zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Iron Warrior Names, List of suggestions
Kol. Kas
Posted: Mar 3 2008, 07:42 AM

Battle Brother

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,222

I've been going with Serbian and Eastern Euro names myself, they're fairly simple and sound very Iron Warriors-ish to me.
Trackr73
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 05:59 AM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 435

I have always used greek names for My IW. I love the list that you have posted and I wll probibly steal a few names off it.

--------------------
Lifes tough but its tougher when your stupid
blackcell8
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 10:27 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Greek is the most obvious choice, considering that Iron Warriors are effectiley, Greek. Coming from Olympia, plus countless references to Greek mythology, especialy in Storm of Iron.

I just love the irony of Forrix wanting to kill a Titan, thinking it as 'something from a legend of Olympia'.

Yeah, like the Greeks didn't have legends about titans wink.gif

--------------------
Luminous_Iron
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 10:04 PM

Initiate

Member No.: 1,252

i think the names are awesome thumbsup.gif

--------------------
[SIZE=14][COLOR=yellow]Our Lord Petarubo has granted us the gift of Iron i suggest we use it.
Ironknuckle
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 05:41 PM

Initiate

Member No.: 1,324

Martinus- Roman name derived from Mars, god of war and fertility.

Malphus- name of a deamon who builds towers and fills them with weaponry. In my opinion, this name goes well with a leutenant or second in command.
Iron Corsair
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 12:25 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,323

Here are the only two I could think of:

Jason-The hero who was captain og the Argo

censored.gif

--------------------
Iron Within. Iron Without.
Yautja
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 02:50 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,215

*Slaps Iron Corsair With a Wet Fish*
LYSANDER!?!?!?!? you suggest that we could possibly Make an Iron Warrior with the Name of The Hero of the Great Enemy, The Canarymarines, The Imperial Fists!?!?!?!? for shame. be suggesting we paint giant hands on our tanks and think of Bright Yellow as Good Battlefield camouflage next

--------------------
People remind me of Slinkys. They are for the most part a useless toy. But it does make me smile pushing one down a flight of stairs.

user posted image
W / L / D
26 7 3
Iron Corsair
  Posted: Oct 22 2008, 12:07 PM

Battle Brother

*EEEEK! Don't hurt me!*

Whoopsies! My bad, sorry, I forgot that thrice cursed hot dog bananaman's name was censored.gif LYSANDER!

--------------------
BurnArt the Ravenbane
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 12:31 PM

Obliterator

Member No.: 751

mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

bwahahaha

Well, IronCorsair, thanx to this incredible faux pas we will all surely remember you right from the beggining of your quest for glory in the Halls of Iron:)

--------------------
"Hard as Iron! Sharp as Steel! Stop for no man! You better beg and kneel!"

Judas Priest "Hard as Iron"

Chamber of the Everchosen
Yautja
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 11:02 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,215

Haha well that is a point, he Will be remembered... For his obvious Status as an Imperial Fist Spy!!!! *Stares at Corsair*

Hehe jokes, Lysander is a common name tongue.gif you are forgiven for your Heresy

--------------------
People remind me of Slinkys. They are for the most part a useless toy. But it does make me smile pushing one down a flight of stairs.

user posted image
W / L / D
26 7 3
BurnArt the Ravenbane
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 12:02 AM

Obliterator

How can you defend him !? Common or not, Lysander is a curse here! Lord Perturabo should crush you both with the Seigebreaker for this!

And our very existence is based, among other things, on NOT being forgiven for the Heresy:P

laugh.gif

--------------------

Iron Corsair
  Posted: Oct 23 2008, 11:24 AM

Battle Brother

*Gaspth!* Emoticon___PWNED.gif That's what's going to happen to me!

Anyway, when I'm thinking of names I usually use German names for my SMs or IGs. Bu Greeks cool to.

You know, I think I'll write a story with a similar theme, this one lousy CSM who the Dark Gods think is funny to watch as he trys to gain their favor by doing all sorts of stuff...but doing it all wrong and having to be a general janitor about it. Oh and guess what his name is tongue.gif

--------------------
BurnArt the Ravenbane
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 11:42 AM

Obliterator

German names are used for Empire characters in WFB, therefore I think it'd be very fine to use them for Imperial Guard forces. Still, as the Imperium consists of millions of worlds, any set of names can go for them.

As for Space Marine Legion chapters and Traitor Legions the choice is not so broad as they usualy already have a set up theme. Thus I'd stick with greek or roman names for Iron Warriors, as fluff is very important to me.

Besides, look at the names of the characters in the Emperor's Pointy Sticks chapter laugh.gif

--------------------

kelaino
Posted: Jan 31 2009, 03:25 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 993

Gorgon and Chimera also fit into the list, both being monsters of the greek mythology. Gorgons being Medusa and her two sisters and chimera being quite a beculiar beast (Front of a lion, middle of a goat [complete with head poking up in the back] and the hind quarters of a snake).

Typhon, the god of winds is also up for the grabs, if someone dares to use Typhus birth name.

Ladon was also some kind of dragon.

Great list either way, lotsa names I've never heard of.

L censored.gif r would be a perfect name for a diorama where one warrior is bullied by the rest of his squad. Or on a little tag on a crucified Imperial Fist. I'm sure that Iron corsair just was content with our enemies fitting neatly into our fluff in more than one way wink.gif

--------------------
"I will never send infantry on a job better suited for orbital bombardment"
Commander Skaav
  Posted: Aug 25 2009, 10:28 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,388

I created my own names for my two IW characters.

Lord Ignatius Tolkar, and Commander Veridius Skaav, unfortunately I can't remember the original inspiration for their creations, I think I was simply trying random sounding words, and they sounded the best.

Looking at the greek names list, Daedalus is a personal favourite of mine, as I've used the name for loyalist space marines in my old loyalist army.

Icarus and Helios have also cropped up on my older army lists too for my former black legion army.

happy.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Iron Within, Iron Without!

For Perturabo and Medrengard!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Iron Warriors Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2064 seconds | Archive