Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Chaos Rumours 2012
jesseye
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:31 AM

Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,528

yea reading that pretty much sounds like trolling, i would say speculation but thats what all rumors are. if eldar are the worst selling army then how does it have such a loyal fanbase? as for it being girl friendly i see more girls playing kharne here than any other, and gw never seemed to try to get the girl fan base anyway.

how does a snort imply anything other than somone finds your question stupid, or you stink like a troll.

how does two power armies in one box have anything at all to do with rogue trader? when that game was released there wasnt a spacemarine box set yet and it was just released as a book. look at what the games starting with second edition was released with. orks/marines, dark eldar/marines, nids/marines, orks/marines. i hope i didnt forget one. in each edition the codexes came out pretty quik to support the armies in the box, not always but close with the exception of 2nd. we know chaos is going to play a big part in the game for awhile with the popularity of their horus heresy books and with dark millenium around the corner. reason everyone is saying da in this release is because the white dwarfs since jan have a da on the spine. each edition has a bit more of the pic. the pic should be complete soon if not already. who knows what it means but it has to mean somthing and its deffinatly not just for a codex.

i myself have been trying not to read to much into the rumors circulating and who can understand the workings of a powermad corporation. i just dont like to see somone get upset about it. thats what the trolls are trying to start. ive heard several ideas about the new box, and two marine armies i feel will sell more copies of the game to new players than any other edition they have had. and chaos and da are the two most distinctive they make bar none. it will appeal to young boys, its the gijoe cobra starwars affect.

and like loki said theres alot of trolling there. i myself wouldnt be surprised if there was a whole new race in the box. to be honest with the way they have been going there may not be a set at all. the whole two set deal i mentioned earlier is doubtful except for the one fact that gw is money hungry. its like them to make two sets and have to buy them both to play one scenario. but one box packed full sounds bout right. regretfully da sounds right to. ba gk and sw have been updated. chaos is just everyones hope and somone in gw has led us to beleive thats what it is. but they are masters of redirection. keep your fingers crossed. it wont be much longer. its the time of year they like to release big things.

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:44 AM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (jesseye @ Apr 18 2012, 09:31 AM)
yea reading that pretty much sounds like trolling, i would say speculation but thats what all rumors are. if eldar are the worst selling army then how does it have such a loyal fanbase? as for it being girl friendly i see more girls playing kharne here than any other, and gw never seemed to try to get the girl fan base anyway.

Actually, Eldar do have a surprisingly loyal fanbase. If you see someone playing Eldar, it's because they love that army, not because it's a powerful one. I lost count of the amount of people who play Grey Knights or Space Wolves because they are powerful armies. I remember playing one guy's Wolves, and curious, I asked what's his Wold Lord called, I mean, even though most people don't name everything like I do, most people at least name their HQ. And he responded, confused, saying "My what? Oh you mean the big guy? I dunno, don't care, but he'll rip you to shreds in combat though".

Believe me, you will not get that with Eldar players.

As for the rumours, I'm looking at them, but I won't read much into them. At the end of the day, the Codex will be what it will be, reading rumours beforehand won't change anything. From what I've heard though, the Codex seems to be a huge improvement, as for release dates, who knows? I'm hoping for later this year, but I'm expecting it early next year.

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 03:50 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 1,452

Yeah, I hope this is trolling/false information. I cannot remember what was the big rumor thread that turned out to be entirely false (guy admitted he made it up)...and that was only a few weeks ago on warseer.

I'm split on the idea of a split set of starters. Sounds cool and sounds kind of lame at the same time. If it is the DA v. CSLegion, my buddy and I are going to split a box. and if I can get my hands on one for myself...I'll keep the DA for a 2nd army or start up a Fallen army w/ conversions.

The idea of a split set of starters, one army and terrain, is just unappealing because I would not mind having both of those armies. Even more so when I can buy just one box and have a decent starting point.

As for naming stuff. I think myself and my one friend make fluff for our armies. I love fluff and its what REALLY gets me into my army. The other guys seem to play to win (and have fun) so they'll bring the stuff that can/will "rip you to shreds". I'll ask my buddy, who has a large eldar army and who is a pretty big fan of them, what the name of his leader is. I'd bet $20 its "leader guy with seer council on bikes" or something similar.

--------------------
jesseye
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:26 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 1,528

dont get me wrong cell im not saying there arnt alot of loyal eldar players, with the design of the army and background its easy to get sucked into them. however all the armies have loyal fanbases, and the majority of players right now fall into the i dont care range right now as you said. however older players who still play for love of game will have their dedications to their army.

hush it is speculation not carved in stone. i myself think if the box is split you will get a larger selection of models of each army at hopefully a cheaper price. however i like buying the two army sets and setting the other army to the side until i have a use for it myself. we will see.

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
Insane Psychopath
Posted: May 28 2012, 09:03 AM

Hobby Champion

Member No.: 85

While not Chaos Marines as such.

The Warhammer 40k rule book is no longer on sale

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...GameStyle=wh40k

On that note the July issue of the White Dwarf is release on the 23rd. It is usely release on the last Sat of the month (unless other wise said like Oct last year & Jan issue earily this year), which is 30th June.

As we all see rumour that 6th ed being release pretty much next month. Summer alway has been the time frame for new rule release for both Warhammer & Warhammer 40k.

Also just a summary of rumour from warseer. When time permit I will sort out the first post/update it a bit more

14 Jan 2012 - This week saw very little apart from theDarkGeneral reiterating the following:
- Plastic Plaguebearers in the works
- Chaos set to get some faster vehicles (supporting ghost21's claim of "sort of" Landspeeders)
- Inclusion of a new Landraider varient (no clues as to which), and
- Daemon Engines taken 3-per-slot (again, no clues as to which Engines)

The one new piece of info was that Spawn packs could be increasing in max size and gaining the ability to be Marked.

22 Jan 2012 - This week theDarkGenral again brought up Legion-specific sprues, saying it looked like Power Armour and Terminator Armour would be on separate sprues.

These would include heads, shoulder pads, banners, a few weapon options (possibly chest plates?), and I assume would likely be Direct Only like the Battlewagon upgrade, but this is not confirmed.

He also said CSM would get a new box with all upgrade options (I assume he means special weapons here, as I doubt heavies would all be included)

He went on to say all Cult Marines would get new kits in the future, but implied they wouldn't be out at release (I wouldn't expect them to have that many kits in a first wave )

So the main concept was that the new CSM box could be upgraded using one of the Legion-specific sprues to make Legions troops.

This has lead to the re-posting of the unreleased Aspiring Champion Terminator upgrade bits seen at a Games Day some time ago. It is not clear if this has anything to do with what theDarkGeneral's rumours.

30 Jan 2012 - Apart from a lot of discussion about Thousand Sons and the Rubrik, nothing much happened this week. theDarkGeneral did make a post supporting reds8n's assertion that Phil Kelly is writing the book (or finishing it to be more accurate). This leaves us with two fairly strong rumous that Mat Ward is the author and another two caliming it's Phil Kelly. What the truth is remains to be seen.

07 Feb 2012 - Some interesting things occurred this week, with ghost21 posting that he "Made it up" calling all of his rumours into question. I have kept them in the summary, but highlighted them red, so as to ensure any instances of rumour reverb can be identified easily.

theDarkGeneral again claimed a Juggernaught mounted unit called Brazen Knights will appear and would also have a Fantasy equivalent. What this mean's for a possible kit is unclear.

New poster Son of Perturabo has also made some claims supporting the Legions/Renegades split, speculating on a Nov/Dec release and going against Harry by claiming it will NOT be the first 6th edition book.

75hastings69 shot down the rumours of Plastic Plague Bearers in the 6th edition starter set. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be a full kit at some point. Time will tell.

13 Feb 2012 - Darnok recently brought some more rumours to the table regarding Chaos, saying the codex is “done and almost at the printers” whatever that means.

He also spoke of a few miniatures we can expect to see, including an Iron Warriors character with servo harness, possible new Obliterators, and plastic Plaguebearers on round bases. What with 75hastings69's recent denial of Plaguebearers in the starter set, it is possible these are a full plastic kit.

Darnok also said that painted versions of all four Cult Terminators have been sighted, but said they could have been conversions. These could have been made with the sprues other rumours have mentioned.

21 Feb 2012 - This week theDarkGeneral told us new Chaos Bikes and the New Dread have been spotted by GW Memphis staff, who claim these plastic kits have lots of bits.

They also apparently have a pdf of some sort and say it "screams death and carnage"

The bikes were confirmed as being new, not recut, and the Dread was described as a "crazy spikey combat dread"

theDarkGeneral also implied that there may be an additional heavy weapon upgrade for Chaos units, but was supposedly told it's not a Plasma Cannon

ant1clock let us know his local GW told him that the Thousand Sons kit is no longer available because they are moving to Finecast. It is unclear if this means a new, all Finecast kit, or if the existing metal components will move to FC.

27 Feb 2012 - This week saw a lot of speculation about new Thousand Sons miniatures based solely on the unique looking Thousand Sons corpse on the base of the new Finecast Thunderwolf Lord. Some believe it to foreshadow new sculpts, whilst others point out that scenic bits for other armies have appeared in kits before without new kits for those eventuating (e.g. Plaguebearers). Personnally, I don't think it means anything.

TheDarkGeneral told us that early discussions included the idea of Legion-specific “Daemonic Rider” units, such as Disc mounted Rubriks, Beast mounted Plague Marines, Seeker mounted Noise Marines, and the previously mentioned “Brazen Knights”, but went on to imply development may have stalled because of the question, “What would the other Traitor Legions get?”

theDarkGeneral also suggested that Chaos may get more Predator weapon options similar to Razorbacks (by which I think he means slightly lighter armed), revealing one of these options could be a Twin Linked Plasmagun turret with single Plasmagun sponsons.

08 Mar 2012 - Sorry for the late update here, but RL has taken it's toll again . Since my last update theDarkGeneral has dropped a few more claims into the mix.

Firstly, he says that Obliterator weapon morphs could be expanded beyond just energy weapons. InsanePsychopath pointed out that a recent piece of Black Library fiction depicted Obliterators morphing Assault Cannons (for what that's worth).

Secondly, that several special characters look to be getting varying levels of Eternal Warrior (1-3), including Abaddon, Kharn, Typhus and two more. How this will be worded is unclear, but if the Codex drops after 6th Edition, that would solve any possible problems.

Thirdly, that there will be more options for "mid-level" characters possibly able to be taken taken as 2-for-1 HQ choices, or possibly as "as a separate Elite or Fast or Troop choice that can be split off" The example he gave was a possible unit of Dark Apostles that can then split off as squad leaders. This could end up being a sort of Wolf Guard unit, it is not yet clear.

More recently, theDarkGeneral has claimed that Chaos will likely struggle to combat psykers, but Khornate characters will have ways of nullifying psychic abilities aimed at them.

He went on to say that Thousand Sons will have more basic unit upgrades and that Tzeentch could be getting a Daemon Engine of some sort.

He then supposed that Alpha Legion may force enemies to take Ld tests before they move or shoot. Some have pointed out that this ability would be cumbersome and very annoying for the enemy player, if not both players.

So, lots of interesting things to discuss there. Hopefully that will keep people form harping on about that one Thousand Sons torso in the Thunderwolf kit again

18 Mar 2012 - theDarkGeneral said recently that the Dex is finished and should be leaving the printers shortly for warehousing ahead of distribution in the next couple of months.

He went on the say there is supposedly four waves of miniature releases planned.

He also claimed some mark-specific vehicle upgrades reminicent of the 3.5 Codex may appear, such as Poisoned flamers for Nurgle, higher strength/lower AP weapons for Tzeentch, Sonic weaponry for Slaanesh and "brutal blades" for Khorne (a possble reference to the old Destroyer upgrade, maybe?)

theDarkGeneral also said that there will be definition between Raptors and "Chaos Assault Marines", with Raptors being a new cult for Night Lords and "Assault Marines" being available to all Legions with the ability to be marked. Opinion seems divided on whether this would be a good move or not.

He went on to say that HQ choicess will effect the types of units and marks available to your Army, mentioning that "IF 6th Edition returns to Percentages, the Codex will make more sense"

Squeezed into this was the claim that Daemons could be redone for both 40K and Fantasy sometime in 2013, with new Greater Daemon models being released at that time. This has led to some discussion of large plastic kits incorporating special character builds in the vein of the Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord kit, but this is all wild speculation at the moment, and not a lot is likely to become clear on that from this year.

23 Mar 2012 - theDarkGeneral has had a lot to say in recent days, so here's a wrap-up:

theDarkGeneral has said the book should allow players to field Legion-specific armies that have a uniqueness similar to older Dex's whilst simultaneously allowing fexible mixed force builds.

theDarkGeneral has clarified that HQ selections may change what units "count as" (unclear if this means FOC slot used or counting as scoring etc), wargear upgrades for squads and vehicles, access to Daemons, and possibly affect unit sizes.

theDarkGeneral has claimed that there could be many more flying options in this book, including "Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive), Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive), Chaos Assault Marines (average), and Raptors". He also implied Cult troops could possibly get access to Jump Packs changing their FOC slot, but that part of his post could easily have been wishful thinking, especially given he also said there could be some tough choices, with most units unable to move FOC slots. He did mention he had heard it may be possible for certain units under certain conditions to occupy 2 different FOC slots simultaneously, but was dubious about this.

He has gone on to say that Chosen and Possessed could be recieving the most significant overhaul in the book. There is a chance HQ characters could take a unit of Chosen as a bodyguard as an upgrade, thereby not taking up an Elites slot.

Possessed will be more viable, losing the "game costing randomness" curretly on offer. theDarkGeneral claims they could become like the Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, picking abilities from a list before the game. theDarkGeneral has also suggested a character may allow one or more units of Possessed to be taken as Troops.

According to theDarkGeneral, Berserkers could see their Rage rule return to the old Ld test system, where a failure results in Rage as we know it. He also said that 2 ideas for Chain Axes have been floated. One being simply giving them Rending, the other being +1 Strength. It is unclear which, if any of these ideas will make the cut.

theDarkGeneral has implied Alpha Legion may be able to pass on their Infiltration abilities to their transports.

theDarkGeneral claims Lash of Submission may get downgraded in line with the Daemons Codex version and that a suite of vehicle-mounted sonic weapons were at some point play-tested for Dreads and Preadators, adding there could also possibly be a new heavier sonic weapon with some extra tank-busting capability.

theDarkGeneral has also suggested there may be one or more large Apocalypse sized released for Chaos in the near future too, possibly including some kind of Autocannon-toting flyer, although what this may be is unlcear.

There was also some suggestion from theDarkGeneral that the Havoc Launcher may be upgraded to two shots.

05 Apr 2012 - theDarkGeneral has said there may not be much focus on newer Chaos Space Marine chapters, keeping things squarely on the original 9 Traitor Legions and their splinter factions. This means it's likely there won't be much or any love for Huron.

He also said he believed Chaos may get a form of Preferred Enemy, but was unsure which units.

On Daemons, theDarkGeneral has claimed that Daemon Princes could wind up being the only "Marked" Daemonic creatures. What this means is unclear. Could be he means there are no God-specicif Daemons, or that they are there, just that they don't use "Marks".

Whilst on the subject of Daemon Princes, theDarkGeneral also claims they will move more in line with the ones in the Daemon Codex but "with a more Chaos Space Marine feel", gong on to say they may gain specific benefits for different Legions.

Terminators were a big topic, with theDark general claiming Chosen may not have access to Terminator Armour (contradicting his previous rumour), but that Cult Terminators would return in some form. He went on to say he believed there would only be two Terminator units, claiming one was some sort of "generic cult" unit that was given special rules according to the Legion being played. He made sure to reinforce that this was an early playtest, so things could have changed.

Stickmonkey has also implied that a plastic Chaos drop pod could be in the works, but tempered that by saying we probably wouldn't see it any time soon. Whether the kit is released soon or not, there could be a chance of the rules appearing in the Codex though.

28 Apr 2012 - Another long wait for an update, and I'm sorry for that, but much has happened, so here goes.

theDarkGeneral has made thinly veiled implications on a couple of possible rules. First, Berserker could be looking at a slight point cost drop, and they could have the option for 2 Hand Flamers, plus their Khornate Chain Axes could possibly give a re-roll to wound.

He has implied that Defilers will get better and be upgradable.

He claims there will be "lots of "New" special characters ranging from bikers to (possibly) a dread and quite a few Terminator Armored ones"

He reinforced HQ selections moving units to different FOC slots.

There was also a strong implication from him that we could see Thousand Sons Psyker Dreadnoughts, Flank Marching Alpha Legion Terminators and Iron Warriors Havocs with "Tank Busters" rule.

He also suggested the idea was toyed with for Cult units to all have a list of upgrades such as Bikes, Wings/Jump Packs, Terminator Armour etc. Whether this made it through development, we'll have to wait and see.

There was also a strong implication that the following could be army-wide special rules for specific Legions:

Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral

*Iron Warriros: Tank Hunters
*Alpha Legion: Infiltrators
*Night Lords: Stealth
*Word Bearers: Stubborn
*Black Legion: Re-roll all failed LD tests.
Then we had a big dump from TastyTaste on Blood of Kittens:

Originally Posted by TastyTaste

It is about time we get some information on the new Chaos Space Marine codex. Before we get right into let us start out with some ground rules.
The Chaos Space Marine codex is the only 40k codex for this year. It is not going to be divided into two codexes or anything special. This is not the return 3.5 codex everyone has been wanting this is more a clean up than anything else.
With that said let us get started.

Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
All Cult Marines are Elites
No new Special Characters
Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on)
Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies
Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)
CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)
Lesser and Greater Demons are gone
Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast”

I feel like I am missing something…
Oh yeah…
Almost Forgot...
Rules for Traitor Guard are in!
Much of this seems strange and outlandish, but it is quite possibly only half the story. For example, many people have pointed out that Dreadnoughts being "dropped" could easily just be a name change, much like the Eldar Dreadnought became the Wraithlord, so don't start frothing too hard about that one In face, theDarkGeneral has sort of supported this theory, saying "I can totally understand/see a name alteration, and most definitely the rules are much improved."

BramGaunt shared that he'd heard Special characters such as Kharn, Ahriman etc unlock unlimited Cult units as Troop choices, but generic HQ choices with a mark allow one appropriate Cult unit as Troops (similar to Ork Warbosses and Nobz). He also said he'd heard Chaos players will need to nominate one HQ selection as the army general, and that one will determine which Cult units become troops. No taking Kharn and Ahriman and getting bothe Berserkers and Rubriks as Troops He didn't seem overly confident of this though, so take with salt.

21 May 2012 - A few new tidbits have shown up since the last update.

Dark Primus claimed to have heard a couple of minor rumours:

Originally Posted by Dark Primus

The Chaos Codex is written by Phil Kelly
Chaos Cultists can be taken in squads of 30
Named characters gives the Cultists special abilities.
There is nothing much new here, so it could be rumour reverb.

The mysterious "Grant" at faeit212 said:

Originally Posted by Grant

Also mates, since I'm posting I may as well add a snippet or two more to the firestorm...
Rhino's have 3 hull points, Landraiders and the defiler have 4. Any damage chart result other than wrecked or explodes will take 1 hull point away.

Chaos units that kill a unit get to roll on a chart for gifts from a chaos lord very similar to the power from pain rule that Phil gave to DE.

Thousand sons are still relentless and still have ap 3 bolters.
drbored has claimed an ex-forgeworld employee posited the confusion over whether there will be new special characters in the Codex has arisen because they will not appear in the first wave of model releases, and so those who get their rumours based on what models are being released will not know about the new ones. This doens't really mesh with previous rumors of a Techmarine-like character model having been spotted.

theDarkGeneral made the rather cryptic comment of:

Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral

Daemonic Possession will be the way to go with the new Codex and new Edition of rules!
What this means is anyone's guess. He also said that the "dragon" vehicle is most likely some kind of Daemon Engine.

Reivax26 told us that they had heard Berzerkers were getting Rending and Kharn would get a version of "Saga of the Warrior Born" that Ragnar has in Codex: Space Wolves.

MrSteelfist claims to have also heard about a Techmarine style character from a source at Warhammer World. The same source also told them of a smaller Daemon Engine that operated in "packs". They got the impression this new unit would be around the size of Thunderwolf cavalry, but didn't think they were the previously rumoured Brazen Knights.

Bell of lost sould posted what they think to be the release shedule for the rest of the year

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/05/40k...2-schedule.html

2012 Schedule
June: Flyers (you knew this already)
July : Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook (and not a moment too soon)
August: Chaos Space Marines (fast on the heels of 6th, large minis release right at launch)
September: Warhammer 40,000 6th Boxed Set (CSM vs Dark Angels (a minority are holding out for Eldar))
October: Warriors of Chaos (Warhammer Fantasy, and explaining last year's "2012 is the year of Chaos" meme)
November: Hobbit (get ready for it)
December: Deals and Holiday bundles.
2013: Tau and Eldar (Tau are said to be early year, first out of the gate)

IP

--------------------
IW 5th Grand Company record since 04:W-274, L-252, D-123, Games play 649, Best army award GW Glasgow GW 2005, Conflict 02/05 - top 5 best armies, UK GT heat 1 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V 06, Stirling Rapid Fire 06 2nd/08 4th & 2nd best army/09 8th & best painted army, 40k Radio 08 5thScotland-38thWorld, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby champion 08, 2nd at ELG Compulsion 09, ELG Counter attack 09 4th &Best army, ToS12-2nd best chaos player+2nd best Army top 8 Army nominee, Armies on Parade 12
hushrong
Posted: May 28 2012, 02:39 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 1,452

I saw that schedule somewhere else too. I'm looking forward to August if it is true. All I want is some Chaos and price reductions!

--------------------
Insane Psychopath
Posted: May 28 2012, 03:15 PM

Hobby Champion

Just spoted this today on warseer about Warrior of Chaos "rumour" to be release in October

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...2461-WoC-titbit

We just saw the flyer release this week.

Only time will tell. My guess is 6th ed rule book release will be the key point. When 5th ed came out we saw Drop Pods before they where out, Terrain (Planet Strike bunker) & the models from the box game. With the codex Space Marines being release in Oct back in 2008.

But as said time will tell. All that matter to me is Warhammer 40k & codex Chaos... biggrin.gif

IP

--------------------
IW 5th Grand Company record since 04:W-274, L-252, D-123, Games play 649, Best army award GW Glasgow GW 2005, Conflict 02/05 - top 5 best armies, UK GT heat 1 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V 06, Stirling Rapid Fire 06 2nd/08 4th & 2nd best army/09 8th & best painted army, 40k Radio 08 5thScotland-38thWorld, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby champion 08, 2nd at ELG Compulsion 09, ELG Counter attack 09 4th &Best army, ToS12-2nd best chaos player+2nd best Army top 8 Army nominee, Armies on Parade 12
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 07:01 PM

Hobby Champion

The-dark-general posted this on warseer

According to my contacts, we're about 2 months away from a Chaos Invasion, so let the galaxy tremble!!!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...l=1#post6255466

That would put it that Aug time frame which Bell of lost souls posted (rumour wise). I am led to belive this as well for our codex, this is going to be the year of Chaos (WFB rumour say Chaos Warrior for Oct which few well know rumour poster have been supporting).

Ether way I'd guess when the 6th ed rule book release then we will see what in store. By this I mean, when 5th ed Warhammer 40,000 was release we saw the current drop pod, models for the box game & terrain, as well as the now current state on Space Marines & how the list look from the battle report from the rule book (Ultramarines vs Eldar).

IP

--------------------
twinbanj
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 04:57 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 81

I read on warseer that Iron Warriors are rumored to get Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer terminators and a thunder cannon clone as well as possible tech marines... sounds like a step in the right direction to me!

I want to be able to field the Iron warriors armies you read in the books; siege specialists led by warsmiths, lots of bionics and expendable human troops.

I hope this can be realized in the new codex.

--------------------
user posted image
Iron within...
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:37 PM

Hobby Champion

QUOTE (twinbanj @ Jun 6 2012, 04:57 PM)
I read on warseer that Iron Warriors are rumored to get Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer terminators and a thunder cannon clone as well as possible tech marines... sounds like a step in the right direction to me!

I want to be able to field the Iron warriors armies you read in the books; siege specialists led by warsmiths, lots of bionics and expendable human troops.

I hope this can be realized in the new codex.

Sadily the Storm Sheild & Thunder Hammer & the Thunder Cannon rumour first came from the Ghost21 rumour on warseer, the memeber later went on to post, saying that there rumour where made up & fake.

But I don't dout we will see Warsmith possible being back or some way of having our Iron Warriors ways back into the codex biggrin.gif

I'm going to try sort out the first post with the current rumour on the go, aim it to be set in rules, background & model sub parts.

IP

--------------------
Dreachon
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 11:40 PM

Obliterator

Member No.: 210

If what TDG said is true than in 2 months we'll have a full blown chaos invasion on our hands then we just need to pull through for just 6 or 7 more weeks before we should start seeing stuff appear.

--------------------
user posted image
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 08:38 AM

Hobby Champion

QUOTE (Dreachon @ Jun 6 2012, 11:40 PM)
If what TDG said is true than in 2 months we'll have a full blown chaos invasion on our hands then we just need to pull through for just 6 or 7 more weeks before we should start seeing stuff appear.

I am hopeing the 6th ed rule book will hold a lot of stuff. By this I mean when 5th ed came out we saw the Drop Pod, models from the box game. The battle report useing the now current Space Marines rules (when 5th ed was release it was the trait codex). We also saw a lot of terrain that was release later on like the bunker from planet strike or the Space Marine statue.

IP

--------------------
WarmasterPinto
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 02:41 PM

Initiate

Member No.: 1,540

Super happy for a new book to be coming. The old one kind of caused me to lose a lot of enthusiasm for the game. I welcome change.

Then again I hope we aren't on the back end of 6th edition's inevitable power creep.

I also hope some of the rumors of Cypher being back are true. One of my favorite specials.
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 09:17 AM

Hobby Champion

Some new bits of rumour on the fourm

Darnok has recently posted on warseer thet he belive that Chaos Marines will be out in Aug

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...l=1#post6297796

QUOTE (Darnok;6297796)
With a full codex release I'd bet my money on the beginning of August. wink.gif

If the past few months are anything to go by. My guess would be we will see what happen for Aug release on the 24th (Tuesday) July as someone will no dout have a copy of the brand new White Dwarf earily. Then the Saturday will be advance order/White Dwarf offical release date.

Also it been posted over on warseer what the box game set will have

The unit entry has been leaked. Just saw it quoted on chinese forums.

DA has :

Captain Balthasar(with power armor, not in TDA)
Librarian(with power armor)
Tactical Sqaud(10 men, with 1 plasma cannon, 1 plasma gun)
Deathwing Squad(5 men, with storm bolters, no Stormshield)
Ravenwing Squad(3 bikes)

Chaos part:

Lord(in power armor)
Chaos Dread(with tl-melta and DCCW)
Chosen(6 men, with power maul, power fist and lightning claw)
Cultists(20 men, half with ccw and pistol, the other half have assault rifle)

I belive Chaos codex will be out in Aug, as we do need rules for those Cultiest. The Dark Angels are still playible in there current codex.
Also this month White Dwarf show that the inside back cover Chaos Marines & Daemons. It also rumour Daemons are ment to get a mini release wave in Aug as well.

Erazmus_M_Wattle posted this on warseer 2012 release. That may or may not be what due for release in the Chaos Daemons wave or some maybe for a later date like Dark Eldar & Necrons have seen over the months since there release.

QUOTE (Erazmus_M_Wattle;6295790)
I've heard a whisper that more Daemons are on the way. We've all heard about new Plague Bearers in plastic. Plastic nurglings have been sighted. Apparently they looke like they're swarming over one another in a sort of wave. Sounds cool.

Not only that. There's more. Finecast screamers. Like the old ones but less manta ray with more tusks. Possibly some more heralds. Not sure if they are plastic or finecast.

Heralds on chariots. The Slaanesh chariot is in the warehouse and it comes with a chariot base as expected for the square basers but may also have the oval for 40k players.

The Scribes have been seen as well. The disc looks like a flying alter and the blue scribes look manic.

The plague bearers have a new look which as you'd expect harks back to the old days.

Personally I can't wait.

There also talk on plastic Greater Daemon models as well.

Only 22 days until we will know what is due out in Aug.

IP

--------------------
Insane Psychopath
Posted: Jul 16 2012, 10:30 AM

Hobby Champion

The latest in the rumors from our comment section here on Faeit 212, tells us that the Chaos Space Marine codices are just being sent out to the warehouses. Looks like a very bright and hot August is on the horizon.

Please remember that this is a rumor....

via Logan on Faeit 212
Hey Natfka, great job. Also CSM codexes is just being distributed to warehouses worldwide now. I saw a new sculpt for Kharn. Or im pretty certain its him. Looks very cool. Also the Chaos Dragon thing is pretty nasty at other flyers. But im sure you'll see soon enough.

We will all know with in a week from tomorrow/Weds as that usely when we will see the WD leak. White Dwarf release Sat 28th/usely last Saturday & you can exspect info arond the Tuesday before hand.

Also from the same blog, this is from the Warhammer World open day for Warhammer 40,000. While it dose not have Chaos Space Marines as such, it dose give a insight into the game & on some of the new rules.
For myself I am really enjoy the brand new rules, while I am still trying to get use to some of the new rules, so far the game added more depth & it is true that the game is better on the time side of thing as well.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/faeit...ign-studio.html

Little did I know that when Scissorheart offered to do an exclusive report from the GW Headquarters in Nottingham, that we would receive such an in-depth and very well written report on the events and from personal conversations with the Design Team from GW. This is a lot for everyone to sink their teeth into, so lets get right to it.

Please do not forget to thank Scissorhands for such a great report on the days events in the comments.

via Scissorheart
Hi Natfka

As discussed a few weeks back, I attended the 40k Design Studio open day today. I've written up all my notes exclusively for you. I'm not sure if this is how you would like it presented but there's some fascinating tidbits of info in here! I've attached a pic too of my bro!

standing next to a life size Rhino!

Today, my brother and I attended the Warhammer World Design Studio open day at GW HQ in Nottingham UK. Throughout the day there were a number of seminars covering many aspects of the hobby, from painting, terrain building, flier demo’s, participation games, sculpting demo’s and most importantly (for me at least) a chance to chat with the key games designers about the new rules and the changes that have come to the game as a result. I was itching to get some insight into the thinking behind 6th Edition’s many features and I must say that I acquired far more information than I’d expected to during the course of the event. Here's a compilation of mine and my bro's notes

I’m a daily follower of Natfka’s blog and I promised him a few weeks back that I would give him an exclusive rundown of the day’s more interesting points so that I could share what I learnt with the community. So here we go.

The first seminar of the day was hosted by Jervis Johnson, Matt Ward and Jeremy Vetock and they took turns responding to a number of pre-defined questions before opening up to the audience. I was frantically making notes during the course of the seminar and I’ll summarise here what I wrote and how the guys answered

Q1. What were the key objectives of 6th Edition?
The ultimate goal of 6th edition according to Jervis was to tackle what both he and Matt described as ‘Associative and Disassociative’ rules and to add more realism to the game.

E.g. If a poisoned dagger had +1 WS in close combat, that would be deemed ‘dissacoiatve’ as it makes little sense. However, if it gave you a re-roll to wound, that would be ‘associative’ as it would capture the essence of a poisoned attack being made and potentially causing damage as a result of it being laced with some horrifying toxin.

Other examples of ‘associative’ rules included the abiltiy to throw grenades and the distinction between different power weapons. By making certain rules ‘associative’, the game adds more ‘weight’ to the feel of units on the table. Flyers crashing to the ground is another example of this, as is wound allocation in shooting (models vanishing from the front of units and not the back), Its all about realism.

Q2. Why include so much hobby and fluff info in the rulebook?
All three commented on the importance of seeing the hobby as a whole. A new player to 40k would grasp the broad depth of the hobby in one mighty tome. Again, Jervis mentioned the significance of adding ‘weight’ to the game and posited that all aspects were synonymous. In the opinion of the designers, the fluff adds an important aspect to the game as it puts the whole experience into context and provides a rich narrative for the tabletop game itself.

Q3. Why is the background of 40k so ‘Imperial centric’?
The designers consider the Imperium to be the largest empire of the 41st Millennium. The story really centres on the rise and fall of the Imperium and the Xeno Codex’s almost orbit this story. That’s pretty much the way its been written since Rogue Trader and there’s really no moving away from it as the central narrative to the 40k universe.

Q4. Why Hull Points?
According to Matt Ward, vehicles in previous editions didn’t seem to fit very well with the rest of the game system and made for odd and peculiar situations. He mentioned that there was little granularity to the vehicle rules compared to other unit types. The addition of Hull Points is therefore used to make vehicles more inclusive during a game and give them a continued presence even after having taken a few direct hits. Jervis said that it flattened out the extremes. Vehicles used to get obliterated in turn one or take damage that would render them ineffective for a turn or two which really didn’t flow too well. Hull Points therefore allow players to enjoy the attributes of their expensive vehicles without them vanishing off the table having done virtually nothing.

Q5. Did you consider moving the timeline on?
Not for this edition. They like the idea that the Imperium of man is ‘at the brink’. They don’t see the current epoch as being at a dead end and therefore, do not need to change it. They did not rule out the prospect of changing this in the future however. One good point that Matt made was that it has moved on anyway since 2nd and 3rd as we now have Tau, Dark Eldar, Sisters and Necrons.

Q6. Why allies and fortifications?
Jervis said that the old fluff in previous editions made many references to scenarios where different races forged alliances in various situations. He felt that later editions had polarised armies and made them rather restricted. They want to open up the game as a means to circumvent some of those restrictions and allow for more diverse tactics on the table. The fluff can now follow on and provide literature that encompasses those often tenuous alliances. Many alliances have obvious narrative value.

In terms of fortifications, Jervis considered these beautiful plastic kits as somewhat wasted given their aesthetic value on the table. Giving these kits rules and points values feeds into the ‘associative’ aspect of 6th edition. I do agree here as I often wished for rules regarding the 5 massive quad guns in my terrain box!

Q6. Why random charge distances?
This rule apparently came as a result of the ‘associative’ wound allocation and Overwatch rules. There are 2 aspects to this however. If your front line is going to take Snapfire hits, there needs to be some compensation for the front line going down and cutting your charge range. The random charge role helps a unit to get into combat regardless of having been whittled down at the front (provided you roll high enough), but it also adds a sense of realism in that battles are violent and chaotic – meaning that sometimes, for whatever reason, you just don’t make it far enough! Jervis acknowledged that some gamers don’t like having control removed, but argued that a swirling battle full of death, destruction and explosions wasn’t really an environment where controlled and predictable actions were likely! In his words, it adds ‘tension and drama’ to the game.

Q7. How difficult was it to add flyer rules into the game?
Matt Ward picked this one up. He said that it was relatively simple given that flyers were an extension to the revised vehicle rules. The team said that they had an idea of the mechanic due to Apocalypse but held off until 6th to fully include them. Seems as though they had been toying with the idea in 5th but the rest of the rules didn’t allow for it too well.

Q8. Why Challenges?
The team wanted to create the sense that characters were leading their troops into battle and not just skulking around at the back of units. It also gave lesser characters (i.e. SM sergeants) the opportunity to exhibit moments of heroics (leaping in to save their captain with one wound left from a rampaging Daemon Prince for example).

Q9. Why change the Psychic rules?
The team wanted to make Psykers more akin to Wizards in WHFB. They felt that a half page of rules in a codex simply didn’t do them justice, especially for the likes of special character psykers. Lets face it, a psyker firing d6 s4 AP- hits in the shooting phase is little more than a gun and therefore, a menial extension to the shooting rules. The team considered the random aspect of it more ‘associative’ given the dangerous and often unpredictable nature of warp manipulation.

Some extra tidbits:
· 6th Edition was actually finished 6 months ago

· They thought long and hard about using a points system similar to WHFB instead of FOC’s but it would have been to difficult as there was so much emphasis on FOC's in the Codex’s. New players would have found it too confusing.

· The reason that charges are not allowed on Deep Strike is to prevent the utter predictability of mega-hard units appearing anywhere and destroying whatever they want every game. There was a possible hint about Genestealers being able to do this at some point in the future!

· The new edition nerf’s some units and provides buff’s to others. The new Codex’s will rebalance incidents where this is too extreme.

· One guy complained that the new rules were adding unnecessary complexity (e.g loads of new universal special rules). Ward argued that it’s best to keep lots of the rules universal in the main rulebook. New codex’s can then have units with a variety of the SR’s and opponents will know exactly what to expect. He did caveat this though by saying that USR’s would still apply to certain characters in Codex’s.

I spoke to Matt Ward in person after the seminar and I really must emphasise that he’s a really nice, polite and engaging fellow who doesn't deserve the flak he gets from some members of the community. He deserves praise for his role in bringing us 6th edition. He explained that rule setting is always going to be ‘a moving target’ and what works for one person is going to upset another. He said that there were many things that were out of his hands because business decisions have to be taken into account when developing game systems and rules. A couple of key points that came out of that conversation:

· Flak Missiles are currently unavailable to all armies, but we’ll soon see them filtering through into the game.

· We can expect a new FAQ before the end of the summer.

· He spoke about Tyranids being a tad difficult to work with as they have (in the past) been a little one dimensional (i.e charge everyone into CC). He made a point about there being no vehicle rules in the Tyranid army and that its monsterous creatures need to be able to kill Daemon Princes so how do you balance it out? We shall see!

I spoke to Jervis for a long time about ‘associative and disassocaitive’ rules but I think I’ve covered that off.

Next I spoke to Phil Kelly (the dude) who again is a really sound guy (and by the way - he isn't leaving GW).

Phil said that there are currently 6 ‘projects’ on the go for 40k. I think he was referring to Codex’s. I asked him about Tyranids too and he said (rather excitedly) that he has ‘some really great ideas up his sleeve’ for the Nids. Sounds encouraging! It's worth noting that everyone I spoke to in the design team understands the need for Nids to get a boost.

He also shared his personal opinion on 5th edition and said (with the greatest of respect) that Alessio Cavorte seemed to want to make the game more competitive and simplified. He thought that this made the game a little to flat and generic in its function (which I personally agreed with). His words were that it ‘lost its craziness’. 6th has therefore moved to address this and give more feel and character to the units and the game as a whole. It does seem to be a consensus amongst GW staff that 2nd was a great edition in many ways (although obviously broken in others).

One other exciting thing that he mentioned was the release of expansions. He said that one example of an idea floating around is the introduction of relic’s which could be (for example) wargear from the Horus Heresry era, usable in today's battles. Possibly a new book or expansion but still just an idea at the moment.

Phil said that the quality of the new Codex’s far surpasses the paperback’s of 5th and beyond (I wonder how many are finished!?)

Lastly I spoke to Robin Cruddace. I asked him about GW’s release schedule and to my utter amazement, he said that they were aiming for some sort of release each month. Be it a codex or some sort of expansion. I would be surprised if this were true!

He said that there would most likely need to be a larger number of expansions between now and 4 years time so that you don’t reach a point where all codex’s for 6th are released with 2 years still to go before the next cycle. Take that how you will!

So there we have it folks. A very enjoyable day indeed – and most insightful!

IP

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Legio IV | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1640 seconds | Archive