zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Fleurs de l'Orient. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hakim Family from Aleppo, Looking for relatives
aidastrocovsky
Posted: Nov 1 2009, 05:28 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Hi,

My name is Aida Strocovsky, from Winnipeg, Canada. I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1955. My father was ashkenazi (Strocovsky), but my mother, the first one of five children is Born in Argentina in 1928, from Esther (Tera) Hakim and Salomon Dahab, both from Aleppo, Syria. I have just bumped into Les Fleurs de Orient and I found you. My grandmother had a daughter in Aleppo before coming to Argentina who died there. My grandmother had siblings, who eventually came to Buenos Aires as well: one was named Selim and the other Rachel (Rahel). My grandfather came to Buenos Aires three years or so before my grandmother Esther. She died in Buenos Aires in 1981. The Hakim-Dahab children are (in order, from oldest to youngest): Elena (my mom), Olga, Elias, Rebecca and Ezra. They are all alive. We also have relatives from my grandfather side (Salomon Hakim): some sisters (Zequie and Bahie) married in Syria and settled in Brazil, both with Chueques (phonetics).

Maybe you can help me with my research. Maybe we are related! Other related families in Buenos Aires, from Aleppo or Damascus, as far as I remember were Tawill and Helueni.

Any help will be really appreciated, and even if you can't, please drop me a line. Thank you very much in advance.

Aida
« Next Oldest | Looking for Friends and Relatives | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1342 seconds | Archive