Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Manga Recommendations
Yuber8900
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 08:22 PM

Huh? What?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,178

QUOTE (Paracelsus @ Feb 12 2006, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Yuber8900 @ Feb 12 2006, 08:07 PM)
Samurai Deeper Kyo- Really good art
Suikoden 3- anything I say would really be a spoiler....

Speaking of which, do you know where I can order Suikoden III manga? In English I mean (if they translated it >.> )

Yeah, it's translated into english, but I pick mine up at Barnes and Noble bookstores.
tienguan
Posted: Apr 18 2006, 02:00 AM

Member No.: 5,557

i'm not sure with everyone but i suggest Ouran High School Host Club. Good storyline and lots of comedy. I hope some one has the translated version of this comic though and he anime is now in ep 4(in japan) while the comic is Vol 5 (in US) and Vol 7(for Japan).
it anyone wanted the Raw of it go to www.tokyotosho.com Do reply for your comments wink.gif
Vash
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 12:40 AM

Member No.: 5,584

Some good mangas i would sugest are: Diabolo, Kingdom Hearts, Lament of the Lamb, and Chobits
tanand
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 07:24 PM

Currently in Hong Kong and Loving it! Minus the humidity

Member No.: 4,567

Ah cool, my turn for manga recommendations

If you looking for the good ol' romance-comedy manga then these are cool:

- Midori no Hibi (I'm sure it's also called Midori no Days or something similar) This ones really funny I say watch the anime as well as the manga.

- Pretty Face this one's equally funny, or funnier. It's about a guy called Randoh.... long story short, he ends up in a bus accident and his face is scorched and unrecognisable and he ends up in a coma for a year (I think). So this crazy plastic surgeon doctor fixes up his face by using a photo of a girl he likes who frequents the bus that he takes home. Then when he leaves the Hospital/Clinic he runs into the girl he likes and she mistakes him for her missing twin sister, now he has to pretend to be the girl's sister while he's looking for the real sister, Yuna. Lots of funny stuff happens and it's a good read (I read over it 3 times laugh.gif )
P.s he also happens to be super strong and knows martial arts, which down the track helps him out with guys that have crushes on him.

(PS. I know that this isn't a very good review, but I'm just bad at explaining, you can get it from Stoptazmo.com)

- Then there's Gacha Gacha, this one is a bit complicated as their are two parts to the series, and the first group scanlating dropped it and a second group continued it. It's sortof tricky for me to review this one so I'll just leave the scanlation groups name.
The first half of this series was done by Dynasty Scans (check in the Dropped section of their Projects page), and the rest is being done by Taruby Scanlations (their website is being fixed up or rather so it might be a while before anyone can get direct download chapters.
P.S the two different parts of this series are Gacha Gacha 'Capsule' and Gacha Gacha 'Secret'

- The last one would be Air Gear, it's an action one really, I'm sure most of you would know this one so I'll just say that it's made by the same group who made Tenjou Tenge, again you can get it from Stoptazmo.com

Overall comment, Read all of these if you have a long summer, or you just want a romance comedy to read
meganehime
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 10:36 PM

tricsterpriestess

Member No.: 5,828

Hm... random recommendations?
chikyu misaki is one of the cutest, most under appreciated mangas I've read in a while. I picked it up on the recommendation of Megatokyo author.
Also, Ouran High is a cute humor/romance.
Meru Puri is a good romance.
Vampire Game is actually a really old really good action/fantasy/comedy that I enjoy.
And, I would recommend the Tokyopop published WESTERN Dramacon... it's not even real manga... but it's a really funny story about what goes on at anime conventions that gets overlooked because we snub it for being, well, American.

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head that everone is not automatically going to say...
Paracelsus
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 11:33 AM

Burning One Man Force

Member No.: 4,466

QUOTE (Vash @ Apr 28 2006, 06:40 AM)
Lament of the Lamp

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOWNED

>.>

Erm...read Free Collars Kingdom >.>
Senshi
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 11:37 AM

Unregistered

Elfen Lied. Our very own lighting appliance seems to have helped Oishii QC the latest two chapters.
lambchopsil
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 03:01 PM

The Book Alchemist, Proofreader of Eagerness

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 3,557

I'll ignore some of this...

I'm also helping proofread the other chapters, Senshi.
Senshi
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 03:03 PM

Unregistered

Which ones?
Ryokosha
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 09:09 PM

Traveler of Space and Time

Member No.: 5,872

If anyone is looking for a great story I recommend highly Inverloch and Earthsong both of which are great online manga but also have their first volumes in book from now out.

They are both stories that just have sucked me in and won't let go, excellent stories!
magister_mat
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 05:47 AM

experienced magi/electricity user, extreme pocky-er

Member No.: 5,461

hmm...manga??

i would recommend MIDORI NO HIBI, a very light-hearted anime where Seiji, a notorious fighter's left hand turns into a girl thats had a crush on him. it involves a little homosexual kid(made homosexual by seiji)and plenty of other hilarious scenes...

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=175139

^ includes the whole series, in one download!
Ryokosha
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 06:23 PM

I also want to add Hinadori Girl, it is a great story, somewhat cliche in the robot girl idea, but freshly done and one that sadly at least outside Asia doesn't seem to be getting a lot of notice.
lambchopsil
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Senshi @ Jul 13 2006, 01:03 PM)
Which ones?

Chapter 54+
Ryokosha
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 03:52 PM

Chikyu Misaki written and illustrated by Iwahara Yuji, is another one that was critically accliamed (and rightly so) in Asia and a must read in my opinion.
shadownet
Posted: Oct 9 2006, 01:49 AM

Member No.: 6,186

For me I think that it would be definitely death note
cypherzero
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 11:24 PM

My voice is purgatory, I embody penalty for thy wayward soul

Member No.: 6,152

QUOTE (shadownet @ Oct 9 2006, 02:49 PM)
For me I think that it would be definitely death note

death note is kewl, but i can't believe its only 108 chapters...

cant wait for the movie laugh.gif

btw, is there any other manga that involves critical thinking like this one?
lambchopsil
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 03:43 AM

You could try Chobits or Full Metal Alchemist. Both can get you thinking if you understand their philosophies. (Chobits is a little on the ecchi side while FMA is more on the action side)
cypherzero
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 08:22 AM

My voice is purgatory, I embody penalty for thy wayward soul

Member No.: 6,152

QUOTE (lambchopsil @ Oct 16 2006, 04:43 PM)
You could try Chobits or Full Metal Alchemist. Both can get you thinking if you understand their philosophies. (Chobits is a little on the ecchi side while FMA is more on the action side)

I understand FMA... but Chobits? really?

hehe sorry but i only saw Chobits anime, so i was only thinking
main idea: is it okay to love robots? if so then more than other humans?
so naturally i said to myself, "as long as it feels good right?

or is the manga deeper than that?

and i want buy FMA manga but i need to know how many volumes (english) are already out, that way i have i can encourage myself to buy vol 2 when buying vol 1, and so on.... i really don't like buying a manga starting at 4 though >_<

btw has the FMA manga been completed? If so i might just buy the whole thing all at once! dry.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Recommendations/Reviews | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0569 seconds | Archive