InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ambition Forum Index. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2nd Anniversary Contests
Sly Eagle
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 06:20 AM

Evil Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Same deal as last year, sorta. Ambition is approaching it's second birthday, which will be January 8th. So, for our second birthday bash, we'll again hold contests to participate in. Yay!

In the name of the gods...
Recycling from last year, as we had no correct/complete entries...
Some of Oris's mythology is laid out on this page, including the names of the seven Founders of the World. We're letting a little something slip here - six of the seven are named after typos. That's right: typos. The point of this exercise is to determine who is the odd god out, and furthermore figure out what the names of the others were typoed from. Send your answers/entries to theslyeagle@gmail.com with "contest" or something in the title. Correct answers will be entered in a drawing for a free print, and we're upping the ante a bit: If there's only one person to get the correct answer, they have the option of designing a lesser god to be added to the pantheon. One entry per person.

Example: A god named "Fonig" may have come from "going".

Fanworks
Pretty much the same as last year. We'll accept fanart, fanfiction, both as fanmanga, and even fanmusic for those of you who are so inclined. And, for you non-creative types, we'll also accept what I'll call "fanessays" - basically, non-fiction writings on Ambition. Literary critiques, character analysis, discussion of issues raised in the story...that sort of thing. If we get enough submissions to categorize, we'll segregate them into categories (example: Art and Prose). More categories means more winners. The winner(s) will receive a free print of their choice AND a cameo appearance of themselves or their character in the upcoming chapter.
Send a copy of your art or prose to theslyeagle@gmail.com with "contest" or something in the title. Photos of art is acceptable, but it's better if you can scan it. JPGs are also preferable, but .png and .gif is fine. I will not limit the file size, but PLEASE keep it on the lowish side. For prose, .rtf or .html if you would, but .txt is also acceptable. Fanworks must be of Ambition, Oris, and our characters - I can't accept random or original elves and whatnot. Crossovers are fine, but make sure our characters are central to whatever's going on (it is Ambition "fanworks" after all). You may enter as many pieces as you like, but we're going for quality over quantity, so taking your time on one piece gives you a better chance than giving us a large number of lower quality ones. You can view last year's entries here.

All entries for both contests must be received by January 8th. If you're working on something and need more time, let me know before then, and we'll talk about extensions.

Edit: Because we've gotten so few entries and a couple notes that people don't have time to enter because it's too close to the holidays, we've pushed the deadline back to January 20th, same as last year. I hope that makes it so you guys can enter. cool.gif

Also, feel free to e-mail me any questions, or just drop them in this thread.

--------------------
If you are fluent in four or more languages, you are multilingual.
If you are fluent in three, you are trilingual.
If you are fluent in two, you are bilingual.
If you speak only one, you're an American.
nerissarain
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 11:51 PM

Drizzle

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

I must say... I always love when people are willing to give extensions!
goldenberry
Posted: Dec 1 2007, 05:53 PM

Drizzle

Member No.: 39

that's my sunday sorted happy.gif
Sly Eagle
Posted: Dec 1 2007, 06:39 PM

Evil Overlord

I updated the "In the Name of the Gods" description in an effort to be more clear. Those of you who have already submitted have the option of revising your submissions once if you want.

--------------------
Tuviana Sirion
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 12:11 AM

Drizzle

Member No.: 44

Only one entry per person or per catagories?
Sly Eagle
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 01:02 AM

Evil Overlord

Only one entry per person or per catagories?

Nope, not at all.

Only one entry per person for the In the Name of the Gods... contest. However, you may submit as many entries to the Fanworks contest as you want.

--------------------
hjrtr
Posted: Dec 11 2012, 06:25 AM

Drizzle

Member No.: 149

Track your game progress. diablo 3 gold How many acts perhaps you have cleared? What bossesd3 gold have you shredded in each difficulty? What lengths perhaps you have leveled up your hardcore and normal artisans? Discover diablo 3 itemsin theCareer tab.You can also look at your play time (by class) throughout your whole Diablo iii career, and find out how many monsters and elites you've slain.
zhanghaixia
Posted: Nov 29 2013, 09:17 AM

Drizzle

Member No.: 160

Fanworks must be of Objectives, Oris, and our figures - I can't agree to to to to to unique or unique elves and whatnot. Crossovers are excellent, but create sure our figures are main to whatever's going on (it is Objectives "fanworks" after all). You may get into as many items as you like, Xbox Fifa 14 Ultimate Team Coins but we're going for top top top top top top top top top quality over amount, so getting your time and effort and attempt and attempt and attempt and power and attempt and attempt Fifa 14 PC Coins and attempt and power on one item gives you a better opportunity than providing us a lot of reduced top top top top top top top top top quality ones.
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1808 seconds | Archive