| Welcome to Time, Space, & Chips! We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are unable to post in most areas of the board, and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
The Rules, how we work, board rules, helpful links
Can you hear them?
Group: Time Lord Admin
Member No.: 1
Joined: 24-July 08
THE RULESHow We Work
I would like to start off by putting out there the first and foremost things we value as a board:
Rules of the BoardGeneral Rules
- This site started as a community project, in which several roleplayers worked out a plot and the ideas we had for this board.
- Because of this, we wish to continue this site with a sense of community and friendship. Too many boards out there are full of cliques and elitism. I find this to be very discouraging. What's wrong with having fun?
- While we do have guidelines and limits, they are very real minimums and are set only for the purpose of enhancing the game. I would like us to push you to do better, so you can improve your writing and roleplay experience.
- Respect & Decency - Please respect all members. If you have a problem, PM one of the staff members. Also, no offensive material on the site.
- Plagiarism - Plagiarism of any sort will not be tolerated. This includes from another person or directly off another site, such as Wikipedia. If you have a canon character, you must write your own history; no copying from the Doctor Who Wiki.
- Absences - If you are going to be out for a while, drop us a line in the Absences section. It's just nice to let us know, especially for those that are roleplaying with you. This is especially true if you are going to be out for a long period of time and you don't want us to give up your canon!
- Advertising - Please only link other boards (specifically roleplaying) only in the advertising areas. Roleplay resource boards (RPG-D, Caution, Shine, and the like) can be linked elsewhere.
- InvisionFree - Any other rules to follow will fall under the InvisionFree rules or policies.
- Name - Simply the first and last name of your character, in regular capitalization. Titles are acceptable for Time Lords/Ladies.
- Avatars - There is a 150x250 pixel avatar size limit.
- Signatures - Please do not stretch the board with the width of your signature. Also, extremely tall ones are a pain to scroll through.
- Canon-Spawn - The non-canon relatives of a canon character are no longer going to be allowed on this board. These characters will be refused automatically .
- Face claims - We ask that you use real people (or some creature/alien from media) and nothing along the lines of anime, cartoons, or drawn art.
- Aliens & Powers - While we accept aliens with powers/abilities, we ask that no characters have high-leveled abilities. Time Lords are about as high as we get here. If you have questions, ask the staff. If in doubt, don't do it!
- Time Lords/Ladies - We ask that you be up to the challenge of playing these types correctly. Please be creative with these characters! Also, no non-canon human/Time Lord hybrids will be allowed.
- Time Lords/Lady Age - We do not allow 'Time Tots' here. To make it more clear: The process to turn a Gallifeyan into a Time Lord does not happen at the age of eight. The Untempered Schism is only an initiation process. The youngest Time Lord on record was Romana, who was roughly 100 to 120. We do not allow anyone younger than 125 to have graduated from the Academy.
- Posting - There is no word count, as we are trying to encourage ease of playing with less stress. Give enough to move the thread forward, but don't feel it necessary to match word count. Please look over your replies before posting for spelling, grammar, and general readability.
- God-Modding - No god-modding, power-playing, etc.
- Maturity - We ask that you keep the board PG-13. If it contains "offensive" material, include a warning, such as [M]. No overdoing it.
- Plotting - Please do not spam members with demands to roleplay. If you want someone to write with, then go post in the plotting section.
- Time Frame - This is (mainly) set in the year 2013. This all takes place during Doctor Who Series 7b, and about a year and a half after the end of Miracle Day for Torchwood (with a lot of altercations for the site).
Links of interest to help out you newcomers:
- The Staff - People that can help you and what they can do.
- The Current Plot - The summarized and current plot of the board.
- The Unabridged Story - The full story of the board, including past plots.
- Canon List - Check to see if your canon is available. Also includes information about acceptable/unplayable characters and characteristics.
- Face Claim - Check here to see if your celebrity is taken or to claim one for your play-by.
- Finding Your Place - Here is a detailed description of each user group so you can have more background information before deciding your character.
- Application Template - The template to create your character's profile.
- The Galactic S.O.S. - The place where you can ask questions, make comments or critiques, and get information you can't find elsewhere.
- Roleplay Rambles - Roleplay discussion, where you can plan threads with others or discuss subplot ideas.
- Citizen Logs - Here is where you can keep up with things for you characters, like thread-trackers, blogs, plot pages, and more.
- Through Time and Space - The main roleplaying boards with many locations.
- The Paradox Machine - Includes more of an out-of-events roleplay, in addition to parallel universes.
- The Archives - If you want to read old threads, check here.
- The Plot Factory - If you have a plot or need assistance with one then our resident (and slightly eccentric) plot-mod Centauri/The Doctor will assist you
- Inside the Blue Box - The chat area, where our community can make friends.
Last, I would like you all to go out there and have fun! All these rules are rather common sense, and I don't want to feel like I'm holding you guys back. Have lots of fun, meet new people, join our community, cause a bunch of drama, and save the world!!
- Saphira (the Master) and the rest of the TSC Staff
Can you hear them?
Group: Time Lord Admin
Member No.: 1
Joined: 24-July 08
| 7 May, 2013Rule Change
Posting - "There is no word count, as we are trying to encourage ease of playing with less stress. Give enough to move the thread forward, but don't feel it necessary to match word count."Rule Update
Time Frame - This is (mainly) set in the year 2013. This all takes place during Doctor Who Series 7b, and about a year and a half after the end of Miracle Day for Torchwood (with a lot of altercations for the site).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.