|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|Fleurs de l'Orient > Blogs & Websites Posting > Online photo album of Jewish life in Egypt|
|Posted by: dlisbona Jul 11 2007, 07:55 AM|
| Hi all
This is to announce the launch of an online photo album of community Jewish life in Egypt during its heyday years.
I have chosen (at least for now) to site the photo album on.http://www.flickr.com (the largest photo sharing site on the Net because it has the most powerful features and access to a wider public. You can see the first photos we have uploaded on http://www.flickr.com/groups/juifsdegypte/
You are encouraged to join Flickr (you will need a Yahoo ID but that is easily arranged) and to contribute your photos. You will not receive any junk mail as a result of getting a Yahoo ID or joinin Flickr.
The kind of photos we are interested in are:
- Group photos – from schools, school outings, (university), youth movements, clubs, workplaces
- Reunions of Jews from Egypt since leaving Egypt
- Photos/scans of documents of various kinds – school certificates, invitations to bar/batmitzvas/weddings, other community events, documents from the Jewish community
- Photos of buildings and clearly recognizable places where Jews would go or meet or visit – e.g. school buildings, cafes, cinemas, synagogues, public buildings
- Photos of Jewish personalities – e.g. rabbis, elders, leaders of the community
- Photos of signs, advertisements, letterheads of Jewish businesses
- Photos illustrating daily life in the period – e.g. cars, buses, trains, outdoor events
- Photos showing style of dress or hairstyles
I am aware that there are photos of Jewish life in Egypt on various other websites especially on http://www.hsje.org/. This project seeks to consolidate them and take advantage of powerful new features.
Your comments and assistance will be most appreciated.
|Posted by: fleurs Jul 17 2007, 07:48 PM|
| I have uploaded my school photos from the Lycee Français du Caire.