Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Vandael's Iron Warriors WIP pic heavy, My grand company growing
Vandael
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 09:05 AM

Battle Brother

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,338

Hello fellow brothers,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I've been posting my stuff at the Bolter & Chainsword but for reference I can't let my fellow Warsmiths be deprived from my work. I was finished with painting the base colours and than I decided that I wanted to add more bionics, cc CSM and truescaled champs. So the set up of the troops below isn't definite. Just a taste of what I'm up to.

HQ

My Daemon Prince
user posted image
Pretty plain and straight forward. Converted my old DP with WHFB dragon wings.

Warsmith Isarnax
user posted image
Ussually run him with Mk of Tzeench and Death sreamer. Or "counts as" Huron. Sooooo many bits...

Terminator Captain with servo harnass
user posted image

ELITE

Terminators Squad Balthor
user posted image
First of my completed termies. Plasma combi's & heavy flamer

TROOPS

My troops are currently under construction. With the combination of some of my bitbox and a new CSM set I'm combining these guys below here with close combat and regular bolter Iron Warriors with bionics to awnser the call of Peratubaro.

Squad 1 Corax
user posted image
user posted image
These guys are the first unit to be finished before I'd decided that I wanted a different setup. There is another squad with 2 melta's & PF champ, only I'd made the mistake of painting the wrong champ & Icon carrier. So no double pics laugh.gif

Squad 2 Prometheus
user posted image

Squad 3 Targos
user posted image

Squad 4 Bezerkers BEFORE
user posted image

AFTER
user posted image

Rhino Transports
user posted image
user posted image

FAST ATTACK

Squad Slytherin
user posted image

HEAVY SUPPORT

Havocs Squad Devistan
user posted image

Obliterators squad Anilithar
user posted image

My yet unnamed standing Defiler "Lemmingspawn pattern"
user posted image
Still lots o painting to do.
user posted image
Unpainted and a better picture so you can see the bits used.

THE WIP

I want my Iron Warriors to be led into battle by true (scaled) champions of Chaos. Just to make them stand out from the regular troops.
Champions

user posted image
user posted image

Here are some of the reinforcements to add flavor to my units.
Close combat & bionics

user posted image

Well, that is about it I think. There is still much work to be done here but I've got a good momentum going. Any C & C to help me on the way. Ideas are very welcome and if you are seeing something that you like, feel free to rip my ideas.

Cheers,

Vandael

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT[/COLOR]
KingOfFools
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 08:36 PM

Obliterator

Member No.: 1,113

Very nice conversions and decent paint jobs.

I think the models would profit from some glazes of devlan mud or well watered down scorched brown. Just to add some dirt, you know.

Tanks would also profit from dirt on the tracks. You don't need to go heavy as I do on mine but some dust .... graveyard earth + bone highlight would help.

I don't quite like blue cables and tubes. But somehow I like the purple of the power weapons, I might steal that for some models. smile.gif

Also it is too bad that there are no official rules for such great warsmith conversions.

--------------------
shattered hopes and stolen dreams and no one left to blame
Vandael
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 09:14 AM

Battle Brother

Hello Fellow Warsmiths,

Here above you can see a before/after work of my Bezerkers WIP with added true scale champ! I haven't quite finished all the bits but you get the general idea.

I'm going to finish them soon but I was distracted by making some modular trenches.

Also as noted by KingOfFools, my first finished squad does look a bit shiny and I do want to make my warriors a bit darker, oilyer & dirtier.

Do some of you have experience with using the Black Wash for this stage?
Here's how I paint my IW:

Iron:
Black undercoat
Base coat of Boltgun metal
Heavy wash of Devlan Mud
Drybrush of Chainmail
Black Inkt in the recesses
Milthrill silver highlight

Gold:
Black under coat
Tin Bitz basecoat
Shining Gold basecoat
Brown Inkt wash
Burnished Gold highlight

Black:
Black under coat
Chaos Black coat
Black Inkt finish

Chevrons:
Still working out but;
I usually start with a Yianden Darksun undercoat (the foundation paint)
Chaos Black & Inkt the stripes on & Highlight with codex grey
Go over the Yellow with Golden Yellow & Highlight with sunburst Yellow
kelaino
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 09:53 AM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 993

I paint my IW by dry brushing with boltgun, then highlighting (not dry brushing) with chain mail. Gives quite a dark look, but quite plain (not oily or dirty). I eschew gold for multiple reasons so I have little experience there (although I've heard a rumor that a carefull mithril silver highlight might look good). The black areas are usually painted chaos black on top of the boltgun drybrush since the latter tends to cover the entire model.

On chevrons I feel very content with painting them from red and up. Starting with red gore (I suppose Macharite red could work quite well although blood red + a little chaos black probably is the best), followed by blood red, blazing orange, ~2:1 sunburst yellow:blazing orande, pure sunburst yellow, ~1:1 sunbrust:skull white. Sounds like a lot of job, but the chevron areas are not that large so it's fair enough. I haven't really gotten it to work well on large areas (I.e. tanks), not to a level where I'm entirely content with it anyway.

You've made some really cool models there, I really want to see them painted. Don't stress them on my behalf though, better to do it right than fast I say. Great work, keep it up thumbsup.gif

EDIT: If it sounds like I'm saying "do it this way", it wasn't my intention. My intention was to state how I do things for you to get an other PoW which might or might not bring some good ideas about painting IW. smile.gif

--------------------
"I will never send infantry on a job better suited for orbital bombardment"
Manneus Drath
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 03:32 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,392

Those berzerkers are soo cool. you did a great job with redoing them. so much better thumbsup.gif Your army is really great
Vandael
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:37 AM

Battle Brother

Heya folks,

Sometimes real-life gets in the way of modelling and stuff. Although I always find the warm iron heart beating when I get back.

The army has been slumbering for a while now, but will be back and see it's self develop. The pile of models "to be done" are stacking enormously but I'm waiting for the new codex to come out. I don's want to suffer the fact that when (finally) finishing an army and then come to the horrendous conclusion that's it's not legal anymore.

Cheers,

Vandael
Burias's Drak'shal
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 08:26 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,399

Great conversions! Coming along great, and I have to say the daemon prince looks superb!
jesseye
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:16 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 1,528

very impressive

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
lokkorex
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:24 AM

Champion

Member No.: 1,457

holy crap! love your stuff! your truescale champions are brilliant by the way.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Vandael
Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:59 PM

Battle Brother

Ít has been a while,

But thanks to everyone for the nice replies. With the 6th edition out and a new dex in sight the ye old iron-itch is tingeling again.

Most of the WIP models posted here have been finished bit more a while ago so I won't deprive you guys from those. Meanwhile my Warsmith "Isarnax" is getting a new head and base with the obligetary touch-up paint so he'll be ready soon.

Next to the touching up of all the finished models I'll finally will finish a 200 pts. bumb with my Oblits & (finally) my deamonengine. Can't believe I haven't finished that one long ago rolleyes.gif

Dreachon
Posted: Jul 25 2012, 08:18 AM

Obliterator

Member No.: 210

I know what you mean friend, I have the fires of chaos burning fiercly again since 6th and the info were getting on the new codex, it's a pitty the codex won't comein august but that doesn't diminish my fire in the least, I'm working hard now on getting some old models fulyl build so that they can be fielded soon.

Hopefully your own army will see a nice boost and expansion as we enter a glourious new era of conquest and bloodshed.

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Muster Your Forces | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1160 seconds | Archive