Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

FairyTail, Magic, Wizards & Guilds ... well so far
shaoron
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 08:55 PM

需要更多「です」

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 2,148

@Twilit
Rakan level broken
Sayo's Guardian
Posted: Aug 15 2011, 05:34 PM

The Kind Perverted Guardian

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,335

THATS BULL AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

No-one can beat Rakan in terms of being broken.

But seriously this guy need to have nuke shoved down his throat to stop him(I`m sure Raken would be unphased by that LOL)

Balthazars
Posted: Aug 17 2011, 07:16 AM

The Insane Philosopher

Member No.: 5,080

[Spoiler=For once will the heroes not win?]Hades indeed seems pretty darned broken. He takes all of that damage and seems generally unaffected, with his major ace up his sleeve still to play. Interesting to see what the 'heart of magic' is actually all about.

Right now it also seems impossible that the good guys can actually win this fight. The question is then how exactly it gets resolved. I get the sense that Zeref is either going to intervene or leave the island, which will then result in Hades also leaving to chase after his objective (or being defeated by Zeref if he intervenes). Having the good guys suddenly win from this position would be rather unsatisfying.

Also very interesting to see what the Cats found powers the ship. Their line "it's alive" implies that an animal of sorts is powering the ship. I'm thinking it's a dragon. The question is, which dragon, and if it really is a dragon, how does this feed into the disappearance of all the dragons and the signifiance of 77777 and the death of Lucy's mum?

Enjoying this arc a lot.[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 11:59 AM

Even now, he towers over all others.

Member No.: 7,345

Well that's a cliffhanger.
Twilit Libra
Posted: Aug 27 2011, 11:57 AM

And cue the sun! yahoo.gif

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]So Hades WAS cheating. Also a nice gesture from Ultear. But what's with Medly? Don't tell me she's going to take revenge?

And Natsu still has Laxus' lightning?[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 01:51 PM

Spoiler pics up.

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]nosebleed.gif Annnnnd once again Cana and Lucy are sharing a bath. Also nice Father-Daughter bonding.

Oh crap.

That's either the thing Zeref was talking about, or the black dragon Gildarts was talking about. Or even, *gulp*, BOTH!

This is not good. This is sooooooo not good. And I've got the feeling Gildarts just got a death flag raised.[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 03:20 PM

sniffle.gif [Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler] Jiicchaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Spoiler]
Balthazars
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 08:29 AM

The Insane Philosopher

[Spoiler=New Epic Level]Wow, so this arc just went from epic battle to epic battle. Seems like this is actually the end for Makarov.

A lot was just revealed here in the sense of new lore. The black dragon is what took Gildarts apart during this travels. It's also clear that this is the dragon 'affiliated' with Zeref. Did Zeref somehow learn magic from it, or study it or wake it up the first time? He seems to suggest here that it doesn't deem humans worth talking to, but Zeref is obviously tied to it one way or another.

Still just can't seem to figure out how Lucy's mum fits into all of this, but I imagine that's going to be a critical detail so I suppose it's not surprising there are no major clues regarding that at the moment.

Interesting to see where FT goes from here.[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 12:22 AM

Haven't commented on the anime in a while, but I just have to for the new opening. I don't know what it is, but I am officially in love. Maybe it's the piano? Always did love the piano.

Ending's also light on spoilers, which is nice after the last one spoiled the hell out of Lisanna's return. Actually thought they'd focus on someone else besides Natsu, but the character showed plenty of distress in the Op, plus the little bit of filler (which I thought was a nice touch) in this ep, so no worries.

Plus we're finally going to hear Meldy soon! Whoohooo!!

Just one question though. Given the past track record, how the bloody (pun intended) hell are they going to do this arc?
Balthazars
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:50 AM

The Insane Philosopher

Haven't seen any of the anime since Episode 55, so can't really comment. But as for the latest chaper...

surprise1go0.gif

[Spoiler=mindblown]Okay, wow, totally did not see that coming. A timeskip? ALL of the major characters vanished? 7 years? Whaaaaaaaa? So the title "the boy who stares across the ocean" was a lead-in to this kid, who stares at the ocean in order to look for the members who vanished at the island? My mind is totally blown, I don't know where this manga is going at all right now, but honestly, it was amazingly done, this chapter took me completely by surprise.

Really enjoyed this arc, and really looking forward to the next one.[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 01:46 PM

Wait... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!

surprise1go0.gif
faint.gif

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]Okay, I could NOT see this coming. I mean, I knew that the island'd be destroyed, but... everyone vanishing along with it?! What I'm feeling right now, I generally reserve for One Piece. It's THAT amazing.

So, little kid. What's the betting it's Romeo, Macoa's son? Cause that's who he sorta looks like to me.[/Spoiler]
Balthazars
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 04:45 AM

The Insane Philosopher

@Twilit:

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]Yeah, that would be my bet as well. Obviously not all of FT vanished on the island, just their main people. It makes sense the guild would continue, although I imagine it's in poor shape 7 years down the track with everyone significant in the guild gone. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter to find out where this series goes from here.[/Spoiler]
shaoron
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 10:00 PM

需要更多「です」

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 2,148

@twit
TPK, dude! TPK!
Balthazars
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 08:24 AM

The Insane Philosopher

[Spoiler=More jawdrop]surprise1go0.gif The woman was MAVIS?? Whoa, okay, did not see that one coming. Interesting, my sister raised the idea with me today that Natsu/Gajeel had been put into stasis of some sort a long time ago - it would explain why Zeref could know who they are and why they were considered over 80 by Fried's runes - and it seems that this is right on the money.

So they got frozen in time and obviously recall no events at all, it would seem to suggest that this happened to at least Natsu and Gajeel before. It might also explain why these guys are orphans - everyone they knew died already. The question is then - it seems unlikely that they were put in using this Fairy Tail ultimate magic, but it's possible. Otherwise, some other kind of stasis maybe?

Gah, so many possibilities this raises. That said, it was a nice, short-sharp chapter. Everyone's back and we're ready to move on.

Also, Bisca+Alzac _3.gif I approve! thumbs_up.gif [/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 02:58 PM

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler] Well, I can't say it didn't occur to me that the whole thing was put in stasis or some such. Even though I wanted to see a grown up Wendy Well, that's that. Wonder how much everything's changed in 7 years. And how everyone's going to react to those changes.

Oh, and Mavis-chan's a major cutie.[/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Oct 22 2011, 07:34 PM

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]Yikes. Ask and you shall receive. While I'm really curious about those three cliffhangers, that last one. God, that's a real punch to the gut.[/Spoiler]
Sayo's Guardian
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 01:48 PM

That was kind of cruel, regarding Wendy`s breasts.

Also yeah, that was.... exactly what you said Twilit.
Twilit Libra
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 03:35 PM

sniffle.gif
[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]To my beloved daughter, Happy Birthday.
We've lost seven years. That sounds like a lot, but we're going to continue living in this world.[/Spoiler] sniffle.gif
Twilit Libra
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 06:07 PM

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]So Gildarts is gonna be the master, huh? Did Makarov just fly a death flag or something? And new dragon slayers + Exceeds. Why DO those two always pair together?[/Spoiler]
Balthazars
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 06:50 AM

The Insane Philosopher

[Spoiler=Continues to surprise]I'm liking the time-skip so far, the plot has really jumped forward a couple of notches, and there are several enticing tipbits dangling before us. Two big reveals, and both very mysterious. The first is what the heck is the true nature of Fairy Tail? There have been a couple of points through the series where there is a strangely sinister vibe to this 'great secret' of the Guild. That said, the secret appears to be something to do with light - is it the opposite of the black death dragon? A 'fairy' made of light? Curious and curious...

The second major reveal was of course a new pair of Dragon Slayers. Their titles are a bit wierd (Shadow and White) but then they were referred to as Fire and Iron Dragonslayers? And Sting seemed to have the Iron Dragonslayer power. Very wierd, but they don't appear to be 'bad' characters, so interesting to see how they'll fit in.

Really enjoying Fairy Tail at the moment, my favourite current manga presently![/Spoiler]
Bozu-kun
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 05:10 AM

THE Legendary Boya of AQS

Member No.: 5,619

[Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler]That 7-year time skip arc was really something. It shocked and awed me at first, but now I guess I'm getting into sync with it. It looks like everyone's gotten stronger within that period of time -- which is a good thing. I was a bit sad that Natsu had to struggle against a previously weaker member of the guild considering the fights he got into before being put into stasis with the other core guild members on the island. I'm thinking that the black dragon took in Zeref as his disciple and considered him the only human ever to be worth noticing. Well, we'll see how the story develops. With what's going on, the author can put so many things on the table. Very interesting developments abound![/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 09:45 PM

[Spoiler=This could work] I WAS feeling a bit put off with a the whole "one day in, three months out" cliche, but this...this could really work.

And Medly-chan all grown up. drool.gif [/Spoiler]
Sayo's Guardian
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 12:54 PM

Those two became rather cute and sexy....

Seriously how bright can they shine?

I couldn`t help but laugh at the hyperbolic time chamber plot point.

Its used in every shounen anime but for it to back-fire on them like them is just hilarious.
Twilit Libra
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 06:02 PM

Well, that was a big heaping of Ship Tease. Not that I mind. heh.gif

And Meldy! God she's adorable! I love her character development!
Balthazars
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 07:38 AM

The Insane Philosopher

The reappearance of former enemies was dealt with very well in my opinion. They have all grown and moved on, but in some ways, are still held back a lot by their past actions.

A little disappointed that they had to resort to the usual kind of 'cheat mode' power increases, but given the humourous 1day=3months twist of a few chapters prior, there wasn't really much option if the main characters were going to continue to be involved!

This arc seems it will likely be a bit bunch of comeptition/battles, but I'm hoping this side-plot of the sinister magic keeps the story ticking along nicely. Still really enjoying FT at the moment. thumbs_up.gif
Twilit Libra
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 11:01 PM

sniffle.gif The sad piano version of the main theme. sniffle.gif

"Juvia will live for the ones she loves! So you need to love for the ones you love too!" God that was a beautiful moment.

And when I compare Meldy then and now... sniffle.gif I start smiling and crying!
Twilit Libra
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 06:12 PM

lmao.gif [Spoiler=Click here for Spoiler] Jellal Mystgun?! Okay, did not see that coming. The interaction between the B-team (or should they really be called the A-Team?heh.gif ) and Team Natsu was nice. And Mavis! God she's such a cutie. She's hilarious![/Spoiler]
Twilit Libra
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 04:10 PM

RAVEN TAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Action/Sci-Fi Series | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2588 seconds | Archive