InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post )

What game are you currently playing?
SagittaMagica
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 12:59 AM

Death by Friendship!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,380

QUOTE (shaoron @ Apr 25 2011, 12:18 AM)
@SM
But... what about the cake!?

Valve did a good job of laying that aging meme to the grave...
though, I'd have to replay the game to give you a screen shot of that..

...There is this door where GLaDOS wants you to open, there is a sticker on that door telling something about cake, when you do try to open it, it turns out that the door is fake, which GLaDOS clearly rubs it in your face...

bah! with the cake... the Turrets Quarttet is moar awesome.
Oh wait... The Turret Opera is just as awesome! <==may be spoiler materiel if not finished with P2
shaoron
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 04:38 AM

需要更多「です」

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 2,148

*jawdrop*
SagittaMagica
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 12:54 PM

Death by Friendship!

[Spoiler=Yes Shao, Portal 2 has cake!]user posted image[/Spoiler]

And here are a compilation of the dialogue of some of the AI cores in Portal 2
Laughed my arse off the Fact Core

5th Playthrough of Portal 2 btw..

This post has been edited by SagittaMagica on Apr 25 2011, 12:55 PM
Boo
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 09:43 PM

Officially NOT Ken Akamatsu

Member No.: 5,640

Yes, I agree it was wise to not use the cake joke too much in this game.

I rly liked the game and mechanic-wise it is much better than portal 1. It's indeed great to see how all new elements are usually things that flow constantly from whatever's generating them, correcting Valve's (only?) mistake in the first game, the bouncing energy ball. It's way less timing-based than the first game for sure. You finish the game without having to face those long, annoying waits for anything to respawn.

Even though I liked all new elements equally, the most surprising one was, [Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]the white paint =)[/Spoiler]

I loved Wheatley, but I found him more funny at the first part of the game.

It's also surprising that they could make the whole game about GLADoS, even though in the first game I thought there was nothing else to add to her. Oh boy, talk about character development!

Still haven't started the Co-op campaign (ok, I admit it, I pirated it, but that's because I just bought a 3DS so I'm waiting for a price drop...)
shaoron
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 01:02 AM

需要更多「です」

need.. to get... game....
also.. i heard the developers are F**** SICK OF CAKE!
They also hate lemons apparently... but they will use them to burn your house down.
SagittaMagica
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 03:50 AM

Death by Friendship!

Arrr! there be 3GB rip around Arr!
I also got the 360 version.. for some coop BTW.

Anyways, yes Gabe Newell was sick of cake... but now loves potatoes heh.gif
I forgot where I read about that though... Was it Kotaku or GameInformer?

@Boo, there was one other "element" that didn't get through
[spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]There was supposedly another gel which when splashed on all the walls besides the floor , would allow the player to walk on them, this will also change the player's orientation which the devs blamed would make the player too confused or disoriented so they ended up not putting it in. Though that would have been good to have

Walking on walls removed from P2
[/spoiler]
I forgot the name of that indie game which Valve bought the devs of to have these mechanics on Portal2... I played that way back and it was very simple, yet very good(apparently for a school project).

[Spoiler=Anyone who played Portal 2, try to deny this:]Chell is the daughter of Aperture Science founder Cave Johnson and his assistant Caroline. Caroline became the main personality behind the very well loved/hated GLADoS.

Found in the potato exhibits, was one which got Chell's name on it (the huge Potato growing some huge non-moving "tentacles").
[/Spoiler]

And lastly, playing The Witcher... Getting ready for The Witcher 2 next month.
shaoron
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 07:51 AM

需要更多「です」

So in a sense of what you're saying is, SM... is that Mommy wants to kill daughter?
also.. ame-gay et-gay! 6.3 JIGGAWATTSBYTES!?

EDIT
Great... out of town and didn't bring a mouse and only a drawing tablet...

"manual override on a wall" right.. i'm gonna remember that....

This post has been edited by shaoron on Apr 26 2011, 09:03 AM
Boo
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 10:08 PM

Officially NOT Ken Akamatsu

Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE (SagittaMagica @ Apr 26 2011, 03:50 AM)
[Spoiler=Anyone who played Portal 2, try to deny this:]Chell is the daughter of Aperture Science founder Cave Johnson and his assistant Caroline.  Caroline became the main personality behind the very well loved/hated GLADoS.

Found in the potato exhibits, was one which got Chell's name on it (the huge Potato growing some huge non-moving "tentacles"). 
[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]People have been talking a lot about this, I am really fond of that theory but unfortunately there's no evidence that Caroline and Cave had a child together or that Chell's father is Cave. All we get to know is that Chell's father worked at aperture science.

Still, since the game touches on the subject of Chell's parents quite a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if inducing that theory was intentional; I was actually very frustrated at the chapter "the surprise"... For a moment there I thought the game would revolve on Chell trying to find out about her parents. Sadly, it was just GLADoS trolling.[/Spoiler]

This post has been edited by Boo on Apr 26 2011, 10:08 PM
shaoron
Posted: Apr 27 2011, 10:19 AM

需要更多「です」

@SM&Boo
I want you gone

Also.. nice twist at the end... especially when you're listening to what the white gel is made of... when they say shoot for the moon, they really do go all the way up!

Also.. I know batman can breath in space but....
SagittaMagica
Posted: May 3 2011, 10:37 AM

Death by Friendship!

Finished P3P(Persona 3 Portable) a few days ago, Female MC is cute... no wonder she became H-doujin fodder...

Currently playing Persona 4(UNDUB)
Yui Horie and Kugimiya Rie wooot!

I hope I can fuse-summon Izanagi no Okami again... that persona was particularly bad ass!
mikelord
Posted: May 4 2011, 12:15 PM

Member No.: 11,301

I would like to play following games when I am free

Call Of Duty 4
Test Drive 2 unlimted
EA FIFA
Kageho
Posted: May 10 2011, 01:16 PM

I Think I'm In Love, And You Can't Have Her

Member No.: 767

Currently dying in Persona 4. Stupid elemental weaknesses.
shanemorgan
Posted: May 18 2011, 04:23 PM

Member No.: 11,312

I ma currently playing Medal Of Honor on PC.This is really best first person shooting game to play.The story of the game is based on world war 2.The graphics of the game is awesome to play.The gameplay of the game is very easy to play.
kano
Posted: May 18 2011, 04:27 PM

AQSの漫画家

Member No.: 5,468

Another bot - kill the bots!
EM blast initiated ... please smile.gif
pheeph
Posted: May 20 2011, 02:10 AM

randomly thinking...

Member No.: 134

I'm playing an old game called Shogo: Mobile Armor Division and recording videos from that game...
jopchan121
Posted: May 23 2011, 05:26 PM

Homerun NOMNOMNOM .

Group: Moderator Team
Member No.: 55

Note to Kano: Please, when dealing with bots, PM instead of post about it. I'll see it more often that way.>_>

Playing Ar Tonelico 3(for Saki's 100% cosmosphere)
SagittaMagica
Posted: May 26 2011, 02:10 AM

Death by Friendship!

2 1/2 weeks into my 4 week gaming run...

PS2
Persona 4[UNDUB] : Finished, TRUE END
Shadow of the Colossus : Finished
Tales of the Abyss[UNDUB] : Finished, SOO Much better than the anime

XBoX360
Portal 2 : Single & Coop Finished

PC
Minecraft : Digging a 30x30 block vertical shaft is no easy task, not to mention starting at 90+ elevation doesn't help either. Current depth is around 70-esque

PSP
Project Diva 2nd, unlocked all songs, but cant clear extreme on most songs
Tekken 6, Lili pwns you
Ys Seven, currently playing
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 09:23 AM

Death by Friendship!

[Spoiler=2027 called, and they have Final Fantasy XXVII LOL]user posted image
Square Enix thinks that they will still be here by then... when they are having huge loses on their IPs *cough*Final*cough*Fantasy*cough*

[/Spoiler]

I played the leaked version of Deus Ex : Human Revolution (screen cap was from this game, developed by Eidos Montreal & published by Square Enix).
It lasted me almost 15 hours...

Despite the OBVIOUS bits of ported-from-consoles syndrome, the gameplay looks solid enough to hook you into the game.

I did play a bit of the original Deus Ex a long time ago, and from what I remember it pretty much nails down the atmosphere and gameplay, with a lot of tweaks.

Its one of the rare FPS/RPG hybrids, and it melds both, almost, seamlessly.
Here the inventory management is crucial because your inventory is gonna get filled very fast if you plan to stock up on weapons and ammo.
Ammo is hard to come by (Playing in the MOST Hardest Difficulty level, 'Give me Deus Ex'), and the A.I. will outright pursue and flank you if you blow your cover/get detected, maximize your ammo by well placed-headshots, or just get by with stealth, the choice is up to the player.
Jensen now has regenerative health, but is moot since he gets killed by 3-5 shots.
Actions net you EXP which in turn gives you Praxis points which are spent on the various abilites/skills called 'augments' that specialize in a wide variety of things, like active cloak, social interaction options, the ability to carry heavy objects and so on. Like ammo, these points are hard to come by and must be used only on the augs that are really needed for the players intended style of play (Why waste points on active cloak and stealth, when your play style is 'barge in guns-a-blazing?')

It may be because it is still beta, but this is one of the games I can play on DX11 BETTER than DX9, with the latter showing extensive stuttering... The downside with DX11 is the lower FPS (38-50 in DX11 vs 50-60 in DX9, 1440x900, edge AA, Dynamic Shadows, 4x AF, VSync, Triple Buffering).

No wonder the journalists, which were the true 'authorized' recipients of this build, were throwing it with praise... XD2.gif
shaoron
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 08:34 PM

需要更多「です」

@SM
They'll be making these games till end of time
so i guess i will play
these games till doomsday...

playing Fallout: New Vegas

This post has been edited by shaoron on Jun 8 2011, 08:41 PM
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:50 PM

Death by Friendship!

Backstabbing the sh!t out of the other newbie players in
Team Fortress 2...

An enemy medic Uber-charged me... lol!

Best online FPS I've ever played since the others I've played were shoddy crappy shooters like Special Force, War Rock, CrossFire, Operation 7 etc...
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 07:40 AM

Death by Friendship!

the Pyro was a good support class... then the Backburner and the Flare gun got unlocked...

W+m1 later, I AM DOMINATING ENEMY SPIES!!!!
... still enjoying Team Fortress 2.

BlueDo
Posted: Aug 2 2011, 01:00 PM

Not a hentai! <_<

Member No.: 8,926

Oh yeah, I started playing TF2, too.
Loving the pyro here too, but that's because I can't aim for my life.
I probably would do really well with the backburner, but gonna roll with the degreaser and axtinguisher to try to improve.

SM, add me on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bluedo

Also, anyone else playing Chantelise?
I just beat it.
lanciferis14
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 05:55 AM

I suddenly got interested in traps. Something is wrong.

Member No.: 8,937

Blazblue Continuum Shift II Portable... man I love fighting games but why won't it love me back (just like touhou games, touhou hates me real bad), man why? Why do I suck at fighting games?!
Captain Obvious
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 07:27 AM

Sensei

Member No.: 6

I just bought a PS3 with my tax return. I'm playing Red Dead Redemption atm.
Deviantspy
Posted: Aug 17 2011, 01:38 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 21

First time playing RDR? Get RDR: Undead Nightmare after you're done playing that. Trust me on this one.

Also I'm playing Catherine on hard, but the puzzles are too difficult for me. Love is over. sniffle.gif
SagittaMagica
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 08:13 AM

Death by Friendship!

150+ Hours spent on Monster Hunter Portable 3rd....

And still playing it...

Also, stuck in Montreal in Deus Ex : Human Revolutions.
I invested too heavily on hacking and stealth T_T
Deviantspy
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 04:03 PM

Magister Magi

I usually keep my upgrades to a medium. It's also helpful to invest in the punching wall upgrade early.

Augmenting is awesome. XD2.gif

user posted image

I don't always augment, but when I do, I prefer Deus Equis.
Deviantspy
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 12:28 PM

Magister Magi

Killing zombies in space with the new call of duty rezurrection zombie maps. At least now they can't run in zero gravity. Fly me to the moon~~~~
SagittaMagica
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 10:26 AM

Death by Friendship!

FINALLY Killed Amatsu (SOLO) in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd...
MY HANDS HURT!!!

Anyways, just got hooked on the Warhammer 40k universe...
Playing Dawn of War II...
Bozu-kun
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 05:21 AM

THE Legendary Boya of AQS

Member No.: 5,619

Killing Covenant bastards in Halo: Reach and trying to get all commendations maxed out in Firefight mode.

Also can't wait to play Dead Island, GoW 3 as well as the nostalgic Halo: CE Anniversary. =*w*=
SagittaMagica
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:18 PM

Death by Friendship!

Im playing TES-V:Skyrim on the PC
[Spoiler=Dark Elf(Lvl 30,Sneak/One-Handed Weapons/Archery specialization).]
user posted image[/Spoiler]
The 'castle' on the right-side(might have to squint to see it) is Whiterun, the mountain on the left is the Throat of the World, Skyrim's answer to Mars' Olympus Mons. And thats my character wearing the Nightingale Armor Set after completing the Thieves Guild Quest line...

Im staggering at the amount of available quests... silly.gif
So I might stop playing this for a while (Im already 40 Hours WTF?!), and play MW3.
Bozu-kun
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 11:50 AM

THE Legendary Boya of AQS

Member No.: 5,619

GoW3 was amazing. I can't wait to play more. Horde mode has really been polished up from previous titles and in general, the multiplayer aspect of the game is mind-blowing. As well, the mutators that can be unlocked to tweak the gameplay experience adds another layer of awesome on the cake.

Halo CE Anniversary was a slight disappointment. 343 Industries really did improve the graphics in general, but some things I felt were not that good. The brightness of the game is notable and makes spotting some hazards and weapons more difficult and takes away from the overall atmosphere of some levels.

That aside, it's nice to play the old game the way it was 10 years ago. Elites are hard to kill on Legendary and I don't miss that experience. Lol. Some tweaks were welcome and some left much to be desired. Tbh, I don't think 343 Industries lived up to Bungie's standards on the remake, but I'll reserve judgment for when Halo 4 arrives. Who knows how it'll fare?

At any rate, now that I'm back to some Guitar Hero 3 on my laptop and just chilling to the beat.
shaoron
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 10:35 AM

需要更多「です」

Started Skyrim, paused for MW3, almost done with it...
and then i'll be back to FUS RO DAH!!!!
Deviantspy
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 09:00 PM

Magister Magi

Played demon souls for an hour, then stopped playing because I hate dying. bash.gif
SagittaMagica
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 11:41 AM

Death by Friendship!

Playing Mass Effect 3 (Demo)

Impressions:
-The new sprint animation looks as if the characters have something up their arse.
-WTF?! I am seeing some very crappy 2d animation sprites(You can see these when you look down on the building during the initial Reaper invasion on earth), its 2012 already! The sprites used in DA looks a bit better than this! cmon Bioware!.
-TEXTURES!? seriously, the blood splatter effect in DA and DA2 were one thing, but with what they did, srsly?! WTF?!
-Everytime I see Lt. Cmdr & Spectre operative Ashley Williams... oh god.. slut and probably racist.
-Sure, the shotgun-wielding CQC infiltrator is nice to use... BUT Y NO SNIPER RIFLE FOR THE DEMO?!?!
-Apparently, all weapons can be used by Shepard on the go.. uhuh.. Im having mixed feelings with this. A Widow-weilding biotic would be nice, but the individuality of the classes are at stake here.
-The roll mechanic is nice, but I still hate how you have to aim properly where you want Shepard to stick on the wall/cover.
-Omni-knife(soldier)/Omni-punch(vanguard)/Omni-dual blades(infiltrator) AFAIK are actually cool, except when your target suddenly moves during the stab/slash/punch animation and you are left there like a sitting duck dry.gif
-The new powers/abilities system is definitely better than ME2s. Except the "Grenade Power" which is not unlimited.
-So, an evacuation ship the size of a small van gets shot down instantly by the reapers. A 'certain' Alliance reconnaissance ship almost the length of 2 football fields gets to fly around freely a midst all the gargantuan space squids with legs.... SRSLY?!
-The multiplayer broke my expectations. It was surprisingly good. Played as a Krogan Soldier with an OP charge bash ability and as a Drell Vanguard. Only two maps are available but it is ridiculously fun!
I cant wait for march...

Gonna play a couple of Dota2 matches now...
Deviantspy
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 03:45 PM

Magister Magi

Playing resident evil revelations on the 3DS. Replay value is great since the weapons and ammo you get can be brought over in new game plus. Monsters popping out in 3D also had me jumping a few times. Best 3DS game so far for me.
shaoron
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 08:02 PM

需要更多「です」

replaying ME1 and 2 cause i lost my save file.

This post has been edited by shaoron on Feb 20 2012, 08:10 PM
SagittaMagica
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 08:26 PM

Death by Friendship!

First thing... Tali.... turned out to be quite beautiful, and about EDI & Joker too... srsly, that was Japan-levels of awesome! so GJ there Bioware,

Second thing... WHY THE F*CK?!?! DID YOU MAKE TALI DO THAT?!?!
And on almost the same note, WHY YOU ALSO DO THAT TO LEGION!?!?!?!
Why did 2 of my most liked characters in the MEverse have to DIE... and apparently, Legion's is considered canon.. screw this sh!t!..

Go figure what I'm playing, I'm too depressed right now about a lot of things in this game, and I have not even finished it yet.. bash.gif

This post has been edited by SagittaMagica on Mar 9 2012, 08:51 PM
SagittaMagica
Posted: May 12 2012, 09:37 AM

Death by Friendship!

Traded 2 pcs Dota2 Invites for Portal2.. why?

BECAUSE THE PERPETUAL TESTING INITIATIVE & STEAMWORKS IS GOING TO MAKE PORTAL 2.... PERPETUALLY ENJOYABLE!!!

And I will do whatever it takes to [legally] obtain it... (I do have P2 for the 360.. but meh..)

This post has been edited by SagittaMagica on May 12 2012, 11:33 AM
Captain Obvious
Posted: May 29 2012, 06:06 AM

Sensei

Member No.: 6

Max Payne 3 on PS3. Finished the game but replaying each level for all the hidden items.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Game Room | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2837 seconds | Archive