InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Army List Assistance Aquired., Making the most of what I got.
hushrong
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:48 AM

Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,452

QUOTE (blackcell8 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:42 AM)

Kharn you can stick him in a squad, and hunt anything, he's got the attacks, the weapon and the rules to happily wade into combat with most things, and fare much better than a Lord. But Lucius, fittingly, requires more finesse. You can't charge him into anything. Pick the weaker squads, those without Power Weapons, to really get good work out of him.

I definitely see what you are saying. Lucius may get in a game or two but I do see how Kharn is a more versatile choice. I'm also thinking about a Daemon Prince too happy.gif

QUOTE (Khargoth @ Apr 22 2012, 09:01 AM)

You should be able to bury them with Berzerkers. The trick is to kill the entire unit, once that's done they can't Reanimate. The Lord does NOT count as a surviving member of the unit for the others to Reanimate. High AP/power weapons are okay if you can bring enough of them to bear, as the 4+ invul save is worse, but keep units more than 6" away if you're doing it with shooting.

The mathhammer says that a unit of 10 Berzerkers getting the charge should inflict 7.2 unsaved wounds on a unit of Lychguard.

Well, I may get in a game against Necrons this week, so hopefully I can wipe them out with one go. I mean, Kharn and 8 berzkers (maybe 9 if I drop the Power Fist for a good ole chain axe on the skull champ) will get first hits in on the charge should be distributing a lot of hurt.

If I'm doing my math right, Kharn with 9 berzerkers (1 skull champ but no PF) on a charge with the pistol + ccw bonus will have...44 attacks?

Anyways, I should have a new list or two soon. I am wondering how to bring Plague Marines, Berzerkers, and Obliterators together in one army for 1000pts.

--------------------
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 08:34 PM

Champion

Member No.: 1,461

kharn + 9 berzerkers in rino
10 plague marines in rhino
2x 2 obliteratos is just under 1k if my math is right
u might need 2 be careful w/ upgrades on the squads tho mate!!

--------------------
"When we ascended to godhood and rose above our own mortality, we thought ourselves blessed. What fools we had been.

And now we, the Iron Warriors, still continue to fight the Long War. We bring to every world and foe tidings of fire & ash, and one day it will consume us as well. There is no doubt, that we are truly damned."
quoted from Hushrongs 'Heart of Iron'
hushrong
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:17 PM

Chosen

QUOTE (Thanatos Ares @ Apr 23 2012, 08:34 PM)
kharn + 9 berzerkers in rino
10 plague marines in rhino
2x 2 obliteratos is just under 1k if my math is right
u might need 2 be careful w/ upgrades on the squads tho mate!!

-Kharn

-Olbiterators (2)

-Berzerkers (9)
Champ
Personal Icon
Rhino

-Plague Marines (10)
Melta 10
Melta 10
Personal Icon
Rhino

Total 849

I could easily bring some kind of mix of:
-A 3rd Obliterator
-upgrades to the Rhinos perhaps? Havoc Launchers, Bolters, or Daemonic possession?
-Termicide

--------------------
hushrong
Posted: May 21 2012, 04:20 PM

Chosen

Alright, hate to double post but I think this will be the list I will run while waiting for new Chaos releases (We better get something...we better!).

HQ
Daemon Prince 155
-Wings
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Lash of Submission

Elites
Chaos Chosen 130
-melta (x4)

Chaos Chosen 130
-melta (x4)

Troops
Chaos Marines 205
-melta
-melta
-Rhino

Chaos Marines 205
-melta
-melta
-Rhino

Heavy Support
Predator 100
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons

-Obliterator 75

Total 1000

I can also swap out Kharn for the DP and Remove one Chosen squad for my Termicide and still be at 1000pts. However, I'd have to remove a marine so I could give Kharn a ride. I'll have a few points left where I could upgrade something but not a lot.

The idea with this army is to set the Predator and Obliterator up to where they can attack across the board. Their main targets will be enemy armor.

With the Chosen, I will try to use them on the flanks for board control. Run something at them and hopefully they will hold their ground.

CSM with DP or Kharn will push for objectives or go for the kill. The DP will jedi push things away while giving my guys some breathing room for getting out of their rides and setting up. *The Berzkers were awesome but they needed a LR to make good use of them, since they cannot get out of the rhino and assault. The Plague Marines were alright too but pricey in points. With this army I just hope to gun down enemies from a distance before moving in for the kill.

That's it for now. There may be some more tweaking in the future but nothing big. I have everything on this list (plus my termies) except for a predator and the DP. That's probably all I will get for CSM while I sit and pray for new goodies to come with a new release.

--------------------
Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm
Posted: May 26 2012, 03:59 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 42

I rarely take a DP without a Land Raider to screen it. That said it might work out depending on terrain and such.

Feels the need for more troops and less Chosen. Maybe a 3 man terminator unit for suicide meltas? Honestly I would drop the single Obliterator for another Predator. In smaller games flood AV13 to dilute enemy fire.

--------------------
Servo.
hushrong
Posted: May 26 2012, 05:40 PM

Chosen

I might just rock Kharn for a little while longer and drop a marine to make room for points to add him and for an open seat in a rhino. As I started to write fluff for this army I couldn't find a place for a DP. I might pick up the mini later because it is nice and I want to try and convert it...but that is cash I can put toward a tank (hopefully before the prices hike up).

Do you think I should drop a Chosen squad or both? I would like to keep one for anti tank/flanking duty. Also, my Termicide squad are Darwin Award winners. They do have some impressive kills on their banners BUT that is out-shined by how many times they have deep striked right into a rock formation, manufactorum wall, and even the intended enemy armor target and were cast into oblivion.

I also think two tanks would be nice. I personally want a Vindicator but cannot find the point room to fit one in 1000pts. Plus, a Predator would be a better grab because I quite like the autocannon. In the meantime I am going to keep the Obliterator for fluff reasons and because I had started a conversion for one (I do see how, if I could squeeze 25pts, a predator would be more worthwhile). I really hope they get some new sculpts that look like the Obliterators on the cover of the new IW novel.

--------------------
Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm
Posted: May 26 2012, 10:01 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 42

Well actually, if you are going the Obliterator route you will need more than one. Having only one is very difficult from my experience, even with smaller games.

In terms of Chosen, it again depends on how you use them. If you are having more luck, then by all means go for it. They will die to enemy fire quite easily as well.

Have you tried DP, CSM w/ Rhino x3, Obliterator x3? Should be around 1000 points, but a tad boring...

--------------------
Servo.
hushrong
Posted: May 27 2012, 12:24 AM

Chosen

QUOTE (Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm @ May 26 2012, 10:01 PM)
Well actually, if you are going the Obliterator route you will need more than one. Having only one is very difficult from my experience, even with smaller games.

Yeah, I used two and have yet to try a game with just one. When I used two I viewed them like artillery pieces but I played them totally wrong. I would deep strike them onto squads with personal icons...when I could have just deployed them at the start and having them open fire from the get go.

I'll see how they are in the future and keep my fingers crossed for new sculpts (or new plastics to convert with).

In terms of Chosen, it again depends on how you use them. If you are having more luck, then by all means go for it. They will die to enemy fire quite easily as well.

I think I will like them. My initial idea was for three to four meltas and either one or two flamers respectively. I really want to use them just like a termicide squad, get in and kill armor. I plan on placing them where I expect enemy armor and light it up. A little less risky than deep striking.

Have you tried DP, CSM w/ Rhino x3, Obliterator x3? Should be around 1000 points, but a tad boring...

I thought about this and my buddy, who just got into CSM with Fallen Angels, runs something similar to this, except no obliterators and with chosen and predators instead. It seemed alright.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Valleys of Chaos | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1061 seconds | Archive