1. Vampires do not have to kill to feed. They can, if they so desire, but that will be looked at as murder
2. If a vampire wishes to convert, he/she must drain the victim to near death, and then feed the victim his/her blood. The new vampire will be weaker than its maker.
3. New vampires can produce sperm, but it is still highly unlikely that anything will come from it. Vampire over 50 cannot produce any at all. Female vampires cannot give birth, no matter the age
4. Food cannot be consumed. However, drink can.
5. Vampires do not have retractable fangs. The trick to keeping them hidden can be learned, however... it takes some years to learn this however.
6. Vampires can go without feeding, but will start going mad after some time without doing so. A week at most for new vamps, a month or two for old vampires, and a year for ancient (which we shouldn't have any though...).
7. There is no shapeshifting. There is no turning into wolves or bats, etc. If you want to shapeshift, be a werecreature.
8. There is no vampire/lycan war. If your character does not like lycans, that is fine, but it is a personal choice. Codeword: A Drop of Blood
9. Vampires do have supernatural strength.
10. They heal very quickly except with the following:
- Crosses/holy objects works against them though the holder must have REAL faith in that religion. When pressed against the flesh, these items will leave burns.
- Holy water is always effective. This will leave a scar that looks like an acid burn.
- They heal human slow with silver.
- Sunlight hurts them unless immune because of age/power (place in special abilities).
11. Vampires are both accepted and not accepted by human society. Many accept them for their beauty and charisma while many do not for the fact that they are dead/different.
12. Vampires smell of old death (a strong musky scent) to those with strong scents