InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dragon Crisis, Dragon+Mahou+Other Harem :)
kano
  Posted: Jan 10 2011, 11:33 PM

AQSの漫画家

Group: Scanlation/Fansub Projects Team
Member No.: 5,468

user posted image
Wait? Was that Satomi Arai as the van's GPS at the beginning?

Background music was a little more interesting than the usual anime of late smile.gif

Sigh - another loli character - oh well maybe she'll try to stay clad and out of the fanservice for most of the show?
Rose reminded me of Index for some unknown reason.

Pretty interesting show this one so far (1st episode) ...

Opens with Ryuji having a dream where a girl obscured in bright mist floats down to him and says his name.
He goes to Summer school where another girl from his class seems to like him a lot but is very shy: Misaki.
However, he gets out of class due to Ryuji's 2nd (and older) cousin (and Misaki knows her also) Eriko turns up and excuses him.
THey haven't seen her for 3 years and clearly something also happened 3 years ago.

Eriko gets Ryuji to sign himself up to her (unapproved) organisation (Seven Tails) ... as the 2nd member (Eriko is the leader - member #1)

They go off to intercept an S Class Lost Precious (Wait! - when did Gollum come into it? smile.gif)
The Lost Precious is in a case and when the case finally opens during their dramatic car chase escape from the people who had the case to start with, out comes Rose (the girl from Ryuji's dream)
She proceeds to shoot fire from her hand and destroy all the people chasing them.
She attaches herself to Ryuji and seems to be enamoured with him for the rest of the show.

We later find out she is a Red Dragon.

I'd guess the guy at the end must be Ryuji's Dad? (Edit: nope just a mad professor)

A lot of the characters in the OP seem to be Mahou-Shoujo ... thus the reason for the Topic Description "Mahou Shoujo Harem?" (Edit: changed now)

Character animation is MQ and backgrounds are MQ+
Pretty good quality animation in my opinion.
lanciferis14
Posted: Jan 11 2011, 12:17 AM

I suddenly got interested in traps. Something is wrong.

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,937

Just watched it an hour ago, I'll say this might turn out good but it has hints of turning into a worthless fanservice show, but still too early to judge, just wish it won't turn into one.

And yes I'll admit Eriko is hot. biggrin.gif
Trowa
Posted: Jan 11 2011, 01:09 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 5,528

Seemed like a rather standard intro episode honestly.

I get the feeling that this'll turn into something like Kiddy Grade(the first season) honestly. Though I'm not sure why besides all the talk of "society" and such.
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jan 12 2011, 09:05 AM

Death by Friendship!

Member No.: 6,380

Wait a minute!!! De ja vu?!

There would eventually be a time where a weird amalgam of Shana and Taiga would arise from the sea of trite... It just came!
With the major difference is that the tsun of the two above characters have been cancelled out.

As much as I like Rie Kugimiya characters, this is the first time where I find her character ridiculously annoying...

Throwing vague plot elements doesnt help either... The Society, Cursed Precious, Lost Precious... Wut??

This post has been edited by SagittaMagica on Jan 12 2011, 09:21 AM
Trowa
  Posted: Jan 12 2011, 02:50 PM

Magister Magi

QUOTE (SagittaMagica @ Jan 12 2011, 09:05 AM)
Throwing vague plot elements doesnt help either... The Society, Cursed Precious, Lost Precious... Wut??

It's called setup and foreshadowing Sagitta, perhaps you've heard of it before. Akamatsu does it all the time. whistle.gif

I mean really, where you expecting to have all the answers just handed to you on a silver platter in the first episode or something?tongue.gif

Seriousely though, I like that we don't have all the answers yet. It gives us a reason tp continue watching besides fanservice and what not.
scorpiowolf
Posted: Jan 12 2011, 08:58 PM

Magister Magi

Member No.: 7,025

QUOTE (SagittaMagica @ Jan 12 2011, 09:05 AM)
Wait a minute!!! De ja vu?!

There would eventually be a time where a weird amalgam of Shana and Taiga would arise from the sea....

I felt the same but it was more Taiga & Nagi with a splash of Louise to me
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 03:49 AM

Death by Friendship!

QUOTE (Trowa)
It's called setup and foreshadowing...

Terms that get thrown around as casually as if they are common knowledge don't need foreshadowing IMO. That makes the audience confused a bit more than necessary! heh.gif

@scorpio:
You forgot the flames!
I would add "an inferno of Shana" to that tongue.gif
Trowa
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 08:05 AM

Magister Magi

QUOTE (SagittaMagica @ Jan 13 2011, 03:49 AM)
Terms that get thrown around as casually as if they are common knowledge don't need foreshadowing IMO. That makes the audience confused a bit more than necessary! heh.gif

I suppose, still haveing all the answers in the first episode would make it dull imo. This way there's some intrigue.

btw, when does this come out? I don't want to miss the releases.
kano
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 04:43 PM

AQSの漫画家

QUOTE (Trowa @ Jan 13 2011, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (SagittaMagica @ Jan 13 2011, 03:49 AM)
Terms that get thrown around as casually as if they are common knowledge don't need foreshadowing IMO.  That makes the audience confused a bit more than necessary!  heh.gif

I suppose, still haveing all the answers in the first episode would make it dull imo. This way there's some intrigue.

btw, when does this come out? I don't want to miss the releases.

Japanese time (or Aus time for me smile.gif) it's shown on Tuesday morning soon after midnight.
Since it's Licensed by Crunchyroll - they also release it on Tuesday J/Aus time ...
(same as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Level E)
which also means ... you can get it soon after that smile.gif
Trowa
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 05:41 PM

Magister Magi

So since I'm on the east coast of the US... I should be able to watch it when I get up Tuesday mornings right?

Cool, though a bit weird for me. The only other anime I've watched this way where Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 season 2. And they came out on sunday.
kano
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 06:04 PM

AQSの漫画家

Actually, since it airs 1:30am J time Tue (1st Ep was: 01/10 25:30 Chiba TV), you should be able to get it Monday night your time.
jdennis007
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 08:41 PM

The Ancient One

Member No.: 77

I saw it and liked it.
Trowa
Posted: Jan 17 2011, 11:27 PM

Magister Magi

Ok Ryuji was something of a prick this epsiode. All because Rose was being a little clingy towards him.

Onyx on the other hand was an smug jerk. The kinda that richly deserve to have the ever loveing crap beaten out of them.
lanciferis14
Posted: Jan 17 2011, 11:53 PM

Lets see, we have the term lost precious last episode, now we have the term breaker, will it hurt them to give us an explanation on these terms? Bland episode by the way, nothing that remarkable to say.
kano
Posted: Jan 18 2011, 01:52 AM

AQSの漫画家

Hmm - I thought Ep 2 was good.

Actually when Eriko said that Onyx was 'Fang' that connected plenty of dots in Ep 1 smile.gif

New term 'breaker' yeah I like the idea that we don't have to know what it means or have someone spend time explaining it straight away ... actually I was hoping that Ryuji would explain it's meaning by 'action' (since he's a 10) but that didn't happen ... yet.
Trowa
Posted: Jan 18 2011, 12:22 PM

Magister Magi

QUOTE (kano @ Jan 18 2011, 01:52 AM)
actually I was hoping that Ryuji would explain it's meaning by 'action' (since he's a 10) but that didn't happen ... yet.

Especially considering the docters reaction to him saying he's a 10. Apparently being a level ten breaker is rather rare.

Honestly I'm expecting him to use it, assumeing it's an ability to free/save Rose from Onyx.
SagittaMagica
Posted: Jan 20 2011, 06:33 PM

Death by Friendship!

And here we are again, confronted by "Breakers" and "Level 10 Breaker" which is supposed to be awesome!
But we know null about it and all I could do was keep a straight face.

*sigh...

The second ep is kinda crap though...
tenkenX6
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 07:18 AM

Fansubber(TLor/TLCer)

Member No.: 10,948

This is another series I gave a shot at and I actually think it's pretty good so far. It has comedy, dragons(who're taking human form), and a pretty interesting story. Definitely better than I expected. I'll keep watching this one for the time being.
Keitaro
Posted: Feb 7 2011, 07:37 PM

Bass - Mio

Member No.: 39

Watched ep 5. Now we have a DRAGON HAREM O_o.
lanciferis14
Posted: Feb 8 2011, 04:35 AM

He startin an inter-racial harem like Tsukune?

Hmmm from what I've seen "bureykahs" are individuals who can wield "lost presyas" or magical items, am I right? They still haven't explained the terms, seriously. dry.gif
tenkenX6
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 07:28 AM

Fansubber(TLor/TLCer)

Watched episode 6. It was pretty good and introduced another new girl character. Maybe in the next episode or two we will see a cat girl join Ryuji's inter-racial harem. heh.gif
Keitaro
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 06:15 PM

Bass - Mio

Member No.: 39

so it's gonna be 1 human, 2 dragons and one werewolf? not to mention there will be another dragon and a human (based on the opening) in his harem.
tenkenX6
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 01:31 AM

Fansubber(TLor/TLCer)

Let's see...9 episodes in now and things are still going well, IMHO. In the next episode, we get to see another new girl character, which BTW is....you might have guessed it, another dragon. heh.gif Anyway, I hope the rest of the series turns out to be good.
kano
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 06:20 PM

AQSの漫画家

QUOTE (kano @ Mar 21 2011, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (kano @ Mar 21 2011, 04:13 AM)
10's just been release - so looks like this show is back running again ...

... and Ep 11 today. Nice.

Only show I'm missing now (that matters to me) is Infinite Stratos smile.gif

Oops - forgot to mention about 11: "You're like the protagonist of a harem anime!" - LOL

[Spoiler=Ep 12]Well a clear ending ... yeah I'm usually annoyed at open endings - especially when there's no idea if they will continue the anime or not.

No actual need for another season in this case tongue.gif

Though since I have no idea about the manga I guess it would also depend on what's in there.
The manga is still running so clearly the story must continue with more of their "Kiss Engage" instead of the old "Hand-touch Engage" biggrin.gif

... and of course since Ryuji's parents show up for the ending there's always the chance of them finally being included in the on-going story.

Harem ending tongue.gif
ALL the females show up in his class (even Kai as the home-room teacher)[/Spoiler]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Bishoujo Series | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1689 seconds | Archive