InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fleurs de l'Orient. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Atruz, Sephardic surname?
Jeffrey Arkin
Posted: Mar 19 2011, 02:15 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 253

AtruzSephardic surname? I am researching the surname Atruz for a person who believes the family(ies) lived in France since the 1600s. She would like to find out if she has Jewish roots. I could not find Atruz listed on Les Fleurs de L'Orient surnames database. My hunch is that Atruz immigrated to France from Spain, to escape the Inquisition. I googled Atruz, and I came up with a town in Jordan. Could Atruz have been Arab Jews or Arab Muslims?
Jeff Arkin
fleurs
Posted: May 18 2011, 11:40 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I could not find any in http://www.sephardicgen.com

--------------------
Alain Farhi
« Next Oldest | Discussions by Family Surname | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1437 seconds | Archive