Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Clan [CSS]. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I was thinking ..., dangerous, I know ..
Reverend
Posted: Jun 22 2004, 10:26 PM

Founder / Spam Nazi

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I was driving along today and it occured to me. For Catholics ... how can one believe that Christ died for ones sins, but in the same breath, believe in Original Sin? This is a serious question by the way ... there's apparently something I'm missing here.
amykins
Posted: Jun 22 2004, 11:32 PM

Green

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

okay, from what i understand, christ died for our sins, but we still have something called original sin. this sin resulted from adam and eve's banishment from the garden of eden for disobeying god. now, christ died for our many other sins, but original sin is something that is like.. sin v 2.0. it'll be hard to get rid of, but no one can remove it for you. basically, original sin is what separates us and the holiness of christ who was born without original sin.
Reverend
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 04:05 AM

Founder / Spam Nazi

LOL @ sin v 2.0 -- I knew I was missing something ... thank ya smile.gif
Mr.Cow
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 07:15 AM

Can't spell for shit

Member No.: 2

off topic

~Spam Nazi
kamikazedragonfly
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 11:35 AM

Green

Member No.: 25

Not everyone believes in original sin, only certain denominations. I think it falls into the whole "look but don't touch, smell but don't taste thing". Saved but not quite. There always has to be a catch to keep you under the thumb of God.

And, what exactly have I told you about thinking on your way to work?

Rev Edit: I was on my way back from the doctor's so NYAH! tongue.gif

You gave up the right to think independently when you married. tongue.gif
AGS
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 09:03 PM

Head of Killing With Ice Picks

Member No.: 40

haha...yeah, adam and eve pretty much screwed us all over...mostly eve..cuz she started it, just another lil clue towards girls are truly evil.
amykins
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 02:04 AM

Green

Member No.: 59

can i have him too rev? tongue.gif
Martyr
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 08:16 AM

Veteran

Member No.: 11

Origional sin seems like it was just popaganda created by the catholics to keep people coming to church. The thing I was always wondering was, if Jesus came from that region of the world, why is he always depicted as white, as there is no way he could be from that region and not be arabic, or black, or some varient thereof.
Reverend
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 11:15 AM

Founder / Spam Nazi

I've seen him depicted as everything from american indian to caucasion and everything in between.

And amy ... go for it tongue.gif
« Next Oldest | Current Events / Op-Ed | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1280 seconds | Archive