Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

reworked warsmith fluff
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Oct 25 2011, 08:21 PM

Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,461

so after realising that the campaign i was playing in against my buddy became unrealistic (due to him moving far far away!) i thought about the fluff for my warsmith and realised that i should rework it a little so it would become 'my' fluff rather than my buddys fluff so here goes..

Thanatos Ares

In the days before the Horus Heresy Thanatos Ares rose to the rank of Warsmith through his dilligence in prosecuting the great crusade. His hatred of Xenos and those who would not come into compliance was legendary even outside the Legion. It is said that even the great Imperial Fist Sigismund handed him a purity seal he had been given by his own primarch Rogal Dorn as a mark of respect. However when the Emperor abandoned his loyal sons and handed control to the Warmaster Horus, Thanatos, like so many others felt the loss of his lord and creator deeply.

He rejected the Lodges established by the travelling Apostles of the Word Bearers legion, until he was issued into one by Perturabo himself, his loyalty to the primarch over riding his dislike of Lorgars Legion. At Istvaan V he witnessed the first manifestations of chaos taking hold of his battle brothers and he rejected it firmly. When Horus’ vision for the galaxy was made clear to him Thanatos embraced it more fully than any other Warsmith, and he siezed upon the opportunity to crush those weak enough to cower beside an Emperor who would not fight for his own empire. The imperium he had helped to create would be razed to the ground, it would be rebuilt on truth – not false ideals and lies.

In the ten thousand years since the end of the Heresy Ares has led his Grand Company with ruthless efficiency following the orders of his primarch and the vision of Horus. Thanatos’ loyalty has been stretched almost to breaking point by the deviations he see’s in his Legion, crushing those within his company who do not fight the long war, anyone fighting for personal gain or selfish ambition are used as implements of war, but ultimately do not rise in the ranks of Ares’ command structure.

Having voiced his concerns on the “corruption” of the daemonic Thanatos was summoned to Perturabos personal chambers on their adopted homeworld deep within the eye of terror. After having his fears about the daemonic proved unfounded by his meeting with his Primarch, Ares’ puts the ‘lesser’ servants of the great powers to good use. He does, however, prefer to use ‘real astartes’ where possible.

He has followed in the footsteps of his Primarch and Horus before him by venerating the powers in equal measure, resisting becoming a pawn to any one power. Ares’ continues to fight the long war against the hated imperium with a passion that burns as strong now as when he was laying siege to the false ‘emperors’ palace on terra all those years ago.

“I met your emperor once. And most assuredly he is not a god, more than a man–certainly, but definitely not a god” – Attributed to Thanatos Ares, warsmith of the 42nd Grand Company of the IV Legion Astartes, as retreaved from a fallen unknown Chaplain of the Imperial Fists vox log upon the surface of Cadia during the 7th Black Crusade of Ezekyle Abaddon.

--------------------
"When we ascended to godhood and rose above our own mortality, we thought ourselves blessed. What fools we had been.

And now we, the Iron Warriors, still continue to fight the Long War. We bring to every world and foe tidings of fire & ash, and one day it will consume us as well. There is no doubt, that we are truly damned."
quoted from Hushrongs 'Heart of Iron'
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Legio IV | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0708 seconds | Archive