Site best viewed in Firefox!

QUICK LOG-IN

Welcome to Time, Space, and Chips. This is a community project site where the members helped build the site for the Ultimate Doctor Who/Torchwood board.

Year: 2013

The remaining Time Lords, Gallifreyans, and Outsiders are left to rebuild their world, the Eleventh Doctor is trying to figure out just who is Clara Oswald, Torchwood spans the globe, and the Time Agency has returned. Where's your place in this busy universe?

Spotlight on Threads!

Here Comes the Sun
with the Doctor & Clara
Senseless
with Gabriel & Carys
It's All Coming Back to Me
with Donna, Rose, & Jenny
The Church at Auvers
with Eve & Mara

Sister Site:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauderís era RP
Affiliates:

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Time Agency
The Master
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 01:23 AM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord Admin
Member No.: 1

Alright, so we want to tie the Time Agency in with this TW3/TW21 subplot! They'll probably only be mentioned in it, but still.

As far as that goes... the Time Agency was obviously disbanded in the 51st century. The "seven" that were left still had the wristbands. We can either say that that includes Hart and Harkness, or we can say there were seven others besides them. Anyway, point is, we need to watch the numbers of who say they're original Agents tongue.gif

Anyway, so everyone split up. And then I mentioned in Mara's profile that the Time Agency moved themselves to the 21st century, because that was when Jack Harkness had said was when everything changes. They're reforming the Agency (meaning they can also have new members), and changing things up a bit.

First off, we need to decide what the Agency used to do. I mean... no one quite knows tongue.gif I would like it to be something at least somewhat honorable. Perhaps they once did things sort of like the Doctor, finding things that are going wrong in history and correcting them. I don't know. Ideas?? happy.gif

Secondly, we need to decide what the Agency is going to do. This time, I would like it to be certainly less than honorable. These are rogues bringing the Agency back together. Perhaps they think they're superior since they have time travel and training and want the Agency to rule an Empire? Maybe they want to start that Empire on Earth and begin its Empire early. Who knows, ideas on that too??

Just want to mention, the Anatox, the aliens in the subplot, are a race known for being scientists. The Time Agents hired them for some reason unknown to get that energy the Anatox are gathering for them (Helium 3), which is something to do with nuclear research. Just throwing that out there for you plotting ideas as well. happy.gif

EDIT: And... perhaps if they are less than honorable, the Doctor can straighten them out later so they can go back to what they were. smile.gif But we can have our fun first XD
Mercutio Sunshine
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 11:31 AM

Unregistered

I said I wasn't going to create any new characters, but now y'all have me thinking about making a Time Agent >.>

Anywho. When I think about the Time Agency, I think they primarily started off as sort of "Ooh! We can travel in time now! Let's see what we can do with this..." So, their beginnings were sort of research and testing and such, field missions primarily being just experiments. But, maybe that developed into, as you said, what the Doctor does, correcting history. However, they are not like the Doctor, and can't determine what is fixed and what event is in flux, so maybe they ran into some problems where they sorta changed established events. And they also seemed to have a lot of problems with malfunctioning wristbands (hence the reason for so many stranded and rogue Time Agents), which, I'm assuming, would've caused some legal issues. xD So, with these issues, they decided to disband.

That's just my two cents, at any rate.
^
Joseph Keys
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 12:00 PM

Unregistered

My one stipulation is that the "less-than-honorable" deeds of the New Time Agency should have some sort of morally justifiable reason for being done. My character is a fairly principled man, and while he may end up going rouge before the NTA reforms, I'd like him to be able to find a reason to participate at least a little while. wink.gif
^
Mercutio Sunshine
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 12:18 PM

Unregistered

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
=)
Lmao. Uhm. I agree. I think that, while the New Time Agency's actual deeds don't have to be very honorable, their intentions and reasons are. So, maybe they are led astray, and kind of have to be directed back on path.
^
The Master
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 12:37 PM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

Yeah. So Fleta has some ideas, I hope she posts them later. It seems like we're all having the same ideas about their past though. Originally, they were to correct obvious flaws in time. Fleta mentioned this could be in different ways, such as some being technicians, others field agents, others assassins... etc. Just obvious things that throw history off-course, they're there to fix it.

So I would really like them to go rogue for just a little while - mostly like Vivo said, perhaps they think the intentions are pretty good, they're doing mankind a favor or something. (We just need to decide what exactly they're doing for that now. happy.gif ) And then we can make them straighten back out. smile.gif Fleta has a character called the Commander that is basically the head of the Agency; I have a feeling she might bring him on here. Either the Commander and/or the Doctor or something could help straighten them back out to return themselves to the Agency of old.

EDIT: Oh, and I've been working on a TA logo tongue.gif The main symbol for them I'm working on (and I will eventually make their own specific user group with it when I find the old template thing) is an hour glass that has wings on it.

And this is the working actual logo:

user posted image
Joseph Keys
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 09:01 PM

Unregistered

The road to hell indeed. wink.gif

How's this for an idea: the Time Agency and the Anatox are working together, using nuclear research and helium 3, to develop interstellar travel for human beings a couple of centuries too early. That way, it can be perceived as humanitarian, the Doctor can definitely be trying to stop it, and the Anatox can be motivated by potentially get a trading partner out of the human race once they're in space.

Naturally someone from within has to either be evil and know it's a bad idea or simply believe in the cause enough in order for some serious bad stuff to come of it. Otherwise everyone will simply drop the case once the Doctor comes up. tongue.gif

"Humans don't invent interstellar travel for another 400 years!"
"Oh, my bad. Here, let me shut down the nuclear reactors." biggrin.gif
^
The Master
Posted: Jun 6 2009, 11:35 PM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

Alright. So Joseph and I have been plotting... well, me running off blabbing and him listening on MSN tongue.gif And this is probably the almost-official idea. *takes deep breath*

The history is remaining the same, mostly. The Time Agents were a group that used their wrist straps to visit different places in history where they perceived things going off what they were "supposed" to be. They fixed time, doing things from making sure that someone wins a certain election to even assassinations if necessary.

According to Fleta's idea, she suggested that John Hart be the one that started some rebellion amongst the Time Agents. Because of this, things started to crumble, and the Time Agency shut down.

Many of rogues went into hiding, thus making it seem like there were only seven of the original Time Agency remaining. However, they were only preparing for the future, and Hart was hiding them.

The Time Agency comes back, setting themselves in the 21st century (where Harkness says 'everything changes'), set a few systems over from Earth to avoid detection, and has a particular interest in Earth. It does have a Rift running through the middle of Cardiff, after all. Not only that, but they have a certain energy called Helium 3 on the moon of the planet that can be used to pair with the Rift energy to do things they never thought possible...

The rogue Time Agents have decided that they are much more important than people thought them. After all, because of their technology, they were able to correct things in time - that makes them powerful, right? A certain energy, paired with energy of this Rift in Cardiff, would give them all the power in the universe, making them able to better do their jobs - enhancing their technology beyond what they thought possible and perhaps able to advance them more than they thought as well. If they have such power, they would be practically even to Time Lords, right? Never again would the human race be look down upon again...

However, there is something in their plan that they overlooked. A scientific part of the equation that they seemed to miss reveals that their little idea actually has quite the flaw in it - so that when the nuclear energy of Helium 3 would combine with the Rift energy - well... let's say Earth might be seeing its apocalypse a bit early. Not to mention that the changes it would cause in the over-zealous Time Agents would be similar to what Donna Noble experienced during the meta-crisis...

As far as characters, people like Joseph would be told enough that it seems humanitarian - this energy would improve their technology and senses to better help the human race as Time Agents. It sounds good, right? But for people like the Doctor, or Torchwood, or whomever else becomes involved in this, well, who would want to let anyone obtain that much power, at the risk of an entire planet??

And as far as carrying it out... well, Joseph works in UNIT. He could help divert them. And Mara works with Torchwood, going with the same... not to mention, she could get into Torchwood Three's Hub in Cardiff to access the Rift's energy. Probably cause a lockdown or something like every other time something bad seems to go wrong tongue.gif

So... this seems like it could be fun to me. biggrin.gif I don't know about you guys! We could make this an elaborate subplot... or we could even involve it into what would hopefully be something of a short board-wide plot.

And afterwards... the Time Agency could be restored to what it was, properly set up and running again to just correct things. We could get a head of the TA in... we could totally redeem John Hart during this... (oh, and it would be LOVE to have a John Hart, by the way! or we could have another character to do these same rebel and rogue leader sort of things if someone wanted to but didn't want to be John)... but we don't have to redeem him if he doesn't want to. The point is, the TA will go back to how it's supposed to. And if we never have someone step in... well I guess I could make Mara be the secret leader if no one else shows up wanting the position. She'll be among the redeemed as well. But we'll need a new leader for the regular agency, because her leading the rogue version would only be temporary.

Anyway... So any thoughts? Ideas?? Etc...
Gabriel Saint Laorden
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 06:41 AM

*/Your Most CHARMING NIGHTMARE;
Group Icon

Group: Rogue Time Agents
Member No.: 226

Whoa. I was heading towards the Face Eater plot when I casually stumbled across this thread.

Can I just say that I love it! C: Count Gabriel in, of course, since he's a Time Agent, & I'm actually really looking forward to starting off with this charrie (n_n)

As for Gabriel and the Time Agent Leader issue... I don't know. On one hand, there's the fact that Laorden has an astounding IQ, and the ability blend in & make himself adorable according to everyone's own tastes. On the other one, though (and here's the big minus of it all) he's recruited, so let's just say that he hasn't got the experience. Of course we could always play with the fact that we don't know when he has been recruited...

In essence: if no one else is interested, I Gabriel wouldn't mind, but It's very likely that there are some other Time Agents in TS&C who are more apt for the task (why is this thread so abandoned? (O_o')-)
The Master
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 01:16 PM

Can you hear them?
Group Icon

The reason this thread is so abandoned is because it's the very first attempt at organizing the Time Agency we did. happy.gif The "Rethinking our Time Agents" thread is the updated version, so this one technically isn't really happening. We actually never got through the TW 3/21 plot, because of a lot of changing out of players for Torchwood 3 members during its run. It's sort of been abandoned... but who knows. This might eventually come back into play, but I suppose we're more loose at the moment. happy.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Active User Color Legend
Time Lord Head Admin | Time Lord Secondary Admin | Time Lords | Time Travellers | Time Travellers Mod
Time Agents | Rogue Time Agents | Torchwood | UNIT | The Forge | Civilians | Aliens | Auditioning

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1429 seconds | Archive