InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Magic Swordsman, Inugami, Ermine, Negi, Kotaru and Kamo!
lzyjosh
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 08:42 AM

<---Your Title Here--->

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,796

A what? Stoat?

So far in all the translation I've seen, he's either a ferret or an ermine. I say he's a ferret, since I can't pronounce "ermine" tongue.gif haha
Showsni
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 05:38 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 5,802

An ermine is a stoat. Stoats are normally brownish in colour, but during winter they get a white coat with a black tail tip instead, and they're then called ermines.

During winter, as an ermine:
user posted image

For the rest of the year:
user posted image

Ferrets, on the other hand, are a domesticated descendant of the polecat. Since ferrets aren't wild animals it's unlikely that Chamo is one, as he was living in the Welsh hills rather than as a pet to someone.
lzyjosh
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 02:35 AM

<---Your Title Here--->

Member No.: 5,796

Different names for different seasons? I see.

Oh, and your second picture looks alot like camo.
Bozu-kun
Posted: Aug 14 2006, 06:16 PM

THE Legendary Boya of AQS

Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE (Showsni @ Aug 12 2006, 03:38 PM)
An ermine is a stoat. Stoats are normally brownish in colour, but during winter they get a white coat with a black tail tip instead, and they're then called ermines.

During winter, as an ermine:
user posted image

For the rest of the year:
user posted image

Ferrets, on the other hand, are a domesticated descendant of the polecat. Since ferrets aren't wild animals it's unlikely that Chamo is one, as he was living in the Welsh hills rather than as a pet to someone.

Ho, ho, ho... You learn something new everyday...

So, why is Chamo-kun a constant ermine? It's not like Negima is set in a wintry scene...

My take on this is that Chamo-kun is a magical ermine! Bwahahaha! Yeah, besides he can talk human speech and do human things (collecting female lingerie is not normal human behavior).

Of course, everyone knew that already.
cypherzero
Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:35 AM

My voice is purgatory, I embody penalty for thy wayward soul

Member No.: 6,152

Guess im in too... Just for the Inugami though

Im a sucker for energies that come out from hands *cough*chidori, runes, the force, etc*cough*
naturesbless
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:17 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 6,310

Yaya a club for Negi and Kamo. Ok i want to ask something maby it has been asked already but ANYWAYS. In the scantalations he is called Kamo HOWEVER in the American version is Chamo... please enlighten me.
Well I thinK NEGI IS AWESOME!!!! I mean he is the MAIN character or at least one of the many..hundreds...thousands...too many. Especially in the latest episodes. Like father like son eh? Kotaru i wish i can do some Eastern Mysteries. Kage Bushin ftw (for the win). Kamo=perv ermine ;D. Well i'm sure his intentions are good...sort of..eh and also Kamo is a spirit ermine not a reg. Ermine in case you wanted to know (Bozu-kun) Well thats it... and yes i type alot because i type fast..hurray for fast typers
cypherzero
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:37 AM

My voice is purgatory, I embody penalty for thy wayward soul

Member No.: 6,152

I think it really is pronounced as Kamo, teh American dubs tend to uhmm... "Americanize" anime as much as possible...
naturesbless
Posted: Dec 26 2006, 01:24 PM

Advanced Magic User

its been a while since i typed on this thread. Yea i dont like the american dubs too much sometimes. Although Kenshin was good but thats for a different forum. I still read the english one tho because it has the extra stuff in the end XD i like the latin *im a geek I know!! dont have to rub it in dry.gif* well thats all and hurray for Negi in Negima!? his magic is so much more awesome now
LT Stormewalker
Posted: Jan 1 2007, 04:58 PM

Member No.: 5,757

Since this is a Kamo club I'll ask this here. What do you think Albert Chamomile did to get turned into an ermine? Sure he said that he was an Ermine Elf... but he also said that he collects underwear for his sister, so I don't consider what he says about his past to be the most reliable of information.
naturesbless
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 06:34 PM

Advanced Magic User

there's a rumor that Kamo is really just a spirit in an ermine's body. Thats what i think anyways >_> otherwise why else would he have to collect stuff for his sister unless his SISTER was the one he showed his magic to or something >_> either that or he was a mage and did some perverted stuff with his magic. who knows who know >_>
Strange_One
Posted: May 7 2008, 09:17 PM

I... I REALLY have a thing for Tsundere girls O_O

Member No.: 7,073

I've never really stepped into the fanclub section. But here I am. Time to register my favorite characters happy.gif

This one's been neglected for awhile eh?

Here's to one of the most awesome main character mascots ever! An animated patch from the Live Action really did not compare sad.gif

user posted image
ledah
Posted: May 8 2008, 12:01 PM

need help with psp

Member No.: 7,405

i agree with you , i prefer the one in that picture
Strange_One
Posted: Feb 6 2009, 08:43 PM

I... I REALLY have a thing for Tsundere girls O_O

Member No.: 7,073

Chamo's cousins go nuts back in England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7875271.stm
Bozu-kun
Posted: Mar 14 2009, 07:03 PM

THE Legendary Boya of AQS

Member No.: 5,619

Those are incredibly adorable =3 Despite his perverted hobbies, I still love him happy.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Negima Fan Club Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1425 seconds | Archive