Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Coming this summer
hushrong
Posted: Mar 19 2011, 06:53 AM

Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,452

Anyone going to pick this up? I saw an ad that it comes out this summer with no specific date.

I have only seen a few videos of an Ultramarine hack and slashing his way through Orks. Some scenes of the same UM (I think) fending off Stormboyz from a Valkyrie. Other than that...nothing much else.

So far it looks alright graphically but I am wondering if it will have a good story and that its gameplay will not be repetitive.

--------------------
blackcell8
Posted: Mar 19 2011, 07:44 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Maybe. This year I've got so many games I'm looking at. The problem is whether or not they can really make you feel like a Space Marine.

It's a dilemma with all 40K games.

On one hand, you want to be a Space Marine, they are rightly GW's poster boys. A warrior without equal, and a rich background which makes them so compelling, they scream 'sci-fi' but also 'fantasy'. You want to be a Marine, you want to wade through traitors and xenos with ease.

But the problem is that that either means you will have no real challenge, and will have to mostly face Chaos Marines or the more powerful xenos, just to keep you on your toes.

But this is where the game developers usually fail. They make the Marines feel like tabletop Marines. But every scrap of fluff makes them out to be so much more. So as a Marine, you'll probably feel underpowered. Or they will realise you need to face the more powerful foes, Chaos Marines and the like. But then they might make you fluff-powerful. So you're now insanely powerful compared to your enemies, which should be equals.

Ideally, you should be a Guardsman, to make the Marines feel appropriately powerful. But Relic tried that, and you ended up being the most powerful Tau Fire Warrior in existence. Also its no fun not playing as a Marine.

So I'm hoping they release a demo, then I might consider it. Otherwise I have a feeling this is another 'good idea, poorly implemented' job like 90% of GW games.

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 12:45 AM

Chosen

There are quite a few games that have come out or will be soon that I want to pick up for ps3. Hopefully I will have time in the summer for some gaming.

I do hope for a demo of this game as its proposed release date Q2 2011/summer is nearing. I understand the need to balance this out.

I think orks were a good (though common choice) for an enemy besides traitor astartes (i remember seeing a vid from a dev diary with two chaos marines...but it was so long ago I could just be imagining it). Orks are pretty tough and very numerous...but this is where I worry about constantly just having to hack and slash through hordes of foes like its dynasty warrior 40,000.

I do hope it does well unlike Squad Command or Fire Warrior. Those were good ways to pass time but...ughhhhh. * I do remember guardsmen in Fire Warrior being tough, put a clip into an enemy and it looks like he went down...then he just got up for some more.

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 01:40 AM

Chosen

Well, a double post but some interesting pics regarding the game.

Gamespot.com-WH40kSpaceMarine

Besides all the orks we have seen, this update shows a Bloodletter, chaos renegades, and a rogue psykers (the last two designed to look like FW minis sort of).

I do not expect much from the renegades but I can imagine the Bloodletter and rogue psyker being a fun opponent. Hope we can see some traitor astartes too in this game.

I do wonder how the story goes. Seeing a bunch of orks and some chaos forces makes me think of DoW1 where Alpha Legion draw in a Waagh to the planet. I do hope they set up a very good story.

--------------------
blackcell8
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 11:51 AM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Ok, that makes me more interested. I like that they went with the Forge World Renegades for the designs, rather than Dawn of War's Cultists.

Will have to keep an eye on this game...

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:26 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,465

Warhammer 40k Space Marine Exclusive Behind the Scenes of the Universe Trailer [HD] .. put this in youtube if you have not wached..

--------------------
[CENTER]user posted image[/CENTER]
hushrong
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 09:20 PM

Chosen

Interesting video but I have to rewatch it later. *at the Uni Library with no headphones.

Saw something about warlord titans...interesting, neat to see enemies get diced up (even though one ork's torso exploded from a tackle), and I hope they will show more about chaos soon.

This game, following behind Battlefield 3 & Resident Evil: ORC, is on the top 3 of my wishlist.

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 10:40 PM

Battle Brother

QUOTE (hushrong @ Apr 19 2011, 09:20 PM)
Interesting video but I have to rewatch it later. *at the Uni Library with no headphones.

Saw something about warlord titans...interesting, neat to see enemies get diced up (even though one ork's torso exploded from a tackle), and I hope they will show more about chaos soon.

This game, following behind Battlefield 3 & Resident Evil: ORC, is on the top 3 of my wishlist.

SPOILER ALERT! bye the way in the trailer with orbital bombardment at the left side there is a carnifex getting roflstomped by the warlord titan and it seems they are using the same model as dow2 which is interesting to see a bit. Aswell that they might be adding some fresh tyranids, rather than just orks, chaos and overglorified arrogant smurfs angry.gif

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 12:23 AM

Chosen

QUOTE (Barabas @ Apr 19 2011, 10:40 PM)
SPOILER ALERT! bye the way in the trailer with orbital bombardment at the left side there is a carnifex getting roflstomped by the warlord titan and it seems they are  using the same model as dow2 which is interesting to see a bit. Aswell that they might be adding some fresh tyranids, rather than just orks, chaos and overglorified arrogant smurfs angry.gif

I think I keep missing it, but at what time is the Orbital Bombardment being shown? I would like to see that.

As for the models being similar to the DoW stuff, I am sure there are similarities since it is Relic making this game.

I do not know how they would fit Tyranids, Orks, and Chaos together.
-Orks on a WAAAGGHH and appear to be stealing stuff from a titan
-Chaos possibly taking advantage of the situation and entering the fray for whatever reason (or who knows what else and I also hope they do not copy the story of the first DoW)
-Tyranid out to NOM NOM NOM
-Noble Ultramarines who have marched from Macragge and Know No Fear (they really aren't that bad...they just hog the spotlight a lot) out to save the day.

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 09:44 AM

Battle Brother

type in warhammer 40k space marine extended trailer and theres a thing saying warhammer 40k demo E3 , at the beggining skip to 4;20. And sioce its extended trailer there may be some new things in the trailer you have not seen before so feel free to watch. yes.gif

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: May 4 2011, 08:35 PM

Battle Brother

hey guys O.M.G they announced csm vs sm read here. Poxee said:
Now that I know I can be a Chaos Marine in multiplayer, I want this game even more than before. Looking forward to Kill! Maim! Burn! my Spess Mehren friends. FOR THE DARK GODS!

airshocker said:
8v8 multiplayer SM vs CSM? HELL YEAH! This game was already a first day buy for me, and I think this just made it so for a lot of other people.

Death_Blooms28 said:
This game is looking better and better everytime gamespot does an video interview. The multiplayer sounds like it has some great ideas i.e, painting your own marine (Black Templars FTW! lol) and having 8v8 could lead to some interesting battles. It would be pretty cool if a limited edition was made and you got a miniature of Captain Titus or somthing.

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: May 4 2011, 09:14 PM

Chosen

I will have to go check out gamespot. I have been swamped with a lot of class work and only manage time to work on a few minis.

However, if there is multiplayer then that is pretty sweet. That is a big factor when i purchase games. If there is no multiplayer (so i can squad with friends) then I wont buy it. Plus, multiplayer keeps the game going for me.

I also wonder how MP will work on SM. Is it only CSM vs SM or will it include the orks and renegades? I also wonder if it will be like games such as Battlefield or CoD where you can unlock more stuff when you 'level up".

some interesting news, thanks for sharing that Barabas!

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: May 5 2011, 06:17 PM

Battle Brother

QUOTE (hushrong @ May 4 2011, 09:14 PM)
I will have to go check out gamespot. I have been swamped with a lot of class work and only manage time to work on a few minis.

However, if there is multiplayer then that is pretty sweet. That is a big factor when i purchase games. If there is no multiplayer (so i can squad with friends) then I wont buy it. Plus, multiplayer keeps the game going for me.

I also wonder how MP will work on SM. Is it only CSM vs SM or will it include the orks and renegades? I also wonder if it will be like games such as Battlefield or CoD where you can unlock more stuff when you 'level up".

some interesting news, thanks for sharing that Barabas!

btw if you find the interview vid they took the part out about mp and csm out.gggrrr....ARGH

--------------------
Barabas
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 06:39 PM

Battle Brother

My Webpage alpha legion probably since the armour is even black or blue and because ultramarines. alpha legion hate ultramarines...

--------------------
Drake Malice
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 11:11 AM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,521

I play on xbox, GT is LordDrakemalice.
I fly Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion for Traitor and Blood Ravens for Loyalist
Send me a friend request to cause some mayhem.
I go Tac-Bolter-Kraken, Targeting
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Theatres of War | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2065 seconds | Archive