InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Xmen Revolution. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you are looking for the best X-Men rpg around, you found it. We're a non-movieverse based on but not stringently following 616 canon.

Currently, we're accepting canons and OCs, and because the game does have some adult themes like violence, we have to limit our players to at least sixeen years old.

Ready to get started? Register under your character's name, and head on over to applications, or pop into the cbox and we'll help you with whatever questions you have.

Welcome to X-Men Revolution, hope you survive!

If you're already a member, quit wasting time and post already! *stern look*

Name:   Password:

· WELCOME ·
T O · E A R T H · 7 4 0

The world has been scorched by Phoenix Fire, and the future that had been threatened has been saved.

But most importantly, we've survived... though not all of us intact. Some have been made less, others have been given more than they can handle, loved ones have been lost, new relationships have been forged... All of us struggling to find our place again in the world post Doom's Illuminati.

The rebuilt School for Gifted Youngsters welcomes back its founder. Charles Xavier, lost for eight years, has returned, unable to relate what had happened to him, but eager to continue his campaign for mutant/human co-existence, especially now. Scott Summers, too, has been returned from his simulated death and corruption by the Dark Beast's manipulations, but his experiences have scarred him, his normal stoicism broken and fragile. As the school begins again in the relative calm after the events of last year, Scott and Jean, now the solo possessor of the Phoenix Force, withdraw from authority, hoping a hiatus will allow them time to recoup.

Students continue to pour into the school, and the Legacy Squad, under Rachel Summers's guidance begins a friendly competition, dividing into two teams in the spirit of challenge and improvement. New students of a different sort have begun to attend the school, Namor, given diplomatic immunities after his true purpose in the Villains' Illuminati was revealed, has brought Atlantean mutants to our doors, giving our already motley crew an entirely new dimension.

In Mutant Town, X-Factor Investigations and Horizon Labs have come together to study the Tabula Rasa that Spiral had created with her Phoenix powers. Beneath the city, X-Factor has taken in the refugees displaced by the creation of the evolutionary anomaly, all the while continuing their quest to help those who need redemption find it, and remaining a family. Alex and Lorna's son Nate is a year old now, and Alex is considering sending the Moloid children off to the school.

Shield, under Director Fury's watchful, and singular, eye, continues to labor to keep the city intact, forming a new group of super powered agents, many of whom who have been on both sides of the law, dubbing them the Defenders, even as Gambit gathers the criminal element and takes charge of a new branch of the Thieves' Guild. The Hellfire Club, scattered after their defection from the service of the Illuminati, has broken into three distinct courts, Psylocke's White, Sage's Black and the Shroud's Red. The Queens rebuild their building, their rule, and their reputation, while Max Coleridge feverishly leads his small group of devotees on a quest for lost power items.

Beneath the sea, Exodus recovers in Sanctuary, and new Acolytes take the reins of the Brotherhood. Bruised from the attacks of the Phoenix-ified Vulcan, the Brotherhood will soon learn that the man who had worn Magneto's helmet had been a fraud. But where is Magneto, the real Magneto?

Life is not perfect. Most of us don't know if we'll see tomorrow... Many of us would rather they didn't, but we will survive. From school outings, to Singularity Investigations, to a series of mysterious attacks by a group of strangely familiar young X-Men from the future, life hasn't settled down since Doom was shunted off to another dimension bringing his Phoenix powered Illuminati to a crashing destruction. Only now, our present struggles to be the future without destroying the past have taken a less world shaking turn, sending the inhabitants of the 740 universe into a scatter of activity and adventure.

Make no mistake, the [REVOLUTION] is still coming.

What will it bring us when it does?

· OUR BACON NUMBER ·
· IS · TWO ·

P L O T
CURRENT PLOT SPOTLIGHT:

“I am fire! And life incarnate! Now and forever -- I am Phoenix!”
Rise of the Phoenix

Weekly Story Update
Plots and Thread Seeking

AWARDS!
MUTANTS OF THE MOMENT:

C H A R A C T E R

TONY STARK
Bio!about!

P L A Y E R

Gordon!
Bio!About!

· Q u o t e · o f · t h e · W e e k ·

"Holy crap on a cracker that's a dragon!"

Avery's exclamation upon seeing what appears to be a dragon.
Back in Action

S T A F F
OUR FEARLESS LEADERS!

D a v i d
H a r p e r
H e a t h e r
J e s s e
L a u r e n
S t e v e

STAFF DUTIES LIST

C B O X
WELCOME TO THE GUTTER!
DON'T BE A JERKFACE.
New Member Guide

CLICK & VOTE FOR US!
identity: 
password: 

ADVERTS

AFFILIATES

Crusader Citadel A Matter of Perspective: An AU Marvel/Gargoyles Crossover RP set in present day Boston, Massachusetts. Last Stand Academy X Eternal Night X-MEN: GOTA

RPG-Directory
Affiliate Advertise

CREDIT

Skin © Jesse

Universe © Marvel

Site Plots, Original Characters, ideas, and artworks © respective creators

Side-bar © Roswenth
NOW ACCEPTING:

C A N O N S & O R I G I N A L S ! !
[WITH EXCEPTIONS. SEE LIMITATIONS HERE!]

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) --ADD REPLY-- --NEW TOPIC-- -NEW POLL--

<<< A few drinks and a little Spanish, Sunspot, ask for invite
Shard
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 07:55 AM

Absorption and Redistribution of Light Energy

Group: New Recruit
Member No.: 1,390

Shard's Transitional Apartment - Doors Open
August 27, 2011
10:00 pm

Shard had been home a while now and how nothing going on. It was a long day in the office. She could have sworn that she had taken at least 200 hundred calls today alone and took messages for 50 of them. As soon as she got home, the first the she did was get into a silk pair of navy blue pajama pants and a black sleeveless and fitted tank top. The second thing she did was take a well deserved nap. When she woke up, it was nearly 9 pm. She got up and made herself 2 grilled cheese sandwich in the kitchen and brought it back up to her room so she could eat it and watch tv.

She didn't bother closing the door because half of the people in this school had the power to know and see what was behind it anyways. It wasn't like she was trying to sleep anyways. If someone happened to walk by it would be fine. She would probably offer them a drink if they were of age. If they weren't and they were cute enough, she would make a small exception.

Shard knew it was not wise to keep her alcohol in the main refrigerator for two reasons. One, Logan. Two, under age kids stealing her alcohol she paid good money. Both of which are options that she didn't look forward to dealing with. A few weeks ago, Shard bought a mini-fridge to put her special stuff in. Well, that mini-fridge lead to a second mini-fridge which lead to her pretty much not having to leave her room for a snack.

What can I say? Shard loves to eat. It's what makes her strong, beautiful, and not bony. As she ate one of her grilled cheeses, she flicked through the stations and quickly was becoming frustrated and restless with the limited options that she had. Eventually, she just decided that the cooking channel was just the best busy channel that she could find.

It was either that or Jersey Shore. It definitely wasn't going to be that. The cooking channel was making fried ice cream, which sparked Shard to say,

"¡Maldita sea! Que se ve tan bien. Me gustaría tener algunos de que el helado ahora mismo. ¿Quién necesita los hombres cuando tienen helados de esa manera?"

((Translation: Damn! That looks so good. I wish I had some of that ice cream right now. Who needs men when they have ice cream?))

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 02:50 PM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Group: Guests
Member No.: 1,237

Robert had decided that for once he wasn't going to go out. He didn't really have any reason NOT to go out, other than to prove to himself, and everyone else who seemed to think he was incapable of not going out on the town every day. It was about ten o'clock, and the task seemed very much easier said than done. As it didn't take long for the solar powered mutant to get extremely bored he tried to play some video games, but as usual after some students completely obliterated him he decided he didn't want to play anymore.

After that he decided to see what was in the fridge, he didn't see anything he really wanted and on top of that he wasn't really all that hungry in the first place. He was just bored he decided to simply walk through the mansion coming across the apartment section he hummed to himself when all of a sudden, the smell of melted cheese hit his nostrils followed by someone talking in Spanish about how apparently Ice Cream was better than men.

Spanish, was not the solar powered mutants first language, but he'd learned to speak it well enough in his time as a private school boy in his native Brazil. It wasn't the language however that attracted him though, it wasn't even the smell of melted cheese that did it. It was the voice...he could tell by the accent that he Spanish speaker...whoever she was not a native, despite her very impressive pronunciation. Her accent, pretty sounding as it was...gave her away.

Robert soon made his way to her room, and was a bit taken a back when he found out that it was none other than Lucas' sister. Robert smirked to himself...he had long asked Bishop's permission to ask Shard out...and was very, clearly told that it was completely out of the question. Robert looked to his left, he then looked to his right. Bishop was nowhere in sight. And plus a little flirting never hurt anyone right?

"¿El Helado sobre hombres? Sin duda, una mujer tan guapa como usted no puede ser grave." Robert said as he walked up and leaned on Shard's door. As he did so he looked her up and down...and smirked that devlish smirk of his. "¿Querría la compañía?" Robert asked still leaning against the door deciding against coming in until he was invited.

((Translation: Ice Cream over men, surely a woman as pretty as you can't be serious, Would you like company?))

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 05:40 AM

In comparison to a native of the Hispanic lands, Shard's Spanish could sound a bit under-the-weather. Hey, Spanish was only of the languages that she spoke as Linguist minor. Of the languages she did know. She was most fluent in Spanish, Italian, and French. The majority of the most famous Physicist were of French and Italian nationality. Spanish just kind of came naturally to Shard. Being from a Brooklyn type area, she was vaguely familiar with the language fro ma young age.

She could imagine that her dialect could sound very... American. Her room was fairly clean. About the only thing that was out of place was her work clothes from Thursday and Friday. All her other laundry were in 4 black self-standing black bags by her closet. Shard sat Indian style on the left side of her bed with her plate with only one grilled cheese left sitting there in front of her. She bit into her grilled cheese and pointed her remote at her TV to turn up the volume when a man who was obviously of Spanish, Puerto Rican, or Italian decent leaned across the door to her room. She couldn't quite put her finger on which her could be. She told herself that she wouldn't mention it because she didn't want to offend the man.

She was impressed. The man sure knew how to make an entrance. The Spanish language seemed to slip off the roll of his tongue as if he were speaking Spanish poetry. Shard bit the bottom of her lip trying to hide the smirk that was growing across her lips. She had to admit to herself that the man definitely was not ugly and it drove her crazy that he was fluent in another language other English. If she were any lighter in complected, she would probably blushing right now. She was bit a flustered but was attempted to hold it together and play it cool. No man, especially like this one, liked woman who swooned over them.

Her posture had not changed after he wanted into the room. Her eyes ripped from the TV to the man in her doorway and she simply responded saying,

"Nunca he tenido mucha suerte con los hombres. No he encontrado uno que puede mantener a mi me interesa mantener en todo. Por lo menos no hasta hace poco."

He noticed his wandering eyes. She could only pray that he liked what he saw. Shard had not been entertained by a masculine presence since..., holy shit, Fitzroy. Was she really that invested in her studies? Would Shard be considered a nerd? Well, this guy didn't need to know that. She keep her eyes on his eyes and watch them wander then return. Even though she was highly intimidate by this man, she kept telling herself to play it cool.

"Um," she said then stopped.

Real smooth she thought.

"Sure, company is cool with me. I'm Shard in case you wanted it... wanted to know. My name I mean," she added stumbling over her words as she scooted over closer to the left edge of the bed. She then tossed her remote on the ground at the foot of her bed and picked up the plate with the last grilled cheese.

"Grilled cheese?" she said taking a cute-esque bite into it. Two little crumbs were left on her right cheek. Her hands were full so she didn't worry about it. She was take care of if eventually. At this point, her position had changed. She had unfolded herself from the Indian style position and scoots to the foot of the bed and sat up with her feet placed on the ground. She didn't have on socks but thank goodness she got a manicure a few days ago.

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 8 2011, 05:43 AM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert could only smirk at her response, she was a quick one that was for sure. "I'll try my best not to bore you." Robert replied before stepping into the apartment. Upon entering he couldn't help, but get a kick out of how quaint the place was. Robert due to his upbringing was use to such grandiose things that little things often fascinated him. After getting a good look at the place, Robert once again rested his gaze on Shard. He could tell she was nervous, he wasn't really quite sure why but it was amusing none the less.

She introduced herself, and Robert once again found himself smirking at her when she got a bit tongue tied in doing so. He opted not to let her know that he sort of already knew of her, due to having been a student at the Academy with her brother years before. "Lovely to meet you Shard." Robert said with a slight nod, before extending his right hand for a light handshake. "I'm Roberto...Roberto Da Costa." He said introducing himself as well.

Once again Robert found himself staring at her, but it wasn't in the way he typically stared at beautiful women...and beautiful she was. No, her looks were not the only thing that intrigued the Brazilian solar powered mutant. Robert found himself studying her...the way she poised herself her short hair which generally wasn't a look Robert would've gone for, but she made it look good none the less.

Hell, he even took notice of her feet which from the looks of it were recently manicured. But the thing that got him most were her eyes...she had a very intense stare, it was almost as if she was trying to study him like he was doing to her. Robert sat down next to her at the foot of her bed. She then offered him a grilled cheese, and for some reason that made him chuckle he didn't really know why, but it did. "Sure why not." Robert said with a smirk accepting her offer for the grilled cheese. Robert wasn't even sure if he'd even ever had a grilled cheese sandwich before. If he had it was so long ago that he didn't even really remember what it tasted like.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 06:23 PM

Roberto Da Costa. It had a ring to it. In a god way. He extended his hand to Shard. She looked down at his hand and shook it with her own right hand. He hands always had a significant amount of heat to due to the nature of her abilities. She was hoping he would understand that. In case he didn't she decided to say,

"Roberto Da Costa. Very nice. I'm sorry. My hands are always kind of warm. It's part of my...,"
she sighed and tried to begin again while wiping the crumbs off of her face,

"How do youu... It's my powers. It affects my overall body temp. Anyways, it's lovely to meet you too," she said smiling and laughing at her self.

In her mind, she hated making herself sound like some science fiction creature. It was so nerdy. She offered up her grilled cheese sandwich and Roberto Da Costa took it as. Shard could help but observe his expressions toward the grilled cheese. An initial question popped into her head but she debated with herself how to phrase it without being offensive.

"So, are you from New York or are you from the coast like your last name insinuates?" she asked.

It was the best way she could ask if he was from around these parts. The way he took to the grilled cheese sandwich it seemed very obvious that it was somewhat foreign to him. Or at least, that he had not had it before now.

He intrigued her. Even though he had not even spoke too many words, he really and truly intrigued her. After she finished her grilled cheese sandwich, she put the plate that was sitting on the bed and put it on the floor near the foot of the bed. After which, she decided to make herself a bit more comfortable on her bed.

Sitting the way she was on a bed put stress on her back, so she scooted back to the head board of her bed and tucked a pillow behind her back and leaned against the head board. Her right leg, opposite to Roberto, was stretch straight out and her left leg was bent in a position where her left foot was tucked under her right knee.

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 05:04 PM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert couldn't hold back from laughing, when Shard felt the need to explain the unusual warmness of her hands. He'd noticed sure, but in reality he kind of like it. "No, apologies!" Robert said looking into her eyes for a second, and giving her a small grin. "I like it." Roberto replied simply. "Plus, believe me when I say I understand." Robert said he was sure his powers made him run a little warm from time to time...he never really paid attention, and with Shard's hands as warm as they were he doubted she would've noticed any unusual heat radiating from him either. From the looks of it this Shard woman paid attention to everything...unlike him.

She, then asked him where he was from, but she did it in a sort of casual way as if she thought just out right asking him would offend him or something like that. Robert simply smiled, trying his best to let her know through his grin alone that he was not that uptight, in fact he was quite the opposite really, Robert was the most laid back person he knew. "No, not from here been here for a little while though." Robert replied taking a small bite of of the grilled cheese sandwich before opting to elaborate on the topic further.

"I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil." Robert said unable to resist saying his home town with just a bit of pride. "Most beautiful place on earth...have you been?" Robert asked the mere mention of the place making him feel a bit nostalgic and home sick. He watched curiously as Shard switched positions, and got comfortable he hoped that meant that she was getting more comfortable around him. He didn't expect it though he'd only just met her minutes ago. "Are you from around here?" Robert asked he'd thought he'd noticed a bit of a New York accent from when she spoke. Even as he asked this Robert just couldn't help starting at her legs....they were very nice legs.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 07:39 AM

As Shard leaned into the head board, she smiled thinking about how smooth Roberto's hair would feel. It seemed like it would feel like the finest cloth or maybe silk. She wanted to reach out but she knew how awkward it would be to ask if she could touch his hair. Despite, how much she wanted to touch the hair that reminded her faintly of China's finest silk. Shard shook the man's hand and, due to her resistance to heat, she couldn't feel the heat that Roberto's hand may have given off.

He said that he liked the heat from her hand and she laughed to herself. It was becoming obviously clear that her was attracted to her. She was clearly attracted to him as well. Question was how do you go about maintaining the interest of a man longer than 5 minutes. She had never been good with men and the last one she dated had pretty much destroyed her relationship building skills. Damn, she was really down on her luck.

"I'm glad that it doesn't bother you and that you understand. You must feed off of heat?" she posed to Roberto.

She pulled back her hand and returned to what made her comfortable. She leaned back and listened to the beginnings of Mr. Coasta. He was Brazilian! Shard died on the inside a little bit. She had never had a Brazilian guy talk to her or even like her. A first for Shard. The only way she could respond was by giving Roberto a faint smile and nodded her head.

"No, I've never been coast side. My friends always told me the only reason you should go to Brazil was for the...." she stopped herself because she was about to say men. She settled for, "View."

She could feel Roberto's eyes paw at her. It felt nice to have a man find her beautiful. It had been so long since anyone had made her feel like she was beautiful.

"Yeah, I'm from New York. It's fun, but I've been there my whole life. Now, it's old news to me. Now, I think I just want different things now. I don't know. I guess, a trip to the coast side of Brazil does sound nice," she said looking over towards the TV and then back to Roberto.

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 03:32 AM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert got a kick out of her smile, for whatever reason when she smiled he smiled. He took another bite out of his grilled cheese sandwich, which oddly enough tasted a lot better than he thought it would the look on his face showed that pretty evidently. The simplicity of it amazed him...just melted cheese, and toast, maybe a bit of butter he couldn't tell regardless it was surprisingly delicious. "This is really good...muito delicioso." Robert said, not really know that a grilled cheese sandwich was simple enough for a ten year old to make.

Robert had never had a real relationship, ever. He'd went out with lots of women LOTS, of them but he'd never felt comfortable enough with a woman, to open up to them. Not in a romantic sense anyway, sure he could talk to Jean, or Ororo about all his deep dark secrets. But that was because he saw them both as more maternal figures than anything.

Part, of it was his fault...he'd never really tried to have a relationship. He was a pretty stereotypical guy scared of commitment. Of all the women he dated none, of them were mutants..and none of them knew that he was not only a mutant, but a bonafide super hero from time to time. Roberto liked to wear a mask...he never let anyone know his emotions, and most of his associates at the mansion who weren't close to him probably felt safe in saying he didn't really have any emotions to speak of.

It bothered him a bit, but in obscure way it also made him feel safe. After all if you didn't let yourself get close to anyone, you can never be hurt by anyone right? That worked for him okay when he was younger, but as he got older and he started to see all of his old friends start to settle down, and be happy Roberto's curiosity would get peeked from time to time. Bobby seemed so happy with Hartley, and then there was Jean and Scott who always seemed to down right adore each other.

The most intriguing thing about it all to Robert was that they seemed happy, genuinely happy. Robert had always seen serious relationships as a sort of jail sentence, but he'd by lying to himself if he said that he wasn't the least bit curious to see what the whole commitment thing was about.

"I'm glad that it doesn't bother you and that you understand. You must feed off of heat?"

Shard's questions snapped Robert out of his little introspective self evaluation about commitment. "Among other things." Robert answered with a smile. Shard went on to tell him that she'd never been to Brazil, but she'd heard that it had a lovely view. "Yeah, it's beautiful sun's always shining...unlike here." Robert said with a frown, he was NOT a fan of New York winters they were hell on his abilities. "If you want, I'd be more than happy to let you come along when next I return for a visit." Robert said with yet another smile before biting his grilled cheese sandwich again.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 01:59 AM

Shard has only just met Roberto but she felt like she already knew him. Shard had thought maybe it was her mind telling her that but really it is the fact that her communication skills have improved so much over the past few months. After settling Martin in, she was slowly becoming more comfortable with the idea of putting herself out there and being social for once. Shard had lived in the Mansion for years and never had she met Roberto. Maybe she had heard of him in some form or fashion. Shard was better with memorizing staff and codenames better than actual names.

Whoever he was, it didn't deter her some literally undressing him with her eyes. Look at him. He was beautiful. Well, at least, in her eyes. She looked him over a few times while she sat on the bed. The dim light in her room made the hair on his head speckle just. She knew that it wasn't product. It was the natural texture of his hair. She bit her lip as she had a quick flash of herself in a very different predicament while tugging the strands of his hair.

She shook her head and tried to hardest to regain her right mind. She brush the part of her hair that fell out of place with her right hand. She smiled and watched him take another bite of the grilled cheese sandwich that she had prepared. She was glad that he enjoyed it so much. When he complimented her concoction, she simply said,

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

She wanted to asked him if there was anything else he liked but she was far too nervous. Usually, she was such an upfront kind of girl. It was something about Da Coasta that made her second guess herself. Literally. He was quite witty. He made a quick rebuttal to her simple comment about her powers. She looked to her hand and said,

"I can imagine."

"So, you must really hate the weather here then. You're probably use to all the hot and sunny weather," she said taking a glance at his expression of detest for New York. Everything about him was attractive.

"Are you kidding me? I would love to go to Brazil sometime but really?" she stopped and moved closer to the foot of the bed with Da Coasta.

"Me? in Brazil? My Spanish isn't all that great. So, what's it like there? I'm sure it's nothing like New York."

She got up from the end of the bed and moved sit next to him at the end of the bed. Again, she looked to his hair and reached out to touch it. She was far from rude and couldn't fight her urges, so she asked,

"Do you mind if I touch your hair?"

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 04:32 AM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert could tell...she liked him, and Bishop was probably going to kill him for it, but he was starting to think he liked her too.And not the way he liked other girls either. He didn't just want to get her in bed, which was odd especially for him. No, instead Robert was finding himself legitimately wanting to get to know her, but for whatever reason she seemed to still be pretty nervous around him. And if she wasn't she was doing a pretty good job, of acting like she was. Something, told him that if he was really, REALLY get to know her he would have to find someway to loosen her up a bit.

She, then commented on how he probably wasn't the biggest fan of New York weather. "It's not bad...the summer's are good enough." Robert said it was true during the summer Robert didn't really mind New York all that much. Winter on the other hand was another story entirely. "The winters though." Robert said following it with a shiver, and a cringe. He didn't feel the need to explain further he was sure she understood what he meant. Being from Brazil Robert had never even seen snow until he came to the Academy...in the dead middle of winter of all times.

Robert smirked, when he heard her willingness to go with him to Brazil sometime. Typically, that was just a pick up line for him he'd tell some pretty girl, or model, or porn star whoever it was he was trying to bed that one day he'd take them Brazil. Usually, he was lying through his teeth, leading the girl on. Only to drop them when he got bored, and move one to the next one. But this time it was different he was serious, he was really going to try and take her to Brazil the first chance he got.

He didn't know why, and it in a way it kind of messed with him...he had just met her why was he already thinking about showing her where he was from. He simply smirked when he heard her express worry about going because her spanish wasn't that great. Obviously not realizing that they spoke Portuguese there. "Don't worry you'll be with me I'll translate everything verbatim." He said holding up two fingers. "Scout's honor," He said, with his eyes closed in mock sincerity. When he opened them again he was surprised to find Shard reaching for his hair.

He cocked a brow what was she doing? He didn't know she stopped and them asked him if he minded if she touched his hair. Robert stared at her for a second before breaking out in a bout of hysterical laughter. He didn't mean to laugh at her, just what she'd asked was not at all what he had expected. It took him a few seconds to collect himself again, but when he did he smiled...yet again before replying. "Sure, why not!" Robert said leaning into her hand so that she could run her hands through his hair, and pet him like a dog. "So, I could go for a drink how about you?" Robert asked not even sure if she drank, if she did he hoped she had something. If she didn't though, he was more than willing to take her out somewhere.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 05:40 AM

The thought of Shard laying on the beach watching the sunset with this gorgeous creation of a man didn't seem like a half bad idea. In fact, it sounded like a hell of plan to her. The only problem were the last few moments she had shared with the man. He was talking about going on a dream vacation with him and she had yet to show him anything about herself other than a smile and a few stumbling sentences. This was so out of character.

What are you doing? You're fumbling over sentences, you're censoring your words, and you're being that girl. Shard thought.

Shard has never striven to be 'that girl', who plays dumb so that men would like her. Or so they could feel comfortable around her. Shad was not a girl who conformed to those ridiculous socially constructed standards. Thinking back on the last few moments, made her cringe a little on the inside. So, why now? What was it about this man that was so intimidating, so special that it made Shard act so out of character.

Was it his passionate brown eye? Was it his boyish charm and his smile? Or was it that he is the only man she has met in the last 5 years that intrigued her interest farther than a quickie. Why was she so nervous, so 'that girl' over this guy. She wondered if in her mind she was trying to sabotage herself because she didn't want another Fitzroy. Who was she kidding. That was exactly what she was going to do.

Shard, being the rational and fairly outspoken woman that she is, had to finally admit to herself that, logically, you can not group every person based on their gender into one category. All men are not out to destroy her. A reality that, until now, she has settled for and hence has forced herself to withdraw her emotions from ever attaching to just one man. A guy that she could trust with time. Was she so use to shutting off her emotions around men romantically that nervousness was all that she could portray?

Shard is not that girl. She had to start over. She had to show him the real her or he could quite possibly lose interest in her. Shard, with her hand still outstretched toward Roberto's full head of hair, closed her eyes and smiled then took a deep breath in and out. With the exhale of all those nerves went her somehow defense postures that drew physical and conversational distance between the two.

Her eyes now calm and her expression a bit more sincere. She placed a strand of Roberto's hair between her fingers and observed the texture of his hair. It was even softer than it seemed. Her eyes fascinated with the difference between her own her. She soon placed her hand on his scalp and massaged his temples with the tops of her fingers. She was about to get serious.

"A drink would be nice. I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this. You make me like this," once she started she couldn't stop the rest of what she wanted to say from flying out.

"You make me nervous. It's stupid, I know. But I'm just going to be honest. It's been a long time since I've been involved with a man," she said still rubbing his head and, now, avoiding eye contact with the man.

She knew that if she stared him in his eyes that she wouldn't be able to finish with what she know she needed to say. A person's eye had a way of maintaining power over another human being. Or maybe it was just Shard.

"The last guy that made me feel this way really messed me up. And now, I think that I'm doomed for failure when it comes to relationships and commitment because of one guy who really hurt me. I tell you all this to say I find you highly... intriguing but I'm not looking for more pain."

There! She had said it. Withdrawing her hand from his hair, which reminded her of a cloud, she made eye contact.

God, I hope you're not like him. she thought preparing herself for the worst of responses that she was most likely going to receive from Roberto.

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 06:19 PM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert once again found himself studying Shard, taking note of the fact that whatever reason she seemed to be a lost in deep thought. He didn't know what she was thinking about, but from the looks of it it was something big. So, he decided no to bother her he just enjoyed the way her eyebrows narrowed ever so slightly when she was thinking. It was cute, and after a few seconds she seemed to calm down. That was good, he didn't like the fact that she seemed to be so nervous around him. After all it wasn't like he was going to bite her or anything.

The next thing he knew Shard was playing with his hair. Usually, he'd despise anyone touching his hair, but for some reason with her he didn't seem to mind. In fact, for some reason it felt right. When she moved to massaging his temple Robert couldn't help but close his eyes. Her hands, were so soft and warm...so very warm and comforting. And then she stopped, and started to talk to him.

"A drink would be nice. I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this. You make me like this,"

Robert frowned he didn't know what to say to that. "Uh," He started to say something, but abruptly stopped when he realized he couldn't really think of anything to say in response. She then went on, to tell him that how she hadn't been in many relationships, and was not looking to be hurt again.

Did that mean she wanted to be in a relationship with him? Her blatant honesty was something he'd never had to deal with from a girl he was interested in, in a romantic sense. Most of the women who talked to him honestly like that were simply women he loved in only a platonic capacity. The games are what he was used to the going in circles, the flirting, the whole cat and mouse routine that was what he was used to. The fact that Shard had just come out and told him how she felt honestly. Left him a bit flustered to say the least.

He couldn't think of any cool comebacks, found himself unable to think up to think up some suave response. With her honesty she'd manage to turn the tables on him, it was not Robert was nervous, and flustered. Normally, he would've relished in the fact that she showed an interest in him, and would've tried to just coax her into bed so he'd be able to add one more notch. But she was different, Robert didn't want to rush things with her. She interested in him, and for some reason Roberto really just wanted to get to know her.

"I uh, ahem." Robert paused for a moment as he tried to think of the right thing to say. "I understand." He decided after giving it some thought. He looked over to the door, which oddly enough was still opened from when he entered...he hadn't planned on staying as long as he did. "How about I just make us a few drinks, and we not worry about it so much...thing's tend to work out for the best in the end. Let's just see what happens." Robert said getting up and walking over to the kitchen....not realizing that he had no idea where she kept her alcohol. "Uh, hmm." Robert thought to himself as he tried to guess at which cabinet held the alcohol.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 10:31 AM

Shard too Roberto's silence for her blatant honestly for too much. She knew it. The moment when all the words left her mouth. She knew. What an idiot she felt like she was. It's one thing for Shard to be very honest but it was another thing to deal with the feelings and after vibe of expressing it. Although, Shard couldn't help but notice that he was short for words. She found his shortage of words and the faces that he made as he contemplated the right words to say very cute. He would look down then back at her then get ready to say something then stop. It was was all... intriguing to her.

"I think I may have given you the wrong message. All I wanted to say is that you intrigue me," she said trying to do some damage control.

Based on his response, he obviously is not the type of guy that is looking for a commitment but, in his defense, they had only been talking for half an hour give or take. Maybe, that was a little too much too fast. If only she could take it back. His response a minute after hers was still the same. Silence and the occasional filler word.

Shard was trying to think of a way to recover but questioned herself because of the damage she had already done. Her eyebrows frowned and her eyes shifted from left to right trying to find something to say.

"Look, I'm not trying to.." she was cut short by Roberto telling her let's see where it goes.

He took her breath away. If Shard could blush, she would be bright red. Thank God she was not white right now. Shard knew she had to slow her role if she didn't want to scare him off. She decided that she would slow her role and allow him to lead from now on.

"Yeah, let's do that," she agreed and followed him with her eyes to the kitchen. Nearly stripping the man with her stares. She was trying to see if he had a nice butt. She hoped that she wasn't obvious. Look at him. He was a Brazilian beauty and a bartender. What else could a girl ask for. He put together a few grunts and fillers words which were seemingly directed at her. She had not known the man long enough to immediately understand his mannerisms, but, after a few more, she could tell that he was seeking direction.

"Oh! Check the freezer. It's doesn't burst so I just keep it their. Oh, and I lied earlier. My friends say the only reason you should go to Brazil is for the men. Not the view," she said still trying to manage her damage control plan and ease the atmosphere.

"What are you trying to fix over there. I know I don't have much but I'm sure grey goose and vodka are pretty easy fixes. I think I might have a bottle of Jack. I'm not sure," she said trying to help him in some manner. Just because she was letting him lead didn't mean she had to play useless too.

--------------------
Sunspot
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 03:12 AM

Solar Absorption/Flight

Robert could tell his reaction to what she said, had probably made her feel weird. He didn't mean to, but in all honesty what she had said had me him feel uneasy. She attempted to do some damage control, attempting to tone down what she said to just saying she found him 'intriguing'. Robert only smiled in response. He was sure his attitude was making her regret being as honest with him as she was, but he didn't know what to do. He had no idea how to react to that...none of the girls he'd ever been with in his life ever threw him that kind of curve ball.

He was used to there being some angle, some ulterior motive from women. The fact that she wasn't like that and in fact seemed to be the exact opposite left Roberto confused to say the least. He was almost glad when he found himself in her Kitchen, alone trying to figure out where her alcohol was. She seemed to be inquisitive enough to tell that he was having a problem figuring out where her booze was.

She informed him that her Alcohol was in the freezer. He opened to find two relatively full bottles of Grey Goose, and Vodka. And about a half bottle of Jack Daniels. He quickly grabbed the Vodka, and grabbing a cup off of her counter poured himself a quick swig. Which he downed instantly, hoping to calm his nerves a little bit. The last thing he wanted to do was lose his cool. He quickly poured himself another one, and was right about to hammer it down too Shard spoke again.

'"Oh, and I lied earlier. My friends say the only reason you should go to Brazil is for the men. Not the view,"

"Pfft." Robert spit his drink back into the glass, to avoid choking on the shot. She had once again managed to say something that completely threw him off his game. "Really?" Robert said his voice a little hoarse from spitting up the alcohol. He couldn't think of much else to say beyond that so he just opted to ask her what she wanted to drink. "What's your poison?" Robert asked he had a pretty impressive repertoire when it came to making drinks, and he was pretty confident in his ability to make her just about anything she wanted...granted that she had the things needed to make it. As he waited for her response, he went to work making himself a vodka tonic.

--------------------
user posted image
Shard
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 07:10 AM

Shard watched the man play around in the kitchen. It was mildly entertaining and kind of sexy. She watched him go into the refrigerator and paid particular attention to his bicep flex as he pulled each drink out of the freezer. She'd imagined what his powers could have been. All she had to go off of was that he feed off of heat. She pleaded in her mind that he wasn't a pyro. Fire users, from what internet studies show surprisingly, usually always have anger issues. Shard did not feel like whopping his ass if he got out of line.

While sitting on the bed, Shard brushed her hair with her right and burst into laughter when Roberto spit out his drink. She took a mental note not to be too upfront about everything.

"Are you okay? Is the drink too strong?" she asked playfully antagonizing the man with a smile while still sitting on the bed.

He then questioned her friends advice and she nodded her head in support of her initial statement.

"Yep. Are my friends wrong?" she asked trying to build up more conversation with the man.

The friends she were referring to were very, very old friends from her high school days. They would always talk about getting out of the ghetto and living the American Dream in foreign countries. Who'd of thought that Shard would actually be the one to live in a mansion full of amazing people and a member of an international super hero team. Are freaking serious?!

The thought brought a faint and sincere smile of happiness. Roberto asked from the other side of the room what he wanted her to mix for her. According to her own advice, she was letting him lead.

"Surprise me. I have some sprite, lemonade, and Hawaiian punch in the fridge, I think. In fact, I'll match whatever you take," she said nodding her ever slightly and biting her bottom lip.

Then she thought What have I just gotten myself into.

She got up from her bed and got her laptop. Dragging it back to her spot on the bed, she cracked opened her laptop and logged in to her computer. Maybe, some Pandora radio will pick up Roberto's morale.

"Hey, I'm gonna turn on some music. What do you like listening to?" she asked typing in the password to the internet and soon Pandora.

She had a few stations but she would hate to play something he didn't like or something that she would probably be embarrassed to have him hear. Plus, he was kind of a guest. Guest always got their way when they came over. At least, that's what Shard's grandmother always too her.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

OPTIONSPages: (2) [1] 2  --ADD REPLY-- --NEW TOPIC-- -NEW POLL--

Skin Copyright to amayademorte of RPG-D.
Don't steal it, or she'll send velociraptors after you.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3963 seconds | Archive