zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Charlaandmirna. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Messages from Mirna
red_sox
Posted: May 12 2007, 01:20 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (MIRNA @ May 9 2007, 10:08 PM)
Hi Everyone!
I just want to say thank you for all your support and love.  You guys, the fans, keep me laughing all the time (especially on the Suvivor Sucks Ezboard site).  I appreciate all the kind words and hope you enjoyed our entertainment.  Thanks to all the international fans as well as those in the US.  smile.gif

Special thanks to Red Sox and Dan, the creators of this site.  You guys did an amazing and excellent job!  I can't believe all the time and effort you took to memorialize me and Charla in internet history forever!  Lots of love to you.  smile.gif

Special thanks also to Izad for all your help in Malaysia, trust me, I have not forgotten you or your group of friends.  You really came through for us that day, and I will never forget it-when you helped me push that broken bike up the hill and then again when you called a taxi for us.  Lots of love to everyone on the way, the "ferns", I remember each and every one of you, from Shane and Katie, to Omar, Desmond, Fatima, and the list is endless....Bachigs (kisses) to you all! biggrin.gif

I hope you enjoyed the show and laughed as much as we did.
Lots of love to habibis everywhere!
MIRNA

p.s. (in Mirnish) can we not find better picture of Mirna for homepage?  Squinty face one is not so good.  maybe good idea to fill in gap between teeth also? everything else..very good, very good.  laugh.gif

QUOTE (MIRNA @ May 11 2007, 05:02 PM)
To answer some questions (bring the Sucksters over here to see the answers, let them admire all you hard work!):

1.  Yes, people do recognize us around the world.  This past race people recognized us even more than the US in Malaysia, South Africa, and Guam.  A lot of people offered us help, money, and well wishes along the way.  Someone once offered us $250, but production would not let us take it.  One man from the Cayman Islands gave me 2 Cayman Island dollars as a token of good luck and wrote a 3 page letter of encouragement during one of our long flights in S. America.  I read the letter for the camera, but of course the editor cut that part out.  As for the Cayman dollars, in Malaysia, I gave one as a token of my appreciation to Shane and Katie after they helped me in the bicycle/newspaper challenge-I told them to remember me by it and would keep the other to remember them anf all our fans. (I think Izad was busy trying to get us a taxi at the time).

2.  We haven't seen Lance and Marshall since sequesterville in Season 5 in Thialand...where they spent most of their time getting sexual massages and doing drugs.  I'm not interested in spending any more time with them, that was plenty.  As for Colin and Christie, I saw them at the Emmy awards for Season 5, but did not spend too much time with them as the board of directors gave Charla and me seats in the front of the hall, C & C were pretty far away in the balcony section.

3.  For the most part I don't let nasty comments hurt me.  That's the beauty of America-freedom of speech.  But I am a human being and I do have feelings too.  The things that bother me most are when people made fun of my grandmother's death (she was killed by a hit and run driver when crossing the street).  That was one of the most difficult experiences of my life and it is so inhumane for people to joke about it.  Also, I get upset when the teams who lost are resentful and have said lies that I use Charla's height to get airline tickets (Kevin & Drew, Uchena and Joyce).  That is very hurtful to me and contrary to my integrity.  I work very hard and Charla has nothing to do with me getting our airline tickets.  I use my communication skills, research, persistence and hard work.  Finally, I know we are complicated people, but I don't like when people make false and stupid assumptions about us, they make an ass out of themselves!

4.  We haven't received the catamarans yet, nor have we received any more information about them.  I may decline it b/c usually the taxes cost more the prize is worth itself.  But I don't know, we'll see.  We were told the prizes for this sason would be better than ever.  We were expecting cash, cars, etc.  Not a $1,500 boat.  But funny thing is that I have a list of 34 friends and family that have asked me if they can have that boat!  biggrin.gif

5.  The prize money for 2nd and 3rd place is pretty pathetic compared to the grand prize, especially considering how hard we worked to help make the show a comedy success.

The unseen roadblocks were in Poland, I had to row a canoe in the dark to the place where the pitstop was.  It was easy for me to do, but I know some people had trouble b/c I saw pictures of them losing their balance and falling.

The second unseen roadblock was in the final episode.  I knew they wouldn't air it and even bet my husband a hundred dollars on that.  I said "A roadblock is a task that CBS makes sure not to air when Mirna performs it."  It involved running up a steep hill to a cliff on very jagged rocks (Danielle cut up her arm pretty badly on the run up the hill).  Then jumping off a cliff into the water.  There are pictures on CBS.com.  The crazy part was there was no harness and someone gave a 2 minute informational speech to try to freak us out in order to get a reaction.  But I didn't hesitate and jumped, it felt like an eternity before I hit the water, it was very scary.  But much to the dismay of the editor, I came out of the water laughing and saying how much fun it was.  They decided to cut that out of the episode.  It was the most thrilling challenge I have ever done or seen on any episode of the Race.

Charla and I were in first place after the detour and rockblock (jump off cliff) in the last episode, too bad the finish line wasn't at shipwreck beach!  sad.gif

I think that covers most of it for now.  Sorry my answers are so long, but there is so much that was left out of the show.  Let me know if there's more on your mind.
I'd love to tell you about some of our funniest moments that didn't make air sometime....

Dan...how about "Dan the Man"...that's good one.  I went to my high school ring dance with a "Dan the Man"".  wink.gif
Bachigs,
MIRNA
red_sox
Posted: May 12 2007, 01:21 AM

Administrator

They are the two messages Mirna has so kindly posted for us all so far! Please use this thread to ask Mirna any further questions wub.gif
red_sox
Posted: May 12 2007, 01:38 AM

Administrator

Mirna, I would love to know if there is a future for you and Charla in the television industry?
Dan Down Under
Posted: May 12 2007, 05:46 AM

Dan Down Under

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Mirna, I've said this many a times and I'll keep saying it, THANKYOU! for making this season worthwhile to watch.

I'm such a big defender of you guys when TAR pops up as conversation. People keep thinking that you treat Charla badly, which is totally untrue. In my honest opinion, you treat her just like any normal team treats each other. Sure, you guys yell at each other sometimes, but just because she's shorter doesn't mean that you're a tyrant. See if all you did was heap praise on Charla and never said a bad thing then THAT would be weird.

Also, those TWOP bitches really need to watch the insider clips if they think you were being harsh to Charla. Then they would have seen hilarious clips of you girls having fun and random moments together (picking an airport line anyone? LOL) and that you guys are actually VERY close and get along fine.

P.S I still love you hahaha.

P.P.S My mum says hello and she also agrees with me that you guys and Danny and Oswald brought so much entertainment to the show.
mungobuh
Posted: May 12 2007, 06:14 AM

Member No.: 29

[reposted from the 'fans around the globe' thread]

Mirna,

You don't know how happy you've made us all by posting here. You should begin posting at Sucks, too! (We've heard you lurk there anyhow.) Back in December, when izad posted the spoilerific photos of you, Charla and most of the other F5 racers at the Batu Caves, I was STOKED that we'd be seeing you guys on our television, and to hear that you'd made it to the F3 was even greater! Oh, and I cannot forget to mention how pleased I was to see you guys edge out Rob and Amber, putting the cherry on top of their massive downfall that leg.

Thanks for accepting CBS's invitation to return for All-Stars. You and Charla made All-Stars entirely worth watching despite the turd-sandwich ending of an Eric/Danielle win.

I got some questions, too:

1. As much as lots of people (myself included) wondered why Colin was not on All-Stars, were you ultimately glad or displeased that he and Christie were not included? (You gotta admit, another rivalry would have been spectacular, especially if you guys outlasted them this time around.)

2. Would you or Charla happen to know for sure if Eric & Danielle fabricated a relationship just to get on the show?

3. Did you have any idea that CBS would include the infamous diss of Miss Alli on CBS's Innertube? (As a four-time victim of her Nazi-ass forum moderation at TWOP, I felt a real kinship with you the night that Innertube video went online.)

4. Did you and Charla feel screwed by production for not allowing you to immediately board the dhow to Zanzibar due to some dubious "weather"?

Ok, I figure that's plenty to ask. I look forward to all the fun we all can have here and at Sucks.

Later,
mungobuh
kmill
Posted: May 12 2007, 06:29 PM

Member No.: 8

I'm bringing this in from my post in another part of the forum:

1) Do you know who else wrote you a letter from Season 5? From what I've gathered, there were two letter-writers from each season i.e. Ken & Gerard and Flo & Zach from Season 3 wrote letters to Teri & Ian.

2) What did you think of "Mirna Schmirna" on Sucks?

3) What did you think of Dustin & Kandice's confessionals about you? (oddly enough, there were quite a few!)

4) Who did you expect to see on All-Stars but didn't? And if you choose to answer: Who do you think was on there that shouldn't have been?

5) What's the relationship (during and after the race) between you girls and David & Mary? Dustin & Kandice? Rob & Amber?

Habibi please! Share with us your funny moments!
MichaelD
  Posted: May 13 2007, 05:15 AM

Member No.: 20

Mirna, I have questions regarding the finale!

In the season finale, once you all landed in San Fransisco, was there a task before or after the mint, or did the teams have to re shoot the task involving the safe?

THANKS! tongue.gif
Terry
Posted: May 13 2007, 01:40 PM

Member No.: 39

Hi Mirna,
I was really sad when I found out the results as I think you are the only ones that deserved to win. It was inspirational to see the both of you conquer the challenging tasks, and the "style of communication" between you and Charla really added an extra dimension of entertainment. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, was the driver apprehended? It is appalling to know that one can make a joke out of someone else's misfortune.

Please tell us more about the funniest moments that didn't make it on air. With regards to the final leg at San Francisco, was it down to the cab ride from the airport to the mint that cost you the race (you were third to get on the cab)?

Hope that Charla and you will frequent this site so that we fans can communicate with you.

Cheers from Australia

Dan
Posted: May 14 2007, 08:32 PM

Member No.: 9

Wow! You really know how to answer questions so that it's easy to understand the circumstanses! Thank you for taking the time. Keep 'em coming! biggrin.gif
georgiapeach
Posted: May 14 2007, 09:03 PM

Member No.: 34

Hi Mirna!

I'm so glad you were able to follow up on and respond to Sam's letter--you have made him very happy! It was a pleasure to meet you and Charla at TARcon.

And thank you SO much for taking the time to respond here--it really adds a lot to our experience to hear all about the background information--as you can see, we all have a lot of questions!

There were so many things edited out this year--tasks, roadblocks, extended Pitstops --that it is easy for us to get a little confused. So thanks again for all your detailed answers to help us clarify things. And I think I speak for most of us when I say that we were so sorry not to get to see you do the cliff jumping Roadblock in Hawaii--that looked really scary!

One of the pesky details nagging at us occurred in Kuala Lumpur. We thought we heard the clue say that you had to WALK between the Detour and the Roadblock, and the editing seemed to show you and E/D taking a taxi instead. Did we have it right--and if so, were there any behind the scenes time penalties given out?

And then in Tanzania and Zanzibar--were you all aware at the time that there were supposed to be more tasks in Tanzania? Did you all know that the Pitstop at the Fort in Stone Town was a make-shift one--that Phil had just flown back from the "real" Pitstop somewhere in Tanzania shortly beforehand? Any information you have about this would be greatly appreciated. I believe that Phil said in an interview that they were at the actual pitstop and received word that the teams were not going to be able to reach that pitstop so they had to regroup. Phil talks somewhere about actually sleeping on the mat waiting for y'all to arrive. I would love to know what had actually been planned for the other tasks in Tanzania as that is one of my favorite places in the world. I was hoping for some safari type scenes myself!

And I think that there were copies of the letters floating around so will see if anyone found your second--and hopefully nicer--letter!

Thank you again!
MichaelD
  Posted: May 14 2007, 10:06 PM

Member No.: 20

Mirna, it's awesome that you answer your questions with such honesty. A lot of former TAR racers might try and sugar coat the negative points of the race/editing.

I agree with you. The All stars course and challenges sucked compared to TAR5, AND most of the other seasons. To bad, it could have ended up great! You and Charla, The BQs, and Danny and Oswald were all my favorite teams in your respective seasons (with the BQs still being mine this season).

But just know: a lot of fans always questioned why Phil would always point out that the BQs would be the first F/F winners and ignored the other F/F team. It happened last season with Lyn and Karlyn, and they ended up out lasting Dustin and Kandice. The good thing that came out of this race is that 50% of the race was won by Dustin and Kandice and yourself and Charla, which shows that two females can actually kick ass on this race! You guys did awesome!
MIRNA
Posted: May 15 2007, 02:26 AM

Member No.: 27

Thanks Michael. I tell it like it was. There's no reason to sugar coat, if something was great, I'll be the first to praise it and if it wasn't, there is no need to pretend. That's my view on a lot of things.

Kat, those are cute questions!
As for the "emergency blanket", I got it at an outdoor sportworld shop, that's the last time you'll see me shopping in a place like that! tongue.gif
Everyone in Season 5 had one, except for us, we didn't even know what they were, we felt silly being the only ones who didn't know about them. I even tried to bribe Brandon and Nicki $5 for their blanket in Season 5.
Well I got one in prep for AS, and let me tell you it DID NOT WORK. Save your $5 and don't buy one. It is very loud and doesn't keep you warm at all, esp on the concrete floor. But since we were carrying it around forever, we thought we'd try it out! You can view the result on the innertube. I don't think the Guidos appreciated it. You gotta love those guys-they tell like it is too!

The sausage day was funny. We hadn't eaten for days, then that day, we all pigged out at the fancy Polish hotel (brunch buffet was included in our stay). We ate non stop for 3 hours then even took food with us to go. Danielle and I ate during the whole 5 hr bus ride. Eric was gonna kill us, kept telling her to conserve her food for the next day. Then we get to this eating challenge!
At first I suggested we look for the bagel place b/c I didn't think I'd be able to do it. After 20 mins of looking, I said let's just tackle it. The hard part is that I eat practically no meat (I only eat some seafood and chicken). Imagine eating fatty saugage, barely cooked, with fatty pockets the size of dimes. It was not pleasant, I don't know how I got through it. I just tried to not look at it. It was completely mind over matter. I was proud of myself at the end of the day b/c an eating challenge was my biggest fear ever. I knew that if I could do that, I could do anything!
By the way, we all threw up except the Guidos and the big BQ (Kandice). I threw up after I ate 2/3, right when Charla was throwing up, it's the only way I could make room to fit the rest in my stomach. It was an awful experience for all. We had heartburn for 2 days and could not sleep all night b/c of indigestion, Charla even developed a rash.

Kat, those were 2 very funny experiences, I'm glad you enjoyed watching them. We had so many fun times! smile.gif
Mirna
izad
Posted: May 15 2007, 02:42 AM

Member No.: 6

Thanks for answering all the awesome questions Mirna! <3

I was wondering whether or not you guys are allowed to talk freely to people/locals... or can you only talk to them if they are in the camera shots too? I walked up to talk with Charla during the newspaper roadblock in Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur but she seemed rather apprehensive because one of the production people was there glaring at us biggrin.gif I asked Charla if anyone got hurt (cause I saw an ambulance at the roadblock) and she just said "Yeah". I was wondering at the time if it was one of the Beauty Queens who got injured (sounds like a mean thing to think, but I desperately did not want you guys to lose your lead).

Also, were you not allowed to bring personal cameras during the race? Anyway, here's an awesome picture I took of you guys during your run at the Batu Caves. Hope you'll like it.

user posted image
Dan Down Under
Posted: May 15 2007, 04:34 AM

Dan Down Under

Member No.: 2

Hi again Mirna!

Sorry to open up old wounds, but I wonder if you can answer this for me please:

When you guys were eliminated in Season 5, how far behind Kami and Karli were you? Because it seemed like Charla POWERED through that egg eating Roadblock whereas they struggled.

That was the worst episode of TAR I have ever watched sad.gif

Stay safe, Dan.

P.S Lance and Marshall can kiss my arse. They thought they were hilarious, but in reality they sucked as much as eating donkey testicles on a hot summer's day.
kmill
Posted: May 15 2007, 01:27 PM

Member No.: 8

Mirna, I truly appreciate that you answered all of my questions. As far as my question about confessionals go, I asked because it was pretty clear that the editors wanted to show animosity between you, Charla, and Dustin & Kandice. I wanted to know if you felt that the editing blew things out of proportion or if you felt that it was representative of what actually happened. You know how TAR always wants team conflicts...
« Next Oldest | Q & A with Mirna! | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5695 seconds · Archive