InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

So What's New?, Run down of the changes!
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 06:15 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

First off, thank you for your patience while the board was offline.

Right, now to explain what's been done.

Things have been moved around, this is to make things easier for you to know where to post your topics, and find others. It's also less daunting, less complex.

Another change is the addition of the 'Forces of Order' section. This is, I think, the first time since this board was created (back in 2004!) that we now cater to Imperial armies. This is to make the board more accessible to all players. But don't think our beloved Iron Warriors are forgotten, oh no!

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 11:08 PM

Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,452

Going to have to get used to the new layout. tongue.gif

--------------------
Loki
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 05:39 AM

Obliterator

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 1,180

Jupp, definately an improvement to the previous layout.. already I'm experiencing a better sense of overview then I had with the previous layout. Good job, Blackcell

--------------------
Herald of the 4th Grand Company

user posted image
hushrong
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 10:56 PM

Chosen

As review, yep, the new layout is great!

This is just out of curiosity, but how difficult is it to add those little text/chat boxes like some other forums have?

I think one of those would be cool when there is enough member traffic online at once and somebody is up for a chat. Again, just an idea to wonder about.

--------------------
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 12:15 AM

Iron Lord

I've done us a Shoutbox, it should appear at the bottom of the page, let me know if you can't see it, post in it, or any other issue.

--------------------
Petatje
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 01:32 AM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,530

hmmm can't give much comment about the new layout since I just joined in the new layout
the shoutbox may be handy if multiple people are online and want faster reactions tongue.gif
could be usefull to put the shoutbox above the page (or on the right/left side), if a post is to long they wont see it fast or miss it at all
hushrong
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 05:23 AM

Chosen

That's pretty cool!

I think I'm the only one online right now...so I will play the waiting game to try it out!

--------------------
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 03:33 PM

Iron Lord

Moved the Shoutbox again.

Just a heads up for everyone, if you don't like the Chatbox showing up, you can minimize it.

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 04:57 PM

Chosen

I just have to get used to it when scrolling down from the very top of the page happy.gif

Also, I like how it is still viewable when going into a thread. That's a nice touch! Most that I've seen are only seen on the front page of a site.

--------------------
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 05:35 PM

Iron Lord

Also, if you minimize it, it stays minimized when you change pages. Which I'm pretty happy about, no point having a minimize feature if it didn't carry over!

But yes, if you have any more suggestions, this is the part of the forum (Decrees) to say them!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Decrees | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0877 seconds | Archive