Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Fallen Dark Angels, comments on army list
harder
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 02:15 AM

Battle Brother

Group: Members
Member No.: 528

Hey guys, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to do a Fallen angels list(with the chaos marine codex). I am doing so in inspiration for the new dark angels codex that will be out soon, soon enough. I will be having an escalation like campaign against my buddy much like the one from the whitedwarf a little while back. Anyways, I will not be working on them within a month or two but I would like it if I could get ahold of some pictures of thies traitorous brethren. If anybody would be able to set me in the right direction(possibly some links) that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Harder
p.s. modeling ideas would be much appreciated aswell.
Warsmith Varthrok
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 02:55 AM

Champion

Member No.: 902

well, if your using the fallen, may I suggest using the cypher model (or at least some of it) for your leader? Other that that, I'd say give them all robes, and base them on chaos space marine models.

--------------------
user posted image
In the ever famous words of Borat:
"I like you, I like sex. It's nice!"

98% of teens have turned to rap. if you are one of the 8% of teens who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Khargoth
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 03:00 AM

Iron Captain

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 374

As far as I know, there really isn't any canonical artwork of Fallen. An idea might be to combine the coming Dark Angels boxed set with a box of Chaos Marines. Think Dark Angels with Chaotic iconography. Shredded robes and mutations, ooh that'd be cool. Another idea might be 'rogue marines' who have rejected the Emperor but haven't taken to Chaos. So loyalist models with the iconography crudely scratched off or painted over.

I'd hold off the army for a while, as there might be some Fallen rules/artwork in the coming Codex. I have to say, having a Fallen army list in there similar to Adversaries for Daemonhunters would be extremely cool.

--------------------
BETRAYAL IS WHAT FORGED ME
HATRED IS WHAT DRIVES ME
VENGEANCE IS WHAT CONSUMES ME

HQ & Elites Conversion Competition Winner
blackcell8
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 01:49 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Yeah, wait untill the new Dark Angels Codex comes out. Might even include new ruls for Cypher rolleyes.gif

But include him whenever possible! Can't have a Fallen arm without him really! But otherwise, I'd make them all robed, hooded? Remember that not all of the Fallen have gone to Chaos, so I'd tone down the whole 'Chaos' feel. Of course, as the Dark Andels chaged colour to green to seperate themselves from the Fallen, remember to paint them Pre-Heresy! Stupid GW making Cypher green dry.gif ...

--------------------
harder
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 01:56 PM

Battle Brother

Thanks for the feed back already,really appreciate it. I really like the fact that some are not yet chaos, their just renegades, so therefor I shouldn't go balls out with chaos iconography, just some subtle conversions should do. They should be robed and hooded but I dont think I would want to do that to every model due to the fact that its both too much work and I don't want all the models to have it. My chosen are going to be all robed and hooded as well as my aspiring champions and HQs. The only question I have is how is there armour, it's black right(pre-heresy), I know its and older style also, but what did they do about the imperial iconography? Did they remove it all, put painted crosses over it, scratch it up, leave it on? If anybody can answer that questions that would be awesome! Thanks for your time.

Harder
blackcell8
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 02:44 PM

Iron Lord

Well, if I'm right (and my knowledge of Pre-Heresy isn't amazing), but only the Emperor's Children were allowed to use the Aquila. So the Fallen wouldn't have any Imperial symbols. But, they might have kept the Dark Angels chapter icon, to show they are not traitors. I wouldn't desercrate the DA symbol, but don't have any other Imperial icons either.

--------------------
harder
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 01:39 PM

Battle Brother

Thank you again. What list do you guys think I should use, I've been told by a friend to use the lost and the damned becasue the fallen supposidly corrupt humans and lead within their rank(traitorguard w/ asp champs). So, please tell me what you guys think I should go about doing. Thanks.

Harder
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 01:56 PM

Hobby Champion

Member No.: 85

You could alway use Alpha Legion if you plan a Marine heavy list on Fallen Angles as you also get cultiest with them.

Or of course as your friends say Lost & the damned.

On that note, you may want to wait until the Dark Angle plastic models come out & use them. Also there a new Cypher model ment for release, not sure when he due but there is a new model due out.

IP

--------------------
IW 5th Grand Company record since 04:W-274, L-252, D-123, Games play 649, Best army award GW Glasgow GW 2005, Conflict 02/05 - top 5 best armies, UK GT heat 1 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V 06, Stirling Rapid Fire 06 2nd/08 4th & 2nd best army/09 8th & best painted army, 40k Radio 08 5thScotland-38thWorld, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby champion 08, 2nd at ELG Compulsion 09, ELG Counter attack 09 4th &Best army, ToS12-2nd best chaos player+2nd best Army top 8 Army nominee, Armies on Parade 12
blackcell8
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 08:04 PM

Iron Lord

Yes, if you are planning to use humans as Cultists or Traitors, work on them now, and don't start on the Fallen themselves untill the Dark Angels codex and therefore, models comes out.

--------------------
Warsmith Varthrok
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 05:52 AM

Champion

Member No.: 902

another option for fallen

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/...3MoF_003_A.html

looks alot better than the upcoming dark angels boxed set if you ask me. Also allows for more flexibility/personality

--------------------
user posted image
In the ever famous words of Borat:
"I like you, I like sex. It's nice!"

98% of teens have turned to rap. if you are one of the 8% of teens who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
harder
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 01:26 PM

Battle Brother

Thanks for the link, it has helped me decide on how to paint them. I think I've seen a few people do it but, how about the black armour but work up the highlights to a green as well as black robes and work up to purple highlights, kina give them that rouge feel.

My friend has given me the idea of traitorous watcher(the little guys who carry helemets). So, what I would do is model up some robes figures and out of the arm sockets talons would be put there, to give a dark sinister feel, but the angel wings would still be present, I think that would tie it back in with the fallen. Please tell me what you think. Thank you again.

Harder
dertranger
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 02:32 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 854

How about giving them damaged wings?

--------------------

Gaming Record-----W/D/L
Iron Warriors--------10/0/0
Empire----------------6/0/0
Space Orks-----------2/0/0
Lotr (Major battles)--4/1/5

See my Army here.

blackcell8
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 02:35 PM

Iron Lord

Or black feathered wings? Truly Fallen then.

--------------------
harder
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 06:29 PM

Battle Brother

I was thinking of doing them as pure white to show that they are good guys and give them the talons and what not but I do quite like black feathers, that would look good.

I was thinking about unit selection. When it comes to the lost and the damned list you have so many options so, I was having trouble picking. I was thinking o using the true fallen as a allied chosen unit and I was also thinking of some Dark Angel Red Corsairs, thought that could be cool, there just turning renegades. All I was told that the Fallen should not have a large amount and no mutants(Dark Angels don't like those things). If anybody else has any ideas it would be much appreciated if you could share. Through many drafts I have come up with this list, please take a look at comment;

1500 Fallen(Lost and the Damned)

HQ:
Fallen Veterans
Aspiring Champion w/ mark of undivided, power weapon, bolt pistol, frag, d.strength
Aspiring Champion w/ mark of undivided, power fist, bolt pistol-125

Elite:
Fallen Veteran Squad
6 Chosen w/ mark of undivided, furious charge, frag, 2 lascannons, 2 Aspiring Champions w/ power weapons, bolt pistols, d.strength-252

Troop:
Dark Angels Red Corsairs
10 Chaos Marines w/ frag, infiltrate, 2 plasmaguns, Aspiring Champion w/ kiagun-238

Traitor Imperial Company
15 Traitors w/ flamer, icon, Agitator w/ power fist, laspistol-153

15 Traitors w/ flamer, icon, Agitator w/ power fist, laspistol-153

10 Traitors w/ autocannon, sniper rifle-100

10 Traitors w/ autocannon, sniper rifle-100

Fast Attack:
The Watchers
6 Furies-90

Traitor Hellhound
Hellhound w/ extra armour, smoke launchers-123

Heavy Support:
Traitor Leman Russ
Leman Russ w/ hull heavy bolter, heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, smoke launchers-163

Total-1497

Harder
Thanks again.
Khargoth
Posted: Dec 23 2006, 12:39 PM

Iron Captain

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 374

Looks like a very good list. My only comment would be to drop the Lascannons from the Chosen squad, as they're very expensive, and the lascannons conflicts with all the other CC wargear you've given them. Perhaps juggle your points a bit and squeeze a Heavy Weapons squad in there with two or three Lascannons to give you some anti-tank firepower.

--------------------
BETRAYAL IS WHAT FORGED ME
HATRED IS WHAT DRIVES ME
VENGEANCE IS WHAT CONSUMES ME

HQ & Elites Conversion Competition Winner
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Chaos Strategum | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1245 seconds | Archive