zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Blue Spirit Gal: Avatar the Last Airbenders Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Theme Chooser:
BSG News - 10/27/08 - With the Fall comes a time for change and goodbyes.....
Now that the summer Avatar has finally come to an end, most of this forum will be converted to read only as I release my staff to move onto other projects. Thanks everyone for dedicating your time and energy to this site...Love BSG
P.S. Check out this topic. The official season finale discussion on BSG.
Plot Updates
SNOW TURTLE watches from the shadows.
Like a ninja.

Death of the avatar, so if aang died...
Lei Fei
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 04:44 AM

Highjacking the radio-waves... Get it?

Group: Drones
Member No.: 1,244

aang1.gif
So if Aang actually died in the crossroads of destiny does that mean that there could be a lillte water tribe avater somewhere? waterbendy.gif

i know it has been said that there can only be one avatar, but isn't it possible that because Aang was brought back that this could be...an...exception?

Also i know that Aang was killed in the avatar state, but does this mean that Aang is in fact not just the last airbender but the last avatar as well.

i'd love to hear your thoughts on this

(p.s those two questions don't really mix well do they. be gentle it's my first post) iroh3.gif

--------------------
You stay classy
Planet Earth
Elayne
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 10:57 AM

*_______*

Member No.: 955

(don't feel bad, people that have been here 4ever still ask questions that don't mix well.)

This is such a complicated show... So complictated that I realize sometimes I dodge thinking about it. I think that it just might be possible that there could be another little water tribe Avatar that no one was expecting, but then again, if Aang was "gone" and he was in the Avatar State then... *shudder* well it's kind of hard to thin about. I am just too obbsessed to talk about such a dreadful thing without hurting emotionally and physically. I'm serious.

Anywayz, Velcome to BSG!! The 8th wonder of the world!

--------------------
user posted image
A:TLA
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 04:09 PM

Member No.: 139

Hey, good thought! I never thought of that...

Well, I think that there wasn't enough time for a new Avatar to be born...

And besides, it usually takes a week for the Spirit of the Avatar to go into a baby, then the baby to be born.

Another theory is that probably Aang got brought back to life very shortly, so the Spirit came into a Water Tribe's baby, but it got removed...

HOWEVER, Aang was killed in the Avatar State. So if an Avatar is killed while in the Avatar State, "the Avatar will cease to exist."

--------------------
"Blue Spirit Gal Nerds Club" Facebook Group
Set to closed. Request to get in. (You'll get in!)
Cookie the Elf
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 06:42 AM

-Long live Grape Pie!!!!-

Member No.: 1,198

QUOTE (A:TLA @ Nov 7 2007, 04:09 PM)
Hey, good thought! I never thought of that...

Well, I think that there wasn't enough time for a new Avatar to be born...

And besides, it usually takes a week for the Spirit of the Avatar to go into a baby, then the baby to be born.

Another theory is that probably Aang got brought back to life very shortly, so the Spirit came into a Water Tribe's baby, but it got removed...

HOWEVER, Aang was killed in the Avatar State. So if an Avatar is killed while in the Avatar State, "the Avatar will cease to exist."

But A:TLA, if Aang wasn't the Avatar anymore, then he couldn't bend all four (or 3 at this point) elements, right? But in Season 3 we've seen him bend Water, Earth, and Air. So does that mean he's still the Avatar? I know he can't go into the Avatar state; that's for sure. I'm SO confused
-grabs head in confusion-

--------------------
Thanks for sig/avatar, Lora! happy.gif
user posted image
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 09:03 PM

Huh? I'm confused by your question...^^''

Well, he CAN bend all elements (we've seen him Firebend in "The Deserter," right? with the fire on the leaf. then he burned Katara.), but he hasn't Mastered all of them.

He only Mastered Airbending so far, and Waterbending and Earthbending are proficient, but not the best, and he's only learned the basics so far in Firebending.

Perhaps he'll learn Firebending when he finds a Firebending Master.

And since Sokka's swordmaster gave him that lotus tile, and Iroh's in that society, maybe Iroh will be Aang's Firebending teacher?

Or Zuko?

But that's going off-topic. laugh.gif

--------------------
Cookie the Elf
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 08:55 PM

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
QUOTE (A:TLA @ Nov 8 2007, 09:03 PM)
Huh? I'm confused by your question...^^''

Well, he CAN bend all elements (we've seen him Firebend in "The Deserter," right? with the fire on the leaf. then he burned Katara.), but he hasn't Mastered all of them.

He only Mastered Airbending so far, and Waterbending and Earthbending are proficient, but not the best, and he's only learned the basics so far in Firebending.

Perhaps he'll learn Firebending when he finds a Firebending Master.

And since Sokka's swordmaster gave him that lotus tile, and Iroh's in that society, maybe Iroh will be Aang's Firebending teacher?

Or Zuko?

But that's going off-topic. laugh.gif

A:TLA, what I was trying to say was this: Aang was killed in the Avatar State (but then was brought back to life shortly after thanks to Katara) And Roku said that if Aang was killed in the Avatar State, then the Avatar would cease to exist. But, if Aang wasn't the Avatar, then he couldn't bend all four elements, right? But, in Season 3, he has been shown Bending Water, Earth, and Air. So that must mean that he's the Avatar still, and he can enter the Avatar State again if he is in genuine danger or ect. Therefore, ending my statement, I'm trying to say that Aang must still be the Avatar. Do you get it now?

--------------------
user posted image
Posted: Nov 10 2007, 04:11 PM

Ohh...I get it now. sleep.gif

Yeah, he's still the Avatar, 'cause he's the only one who can bend more than one element. laugh.gif

--------------------
Cookie the Elf
Posted: Nov 11 2007, 05:58 PM

QUOTE (A:TLA @ Nov 10 2007, 04:11 PM)
Ohh...I get it now. sleep.gif

Yeah, he's still the Avatar, 'cause he's the only one who can bend more than one element. laugh.gif

That's what I thought, but my friend had a different idea. Thanks for clearing that up, A:TLA! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Lei Fei
Posted: Nov 15 2007, 03:33 AM

wow i am so bad with computers i was just sitting thinking, how come noone has replied?but you all have! and thanks for the welcome Elayne!I'm Sooo excited to be here

yeas so this water tribe child who possibly could hve been the avatar at some point, could it be blessed in some way? And if Aang aang1.gif was to die again (sudders) could he be the next avatar?

hmm. iroh3.gif

--------------------
You stay classy
Planet Earth
QuaMai
Posted: Nov 15 2007, 05:41 AM

Doctor Who<3

Member No.: 298

ive had a thought about that before.... i was even making a fanfic aboout it biggrin.gif

I think that it could be possible.... but it was said in the series (or somewhere that i read it) that there could be only one avatar.

so i dont really think that they could incorperate that into the series...

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Lei Fei
Posted: Nov 15 2007, 07:33 AM

hmm good point,

how about this for you, is there anything special about the descendants of the avatar?

as we know Zuko zuko1.gif is Roku's roku1.gif grandson, and he's meant to restoore peace to the world by assisting the avatar.but the immediate family of the avatar? is there ...anything... there?

--------------------
You stay classy
Planet Earth
Dragon of the West
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 10:08 PM

New

Member No.: 1,324

Why can't Aang go into the avatar state? And can he regain that ability? I have watched the whole thing from the begining with my 6 year old. But I don't remember an explanation.

--------------------
user posted image
Gold
Posted: Dec 18 2007, 11:53 PM

New

Member No.: 1,348

QUOTE (Dragon of the West @ Dec 7 2007, 10:08 PM)
Why can't Aang go into the avatar state? And can he regain that ability? I have watched the whole thing from the begining with my 6 year old. But I don't remember an explanation.

basically my young pupil is that he locked the chakra gate because of the lightning shot downed Aang. theres a game : Save the Avatar... where Aang follows his past life in time to see how they mastered it... thus recovering him from death. but the Avatar Cycle is injured and the spirits of the past avatars can't support the energy into the gate which was locked/broken by Azula.

TheEnigma
Posted: May 16 2008, 08:52 PM

Never compromise...

Member No.: 1,502

If Aang died the Avatar cycle would break.
The world,no the universe would shatter.
All there would be is black silent nothing.

*grins*But nothing ever ends...the universe would be recreated.
« Next Oldest | Book Three Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1349 seconds | Archive
� 2005 Blue Spirit Gal -All Rights Reserved.