Free mmorpg game engine  Forum

Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to DimensioneX Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyNew Topic

I've Got Two Tomcats!, installation
Rocketman
  Posted: Sep 21 2013, 12:48 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,375

Hi everybody.
I've just attempted to install Dimensione X for the first time.
I have a Win XP (sp2) operating system and a lot of space.
Only once I got a "404" in my first attempt to run the game server link did I realize that another suite had installed tomcat 7 some months ago. (eclipse)
It wasn't installed under C:\tomcat but rather C:xmapp\tomcat
I tried to simply copy the DimxPortable directory into the other tomcat's webapps but that was ineffective. ("404")
I was thinking of unistalling both the earlier eclipse suite and Dimensione X to start again.
But as I hadn't done too well so far I thought I had better check with someone who knows what they're doing.
So i guess my question is : how should I proceed?
Gumbro
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 09:01 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 448

Difficult to say what is going on, I've never run two Tomcats at the same time. If they run at the same port 80 or 8080, that can give you problems for sure.

You could try shutting down the Eclipse one and starting the DimX one. If that does not help, the easiest way would be to remove both installations and install DimX again as it is said in the instructions.

Glad to see someone new tinkering with DimX, it's a great engine.
Rocketman
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 05:16 AM

Member No.: 2,375

Thanks
Computer problems may cause me to start from the ground up this time!
Yes I've developed several game concepts but don't have the time to re invent the wheel.
I'll certainly be back.
And thank you again
Gumbro
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 06:50 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 448

Great! Once you get the thing running, why don't you go ahead and start a work in progress thread here.

Perhaps I should start one, too. It's been a while I made a game with DimX wink.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
Custom Search