zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (596) « First ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Latest Negima RAW Discussions, Thread contains spoilers
Motor Bug2005
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 12:54 PM

Experienced Magic User

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,983

QUOTE (AmIdiot @ Feb 26 2012, 05:42 PM)
"And I guess in a way, you�re both pretty similar�"

Based on that ambiuguous evidence, the name that Negi whispered to Asuna was most likely Nodoka, Yue, Setsuna, or Akira.

Less likely possibilities: Eva, Konoka, Chachamaru, Ku Fei, Satsuki

Probably not: Makie, Ako, Ayaka, Chisame, or anyone else who hasn't confessed to Negi.

"Give her a proper graduation!" would seem to disqualify Anya.

Like I said before if it were Nodoka or anybody who's feelings for Negi Asuna is already aware of, she wouldn't have reacted as strongly as she did. It's this reaction along with her comments that has pretty much convinced me that the girl Negi likes is either Chisame or Evangeline.

This post has been edited by Motor Bug2005 on Feb 26 2012, 12:56 PM
Maedhros
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:06 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 6,247

Are they still in Mars?

Er...

Waiting for this !@#* to end already. Sold the collection already (I'll keep it digital only).
Trowa
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:11 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,528

QUOTE (Chachazero @ Feb 26 2012, 11:23 AM)
That's my bet too. And...who do you ship?

Odd, I kinda thought folks knew I was a NegixAsuna shipper.(shrugs)

And damn it man, can't you let a guy dream?
Kogepan
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:03 PM

Member No.: 11,062

QUOTE (AmIdiot @ Feb 26 2012, 12:42 PM)
"And I guess in a way, you’re both pretty similar…"

Similar and graduation...

NOT similar: Konoka, Chachamaru, Ku Fei, Makie, Ako, Ayaka, Chisame, and so on.

NO graduation: Anya (and Shiori, Fate, and so on).

And no way, no hope for Asuna.

Probably not: Nodoka, and she can find somebody older in MW. heh.gif

Probably yes, but not too much possibility: Yue, and then problems come with Nodoka XD2.gif

Absolutely not: Setsuna, because Konoka is a very dangerous rival. heh.gif

Strange, but probably yes: Satsuki, because of cooking. whistle.gif

I think, yes: Eva, and then their descenants are the most powerful magicians. thumbs_up.gif And it is the way to escape from Mahora for Eva. "Proper graduation."

Probably yes: Akira, the silent, strong and sweet woman. shrug.gif

Probably not: Ako. Similar a bit, but... shrug.gif
Zeether
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:09 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 11,093

So will the identity of said girl be kept completely secret or will we actually find out in the next 2 chapters?
Motor Bug2005
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:11 PM

Experienced Magic User

QUOTE (Zeether @ Feb 26 2012, 07:09 PM)
So will the identity of said girl be kept completely secret or will we actually find out in the next 2 chapters?

Knowing Akamatsu-sensei I think we will find out who it is before the manga finishes.
Maedhros
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:18 PM

Magister Magi

Hoping it's Eva. I was a Nodoka supporter but Eva makes more sense right now.
Zeether
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:27 PM

Advanced Magic User

The other thing is...will Nagi and Arika show up? Even though the movie ending is alternate, I have the feeling Ken planned on having them show up at some point, asspull or not.
Chachazero
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 03:43 PM

Magister Magi

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 42

I'd have a lot of trouble with that. Nagi is still dealing with being the Lifemaker at this point. Arika maybe though.

At least they didn't just randomly appear during Graduation.

P.S.: What IS that ninth spell anyways? And what was the 8th spell? That lightning spear?
TnAdct1
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 04:34 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,055

QUOTE (Chachazero @ Feb 26 2012, 03:43 PM)
P.S.: What IS that ninth spell anyways? And what was the 8th spell? That lightning spear?

Another reason why it was a bad idea to have the Magic World arc be the final "major" arc in the story.
Maedhros
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 04:51 PM

Magister Magi

I'd have a lot of trouble with that. Nagi is still dealing with being the Lifemaker at this point. Arika maybe though.

We'll NEVER know, unless Akamatsu continues the series (the chances are ZERO though).
scorpiowolf
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 09:18 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 7,025

QUOTE (Maedhros @ Feb 26 2012, 04:51 PM)
I'd have a lot of trouble with that.  Nagi is still dealing with being the Lifemaker at this point.  Arika maybe though.

P.S.: What IS that ninth spell anyways?  And what was the 8th spell?  That lightning spear?

We'll NEVER know, unless Akamatsu continues the series (the chances are ZERO though).

That's not entirely un-possible one of my fav manga HSDK is a spin-off of an earlier version of itself, To Love-Ru has a sequel series thats imo better and more consistant then the original, and I even know of a shoujo series that stopped abruptly in one mag(because of contract disputes, like I figure is going on here) and picked right back up in another with only a slight change in name. Optimistically we could see a version of Negima with a trimmed down or rotating cast which would be easier to manage then trying to give all 31 classmates and supporting chara attention.

But like I said this smells like KA was unhappy with the terms of his contract renewal so he decided to go elsewhere, and depending on the manga's popularity and KA's willingness to continue it we might see more of Negi & co. in the future.
APN
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 09:21 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 11,273

shaoron
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 09:25 PM

需要更多「です」

Member No.: 2,148

QUOTE (AmIdiot @ Feb 27 2012, 01:42 AM)
"And I guess in a way, you�re both pretty similar�"

Based on that ambiuguous evidence, the name that Negi whispered to Asuna was most likely Nodoka, Yue, Setsuna, or Akira.

Less likely possibilities: Eva, Konoka, Chachamaru, Ku Fei, Satsuki

Probably not: Makie, Ako, Ayaka, Chisame, or anyone else who hasn't confessed to Negi.

Setsuna unlikely... KonoSetsu is one true pairing tongue.gif

Given how Chisame was in one of the "past pictures" i say she's the most likely candidate.

And as a special bonus i mention that to ANNOY A CERTAIN SOMEONE IF SHE'S LURKING...
awww..... sad.gif

Also, i feel akamatsu wasted the potential of having TWO Eva

This post has been edited by shaoron on Feb 26 2012, 10:11 PM
Enjou
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:09 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 8,195

I have to wonder if any of Asuna's reaction is just her trolling Negi to cause a scene. (and KA trolling us to get us to speculate)

This post has been edited by Enjou on Feb 26 2012, 10:10 PM
Chachazero
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:26 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 42

This definitely smells like an Evangeline end to me.
Trowa
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 11:09 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,528

@scorpy Something to consider about HSDK's prequal and TLR.

1. HSDK's prequal was likely the authors way of testing the waters. To see if he could actually write that sort of story.

2. TLR ended because the author was going through a NASTY divorce.

@shao I feel your pain, I miss her too. I could really use one of her rants right now.

As for the chapter.

I have mixed feelings now. I'm half hopeing it's really Asuna and Akamatsu is screwing with me/us on another level than he already is. Otherwise I could go with him ending up with Eva-chan with Chisame a distant third.

This post has been edited by Trowa on Feb 26 2012, 11:10 PM
Zeether
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 12:52 AM

Advanced Magic User

After reading the scanlations...honestly, I cannot say this is the Xebec ending all over again. The Xebec ending didn't have the chance to go as far as this did and with 2 chapters left, ANYTHING can happen.

If Ken decides down the road to do another Negima series, so be it. If not, well, whatever. I'm sure he'll think of some way to address questions fans have, like "what's the 9th spell" and Ako's scar. He does have a Facebook fan page after all.

Sydney2K
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:37 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5

Mahou Sensei Negima! Period 353

Divshare file: http://www.divshare.com/download/16892031-6ab
Rapidshare file: https://rapidshare.com/files/573950870/Negima353.zip
Uploaded.to file: http://ul.to/1bsf7wlk

Widya Santoso
World Turtle
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:42 AM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 11,075

Whoever it is I hope it's a Darkhorse Victory. I don't want it to be someone too obvious.

My prediction is the end of 554 Negi confesses to the girl he likes, who is off-screen. 555 starts with a flashback detailing the moment Negi fell for this girl-with the last panel revealing who it is. Before switching to her reaction. Which Negi assumes is negative, he apologizes for bothering her and runs off giving the girl he confessed too time to think (this is all off-screen obviously), she later tracks him down and gives him her response.

Of course Negi "running off" depends if it is someone other then say Nodoka or Yue. If it were Chisame or Akira yeah he'd run off till they tracked him down.

This post has been edited by World Turtle on Feb 27 2012, 02:48 AM
Danurai
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:09 AM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 8,899

DAT ANTICLIMAX.

That said now I'm more annoyed that KA's tried his hardest to make Negi aim for someone unexpected just to please the fans with a surprise ending. As for me I hope it's all dope the rope and he still pulls an AsunaxNegi end for divine justice.

Eva would be acceptable, Makie might be acceptable for me also, Kufei is the only other one I could accept.

But for me lets face it, Asunas always liked Negi, it all began with Asuna, and Negi trusts her the most, enough to tell her who he liked.
I just hope that who he likes and who he ends up with in this case are different, if the one he likes is really someone other than Asuna, he couldve just lied to troll though so who knows.

This post has been edited by Danurai on Feb 27 2012, 03:12 AM
shaoron
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:15 AM

需要更多「です」

Member No.: 2,148

QUOTE (World Turtle @ Feb 27 2012, 03:42 PM)
Whoever it is I hope it's a Darkhorse Victory. I don't want it to be someone too obvious.

and then he says it's zazie...

Chisame: What kinds ****y ending is this? There's not even a hint of foreshadowing!

anyway.. why do i feel a to-love-ru ending here complete with "Mahou Sensei Negima: Darkness"?

This post has been edited by shaoron on Feb 27 2012, 03:16 AM
Balthazars
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:15 AM

The Insane Philosopher

Member No.: 5,080

Wow. Akamatsu really went and did it.

As I predicted, Asuna getting sealed away, all that emotion, all just a stunt. Nothing but a cheap trick. In the end, it was meaningless, because Asuna came back less than a minute after going. The only thing I got wrong in my prediction (going back in time to 'redo the future') is that instead of time travel, this time Akamatsu went with dimension hopping. Ugh, I was right, it's not very satisfying and feels cheap. I'm honestly disappointed.

The rest of the chapter itself is okay, its the right kind of tone of what I really enjoyed about Negima - the light hearted romance, although the mass stripping was a bit unnecessary (it also confirms that in the timeskip leading up to Asuna getting sealed all of the girls got their pactios, so yet more stories missed out on).

As for the mystery girl, well, the reaction suggests that it is not Asuna.

My theories:
1) Anya - the 'dark horse' given she was introduced then vanished. It would be logical given Negi's age and it would negate conflict within the class, allowing a 3A 'happy class' end.

2) Eva- the match is there because of the immortality thing, but given the way the 'alternate dimension' Eva spoke, her heart still well and truly belongs to Nagi. It doesn't sound like they were together in the original Asuna-sealed timeline.

3) Chisame - the one who ultimately spent the most time being close to, and trusted by Negi. She was one of the first to be introduced as having a bond with Negi beyond Asuna, and the only one who kept it consistently (essentially replacing Asuna during the MW arc, having more interaction than other early runnings like Nodoka and Makie, and in well before latecomers like Chachamaru and Ku Fei). She is also one of the most sensible, and would keep Negi 'grounded', in that sense, she is one of the few people in the class you feel would be stable enough to maintain a relationship.

4) Akira - my personal bias, but it's because I feel she is the one character who has a relationship with Negi more stable and ultimately 'real' than Chisame. Her affection for Negi grew gradually over time starting at the time of the Festival arc, and she gradually grew to be more connected and trusted by Negi, cultimating in her being the main 'stand up for Negi' member of the class, and his last on-panel pactico. The true dark horse, but also the one who would be my favoured outcome.

Anyway, Negima has brought me some good memories - Akamatsu can do some pretty decent shonen action stuff, and his touch with the light-hearted rom-com comedy is still pretty good, but I have to say the ending will not be getting my approval, it is full of gimmicks, cheap stunts and is certainly leaving me unsatisfied so far. 2 chapters to go, its going to take a big turnaround.
victorrama
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:11 AM

Semi - otaku

Member No.: 11,274

I Myself wanted either Nodoka or Chisame ...

Another + point for Chisame, she's 99% Narusegawa from LH...
Whoever the girl is, at least Ken Paired him, i don't want another harem ending....
BakaRanger
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 12:02 PM

High Level Magic User

Member No.: 5,856

One reason for Eva getting the final flag is she is often shown with Chao. Even in the future, she is hanging around her favorite Granddaughter. whistle.gif

That said, if it isn't Asuna, then I'd prefer Chu-sama. But asking a 10 year old boy who he likes doesn't mean he will marry the girl in the future. I mean how many people did you grow up with that are married to the person they had a crush on in elementary school?
Petefoz
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:39 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 6,322

The way I see it, it's still wide open. Asuna's reaction was interesting when Negi said it was her and ater he whispers, I got the impression it might even be Chacha. But in the end Asuna's "The future is a blank page and everyone has a chance" convinced me it is still all up for grabs.

Anyway, how could any 10 year old boy really appreciate the deep and meaningful relationship you can have with a girl who can stand with one leg raised above her head laugh.gif Any decision he comes to now could (if KA desires it to be) subject to change as Negi grows to understand the "adult world" more. tongue.gif
Wesley Nichols
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:29 PM

Experienced Magic User

Member No.: 10,896

Truthfully, I am also disappointed with the way the ending to the series is going. Ever since, Asuna was rescued from Kosmo-E has been either rushed or aimless.

I am also disapointed if doesn't end up with Asuna not simply because I am a HUGE Asuna x Negi Shipper, but also because the series was innitially pointing that in that direction (Asuna Getting embarrassed when Negi initially asks her to come with him to look for his Nagi in the Magic World, Shiori commenting on Asuna's feelings for Negi ect.)

I am also going to be disappointed if it turns out Negi really did sacrifice Asuna to save the Magic World, because it feels REALLY out of character. Negi has always put himself through great hardship to protect his students.

What I am hoping for now is that what looks like a cop out is Negi decieving Asuna and his students into thinking Asuna went through the process using some mind decieving magic similiar to the pactio card Zazie Rainnyday's sister used on Negi and Co (can't remember her name, sorry heh.gif ) And that the second Eva, Chao, and Negi are actually a few of Negi's under a spell similiar to Shiori's bookmark (maybe the eigth spell Asuna and Negi were talking about eyebrow1.gif )

The only two things that hint at my HIGHLY UNLIKELY theory coming true, is how guilty Negi looks when he sees how upset his students are that they will never see Asuna again, and the image I think come from chapter 354 (Where the girls attack Negi, because his head is full of Rakan, Nagi and Keitaro) because it can be used to show that Negi is really Kentarou put under a spell (which is why he is thinking about Kentarou so much.

Highly unlikely, I know. The theory was born from the Magic World arc, when Rakan told Negi that Nagi saved the world, but couldn't save one little girl (I think he was referring to Asuna) and that this time NEGI should be the one to save her. The other scene that gave rise to this theory was when Nego told Fate that he had an idea to save the Magic World that would take seven years and Fate should work with him to this goal.

I think that it had originally been planned for Negi to take Asuna's place in the process, because after being reborn from Baptization of Darkness, he can now be used in the process that Asuna was used in (Fate comments that Negi's energy now feels like the Mage of the Beginnings).

Truthfully, it looks like Ken Akumatsu decided to the series short and end it as quickly as possible sniffle.gif Didn't someone say Ken was having problems at home?

While I AM HOPING for a Mahou Sensei Negima: Darkness, I think this is very unlikely

Strange_One
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:07 PM

I... I REALLY have a thing for Tsundere girls O_O

Member No.: 7,073

While I did think time travel was the only way - shitty JJAbrams multiverse is shitty.

Sure, maybe Chao could come from the 'original' dimension - that I would have have thought doesn't exist but multiverse says it does - but why bring Asuna from sad end world to this world where there already is an Asuna holding the Magic World together!?

Interestingly, this means Chao is original world exclusive as there is no hint that she exists in this and the previous dimension. So no kids or ends up with someone else or his kids end up with someone else?

I'm glad Ken at least did not go for the female lead but...
"Wow, why did I never think of that?" = ASUNA never thought of it
"You are both the same kind of people..." = thinks their similarities may conflict.

The only possibilities that come to mind are actually girls that score relatively mid range on my combined lovepoints/likelihood of a relationship scale.

So... Akira?
Maedhros
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:57 PM

Magister Magi

QUOTE (Danurai @ Feb 27 2012, 03:09 AM)
DAT ANTICLIMAX.

That said now I'm more annoyed that KA's tried his hardest to make Negi aim for someone unexpected just to please the fans with a surprise ending. As for me I hope it's all dope the rope and he still pulls an AsunaxNegi end for divine justice.

Eva would be acceptable, Makie might be acceptable for me also, Kufei is the only other one I could accept.

But for me lets face it, Asunas always liked Negi, it all began with Asuna, and Negi trusts her the most, enough to tell her who he liked.
I just hope that who he likes and who he ends up with in this case are different, if the one he likes is really someone other than Asuna, he couldve just lied to troll though so who knows.

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Your bitter tears will be delicious!
Balthazars
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 05:13 AM

The Insane Philosopher

Member No.: 5,080

QUOTE (Strange_One @ Feb 27 2012, 03:07 PM)
While I did think time travel was the only way - shitty JJAbrams multiverse is shitty.

Sure, maybe Chao could come from the 'original' dimension - that I would have  have thought doesn't exist but multiverse says it does - but why bring Asuna from sad end world to this world where there already is an Asuna holding the Magic World together!?

Interestingly, this means Chao is original world exclusive as there is no hint that she exists in this and the previous dimension. So no kids or ends up with someone else or his kids end up with someone else?

I'm glad Ken at least did not go for the female lead but...
"Wow, why did I never think of that?" = ASUNA never thought of it
"You are both the same kind of people..." = thinks their similarities may conflict.

The only possibilities that come to mind are actually girls that score relatively mid range on my combined lovepoints/likelihood of a relationship scale.

So... Akira?

Makes sense to me! heh.gif

Of course, the other person who is arguably the 'same kind of person' as Negi is.... Yotsuba. Now thatwould be a twist! XD2.gif
Strange_One
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 07:33 AM

I... I REALLY have a thing for Tsundere girls O_O

Member No.: 7,073

QUOTE (Balthazars @ Feb 28 2012, 10:13 AM)
Of course, the other person who is arguably the 'same kind of person' as Negi is.... Yotsuba. Now thatwould be a twist! XD2.gif

Hrmm... well. Would be totally unexpected, but we saw so little of them together :/

Akira + Negi however - I recall that skit of Negi and Arika ( ohmy.gif ) across the table in his room. A lot of awkward umming and ahhing and not much happening despite the forcing of the bakas that may interrupt.

Similar - may conflict a bit, not known amongst the girls to be in the Negi raeping club. Asuna immediately tells him to go on the offensive.

"Really nice" eh Negi? eh? eh?
*wink wink**nudge nudge**elbow elbow*
darkmage35
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 07:56 AM

Member No.: 10,956

C'mon Bolivian Army Ending...
Mike Eternity
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 01:17 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 7,110

Just got around to c353.

Well... time travel was expected and dimensional travel doesn't come too far from the left field.

While it's sad that KA skipped five months development (and at least three pactios), IMO the only mistake KA made was to bring Asuna directly back to the time of her departure, thus wasting the emotional build-up of the previous two chapters. I'd have made up some technobabble reason and sent her back to a later point in time. I would have spent at least one chapter on showing the anguish of the class without Asuna. Well, whatever.

353 felt like a last chapter, so I predict the last two chapters to be epilogue-type chapters. Similar to how Akamatsu ended Love Hina.
TnAdct1
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 01:19 PM

Magister Magi

My top three guesses on whom Negi has feelings for (along with Love Hina characters that would best associate with these picks):

The Naru choice: Chisame. Besides being another character alongside of Asuna that is modelled after Ken Akamatsu's "hot wife" (complete with her cosplaying trait), the girl has pretty much become a conscience for Negi ever since the Magic World arc. Also, Rakan pretty much stated that she was the one that was closest to Negi throughout the whole Magic World ordeal (and will still be close to Negi in his plan to build the space elevator).

The Shinobo choice: Nodoka. Like I'm really going to let this ship sink. Given how outside of the Sports Festival arc she's been "quiet" for most of the post-Magic World antics, Ken Akamatsu may be saving up Nodoka for the end and have her be the one that Negi has feelings for (especially given the reaction he has when both her and romance pop up in the same thought).

The Motoko choice: Akira. She's one of the few girls that Negi commented on before the Magic World arc, she pretty much sided with Negi during the "Sports Festival" crap, and the Love Calculator has her (and Nodoka) as the students most likely to have a successful relationship with Negi. Need anymore reasons for this choice?

Of course, given all the crap we've seen in the last few chapters, I wouldn't be surprised if Ken Akamatsu doesn't reveal the person that Negi has feelings for and instead has the last two chapters be focused on something else.

This post has been edited by TnAdct1 on Feb 28 2012, 02:35 PM
Sunspot
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 01:32 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 3,337

This whole undressing scene pretty much sums up the way I feel about this chapter: totally unnecessary, out of place, inappropriate and not funny. And also for Eva to go all the way to parallel dimension to find Lingshen and take the time machine (so that certain nongirlfriend of the certain son of her last love can come back) just out of the kindness of her 500 years old undead vampire hart. What`s up with that?
Motor Bug2005
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 02:17 PM

Experienced Magic User

QUOTE (TnAdct1 @ Feb 28 2012, 06:19 PM)
My top three guesses on whom Negi has feelings for (along with Love Hina characters that would best associate with these picks):

The Naru choice: Chisame. Besides being another character alongside of Asuna that is modelled after Ken Akamatsu's "hot wife" (complete with her cosplaying trait), the girl has pretty much become a conscience for Negi ever since the Magic World arc. Also, Rakan pretty much stated that she was the one that was closest to Negi throughout the whole Magic World ordeal (and will still be close to Negi in his plan to build the space elevator).

The Shinobo choice: Nodoka. Like I'm really going to let this ship sink. Given how outside of the Sports Festival arc she's been "quiet" for most of the post-Magic World antics, Ken Akamatsu may be saving up Nodoka for the end and have her be the one that Negi has feelings for (especially given the reaction he has when both her and romance pop up in the same thought).

The Motoko choice: Akira. She's one of the few girls that Negi commented on before the Magic World arc, she pretty much sided with Negi during the "Sports Festival" crap, and the Love Calculator has her (and Nodoka) as the students most likely to have a successful reactionship with Negi. Need anymore reasons for this choice.

Of course, given all the crap we've seen in the last few chapters, I wouldn't be surprised if Ken Akamatsu doesn't reveal the person that Negi has feelings for and instead has the last two chapters be focused on something else.

This pretty much sums up my view on who the girl Negi likes should be but the real spanner in the works as far as I'm concerned is the fact that Eva's manga pactio card was bundled with Volume 36 LE which to me at least could suggest that we're getting an Eva pactio very soon and may I dare say a possible confession from Negi.

This post has been edited by Motor Bug2005 on Feb 28 2012, 03:56 PM
World Turtle
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 04:36 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 11,075

Doesn't Asuna's comment "I never thought of that" Discount Eva though? I mean if Haruna, Yuna, and even freakin Makie thought of her as a possibility. Surely Asuna would have as well?

I want to know what Asuna meant by being "similar" that it might make the relationship difficuilt to work out.

That either means

a: there both too nice, they'd both drag their feet, waiting for the other to make the first move. (In this case it's most likely Akira. She's also kept herself under the radar rather well. I don't think anyone short of maybe Chamo has considered her.)

or

b: they're both stubborn when it comes to doing things their way they'll butt heads too much or because they have their own goals they won't be able to commit time to each other.

Also their "similarity" will make the relationship difficuilt to work. Eva bosses Negi around regularly and he typically folds to her and though he and Chisame have their disagreements she seems to take his lead more often then not. So though I won't discount them entirely I'm not sure if it's them.

Of course there is the possibility Akamatsu was trolling us there or all that stuff Asuna said was to mislead Chamo.

This post has been edited by World Turtle on Feb 28 2012, 04:54 PM
Motor Bug2005
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 05:34 PM

Experienced Magic User

After reading some messages on the Negima TVTropes forum I've now developed a fear that Negi actually whispered Asuna's name to her in the latest chapter and then she covered it up by pretending he said someone else's name. Of course this maybe just me being paranoid.
Zeether
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 07:42 PM

Advanced Magic User

Honestly, if Ken HAD chosen to do one of the stories he skipped over in the roster thing, how many people would start to complain and want to know if Asuna would be sealed or not, saying it's dragging on longer than expected?

I'd love to see at least one story covered post-manga ending, maybe as some J-Comi only thing that will get a print release later on, but if it was something that came up before then I don't think I'd want it to continue while the thing about Asuna is still hanging over the readers' heads. Yeah, it might be cool to find out more about Zazie or something else, but would you seriously want to read about 10-20 (or hell, even 50 if it becomes its own arc) chapters of material when there's a situation involving someone super important to the well being of the magic world still at hand? I don't think I would.

This is just my opinion on the whole thing.

Also...I really, really, REALLY hate to burst the bubble of people who love Negi and Nodoka as a couple, but I cannot see it happening. The moments they had together were cute, but I don't think Nodoka is nearly as affectionate toward Negi as some of the other girls have. The same applies for Yue. They blush, they kiss, they act slightly lovey-dovey but I don't think it's a true relationship. Again, this is totally my opinion, if Nodoka does end up with Negi then I'd be very surprised...but as of now, I don't see it happening.

The chapter's end text seems to imply another time skip too. I think we will know who Negi ends up with, and maybe an appearance by Nagi and Arika.

This post has been edited by Zeether on Feb 28 2012, 07:48 PM
TnAdct1
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 10:19 PM

Magister Magi

QUOTE (Zeether @ Feb 28 2012, 07:42 PM)
Also...I really, really, REALLY hate to burst the bubble of people who love Negi and Nodoka as a couple, but I cannot see it happening. The moments they had together were cute, but I don't think Nodoka is nearly as affectionate toward Negi as some of the other girls have. The same applies for Yue. They blush, they kiss, they act slightly lovey-dovey but I don't think it's a true relationship. Again, this is totally my opinion, if Nodoka does end up with Negi then I'd be very surprised...but as of now, I don't see it happening.

If that does happen in the manga, then probably expect a lot of upset Nodoka fans, as she's pretty much the only one of the "main" girls who hasn't got any true "epilogue" time here (with the whole "saving who Negi likes until the end" thing being the possible reason why she hasn't gotten a major epilogue moment yet).

This post has been edited by TnAdct1 on Feb 28 2012, 10:46 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Negima! Magister Negi Magi | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (596) « First ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1588 seconds | Archive