InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Take a Colourer Test, Read the 1st post if you want one
kano
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 08:55 PM

AQSの漫画家

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 5,468

OK - I'm starting a separate thread for anyone who wants to take a test.
A few people have correctly commented that the other thread has "lost it's way" in that respect.
This thread is for people who want to take a test - NOT for training to trace and colour.
If you want a test, just ask and I'll supply one for you - DO NOT choose your own picture - ask for one.
HOWEVER: If we haven't heard from you before - please also post a link to the BEST pic you have done.
We'll tell you if you need to spend some time in the training thread first before we'll give you a test (if your pic isn't of a high enough standard)
If you are wondering what we consider to be high quality ... simply have a look through the AQS Negima scanlation extra folders.
If you want to learn about tracing and colouring - see the other thread.
I'll also update this post as necessary

NOTE:
If you spam in this thread your post WILL be deleted.
This is for asking for a test, posting your finished pic and AQS team members to comment on your finished pic (and maybe ask you questions)

Now some info about what happens (thanks to AgentMarth for suggesting this)
This is a difficult test for anyone who is not experienced in tracing and colouring.
The difficulty lies in the fact that we will not pass you unless your finished pic is of a reasonable standard.
The reason for this is that you can take as long as you like - so your final pic should be as good as you can possibly do.

IF YOU PASS
You will become a member of the AQS Colourist Team.
This requires you to be able to complete a picture pretty much every release and to also stay around and be involved in the discussion of other's pictures in the Colourists's Flying Fortress thread that's in the protected forums.

So don't ask for a test if you're not going to stick around and get involved ...
AgentMarth
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 09:31 PM

Colourist Regiment's Fanservice Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,495

You should probably add in like the standard that has to be reached when entering. For instance, approxomitly one picture a week, posting in the fortress to keep everyone updated, and something that we want to make sure doesn't happen, which is getting accepted then disappearing...

Basically what happens when you are accepted and what is expected of you.

Quick question though, are we all going to vote if they can make it in? Will it just be you? Athos? I don't think we want to intiminate people to much from joining, but AQS demands quailty, unlike vampire groups and such.

Feel free to edit this if you want Kano and just add it in to the first post if need be.

Btw - best to try and keep the spam down in this thread, if its not a nessecity to the thread, you should clear it out. *points up*
shaoron
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 10:53 PM

需要更多「です」

Member No.: 2,148

@kano
i think you should give each examinee a different picture to trace/color as well.

Kano says: Yes I will

This post has been edited by kano on Oct 1 2006, 10:56 PM
kano
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 08:19 PM

AQSの漫画家

And just so that people know that it really does happen ... monkey2k has passed the test he's been doing in secret
You'll find out about his pic later coz you're not allowed to see it yet smile.gif

Congrats monkey2k
Paradigm
Posted: Dec 29 2009, 03:27 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,974

Can I take a colourer test please?

This post has been edited by Paradigm on Dec 29 2009, 03:27 AM
kano
Posted: Dec 29 2009, 03:59 AM

AQSの漫画家

Firstly note that there is no Negima! colourist team anymore since AQS no longer releases Negima! scanlations.

QUOTE (Paradigm @ Dec 29 2009, 03:27 AM)
Can I take a colourer test please?

As per the first post that you should have read:
HOWEVER: If we haven't heard from you before - please also post a link to the BEST pic you have done.
We'll tell you if you need to spend some time in the training thread first before we'll give you a test (if your pic isn't of a high enough standard)
If you are wondering what we consider to be high quality ... simply have a look through the AQS Negima scanlation extra folders.

Yes I do know who you are, but you would still need to do that anyway.

Lastly, there is probably no point in doing this at the moment since there would be nothing to colour at the moment anyway (since there is no scanlation being done right now)

Ask me next time you talk to me tongue.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Editors Section | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1277 seconds | Archive