Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (596) « First ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Latest Negima RAW Discussions, Thread contains spoilers
APN
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 06:00 PM

Advanced Magic User

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,273

Just one more day till Weekly Shonen Magazine goes on sale, and then we will finally hear Ken's responses to the criticisms for the last chapter.
chaosprophettk
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 06:56 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 6,935

QUOTE (Petefoz @ Mar 13 2012, 06:20 PM)
Not quite.

Chao's existance does not prove that Negi does the baby making thing in any time-line apart from the one Chao herself exists in.  It does prove that he did, in the time-line which came about "naturally" after the Mahora festival, since she had only time travel at that point.  Now she has dimensional travel as well, the actions that produced her do not have to happen in this time-line at all. 

Time travel knocks cause and effect into a cocked hat, dimensional travel even more so.  From a being able to predict the way the plot is going point of view, it is a real killer.

Actually on the chapter where Chao explains about timelines, she does tell us that she is from the original timeline we barely know about. Then she uses her time machine to travel to the past of that timeline which already creates a branch on the timeline and a new one is born, the one where the manga was for most chapters (a timeline where there is a chao in the past, where chachamaru is created, etc).

So my point is, we can only be sure that Chao was born on the timeline she came from, but we don't even know if she was able to be born on the common timeline for most of the manga, nor in the third timeline where Asuna goes to the past after being unsealed.

This post has been edited by chaosprophettk on Mar 13 2012, 06:58 PM
Kageho
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 07:47 PM

I Think I'm In Love, And You Can't Have Her

Member No.: 767

QUOTE (Maron @ Mar 13 2012, 07:00 AM)
QUOTE (Kageho @ Mar 13 2012, 08:31 AM)
Stupid executive meddling. I would kill to have seen how everything would eventually worked out.

No executive meddling, Ken chose to end the series at this point.

I find that hard to believe it was choice he wanted to make. No writer ever wants to build up a story to this point, then drop an ending like that. It kills any chances of someone liking your next piece of work who was reading that.

Oh well, it'll probably eventually get out why it became like that. Nothing stays a secret in this day and age.

QUOTE (TnAdct1 @ Mar 13 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Kageho @ Mar 13 2012, 09:31 AM)
Also, you could point out who turned Negi back to human form originally when he supposedly lost it and add that in there.

Um, no. The ones that turned Negi back to normal when he originally lost it were Nodoka (via reminding him of her feelings towards him) and Chisame (via slapping him).

Hm. I was more trying to mean when Eva induced him into his demon form and he lost his mind due to that. However, the way I worded it does indeed make one think that. I apologize for that. Not what I intended.

I think it was 280s, like 285 or 286, that has him suffering in his demon form after nearly killing Ako, but in that chapter all it took from Makie was saying to him it was alright and holding his hands for him to turn normal.
TnAdct1
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 09:05 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,055

QUOTE (APN @ Mar 13 2012, 07:00 PM)
Just one more day till Weekly Shonen Magazine goes on sale, and then we will finally hear Ken's responses to the criticisms for the last chapter.

Actually, it's already Wednesday in Japan (a little past 11:00 AM, to be more percise).
Maedhros
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 10:12 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 6,247

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 13 2012, 07:07 AM)
By god, the fail...

Not sure if trolling... hmm.gif

I'll be waiting for it, and I hope this forum won't just die 'coz i liked it here, maybe AQS can start a new project so we can talk about it while waiting for the next KA series?

You'd have to talk to Aqua about it. Last I spoke to him he wasn't terribly interested, but wasn't very active on the scans side of things either, and wanted to wrap up the last of the fansubbing projects. No idea when the last time I saw him on the forums was, even when I was active I don't recall him being around much. But I do know he's quite busy IRL, which explains a good deal of it.

Of course, the scan team is rather autonomous so they could pick something up themselves, but it's probably something that should be run by Aqua before attaching his forum name to it.

It's just one more to the batallion of people who didn't liked the ending.
Trowa
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 10:35 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,528

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 13 2012, 05:20 PM)
or a few extra-long FMA-style final chapters.

I'd actually have prefered the last 5 chapters be 30ish pages. Even if we had to wait for them. It at least would've given him the room to show more of the stuff that happened.

Although an extra 10 chapters sounds pretty good to. It definately would've given him room for a better ending imo.

This post has been edited by Trowa on Apr 8 2012, 01:16 PM
the_one092001
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:20 PM

So I herd u liek mudkipz?

Member No.: 4,603

I'd actually have prefered the last 5 chapters be 30ish pages. Even if we had to wait for them. It at least would given him the room to show more of the stuff that happened.

Although an extra 10 chapters sounds pretty good to. It definately would've given himm room for a better ending imo.

My friend was strongly betting that would happen. He guessed Akamatsu would stretch the third-to-the-last chapter to finish Volume 38, then drop two long chapters to fill enough of a Volume 39 to print, but I thought that was unlikely when Akamatsu said he'd be finishing on a normal schedule. Unless he'd been stashing extra pages this entire time, he wouldn't have been able to churn out extra-length chapters in the time he had left. He has a rather predictable pace.

And the irony is not lost on me that I post more here in this board (where my posts count) now than I did when the manga was actually running.
Trowa
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:44 PM

Magister Magi

Aint irony something.tongue.gif

Though I'm not sure we can do here what we did in the Seed/Destiny thread and extend this one for awhile. We bs'd about alot of little things in there. whistle.gif
the_one092001
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 12:51 AM

Though I'm not sure we can do here what we did in the Seed/Destiny thread and extend this one for awhile. We bs'd about alot of little things in there.

There are no technical aspects for me to compare, so no, I doubt there is as much for me to do here.
conman
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:00 AM

Ruu \o/

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 7,163

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:07 PM)
By god, the fail...

Not sure if trolling... hmm.gif

I'll be waiting for it, and I hope this forum won't just die 'coz i liked it here, maybe AQS can start a new project so we can talk about it while waiting for the next KA series?

You'd have to talk to Aqua about it. Last I spoke to him he wasn't terribly interested, but wasn't very active on the scans side of things either, and wanted to wrap up the last of the fansubbing projects. No idea when the last time I saw him on the forums was, even when I was active I don't recall him being around much. But I do know he's quite busy IRL, which explains a good deal of it.

Of course, the scan team is rather autonomous so they could pick something up themselves, but it's probably something that should be run by Aqua before attaching his forum name to it.

No, I was seriously unimpressed by the ending. Something didn't feel right... it was almost like a protest ending by Ken to his publishers for... something - maybe they objected to how and when he wanted to end it? I can't really put my finger on it but it didn't even feel like it belonged to the series it was so out of place.

As for doing another project... I'd still love to keep doing the project we started, but with only PeteFoz and myself being the only scanlation staff left that would be ready for active duty, it's not going to happen. I gave up advertising for more staff years ago as we never ever got anyone responding but those who already were here and took up different roles - that's why we stalled and then dropped Negima, and that's why we're permanently stalled on Haruka now.
Rhyshaelkan
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 08:09 AM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 6,610

You are correct. After reading the scanlations I was thinking of saying. "Ok I buy all that." But then the questions well up again.

Mother Arika?

The Grave Master?

To a lesser degree, Luna?

Come now. Some glaring holes yet.

I can buy it that Negi/Asuna and the others could defeat/imprison/etc The Life Maker. However that does not answer the questions of certain important characters.

On the other hand c.354 is the kind of chapter I want to see for the next bazillion years. Good to see Yue. Good to see Paio 2. Good to see some action. Yue's point blank incantless JTF was excellent. Right up there with Negi's against Rakan.

This post has been edited by Rhyshaelkan on Mar 14 2012, 08:10 AM
Petefoz
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 08:23 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 6,322

The last page showing the laying down of pactio items reminds me of the similar laying down of arms you sometimes see at ceremonies to mark the end of a war. I might be very wrong but it could be to show that AK is ended his battle, either with the story itself or his publishers.
Kogepan
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 09:49 AM

Member No.: 11,062

QUOTE (victorrama @ Mar 12 2012, 10:23 PM)

...and volume 0, for chance?...
the_one092001
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 09:14 PM

As for doing another project... I'd still love to keep doing the project we started, but with only PeteFoz and myself being the only scanlation staff left that would be ready for active duty, it's not going to happen. I gave up advertising for more staff years ago as we never ever got anyone responding but those who already were here and took up different roles - that's why we stalled and then dropped Negima, and that's why we're permanently stalled on Haruka now.

Having significantly improved my Fireworks skills for the purposes of churning out artwork for cons, I may finally be able to apply as an editor, but my nihongo is not anywhere close to good enough to do TL work. From what I recall we had no problem finding proofreaders, or at least applicants.
victorrama
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 04:08 AM

Semi - otaku

Member No.: 11,274

...and volume 0, for chance?...

That would be a good idea......

Now then it's released, what did he said??
conman
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 04:13 AM

Ruu \o/

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:14 PM)

Having significantly improved my Fireworks skills for the purposes of churning out artwork for cons, I may finally be able to apply as an editor, but my nihongo is not anywhere close to good enough to do TL work. From what I recall we had no problem finding proofreaders, or at least applicants.

It would need to be good enough to do all the artwork. That would mean cleaning, rebuilding, typesetting, and it requires MANY hours of spare time to dedicate for each chapter. It is not for the faint hearted. Speaking for myself I'm happy to restart the project we had underway, and last I heard Petefoz was still interested. So that covers coordinator, translator, release and distro from me and proofread and (language) editor from Pete. We need graphics staff to get started again. Previously it was Kano who did everything else but he got swamped by real life needs. Even one person more (like yourself) is enough to get us going, provided they can do everything. Either that or find some people to help with various things. I'm not gonna bust a gut advertising for nothing, but if people offer themselves, I'd gladly start up again.
the_one092001
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 05:01 AM

It would need to be good enough to do all the artwork. That would mean cleaning, rebuilding, typesetting, and it requires MANY hours of spare time to dedicate for each chapter. It is not for the faint hearted. Speaking for myself I'm happy to restart the project we had underway, and last I heard Petefoz was still interested. So that covers coordinator, translator, release and distro from me and proofread and (language) editor from Pete. We need graphics staff to get started again. Previously it was Kano who did everything else but he got swamped by real life needs. Even one person more (like yourself) is enough to get us going, provided they can do everything. Either that or find some people to help with various things. I'm not gonna bust a gut advertising for nothing, but if people offer themselves, I'd gladly start up again.

Given the turnover rates in the positions, I didn't expect it would be easy. I suppose it depends heavily on the project in question, and whether or not it is of personal interest to me.

I know I've done at least some of the work in question before, but not for manga scans. If I sat down to learn how to do it, I'm reasonably certain I could get it, the danger being that my perfectionist tendencies preventing me from ever being satisfied. I've done cleaning and rebuilding work on images in the past, although not for manga scans specifically, and gotten much more familiar as of late with Fireworks in the mad rush to get products ready for sale (although admittedly, our cash cow was a series of Madoka soul gems we hand-made).

Which leaves, as always, time. Or more correctly, interest. I've got time in droves, at least for a while. Japanese aside, this semester is rather easy, and I've got no grand plans for the summer. Even when I'm busy, I find I can make time for what interests me (e.g. going to anime cons in the middle of mid-term season). But the insurmountable problem for me is working on a project that doesn't interest me. I'm willing to drop ridiculous amounts of time on things that do interest me, but have a hard time with things that don't.

TL;DR: I'm willing to give it a try. I have some experience, but what experience I don't have, I'm willing to learn. I have the time, as well. The project though is probably the most important factor.
conman
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 05:58 PM

Ruu \o/

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 15 2012, 08:01 PM)
TL;DR: I'm willing to give it a try. I have some experience, but what experience I don't have, I'm willing to learn. I have the time, as well. The project though is probably the most important factor.

As I said, we already have a project underway so you should already know what it is: Haruka.
Maedhros
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:17 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 6,247

Now that this !@#* is over and my rage is a bit controlled, It was fun reading this forum for all this time.

I doubt I'll continue to post here, so goodbye guys. See you on 4chan/animesuki and other forums (same nickname).
xxBakaAkki
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:32 AM

Member No.: 11,029

QUOTE (conman @ Mar 15 2012, 04:13 AM)

Scanlating is such a bitch to do man = A=; I've been in an out of it myself and man I really hate typesetting. I mean, I'll clean that !@#* up and I'm good at typesetting but like you said, it takes HOURS. This one project I'm working on, a simple 25 pages, has been taking me weeks to finish just because of all the text and cleaning (plus I'm busy irl). But yeah, I wish people would appreciate scanlation teams more. I haven't joined one permanently for that reason. I might give it another shot if my work is needed. I'm pretty damn thorough with what I do ;3

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:14 PM)

Also, using Fireworks for scanlating.... eh, Photoshop is better. This coming from someone who has used Fireworks for 5+ years. Fireworks is great for things like redrawing lines and stuff but nothing beats the many blending and stamp options that Photobucket has to offer. I used to be real good at using it but then I stopped for a while (during my Senior year in HS and between my 2nd semester in college) so now I'm (hopelessly) trying to relearn how to do everything. There is so much you gotta know it drives me crazy sometimes. I need to take another digital design class OTL
Zeether
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 12:49 PM

Advanced Magic User

Member No.: 11,093

Would anyone dare take up translating NegiPa?
the_one092001
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 03:37 PM

Also, using Fireworks for scanlating.... eh, Photoshop is better. This coming from someone who has used Fireworks for 5+ years. Fireworks is great for things like redrawing lines and stuff but nothing beats the many blending and stamp options that Photobucket has to offer. I used to be real good at using it but then I stopped for a while (during my Senior year in HS and between my 2nd semester in college) so now I'm (hopelessly) trying to relearn how to do everything. There is so much you gotta know it drives me crazy sometimes. I need to take another digital design class OTL

I have both and have used both, but as of late have been doing more with FW than PS. Partly because Fireworks runs more stably on my computer than Photoshop. With each new version, Adobe ends up merging more and more of their features in any event, although adding more to each to keep them (and their revenue streams) intact.
xxBakaAkki
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 10:28 AM

Member No.: 11,029

QUOTE (the_one092001 @ Mar 17 2012, 03:37 PM)

I have both and have used both, but as of late have been doing more with FW than PS. Partly because Fireworks runs more stably on my computer than Photoshop. With each new version, Adobe ends up merging more and more of their features in any event, although adding more to each to keep them (and their revenue streams) intact.

True, on my old computer I couldn't even open Photoshop without having to wait like 10 minutes. That thing lagged like hell. That's the reason I got so accustomed to using Fireworks. I like both though :3
BakaRanger
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 10:49 AM

High Level Magic User

Member No.: 5,856

This current multi-month break by ken to gather materials is trying my patience. Give me a chapter already! I'd even take a chapter for Mao-chan at this point. thumb_down.gif

This post has been edited by BakaRanger on Mar 23 2012, 10:50 AM
Chachazero
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 11:10 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 42

I got a kickstarter planned to continue the Negima series proper...If you're interested, you could get chapters that way...
Chachazero
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 11:45 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 42

user posted image

Guys. What the hell does this say?

http://cartoonworld.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-2512.html

Read a Google translation. We're getting a prequel! Nagima! (no it's not the actual title) But it's basically about Ala Rubra and Nagi Springfield is the main character.

This post has been edited by Chachazero on Mar 31 2012, 12:21 PM
Zeether
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:25 PM

Advanced Magic User

QUOTE (Chachazero @ Mar 31 2012, 11:45 AM)
user posted image

Guys.   What the hell does this say?

http://cartoonworld.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-2512.html

Read a Google translation.  We're getting a prequel!  Nagima! (no it's not the actual title) But it's basically about Ala Rubra and Nagi Springfield is the main character.

That's probably an April Fool's joke. The tweet link goes to a 404 page.

EDIT: Yeah, date is 4/1. You got fooled.

This post has been edited by Zeether on Mar 31 2012, 03:26 PM
victorrama
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 12:36 AM

Semi - otaku

Any idea how to use this thread? since it will be a longgg time since we get another RAW here
Maron
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 09:09 PM

Experienced Magic User

Member No.: 10,929

This thread is for Negima RAWs, so there won't be any new ones here since the series is over.
Captain Obvious
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 11:24 PM

Sensei

Group: Moderator Team
Member No.: 6

Well untill mid next month when volume 38 is out.
Boo
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 12:33 PM

Officially NOT Ken Akamatsu

Member No.: 5,640

Wonder if like LH we'll at least have an epic final cover featuring a lot of characters...
Trowa
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 01:15 PM

Magister Magi

Honestly?

I'm kinda hopeing for a Negi/Nagi cover of some kind. That or something dealing with Asuna. Since she was more or less the focus of the last few chapters.
windy-day
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:08 AM

grow up to be a debaser

Member No.: 6,596

Hey-ey guys. It's been a while, hey? thumbs_up.gif Apparently the last time I signed in was in late 2010, heh.gif but I just heard the series was over (I've mostly given up the internet these days and am living a radically different lifestyle revolving a lot around activism and outdoorsy things... true story smile.gif ) ANYWAY, wanted to see what my old forum's opinions on it was, and they seem to match my thoughts- well, for me, the series went downhill when they went to the magic world, and I kind of lost interest at that point, but still care a lot about the characters.

There's been a lot of shafting of fans here, true, but I have one question:

Did Negi end up with Makie then?

Clues:

According to the last chapter, she is "still focussed on negi" even though she has a lot of male attention

Also, she likes to go and visit "her friends and negi"- (at least the translation I read said this)- would that not imply that negi was not a friend, i.e. he was more than a friend?

Ken left Setsuna/Konoka ambiguous, so that could set the precedent for this?

I guess Makie's quite like Negi, but not as much as Asuna seems to think in the 3rd-last chapter, unless she's changed a lot since the pre-magic-world chapters..

Thoughts? I could have missed a lot- definately have a patchy knowledge of what happens later in the mange heh.gif
dukemon
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 11:20 AM

Advanced Hyper-Zecter user!

Member No.: 691

Well, the "who Negi likes" topic was left unknown and we probably won't know. By the girls descriptions at the end, yeah, it looks like Makie is the only one still focused on Negi. Game over confirmed to Yue and Nodoka. Chisame's, Chachamaru's and Ayaka's descriptions made me ignore them. But:

- Ku Fei: She still challenge Negi every new year's day. We don't know if her "victory = marriage" rule is still on table (seeing her first reaction to meet Nagi is similar to Yue's, Nodoka's and Makie's, I wonder);
- Akira: It could be only me... but, the fact she trained hard to have a job where "she often sees Negi" is something. Okay, a poor job. "First-generation elevator cabin attendant"? Curses... However, considering Asuna's reaction, I see Akira as the true "dark horse winner" case.

But, it could be only me (I was hoping for Ku Fei or Akira, after all). If it's implicit that Makie was the winner, I'm fine with that. At least, it's better than "favorites" like Asuna, Nodoka, Chisame or Yue.

In a way, maybe the last japanese volume brings the fact.

This post has been edited by dukemon on Apr 9 2012, 11:27 AM
victorrama
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 07:01 PM

Semi - otaku

Well, since Nodoka and Asuna out of the game, I think Ken decided not to follow the LH route.

After Chisame and Yue also out of the game that make me kinda guessing...
Iincho and the likes of Akira , Ako, etc never been on my mind, so no prob there....

Well, I do like Makie together with Negi, they seems like a cute couple since the beginning of the series, just like a normal middle school student...
And Makie did win the first poll right? Not sure if it means anything though.....
Maron
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 07:17 PM

Experienced Magic User

Member No.: 10,929

One thing I noticed (don't know if it was pointed out here or not) but Makie is voiced by the same VA as Naru from LH.

If Ken made the implications as a little nod towards that, I wouldn't be surprised. Ken did something similar by giving Negi's birthday on his tombstone the same as his VA.
Zeether
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 09:46 PM

Advanced Magic User

This probably isn't anything special, but Ken tweeted this:
昨日は「ネギま」のマガジン打ち上げでした。20年ぶりに担当が替わったので、色々お話とか(^^)。あと編集長に「今後マガジンはどうなるのか」を訊いてみたり。隣接権とかの話もチラホラ。

Ran it through Google Translate, couldn't make out what it was about except something about 20 years, Negima's launch and neighboring rights for magazines.
dukemon
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:33 AM

Advanced Hyper-Zecter user!

Member No.: 691

The last cover:

user posted image

I feel... both impressed and disappointed.

1. I think Arika is dead, after all (what a waste);
2. Negi Asuna ending?
Bonta
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:41 AM

Member No.: 11,069

^
^
Arika might be appear on Limited Cover (I hope so) heh.gif
TnAdct1
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:40 AM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,055

QUOTE (Bonta @ Apr 27 2012, 06:41 AM)
^
^
Arika might be appear on Limited Cover (I hope so) heh.gif

There is no Limited Edition of the final volume (and probably for the best, given how the last volume is pretty much a major disappointment to begin with).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Negima! Magister Negi Magi | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (596) « First ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2399 seconds | Archive