Welcome to Aparecium. Please read the rules, plot, and character list BEFORE joining! Thanks! Enjoy your stay!
With the board's revival comes an facelift to the general plot. Make sure to read it so you know what's what.
Tag: EVERYONE! So go post if you wish!
Setting the Mood
WEATHER; Sunny and warming up. Temperaters in the upper 60s to lower 70s (18-23 C).
Heads of House
Coding Help: RCR
Skin:© Ashwee of RCR
Banner (And most other images): © The uber awesome Lee
Raven/AJ Pic: © Stepha <3
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
|Welcome to Aparecium. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
, A must read.
Member No.: 1
Joined: 15-April 07
ApareciumThe Important Stuff in Bullets
Registering- Make sure your application is filled out completely. Please don't leave anything blank. If you can't answer something or you're confused, don't hesitate to ask us! ;]
- Literacy Requirement: Literate to Advanced. If you need the terms defined, this may not be the place for you.
- Naming: Register as your character's name [First and Last]. Name your character application with Surname, First name.
- Applications: Do your best on them. Remember, you are trying to impress us and let us know through your application that you and your characters will be an asset to the site. However, be yourself within them and do not impress us only to let us down after. Lini, our Application Moderator, is strict on her acceptance policy, so we wish you luck.
- Posting: The usual. Make it long enough for us to work with, but not so ridiculously long that we can't read through it without wanting to gut someone.
- Characters: If you're playing a cannon character, keep within Cannon Character Range. You wanted cannon for a reason, so keep her/him cannon, or you'll be having a nice little chat with the four lovely admin of this site. If you're playing a non-cannon character, try to keep her/him close to what you've stated in your personality.
- Activity: You joined the site to roleplay. We expect you to do so, and we also expect you to be able to reply at least twice a week somewhere on the board. It's around two hours, give or take.
- Post your application within twenty-four hours after registering or you'll be deleted.
- When you are accepted your application will be moved under 'files', sometimes with a note of acceptance. If we find error in your application, we will comment.
- If you notice an application that isn't completed or doesn't match the template, it's from one of our older members from old forums. We know they're literate, so weren't strict with them.
- Make sure you post your application here. The subject title should be your character's name as so: Last, First
- Don't register, disappear then never show up again. It just wastes our time and yours.
- For each character you must have a separate account.
- No special abilities such as being a 'werewolf' or 'vampire' ETC. without permission first. Until given permission, your character is only a witch or wizard and nothing more. You need permission for the following:Death Eater
VeelaThe administrators will talk over your "ability" together before accepting you. Also, keep in mind that these "abilities" are a privilege as well, not just a part of the character, and administrators have the right, if all agreed upon, to take it away. Do not worry, however; if such an event shall occur, we shall inform you.Write 40+ words under the section on the application labeled 'other' telling us all about the ability. We aren't too picky on this as long as everyone isn't asking to do so. If you write the paragraph we'll probably okay it. Make sure in the paragraph you explain the ability well. The only exception to this is if your character is a canon, if that's the case, don't worry about it.- You MUST use a photograph to portray your character. It can be a celebrity, but it does not have to be. If you choose, you may use a photograph of a non-celebrity; however, it must be a photograph of a real person. It helps picture things. Make sure to get a avatar or signature up within five days, or you will be warned.
These canons are REQUIRED to use the actor that portrays the character in the movies; sorry if you had someone else in mind. It's just hard for most people to picture them looking any different.
- Harry Potter - Daniel Radcliffe
- Ron Weasley - Rupert Grint
- Hermione Granger - Emma Watson
- Draco Malfoy - Tom Felton
- Lucius Malfoy- Jason Isaacs
- Severus Snape- Alan Rickman
- No more then two student characters unless you are really active on your first two (100 post between both accounts). If you need more then 2 students, please ask an admin. We might make an exception if they are related or of plot importance.
- Adults however, do not count toward your two. They will be a little less demanding, but still really needed. So you can have two adults for the time being and they won't affect your student character amount.
- On the form we ask for a roleplay example to make sure you are literate or above. It is just checking to see if you have okay grammar, punctuation, make sense, and give others something to work off of. Try to make it a decent length as well -- 400+ words.
- When you register, your username should be your character's first and last name. (Don't freak if you accidentally mess this up, just post your sheet and we will change the name for you. Some people read rules after registering, which is fine. We'll change it after you've been accepted.)
- If you want to leave the board, just PM an admin saying so. That is all you have to do. It is much easier for everyone instead of just disappearing =).
- Everyone on the site is very kind. When joining, expect to be welcomed like crazy and meet some new friends. Lots of them. Remember that you are required to treat everyone with respect. Our rules aren't that scary! PostingWhen roleplaying, do not go below 450 words. All post below this will be deleted without notice if caught. The most you can go under the limit is once per thread. If the other person is blocking you that bad, tell them.
- Here we encourage detail and length. You don't need fancy words. Just be able to tell the story. Remember the five senses if you get stuck.
- When you complete a thread, please have someone PM a moderator or an admin to let us know it is finished with. Or you can have someone post in the thread saying it's done. This way we can move it to the old threads. We won't be mad if you don't do this, it is just really helpful. Also, if an administrator or moderator is on and active in the C-Box, you may mention it in there as well.
- You may swear (of course), as long as it isn't overly trashy (meaning you can't have a cuss word every other word). No racial or sexual slur words. Be sure to check the Invisionfree Board rules before registering to the board. We are a mature roleplay, so if you have a problem with cussing and such, bye-bye.
- Sex scenes should stay around PG-13. Fade to black, wake-up the next morning, or something along those lines. If you wish to make your topic go over that rating, please post 'Mature' or having some sort of warning in the Topic Title/Topic Description. Either that or take it to the PMs or IMs. These boards can't go on in public areas like The Great Hall, Outside, Common Rooms, etc...
- For avatars and signatures, at LEAST one of these must be of your character using the celeb you chosen. Both the siggy and avatar don't have to be, but just one. Both would be best though.(Have some random avatar with words then a banner of your character in your signature. Or have a random 'flobberworm' banner for your sig and your avatar of your character).. Keep the signature at a decent size (Pictures no bigger than 500x300).
- Students must be in their Hogwarts uniforms at ALL times unless in Hogsmeade, during Christmas Break, or during the summer time. Your pictures, etc... don't have to be in Hogwarts attire.
-When it comes to spelling, Millie has a few pet-peeves. No, she won't die if you don't get these right, but please please please please PLEASE at least try.
CBox1. No spamming. You are not allowed to advertise your board or post repeatedly.
- At least NOT atleast
- All right NOT alright
- In front NOT infront
- A lot NOT alot... you wouldn't write alittle... it's the same concept.
- Past tense of spit is spatted? Not a word. It's spat.
2. No fighting. We will not tolerate name calling or bashing.
3. No more then four post in a row.Activity- When someone is inactive, it makes other members bored and unable to do much, not to mention it messes up plots. Stay active on every character! This will be your only warning.
- We made this board during the summer time for a reason. If you don't have the time and are going to complain that you have a busy life, then don't bother. An hour a day isn't much to ask for considering it is the summer, meaning no school for many of us.
- The only exception for being inactive is if you are on vacation or reasons similar to that. If you are going to be inactive for more than two days, post in the away messages letting us know when you’re leaving and when you’re returning.
- Activity checks will be held every few months. Be sure to post in those, or your account will be deleted! If you check in late, we cannot guarantee that your characters will all still be there. Unless Millie gets in a "delete-button" mood, in which you have no chance. Activity checks are given a time frame of a few weeks, as a note.
- [Sorry to be strict on this, but the number one reason most boards die is because people get inactive, making others bored and not want to come on anymore. So then they become inactive and BAM! Bye-bye board. ] Canon Characters- Stay true to your canon, yet make them your own. You may go against the books here and there, but within reason! When doing something that your character would normally not do, keep it believable. Think it through on how they would react and how they'd go about the transformation.One last note:- The rules may be changed at the administrators' discretion, and therefore, please check back occasionally.
This is the shared admin account. Please don't PM us here, for it might take longer for you to get a reply. This is just for updating and posting basic stuff around the board. To contact us, PM Kari (Millie Azure, Bradley Ollivander, Olivia Ollivander) or Lee(Eva Montgomery, Sarah Collins, Andrew Kirke).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.