InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Xmen Revolution. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you are looking for the best X-Men rpg around, you found it. We're a non-movieverse based on but not stringently following 616 canon.

Currently, we're accepting canons and OCs, and because the game does have some adult themes like violence, we have to limit our players to at least sixeen years old.

Ready to get started? Register under your character's name, and head on over to applications, or pop into the cbox and we'll help you with whatever questions you have.

Welcome to X-Men Revolution, hope you survive!

If you're already a member, quit wasting time and post already! *stern look*

Name:   Password:

· WELCOME ·
T O · E A R T H · 7 4 0

The world has been scorched by Phoenix Fire, and the future that had been threatened has been saved.

But most importantly, we've survived... though not all of us intact. Some have been made less, others have been given more than they can handle, loved ones have been lost, new relationships have been forged... All of us struggling to find our place again in the world post Doom's Illuminati.

The rebuilt School for Gifted Youngsters welcomes back its founder. Charles Xavier, lost for eight years, has returned, unable to relate what had happened to him, but eager to continue his campaign for mutant/human co-existence, especially now. Scott Summers, too, has been returned from his simulated death and corruption by the Dark Beast's manipulations, but his experiences have scarred him, his normal stoicism broken and fragile. As the school begins again in the relative calm after the events of last year, Scott and Jean, now the solo possessor of the Phoenix Force, withdraw from authority, hoping a hiatus will allow them time to recoup.

Students continue to pour into the school, and the Legacy Squad, under Rachel Summers's guidance begins a friendly competition, dividing into two teams in the spirit of challenge and improvement. New students of a different sort have begun to attend the school, Namor, given diplomatic immunities after his true purpose in the Villains' Illuminati was revealed, has brought Atlantean mutants to our doors, giving our already motley crew an entirely new dimension.

In Mutant Town, X-Factor Investigations and Horizon Labs have come together to study the Tabula Rasa that Spiral had created with her Phoenix powers. Beneath the city, X-Factor has taken in the refugees displaced by the creation of the evolutionary anomaly, all the while continuing their quest to help those who need redemption find it, and remaining a family. Alex and Lorna's son Nate is a year old now, and Alex is considering sending the Moloid children off to the school.

Shield, under Director Fury's watchful, and singular, eye, continues to labor to keep the city intact, forming a new group of super powered agents, many of whom who have been on both sides of the law, dubbing them the Defenders, even as Gambit gathers the criminal element and takes charge of a new branch of the Thieves' Guild. The Hellfire Club, scattered after their defection from the service of the Illuminati, has broken into three distinct courts, Psylocke's White, Sage's Black and the Shroud's Red. The Queens rebuild their building, their rule, and their reputation, while Max Coleridge feverishly leads his small group of devotees on a quest for lost power items.

Beneath the sea, Exodus recovers in Sanctuary, and new Acolytes take the reins of the Brotherhood. Bruised from the attacks of the Phoenix-ified Vulcan, the Brotherhood will soon learn that the man who had worn Magneto's helmet had been a fraud. But where is Magneto, the real Magneto?

Life is not perfect. Most of us don't know if we'll see tomorrow... Many of us would rather they didn't, but we will survive. From school outings, to Singularity Investigations, to a series of mysterious attacks by a group of strangely familiar young X-Men from the future, life hasn't settled down since Doom was shunted off to another dimension bringing his Phoenix powered Illuminati to a crashing destruction. Only now, our present struggles to be the future without destroying the past have taken a less world shaking turn, sending the inhabitants of the 740 universe into a scatter of activity and adventure.

Make no mistake, the [REVOLUTION] is still coming.

What will it bring us when it does?

· OUR BACON NUMBER ·
· IS · TWO ·

P L O T
CURRENT PLOT SPOTLIGHT:

“This isn't a museum, this isn't a zoo. Right now, you're representing the entirety of the world above the waves. Welcome to Atlantis.”

Adventure at 20,000 Leagues

Weekly Story Update
Plots and Thread Seeking

AWARDS!
MUTANTS OF THE MOMENT:

C H A R A C T E R

OMEN
Bio!about!

P L A Y E R

Brody!
Bio!About!

· Q u o t e · o f · t h e · W e e k ·

"You two make terrible women. Worse than William Defoe in Boondock saints kind of drag. Please tell me this is just a strange hobby no one knows about."

HEY GUYS SHATTERSTAR IS BACK
Dragnet

S T A F F
OUR FEARLESS LEADERS!

D a v i d
H a r p e r
H e a t h e r
J e s s e
L a u r e n
S t e v e

STAFF DUTIES LIST

C B O X
WELCOME TO THE GUTTER!
DON'T BE A JERKFACE.
New Member Guide

CLICK & VOTE FOR US!
identity: 
password: 

ADVERTS

AFFILIATES

Crusader Citadel A Matter of Perspective: An AU Marvel/Gargoyles Crossover RP set in present day Boston, Massachusetts. Last Stand Academy X Eternal Night X-MEN: GOTA

RPG-Directory
Affiliate Advertise

CREDIT

Skin © Jesse

Universe © Marvel

Site Plots, Original Characters, ideas, and artworks © respective creators

Side-bar © Roswenth
NOW ACCEPTING:

C A N O N S & O R I G I N A L S ! !
[WITH EXCEPTIONS. SEE LIMITATIONS HERE!]

--ADD REPLY-- --NEW TOPIC-- -NEW POLL--

<<< First Steps, Hulkling, with others to follow
Tommy Shepard
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 02:56 AM

Superspeed / Hyperkinetic Vibrations

Group: Guests
Member No.: 522

January 15th

The world came into stark clarity, after having been torn from it with a severity that he had, up to this point, not thought possible, Tommy came crashing to Earth. He was not where he had been, talking to Billy and his Uncle Pietro, pleading his case and making plans to make it better. He knew this ground though. It felt natural under him, though it stung a bit as he rolled to a stop. What had happened? Where had he gone and, without his abilities, how had he got there?

Tommy stood dizzily, making a mental note to strangle Billy should he ever return from wherever it was he had gone. He eyes gained clarity and, with a mixture of horror and a relief he couldn't quite explain, Tommy realized where he was. The rubble laid as heavily as it did the last time he saw it, even though so much of it had been removed, had been cleaned up. The memories of the last night he was there stung the back of his mind and threatened to spill from his eyes as hard earned tears.

He spun quickly, looking for something, maybe an explanation, at least a clue. What he found was perhaps the closest tie to his brother that existed, other than himself of course.

"Teddy!" He yelled, spotting his friend cleaning rubble from the site. "Teddy. We got trouble. Right here in witchy city." He ran up to the massive green boy at a fraction of the speed at which he could have mere months ago. "Something happened. Something's happening to me. It must be a result of billy's mojo. It's tripping me up. I was just in Utopia and..and now I'm here. And I didn't even want to come here. I didn't run. It feels like an engine is running inside me. "
Hulkling
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 08:20 PM

Shapeshifting/ Super-Strength/ Flight

Member No.: 1,480

Helping complete the school's demolition was a dour affair, Teddy remembered, and it was encouraging to see how far he'd already come since that day. Back then, destroying what was left of Xavier's seemed disrespectful, and even now, with the slate wiped clean of history and passed sins, returning to the scene was jarring. The school grounds still felt like a battleground and graveyard, but it was easier to deal with the dark memories of that fateful day. Perhaps his work to rebuild was therapeutic in a way, and helped exorcise Teddy's resentment toward humanity. It wasn't easy, but time was already corroding the hurt and anger, and working toward a new future was a very healthy way to deal.

Reconstruction would begin soon, however, and that would leave no room for angst. After agreeing to return stateside to help expedite the process, he promised himself that he would continue to work on moving forward with his life. Teddy was determined to reemerge better than ever, and not just by building new and grander facilities, but by forgiving as well. For whatever reason, rage was an emotion so easily evoked in him, and the teen didn't want to live his life that way. He saw firsthand what the effects of hate and anger were, and he would work to be better than that.

"Teddy!"

At first, the blonde thought he imagined Tommy's voice. The speedster and his troubles were present in Teddy's long list of worries as well, after all. However, to his surprise, he saw Tommy standing behind him when he turned at toward the call of his name. Before he could so much as say 'That Salem is in Massachusetts', Tommy spilled into a monologue that made even less sense than the things that usually came out of his mouth. For a long moment, Teddy just stared as his brain tried to catch up.

"Uh...okay? Good to see you too." Dusting off his hands, he wobbly came down from his pile of wreckage. "Well, that's definitely not good, but...um..." Teddy didn't pretend to understand anything about Billy's powers, as he couldn't even figure out Billy himself. So theoretically, it should have been easy to believe Tommy, but seeing him so randomly was still baffling. Why would Billy send him here of all places anyway? Not that he was complaining, because this was a lot better than the belly of a volcano or something.

"Well, I guess we better try to get in touch with Utopia, and let them know where you are? Then Billy can come and get you, not so bad." He said, trying to sound comforting. "As for the engine stuff, I don't know dude...I don't have any Xanax to give you. Come on."

--------------------
user posted image
Tommy Shepard
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 04:52 PM

"No Teddy! You have to listen to me," Tommy said, jerking away from the sometimes-green boy. "I'm pretty aware of the my body. Get your mind out of the gutter," he shot the boy a look. "I just mean that, given the way my powers always worked, I know what I'm supposed to feel like. I know what the speed feels like,and I know what I feel like without it. This is neither one of those things. This feels like somebody is trying to stuff the speed back into me. Only, for whatever reason, I'm not supposed to have it. This isn't right Teddy and, if I know my body like I think I do, we're not gonna have time to go find Billy."

He began pacing around, moving as fast as he could, as though there was no way he could stay still, as though that wasn't even a possibility. "Not that, once we found him, he'd have anything to offer other than a sad excuse and tragic fashion choice."

"I don't know what we need to do but, I don't think we've got time to get in touch with Utopia. It feels like I'm going to explode any second. Like-"

He felt it again, the pulsing engine revving inside of him. What was this? Why was this happening? Was it really just the byproduct of how horribly stupid his brother was. And, if so, how good was it going to feel to smack the guy liner off his face should Tommy make it out of this.

He fell to his knees.

"Oh-oh."
Hulkling
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 09:37 PM

"Okay, okay...I'm listening, just relax man. You're kind of freaking me out." Blond eyebrows knitted together worriedly as Teddy watched his friend spaz out. It was unnerving, seeing a boy who was usually obnoxiously self-confident so out of sorts. For a few beats, the teen Hulk just stared at Tommy dumbly, unable to understand what he was talking about. Someone, apparently, was trying to...alter him somehow? Or maybe nature was just equalizing, and Tommy was getting his powers back to keep the balance...or something. "Well, um...why are you here, though? Or I mean, how are you here?"

All right, that wasn't exactly helpful, but Teddy still didn't know how the speedster suddenly arrived back in North Salem anyway. It's not like he could help him or anything, since all he could do was punch things. "Hey, you should give Billy a break; he's really been broken up about this whole thing. He would try to help at the very least, which is more than you have right now. Seriously, what other options are there, besides going to your mother. We should try to reach them."

"It feels like I'm going to explode any second. Like-"

Teddy rushed to Tommy's simultaneously extending a hand to help the boy regain his balance. Worry was quickly turning into fear, and he cast about helplessly, looking for anyone more qualified than he for this problem. All he saw, however, were construction worker...all human. "Uh just, breathe through your nose and relax." Well it worked in the movies. "You're getting worked up, and knowing how these thing go, that never helps." They were just starting to rebuild Xavier's; it would royally suck if Tommy blew it up all over again before they could even start...and if he really was getting his powers back, that was a tangible possibility.

"I uh, should probably call an ambulance...or a Bomb Squad." Digging into his cargo pocket, Teddy let go of Tommy and fished out the phone given to him by his mother when he first returned to the states. At the time, he just thought she was being overprotective (and truthfully who could blame her), but now he was thanking the heavens for her foresight. "Just hold tight."

--------------------
user posted image
Tommy Shepard
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 04:12 AM

An ambulance? Obviously, Teddy didn't understand what was going on here. Sure, the shape shifter had Tommy's best interests at heart. he was his friend after all. But if he could feel the energy growing inside Tommy's chest, if he could experience the near quake like shaking that was growing under his skin, then Teddy would know that there wasn't nearly enough time for an ambulance.

Whatever was going on here, it wasn't something medicine could fix. At least, Tommy would be as surprised as hell if it did.

"Teddy," Tommy gasped out, pushing the taller boy away. "You need to go. You need to get away from me. I can't hold this in much longer and I don't know what's going to happen. "

"Wait!" He grabbed Teddy's arm. "If this kills me, tell Billy I forgive him. If it doesn't, tell him I'm gonna beat him until his clothes come back into style. Now get away from me!"

Tommy tried to run, to get as far away from anything as he possibly could, but that wasn't happening. His body was shaking too much. It refused to obey him, to do much of anything besides ache and pulse.

He looked around. It figured, if he was going to die, it only made sense he did it here, at the site of the Institute. He had been through so much there, really learned to be the person he was inside those walls. Who's to say he gets to live beyond them anyway?

He fell again, and this time he didn't plan on getting back up. He closed his eyes and, when he imagined he was about to explode, that death was going to take him, he skidded away, leaving little more than tracks on the ground where he had been.
Wiccan
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 06:35 AM

Reality Warping

Member No.: 1,475

In a flash of blue energy crackling the air like electricity Billy appeared his feet barely connecting with the hollowed ground that had been his home for so many years when he watched Tommy speed away again. Fear and panic griped his stomach but also annoyance. It was just like his brother to get away just before he could get to him as though he was the road runner and Billy was Will-E-Coyote.

"Damn." He muttered under his breath at the cloud of dust his brother's departure had stirred up. Painfully Billy took a look around him, at the reconstruction going on of their beloved Xaviers. This had been home and now it was rubble, another victim of hatred and misunderstanding. Tears welled in his eyes but he fought them back. There was no time to get all sentimental now. He had to find Tommy, had to get him to Dr. Strange, before something even worse befell the erratic speedster. What had compelled Tommy's out of control abilities to take him here, Billy wondered. The school had been the place that had first marked their meeting. If not for Xaviers Billy might have went his whole life never knowing the truth about who he was, that he had an extended biological family, that included a twin brother.

If I don't find him soon it might have been better to never have known him, at least then I could never have hurt him

Another wave of guilt surged through him but he pushed it away. Time was precious but it felt wrong to leave this place of the dead and not say a prayer. in honor of the lives lost, he thought. His people had such a prayer, a prayer for the dead, the Kaddish.

"Yis'ga'dal v'yis'kadash sh'may ra'bbo, b'olmo dee'vro chir'usay v'yamlich malchu'say, b'chayaychon uv'yomay'chon uv'chayay d'chol bais Yisroel, ba'agolo u'viz'man koriv; v'imru Omein.
Y'hay shmay rabbo m'vorach l'olam ul'olmay olmayo.
Yisborach v'yishtabach v'yispoar v'yisromam v'yismasay, v'yishador v'yis'aleh v'yisalal, shmay d'kudsho, brich hu, l'aylo min kl birchoso v'sheeroso, tush'bechoso v'nechemoso, da,ameeran b'olmo; vimru Omein.
Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein.
Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein."

How odd that he still remembered the old psalm. He had not spoken the words since his grandfather's funeral so many years ago. His father would be proud he thought, you could take the boy out of the synagogue....

"Teddy?!" Billy said his eyes landing on the handsome blonde who had left the Savage Land to help in the rebuilding. In the mess of everything that had happened Billy had forgotten that the shape shifter had been here. He felt something in his chest tighten at seeing him. Since that moment on the shores of the water by the Utopia base Billy had thought about Teddy often. He had even believed for a bit part of the reason Hulkling had signed up to help with the rebuilding had been to put distance between them. Billy couldn't really blame him. Wasn't this mess with Tommy proof that he was a calamity waiting to happen.

"Tommy? Did you see him? Did he say anything about where he might be going? Please! I have to find him!"

--------------------
user posted image
Hulkling
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 12:04 AM

Indecision seized hold of Teddy's feet as he stood rooted to the spot, torn between running for cover and staying to help a friend in need. He couldn't just leave Tommy writhing in pain and possibly dying, but he wasn't certain he could survive a violent explosion either. In the end, he decided that clearing the area should be a priority, for there were many construction workers within blasting range. When that was done, then he would help Tommy...somehow. Feeling distinctly out of his depth, Teddy muttered a few words of encouragement before turning to face the curious faces of onlookers. Before he could do or say anything, however, the speedster imparted a few dying words.

"I-..." he fumbled eloquently, at a complete loss for words. Everything was happening so quickly; too quickly, in fact, for him to waste time on thinking up something brilliant to say. As a result, he released Tommy and ran toward the men in hard hats, yelling for them to flee. Naturally, most of them just looked at him as if he were a madman. "ARE YOU DEAF, I SAID RUN! GO! IT'S NOT SAFE!"

"You mutant types are friggin' crazy." One man said. "Ya friend just left, I think you've been played kid."

"Wha..." Teddy said, turning back around to see scorch marks where Tommy used to be. His head tilted in puzzlement, the blond scratched the space behind his ear anxiously. He wouldn't put such an ill-conceived joke passed Tommy, but his display of fear and desperation was rather convincing. After their laughter died down and the construction workers returned to their work, Teddy cautiously lumbered back to the spot of Tommy's disappearance. Okay...he was stumped, and worried. In the past, he couldn't remember ever seeing such markings whenever the speedster used his powers before...so something obviously wasn't right.

"Teddy?!"

The familiar yet unexpected voice made the shifter jump defensively. Teddy suddenly felt self-conscious of his degree of sweat and dirtiness, and surreptitiously attempted to sniff his underarm as a result, hoping he'd applied enough deodorant after his shower earlier that morning. Combing his fingers through his tangled hair, he replied: "Yea, actually...I did. He was here talking crazy in one second, and when I turned my back he vanished, or moved away really fast. See, those are his." As he pointed to the marks in the ground, Teddy eyed Billy inquiringly out of the corner of his eye. He silently took in the intense worry and fear, and that feeling of unease returned within him. Surely Tommy wouldn't take a joke this far.

"Billy, what's going on? Tommy was convinced he was going to die or something."

--------------------
user posted image
Wiccan
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 04:16 AM

Reality Warping

Growing up Billy had always been encouraged to tell the truth. The Kaplans were hard working honest people who instilled in their children deep values and principals; it was the world outside that had encouraged the need to lie or deflect responsibility. In time like most young adults billy had developed a propensity to understand the need of lying or more earnestly the lie of omission. Being adopted, Jewish, gay, and a mutant, in and of itself almost seemed to come with a banner of responsibility that could wrap so tight around a person's throat it could almost choke them where they stood. The truth changed how people looked at you even when they said it wouldn't it did. As Teddy earnestly implored him to tell him what was going on Billy felt a war raging inside on whether or not to spill out the actualities of the case. He would lose Teddy for sure over this though losing seemed an odd choice of words seeing as you had to have something to lose it. He supposed what he would be losing was the possibility of something, something he hadn't even realized he had secretly been wanting until now as he stood on he precipice of saying goodbye to that sweet dream forever.

This was what his powers always brought him. What they always would; loneliness and abandonment, but Tommy was more important then all that now. A life alone would be a small price to pay to have his brother back to normal safe and well.

"I-" The words seemed to choke in his throat. The kind eyes that looked at him now so openly and without judgement were so soon to be ripped away forever shaded by fear and subjugation.

"Remember how I told you I messed up Tommy's powers awhile back? Well, I guess i didn't so much as strip them away as I put them on a delay, only now something even worse is going on and Tommy's bursting all over the map. I have a plan but I have to get to him first which is proving a lot harder to do then I had originally expected. Leave it to Tommy to start acting like a stock car out of the Fast and the Furious. I'm sorry you got pulled into this. I'm sorry for so many things."

Uncertainty of his plan, of finding his brother, of messing up Teddy just be knowing him threatened to push the young Warlock over the edge. Despair clawed at the bottom of that pit, eager to wrap around him like a constrictor and cut off his very breath. He fought against it. He had to focus on Tommy now, find him, before any greater damage was done.

"I need to go." he said affirmatively but hesitated, if this was goodbye, if after this nothing could be the same or how it might have been what was the great harm in stealing one small moment to have in memory.

"Screw it." he said to the battling thoughts in his head and grabbing Teddy by his collar he kissed him, like he had wanted to that night on the lake shore, like people should kiss, like all good things were going to be abandoned, like the last bit of sweet before the bitter spoiled it all.

--------------------
user posted image
Hulkling
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:37 AM

A minute frown curdled Teddy's expression; causing frustrated wrinkles the crease his forehead as Billy's unwillingness to divulge became more evident. It didn't seem there was any way for Teddy to get through to him, because no matter what he did, Billy mistrusted him. A part of Ted just wanted to grab the boy and shake some sense into him, or maybe he should hire a skywriter to spell it out. All Teddy wanted was to be allowed to help, and being prevented from doing that more disheartening (and exasperating) than was likely warranted. Since Billy seemed to think of him as inadequate, he didn't right to feel that way.

"I-" Billy hesitated.

Teddy had to remind himself that the situation wasn't about him; it was Tommy who currently needed some backup, and he currently needed to grow up and put whatever feelings for Billy he had aside. Fortunately enough, the boy in question seemed to arrive at the same conclusion, because he became more obliging after the initial hesitation passed. As he spoke, Ted listened intently, forcing himself to focus on the task at hand…even though it made little sense to him. When it came to cosmic, reality altering powers, the blond teen wasn't exactly an expert. But at least the speedster didn't seem to be in any mortal danger.

"Well then." Teddy said, while casually rocking back on his heels. "That's a relief. Ten seconds ago I thought he was going to detonate on the front lawn, so zipping across the globe is definitely a step up." It was obvious that Billy was broken up about his brother's situation, however, and like that night on the river bank, Teddy couldn't help but empathize. He wanted to shoulder some of Billy's burden, to help assuage the stress; he just didn't know how, or even if warlock wanted his help. "Oh come on, that's nonsense. You don't have to apologize to me, and even Tommy knows you didn't mean for any of this to happen…he said as much before-"

"I need to go."

"Hey wait," On impulse Teddy took Billy's hand to prevent him from leaving to face this problem alone. "I can help you, I want t-mmmfff."

There was a moment when Teddy thought that the heart currently lodged in his throat might suffocate him. His blue eyes were round with stunned disbelief as Billy yanked him down by the collar, and kissed him. Billy was kissing him…now…in front strangers and in the midst of a mini-crisis. He was kissing, William Kaplan...and with tongue! The tensed muscles in the shifter's body relaxed as the shock waned and hormones began to take over. Without conscious thought, his arms encased the dark haired boy and he returned the kiss with interest, compensating for his lack of oral adroitness with the torrent of affection toward Billy he'd been holding back for so long.

As moments passed (he would never be certain of how many) Teddy's conscience began niggling in the back of his head. While he and Billy put on a little show for the construction workers, Tommy could be halfway to Siberia. Even so, he didn't want to let go; subliminally afraid that without tangible proof, this event might be some sort of delusion.

"So, uh…that was unexpected." Teddy said, after breaking the kiss with profound reluctance. His arms, however, didn't loosen their hold. "But definitely worth trying a second time, after we find Tommy and get him sorted out? Together?"

--------------------
user posted image
Wiccan
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:40 AM

Reality Warping

Billy had stood at the edge of reality before, that strange zone where worlds met and fate's knit, where choices decided galaxies on the shoulder's of men who could not see the brilliance of it's colors or how intricately it was knitted like a gossamer web spun by a spider. He had touched that surface with his hand, felt everything that was known ripple like water in a pond, had seen infinite possibilities bind and unwind at the notion of a thought. And all of that paled to this feeling.

The wanting came easy. It was as simple as surrender and he was used to the yearning and his responsive denial. What he had never counted on, what even his most daring of fantasies had never given a good painting of was the power of that feeling being reciprocated, of someone taking all that love and desire and giving it back, not with their body but with their being. It felt indescribable. It felt like

Magic.

When the moment passed and better judgement came in he felt his body reach for air. Funny, he hadn't even realized he had been holding his breath or how good it felt to breathe again. If not for Teddy's arms supporting him he felt as though he might just loose his balance. He hadn't intended for this to happen. Everything was spinning so madly out of control, out of the realm of what was certain and proved. Then like the burn of taking a shot of alcohol, the high of the embrace faded and the reality of where they were and what he needed to do hit him again like a freight truck, straight in the center of the chest. He could here Teddy's offer of help, of them finding Tommy together. He should tell him no. He had already thrown his day out of loop, any further down this rabbit hole he might derail his whole life, but greedily he wanted him to come with him. Who, really when given the chance, actually wanted to be alone.

"Are you sure?" He asked him, his dark eyes staring into Teddy's lighter ones, his voice quieter then it's usual pitch. This was so unexpected. He had imagined the very opposite of this, of condemnation and stoning, not sympathy and kindness. He wondered for a moment if he wasn't causing all of this himself, so far from what he had expected, was happening. He couldn't do this, could he?

"Here. Take my hand, but only if you're sure. This is the one and only exit Teddy. I don't know what's waiting on me after this. I-I can't ask you to come with me, but I wont stop you either."

He held out an outstretched hand that glowed blue with energy. His mind focused, not on the problem before him, but on his intent, on his brother. Teddy had a choice Billy never had. He could get off the crazy go round before it even started with no blame and no hard feelings regardless. Either way Billy saw a long road in front of him, the only thing that changed here at this stop was whether he stayed on it alone or with someone.

--------------------
user posted image
Hulkling
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 10:29 AM

Life, Teddy reflected, had a zany knack for throwing a person for a loop in the most astonishing ways. Time usually stretched and congealed into lumps of forgettable and tedious days, but every so often, life slipped in a few surprises that cashed in on the sum of passed decisions. These surprises weren't always good mind you; no one knew that better than the mutants of Xavier's school. The teen had to work hard (and sometimes desperately) at retaining his characteristic altruism and positivity, because unadulterated rage seemed to hover over him like a plague ever since the attack on the school. And just when he thought he might never truly feel like himself again, something amazing an unforeseen came along to make him feel better than ever.

The universe, it would seem, decided to throw him a bone.

For a few exquisite moments, all his insecurities, worries, or even their blue collar audience diminished, and he felt utterly renewed. It's hard to feel like an embattled refugee when one is high on endorphins, but the empowering sensations were more than the rush of teenage hormones. Or at least, he hoped it was. Everything happened for a reason, and though he didn't wish to be narcissistic, Tommy's predicament was a catalyst in something Teddy only pined for mere days before. Helping Billy was meant to happen. He'd reached a fork in his path, and the blond took the obvious choice without a hint of hesitation.

"Of course I'm sure." He said, as he threaded his fingers between Billy's, still reeling from the day's events. His lips parted in a genuine grin, perhaps the first of its kind since the attack. "You couldn't keep me away even if you tried." And though the statement was blithely inaccurate, Teddy meant it nonetheless.

His smile was cemented on his face as he held Billy close and the blue haze of magic, or whatever mysterious energy Billy used to shape reality, enveloped them both. Unlike his counterpart, Teddy's view on the situation was much more sanguine. He knew with all his heart that Tommy would be okay in the end, because he had a brother like Billy to care and look out for him...regardless of however the wizard might see himself. One might say he was veritably zen, in fact.

"All we need now is a magic carpet and a catchy song." And with that, the duo vanished into the air, leaving behind the bones Xavier School's .

[[TBC in X Marks the Intruder]]

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OPTIONS --ADD REPLY-- --NEW TOPIC-- -NEW POLL--

Skin Copyright to amayademorte of RPG-D.
Don't steal it, or she'll send velociraptors after you.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1792 seconds | Archive