Photos from last night!http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/photos.html
A fun night. A few highlights while I remember:
* "New Life" by Depeche Mode followed by "Danger!" by Sound Of Arrows. After watching Synth Britannia on Friday, I had to slip in a little tribute on Saturday night. This unashamed Kraftwerk rip-off from the early, Vince Clarke pop era of Depeche sounded magnificent, especially when followed by Danger!. Always a pleasure to play that one.
* "Don't You Just Know It" by Huey "Piano" Smith And The Clowns. Fantastic call-and-response rocking soul from 1958. Had everyone singing along with the "heey-ohh" bits.
* "Fabulous Friend" by The Field Mice. Glorious, heartfelt jangle pop.
* "Hey Little Willie" by The X-Cellents. More call and response garagey soul, this time from 1965.
* "Don't Go Away" by Talulah Gosh.
* "Boom Boom" by The Animals. Super danceable raw power from Eric Burdon and co.
* "Ballad Of The Band"!
* "Piazza New York Catcher" stopping a packed 1am dancefloor in its tracks, then "I'm A Cuckoo" getting everyone bouncing again.