That is… if you’re fine being seen with me. I’m not exactly a prince around here.” Mara shook her head in protest. “How can I refuse help from my savior? Please, let us go in.”

He took her arm and led her into his home, taking her to the crowded sitting room. Mara gazed around surreptitiously at the paintings that lined the room, fanning herself. “Can I get you some tea?” he offered, moving a painting – none other than the painting – and gesturing to the seat it had occupied. Mara sat down gratefully, looking up at him. “Thank you so much,” she said, ignoring his offer. She started, as though her attention had been caught by the painting he had just moved. “That… that church. It’s the one just down the road. It’s… that’s so beautiful,” she said in awe. Vincent raised a critical brow as he looked down at his work that he had propped against the wall. “You really think so?” He glanced back at Mara, who had stood up and was now much closer to him than before. “Yes,” she said in a low voice with what she hoped was a charming smile. “Yes, I do think so.”

Vincent flushed slightly and took a step backwards. “I seem to be meeting the most forward women this week,” he murmured, looking away. Mara laughed lightly. “Perhaps beautiful minds attract beautiful women,” she countered softly. He looked back at her, unsure, caught between the flattery and being a gentleman of his time. Besides, it was quite the contradiction with how he was normally treated. Mara cleared her throat and took her own step backward, as though she had become aware of her immodesty. “My apologies, monsieur, for being so forthright.” She looked down at the ground, bowing her head. “Perhaps… the tea?” She glanced back up at him with a hopeful gleam in her eye. He breathed out with slight relief, then nodded. “Yes. Yes, of course.” He turned, beginning to tend to the fire that had died down in the hearth. Mara’s gaze returned to the painting. How easily she could take it and just transport out of there right now…
Eve Lloyd
Posted: May 26 2013, 11:52 AM

Agent Daredevil
Group Icon

Eve continued drinking at the café reading a copy of a French newspaper with the latest gossip about queens and their dressed when she heard some quick footsteps across the stone street. She looked up and saw a woman that didn’t look very familiar to her. Eve didn’t think twice about it until she saw the woman take the road that lead to infamous artists house.

It could have been a coincidence of course, many people lived in that direction but Eve could have sworn she saw a wrist modulator, or at least the edge of one, sticking out from the woman’s cuff. She had to so some quick thinking. She paid for her bill and stared at it willing the bill to give her some sort of idea or reason that she should be at Van Gough’s house.

And it did. The bill! Eve looked at the pub that was two doors away from where she was an dashed over there. Eve had over heard a quarrel about not being paid a few nights ago between the owner of the bar and Vincent. She told the barkeep that she was sent by Vincent van Gough to collect the bill to examine just how much he owed. With a few swear words for her, she finally snatched the bill from his hand the second that he offered it and sped off toward Vincent’s home.

This was it. This was the thief. Eve could feel her heart pound a little harder in her chest but it only helped her in these situations, the thrill of the hunt, as Mark use to put it. It made her crack the tiniest smile thinking to herself.

Eve slowed her pace as she reached the site of the small home she started walking with her eyes upward and decided to open her parasol to help her disguise. She watched the doorway and saw the woman inside with Van Gough. As she came closer she heard her voice. It sounded somewhat familiar though when you were a time traveler that wasn’t too uncommon. The woman was obviously putting on a damsel in distress act. Eve had played that card herself and it seemed to work most of the time. Eve just prayed that she wasn’t too late.

She knocked on the door politely “Monsieur Van Vough?” Eve took a look into the window and finally caught a glimpse of the woman’s face. Her stomach dropped. Mara Evans sat staring at “The Church at Auvers” like a hungry animal. Fitting, since the last time Eve ran into Mara she had put Mara in the ‘female dog category.’

Not only would stopping Mara be a duty but now it would be a pleasure.
Mara Evans
Posted: Jun 2 2013, 12:04 AM

I've got NOTHING to lose
Group Icon

Mara’s head turned sharply to the side as she heard the knock on the door. She hadn’t really expected for the painter to get any visitors while she was there. He wasn’t exactly the sort that the townspeople called on frequently. Vincent turned as well, catching her eye for a moment. He was obviously as surprised as she was, if not more so. “It seems today is going to be even more unusual than I anticipated,” he said, straightening. He started towards the door, hearing his name called from the other side. “If you’ll excuse me.” “Of course,” Mara said, nodding with a smile. As soon as he had passed, she scowled. She didn’t have the patience for anything to interfere with her plans.

Vincent turned the handle of the door and opened it wide. Before him was another woman, this one in a gray dress with a lace cravat. Neither of his visitors really seemed to be from around here; their manner of dress wasn’t unusual, just a little higher class than his side of town normally saw. Well, who knew. Perhaps they both had business nearby, or maybe they had been passing through to the other end of Auvers-sur-Oise. “Good day, miss. I am the Van Gogh you perhaps seek. What brings you here?” he asked, looking curiously at her. It was quite unusual to have two visitors show up in one day – and for one of them to be specifically asking for him.

Mara had been staring at the painting, considering her options. Now was as good a time as any. She didn’t want to be seen using the vortex manipulator right here, however. Perhaps she should nick it and run into the other room. She could be out of there in less than a minute. She glanced up, looking towards the window. Outside there was a woman with brown hair, about average height and weight. Mara almost dismissed her, but did a double-take. It wasn’t just any random townsperson. Standing in the doorway before Vincent van Gogh was Eve Lloyd, one of the Time Agents from the Agency. Damn it all.

Mara stood quickly. If the Agency had sent someone after her, that meant there were serious enough repercussions from what she was about to do – which gave her less room for error. It didn’t help that she had managed to personally wound the person they had sent. Eve would make sure she did what it took to stop Mara. She needed to grab the painting and get out of there now.

“Monsieur Van Gogh,” she began, taking a step towards the painting a few feet away from her, “I appreciate your hospitality, and it really has been a pleasure.” She gestured down at the canvas. “But I’m afraid I must go.” Vincent furrowed his brow at Mara, then looked back and forth between her and Eve. “What exactly is going on here?” he demanded. Mara smirked, then began to reach down for the church painting. “Just a bit of… art appreciation.”
Eve Lloyd
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 11:41 PM

Agent Daredevil
Group Icon

Eve put on a smile as Van Gogh answered the door. He seemed shorter than she had imagined though precisely what she had imagined she could not say. She smiled easily and held up the bill. “Bonjour Monsieur I came from the tavern. I noticed the other night that you were not able to pay your bill so I took the liberty of paying for…”

Eve looked up and saw the movement of Mara behind Vincent. Her eyes automatically tracked every inch she moved. Mara met Eve’s eyes and Eve glared. There was no way that she was letting Mara touch that painting.

The two women had their history. Back in the day when Mara pretended to have a soul, she Eve and Mark had been sent out on a mission. The entire time Mara was flirting with Mark, which disgusted Eve greatly, then she used that flirtatiousness to steal an artifact during the mission. Mark had felt terrible for months and Eve only thought of revenge. Not only did Mara ground Eve and her partner for 6 weeks, she gave Eve her first “official” black mark on her record, but worst of all was how she used Mark. That was unforgiveable.

Eve saw Mara step closer to the painting. No no no she was not going to get away that easily. Eve reached behind her and pulled out her sonic blaster pointing it at Mara, and shooting between Mara’s covetous grasp. ”Try it again and I won’t purposely miss your hand this time.” Eve said with a cold stare.

Rule breakage count: one. “Especially when in past locations, Agents are not permitted to fire a weapon out of the allotted timeline under the gaze of a resident.” Eve never did care much for the rules but she knew that she would either have to explain the blaster to Vincent Van Gogh, or give him a Retcon.

”I’m terribly sorry for the interruption Monsieur, but this woman is trying to take your painting.” Eve’s eyes were only on Mara now. ”Isn’t that right Mara?” she spat her name out like an insult.
Mara Evans
Posted: Jun 14 2013, 01:27 AM

I've got NOTHING to lose
Group Icon

Vincent watched the two, completely confused. There seemed to be something going on that didn’t even concern him. So why was it happening here, and how had he gotten in the middle of it? The two woman were stranger by the minute, and the one he had met earlier was acting like she was going to grab his painting and leave. Were they arguing over the church painting? Why on Earth were they doing that?

He jumped in surprise as the woman at the door brought some shining object forward and it produced a flash of light and sharp noise. It was like a pistol, but so very unlike one – or at least anything he had ever seen. His eyes were wide. “What is that thing?” he managed to ask.

“It’s a gun,” Mara said, raising her eyebrows at Eve. “New model from America.” A few thousand years from now, that is. She had paused with her hand half-way to the painting. Now, she withdrew it slowly, sure that Eve wasn’t lying about missing the second time. She held up her hands slightly in (temporary) surrender, showing that she wasn’t going to do anything. “Fine,” she replied in a clipped tone. “If you insist. But I must say, you do hold a grudge.” She grinned mockingly. “How many years has it been since I left you and… oh, what was his name? Michael? Marvin? behind while I took off with that artifact? You’re not still upset about that, are you?”

Vincent stood there, an incredulous look on his face. “Listen, if you’re going to fight over the painting, don’t. Just take the thing. It’s not worth much anyway.” He reached down and grabbed The Church at Auvers, shrugging his shoulders. So it might not hang in that museum from the Doctor’s and Amy’s time. Maybe he’d paint another or just not worry about it. He didn’t think it was a big deal.

“I would love to, Monsieur,” Mara practically purred. “But Madame Lloyd here will put a hole through my hand. Or head. I’m not so sure she’s unwilling to break more of the rules her Agency places on its employees.” She smirked at Eve. “But I’m sure we can come to some sort of agreement, hm?” In a flash, she managed to slip behind Vincent, her arm around his neck, keeping him between her and Eve. “No one to retcon if he’s not alive. I’m sure my request is reasonable. The painting for the painter. What do you say, Eve Lloyd?”
Eve Lloyd
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 11:03 PM

Agent Daredevil
Group Icon

Eve only tightened her grip on the gun and kept her eye steady on Mara. The woman stepped away from the painting and Eve tried to conceal a sigh. She would not let this painting go. She would not let Mara go. She would see that bitch thrown in the deepest root of hell and watch her burn. Rogues deserved it for screwing with timelines. Eve heard Vincent say that Mara could have the painting and nearly choked. “NO!” Eve said firmly. She was warned that the painter thought very little of himself and his work and that would be just the kind of in that Mara would need in order to take the painting, but to Eve’s surprise it was Mara that did the convincing.

Eve glared but had a bit of a smile within that glare. She was going to win. She was going to beat Mara and she was going to let her see what it was like to be grounded, unable to time jump. For a Time Agent getting land locked can be one of the most tedious and hard things to ever go through. The thrill of jumping from the civil war to the streets of Baijana was incomparable. And now Eve had the chance to land and time lock Mara.

“His name is Mark, and as you can see we both lived from that death trap you set up for us. I knew I couldn’t trust you from minute one you know that? You may have fooled him but you never fooled me. I guess you aren’t that good of an actress to begin with.” It was an easy target and a low jab but Eve was not above rubbing it in that Mara had failed. It was what she deserved.

It was when Mara had Vincent by the neck that Eve’s pride deflated. How could she be so stupid? Eve gripped the gun again this time trying to keep her eye on Mara but no matter what he options were Vincent was always in the way. “Let him go.” Eve said in a steel cold commanding voice. There was loosing an artifact to break a time line and loosing an artist to break millions. That is what Mara was threatening, a major crack in time, not a man life. Mara didn’t care about people like that.

Mara was offering a deal, a deal where the only person who would win is Mara. “You won’t kill him… you won’t even take him because you and I both know that someone as important and wonderful as Vincent Van Gough, somewhere down the line inspired one of your ancestors to mate. If you kill him you could cease to exist, and your buyer won’t even know what you are talking about if you survive to get back to him. Lets be honest Mara we both know that you care more about your payment then your own skin” Eve stepped closer to the pair of them… if she could get the right angle she could shoot Mara and all of this would be over.
Mara Evans
Posted: Jul 8 2013, 04:22 AM

I've got NOTHING to lose
Group Icon

Mara affected a look of worry. “Oh my,” she said, her voice reflecting her features. “Do you really think that something like that might happen to me?” She looked like she was conflicted for a moment – then broke out into a smirk. “And did you really think a weak little argument like that would stop me?” She gave a short, harsh laugh. “I think as much of your debating skills as you do of my acting. Though… apparently it was good enough for Mark.”

Vincent shifted uncomfortably in her grasp. “Stay still,” she snapped. The impressionist complied wearily, flashing Eve a look of silent exasperation. “You’re right, though, dear Eve,” Mara continued conversationally. “I wouldn’t kill van Gogh. Don’t worry, Monsieur, you will not die today.” She directed the last part towards the painter – who didn’t exactly look like he believed her – before looking back at Eve. “That does not, however, guarantee your safety. A blast from my gun will still be painful. And I think Madame Lloyd is a daredevil only when the pain or life is her own.”

Mara’s expression turned from amusement to annoyance. “Right then,” she said. “Enough chatting. I’ve enjoyed catching up, as it were, but I’ve got a client to see about a painting.” She glanced between Vincent and Eve, trying to make a quick decision on how she could make a getaway. The space in the room was rather small; there wouldn’t be a way to run from the place without a high possibility of getting shot. She was disdainful of Eve, but she wasn’t stupid; the woman would take a chance if it presented itself to shoot Mara.

Mara shifted quickly, moving her arm down so that Vincent could access her wrist strap. “Alright, love. See that band around my wrist? I have something I need you to do.” She looked pointedly at Eve, not moving her eyes from the Time Agent as she instructed Vincent. She proceeded to walk him through setting her vortex manipulator to a new spatial and temporal location. Hopefully she could make another jump as soon as she arrived to escape Eve. When he was finished, she kept him in his exact position before her, trying to ensure her own safety. “And last but not least, the painting.”

Vincent looked at Eve. If only there was a way of communicating with her… Mara’s hand remained tight around her shoulder, and if Vincent was right – though he couldn’t see very well and didn’t want to make sudden movements – that strap thing she had on her wrist would be in line of a shot from that gun. He didn’t know what it did, but apparently it was important to her getaway. Maybe Eve could target it and at least stop this Mara from escaping. Not that he really understood what half of this was about. It seemed ridiculous and unbelievable; but he had the feeling that this Mara was wrong and Eve was in the right. She wasn’t the one holding him hostage, after all.

So with whatever sort of meaningful look he could convey to Eve, he stared hard at her, then looked purposefully towards the grasp on his shoulder. Meanwhile, he was slowly reached out, handing Mara the painting. Mara grabbed the edge of it firmly, smiling. “Excellent,” she said, victory evident in her voice. “Just what I came for. Now, Monsieur, Madame, if you’ll excuse me…”
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0595 seconds · Archive