InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Illuminatus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer 40k and Fantasy News
Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

A reboot of a reboot
russ29
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:55 AM

Artisan

Group: Members
Member No.: 529

I think if deviantart is where we should continue, perhaps we could try it as well?

alan
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 09:15 AM

Artisan

Member No.: 488

Count me in, who will start it, be a moderator and stuff like that. I am not quite right person for that because I dont have so much time but deffinetly would contribute art.
russ29
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 01:36 AM

Artisan

I have no time as well as I'm currently serving my nation as a soldier. And there are times when I just can't participate in the long run, hence my absence here.

Colrouphobic
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 07:35 AM

the Clown under your bed

Member No.: 45

whereas I understand that the sensation of a forum that is not that active is daunting, I do not believe DA could, ever, have the same impact on any artist as a forum on art could.

I dont see forums merely as a spot to "show off some work", I see it as a staging-ground for getting paid commissions (far better then DA, I have, to date, had 3 commissions through DA, one of which failed to complete the entire deal, I have several years of experience with private commissions, bad score for DA), as a spot where you can learn something, where you can ask likeminded for help, comments or to help and/or comment on their stuff yourself. DA never did those things for me.

Quite the contrary, DA has killed alot. It killed several forums I have been on, for less handled, less critiquegiving or educational Groups that only port showing off artwork without willingness to improve or learn.
It's also a spot where you are one in a million (litterarily) of members, and chances are that nless someone already famous really outs you and show your work off as a feature, you wont get anywhere.

DA also has a fair share of WHFB/Wh40k Groups:
http://heretics-undivided.deviantart.com/

http://the-gamesworkshop-gp.deviantart.com/

http://art-hammer.deviantart.com/

http://eye-of-terror.deviantart.com/

are just a few.

What to do about the stagnation of this forum?
No idea.

Thats my two cents.
alan
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 10:07 AM

Artisan

What do you think of something like artists contest, I saw that on couple of sites. One theme and two artists presenting their own vision of subject.
It doesnt have to be anything complicated but maybe it could atract some interest. What do you think dear Illuminatus friends.
Colrouphobic
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 10:46 AM

the Clown under your bed

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (alan @ Sep 22 2011, 10:07 AM)
What do you think of something like artists contest, I saw that on couple of sites. One theme and two artists presenting their own vision of subject.
It doesnt have to be anything complicated but maybe it could atract some interest. What do you think dear Illuminatus friends.

I think thats a good idea.

I'm willing to join in on some of those things.

I'm also going to dust off some of my teaching-skills and see if I can post some more tutorials on the forum in general...spice things up a bit.

Right now, I am working my ass off to fix things before FACTS start in about a month, but after that I think I will have the time to put more things together on here.
alan
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 04:08 PM

Artisan

I am very interested on something like that, but I want to know who wants to participate in it especially new bloods here on forum.
El Presedente
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 11:26 AM

Artisan

Member No.: 601

Since we're throwing ideas into the ring here just wondering what people would think of doing an art trade themed group.

Not sure how many of you dig on creating you're own 40k/fantasy based characters (be it for the game itself or artwork, stories etc), but I was thinking that rather than have the group take on a theme as we have been doing, we nominate an individual to create or use one of their existing charaters for the others to do their own take on. Be it a full drawing or just a quick pencil sketch.

Thoughts?
russ29
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 03:53 AM

Artisan

actually I find that it would be rather interesting. Something like an art trade or something instead of a competition.

And Col, if you were to do a tutorial I would so bookmark it dude. smile.gif
juddski
Posted: Aug 26 2012, 09:36 PM

manic ssscribbler

Member No.: 120

sorry guys,it's been awhile unsure.gif
(bends over ready for a kick in the arse region)....................
oi!,oi!,one at a time please!!
it's a shame it's gone quite but i'm probably one of the members to blame for that...
the trouble is reality kept getting in the way,
that and my mojo went on a holiday and decided to backpack around the world resulting in me not picking up a pencil for 18 months
angry.gif

(ho whoa is me sad.gif ) ...

well, all i can do is promise to try and drop by more often cool.gif
Stugmeister
Posted: Sep 2 2012, 07:51 PM

Artisan

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (juddski @ Aug 26 2012, 09:36 PM)
sorry guys,it's been awhile unsure.gif
(bends over ready for a kick in the arse region)....................
oi!,oi!,one at a time please!!
it's a shame it's gone quite but i'm probably one of the members to blame for that...
the trouble is reality kept getting in the way,
that and my mojo went on a holiday and decided to backpack around the world resulting in me not picking up a pencil for 18 months
angry.gif

(ho whoa is me sad.gif ) ...

well, all i can do is promise to try and drop by more often cool.gif

Welcome back sir! Good to see ya here. smile.gif

I know what you mean about reality getting in the way. RL can seriously hinder creativity when it wants to. angry.gif
juddski
Posted: Sep 2 2012, 08:50 PM

manic ssscribbler

Member No.: 120

Welcome back sir! Good to see ya here.

cheers stug cool.gif ..the wife don't help,every time she sees me pick a pencil up she goes into panic mode knowing i'll be doodling for at least a couple of hours,and rushes off to do a list of things that need ..er,doing around the house/garden/car,
or even, neighbours house/street/post code/county..ect biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Weekly Sketch Group | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2357 seconds | Archive
Remember - If you want feedback, give feedback!