InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

da club shindig and hoe down, bring yer own jug
jesseye
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 03:56 AM

Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,528

could you keep everyone occupied for that long? us boys from the states may never have been there. we could all dress the part and lay siege to the games workshop corporate office. THE IRON WARRIORS DEMAND OUR CODEX!!! WE HAVE WATER BALLOON SHOOTING BASILISKS!! AND SLAVES/GIRLFRIENDS DONT MAKE US GET UGLY!! always wanted to get deported for somthing stupid

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 10:34 AM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

I think we might be able to pull something off, if we organise a proper narrative campaign, keep the gaming interesting all week, plus I'm sure the occasional visit to a pub wouldn't hurt!

--------------------
jesseye
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:15 PM

Chosen

i have faith in you. youll work it out ol boy

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:35 AM

Iron Lord

An ideal scenario, in my head, is we get a few people, take a week off from work or something, all book hotels fairly close to GWHQ.

We have planned a narrative campaign, on one side, the Iron Warriors! The other, Space Marines, say we bring 3000pts of both IW and Imperium if possible. We come up with fluff, the Iron Warriors are laying seige to an Imperial fortress for some reason, defended by forces from various Chapters, and branches of the Imperium. A narrative campaign set over a week, ending in a big Apocalypse game?

We meet on say the Monday, get to know each other more, have a few games, opening skirmishes of the campaign, probably some Planetstrike. End the day with a meal or something, I'm sure Nottingham has some lovely places to eat pointy.gif

Tuesday, we ramp it up, bigger games, focus on facing other people in one-on-one games, mixing things up to keep things interesting, furthering the campaign. End the day with a visit to ye olde pub?

Wednesday I was thinking we'd tone the campaign down, we'd have been doing it 2 days straight, a day's break would be a good idea, if we're at GW, have some friendly games, if you've brought up any other game system to play with, go for it. A lot more relaxed day.

Thursday, back into the heat of the campaign, how much of the Planetary systems have the Iron Warriors compromised? Has the Imperial forces held their own? Are there reinforcements?

And Friday! The finale, the big Apocalypse game to end the battle for the planet. The Iron Warriors are making their final assault on the fortress, the entire Imperial forces are in defence, the week's battles will have a measurable affect on this game, how well have we all done? We celebrate the end of the campaign, the official end of the Summer Siege (still think it's a catchy name...).

Saturday, another relaxed day, we've probably spent all week in GWHQ, so maybe see the sights... Of Nottingham... Hmm... Well we'll find something! Maybe more friendly games, have a proper send off for the first Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company meet up?

Of course, this is all hypothetical, and would involve people taking a week off work, a holiday up in Nottingham for a week of Warhammer, I know a lot of people wouldn't be able to do that, as it is a fair bit of commitment for an internet forum.

--------------------
jesseye
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:04 PM

Chosen

im up for trying is all i can say right now

i gots an idea, cell you know from my facebook im engaged right, no date set.... without roxie's knowledge or consent or permission we bushwack her in a dress and we get married on the (cleared) game table!!! it will be brilliant!! it will be inspired!!! it will be a bloodbath if shes not tied up!!!
seriously we do need to think up some things to break up the games. some form of entertainment that wont cost a fortune.
speaking of which, ive been thinking. why dont we find somwhere to print us some iron warrior 4th tshirts for our members? or general public who visit the site for that. have the logo on the front of a plain black tee sold for say 10% above price using a paypal account. to keep gw off our backs tell them we will donate the 10% profit to the charity of their choice. that or just take donations to make tshirts for event and members who cant make it receive theirs by mail? at their expense of shipping fees. i know round here there are plenty of tshirt guys who print on discount prices in bulk. its a thought that i think should be looked into as well. no large event goes without a gift from the staff.
and thats another thing, youll have to appoint staff for coordinators and such. they dont need to be members of the board they could be your personal gaming club but we will need some help most likely from outside. plus advertise on other boards, were having an event on so and so. bring either so many points of iron warriors or so many points of loyallists. charge non members like 10 bucks or your equivilent at the door. members get in free with proof of who they are. even have nametags with board name and rank lol. thats a few ideas for now

Try and edit posts rather than double-posting - BC8

This post has been edited by blackcell8 on Apr 21 2012, 06:28 PM

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
Petatje
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 06:21 PM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,530

well in Nottingham there are a lot of pubs you can go and eat so thats no problem (I do say there was one i found very nice looking, middle age gothic style "the pit and pendulum")

there is to much to see in 1 week and play a lot of games (but time enough to drink sinds warhammer world opens only at 10 a.m.)
and we can reserve tables in advance smile.gif
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 06:23 PM

Iron Lord

Yeah I've already messaged you on facebook about that. Trying to keep money out of things, as Turn Signals On A Land Raider will attest to, GW are very picky when it comes to their Intellectual Property. Last thing I'm sure any of us want is GW breathing down our necks.

However, providing we can get enough interest, and we can feasibly pull it off, t-shirts for the members who we know are coming down would be pretty cool.

And I think there should be a reward for the members who stick through the whole week, maybe some prizes for Members only? It's hypothetical, still, but models or something for the Member with the best army, or most wins, or something along those lines.

I like the idea of advertising it though. Advertise the IW4thGC Summer Siege wherever you can, get some interest, see how many people turn up for it. And while we're there, I can look into getting a banner or something, leaflets advertising our board. Plus it being at GWHQ, who knows, maybe White Dwarf could give us a tiny shout-out...

I think, guaranteed, every board member who would turn up would get a banner for their signature, saying they took part. Obviously a ton of pictures and updates being taken during the week, being posted up here (if all goes well, I'll make a separate section for this), and on our facebook page.

As for coordinators, I'm sure I can rope a few fellas in to help out!

here is to much to see in 1 week and play a lot of games (but time enough to drink sinds warhammer world opens only at 10 a.m.)
and we can reserve tables in advance

It's also partly why I'm thinking of leaving Wednesday free, mid-week break, and means Tuesday night we can drink rather a lot. And on Friday night, after a hopefully successful event, I'm sure we'd all have earnt a drink! As for booking tables, I'm seeing closer to the time, calling GWHQ and see what they can do, I'd have a rough estimate on numbers as well.

--------------------
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:43 PM

Champion

Member No.: 1,461

this is actually sounding very very achieveable! its gonna be hard work setting up and running, but so worth it! i am also very much in favour of members only 4th company t-shirts!
also next summer gives me time to get my storm eagle and 2x hellblades ordered, built and painted
@blackcell - if enough interest is shown and we can sort out a price (to cover overheads) and we give GWHQ enough notice they'll provide staff/refs/help for the 'day(s)'

it'd be so cool to see us in White Dwarf aswell!!

--------------------
"When we ascended to godhood and rose above our own mortality, we thought ourselves blessed. What fools we had been.

And now we, the Iron Warriors, still continue to fight the Long War. We bring to every world and foe tidings of fire & ash, and one day it will consume us as well. There is no doubt, that we are truly damned."
quoted from Hushrongs 'Heart of Iron'
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:48 PM

Iron Lord

I think the biggest problem we'll have is people being able to commit. It is a week's holiday in Nottingham. I'm having a quick look now, and prices for a week in, say, June, is about 200 for 1 person for 5 nights, more or less depending on how good a place you want. No matter which way you look at it, that's a significant amount. That doesn't include travel, or food, or anything really. That's why next summer is the aim, gives people the chance to make arrangements, save money, book flights, the works.

I think free t-shirts to members who go is just a given!

--------------------
jesseye
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:34 AM

Chosen

lets see take 200 and roughly multiply it times two, in American currency comes to roughly give or take what it is at the time about $400 for five days? thats expensive? man roxie ran a tiny flea bitten hotel here. it cost close to that per night!!! thats reasonable. however i dont know what said hotels are like there so im guessing from your reaction not great.

annnywho... if its this summer cell i must say i wont be able to make it but ill help in any way possible. next summer then were talking a different story. give us time, meaning me and my leprechaun, and other board members time to save and make plans. DOES NOT mean that you shouldnt have it. theres plenty of you island locked members who can make it. so by all means have it. and i demand pics of the event!!!!!

now cell back to tshirts. if we do it need to decide on the layout. how many purchased and the color. i say a pewter grey, as metal colored as we can find however black would probably show up better. if i was to get them at a certain place i can get a bulk price rating and still get different sizes, its where we get our various work shirts made here and they are very reasonable. we may be able to work somthing out with them to get a better price..... cell youd look mighty cute in a skirt with your hair in pigtails hehehe get us that deal lol.... but i may be able to sweet talk the price down with them to get an estimate on price.

the hard part would be getting everyones mailing address to send them their shirt, then get them to send a pic to post of them wearing it. you receive pic, then post it on one thread, its thought, but this is in the thought that we send the tshirt to wear to the event. you wear it in you get in free. that way we know for fact your a member. anyone else a flat rate.

if done like that we post a thread on tshirts. we keep it on for say two weeks. the thread is to find out what members want their tshirt. you dont respond you DONT get one. they post their name and shirt size, THATS IT, NO OTHER POSTS ON THREAD!! and if they want one for say wife or boyfreind their size. then when we find out all info they either email or pm mailing address. that way we know where to send it. this whole part feels shady to me right now so it will need ironed out. once we get adress we work out billing for postage, sorry but even if i bought everyones tshirt out of pocket the postage alone would break me, and say, what 10 bucks or equivilent for shirt? dont have a clue what they are gonna cost yet.... but this palce should run 8 dollars a shirt, or about 5 pounds. depending on logo.

what you think. read over and see if its somthing we would want to do for members, ive also considered lil cheap keychains with logo to pass out at event. should be able to get that in bulk on net for next to nothing. pass those out to everyone till they run out for free advertising for the board.

thats my longwinded rant. till next time. same bat time, same bat channel

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:43 AM

Iron Lord

QUOTE (jesseye @ Apr 22 2012, 05:34 AM)
lets see take 200 and roughly multiply it times two, in American currency comes to roughly give or take what it is at the time about $400 for five days? thats expensive? man roxie ran a tiny flea bitten hotel here. it cost close to that per night!!! thats reasonable. however i dont know what said hotels are like there so im guessing from your reaction not great.

My reaction's more based on me earning like the minimum amount this country accepts. Plus it doesn't include flights, which I know are a bit worse.

annnywho... if its this summer cell i must say i wont be able to make it but ill help in any way possible. next summer then were talking a different story

Yes, don't worry, this is all being thought of for next summer, summer 2013!

--------------------
jesseye
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:34 PM

Chosen

we have a year to figure it out, an a year to iron out the details, hmm appropriate. however we need to hear from board members to see what they want to see in the three days your planning on. its for them. whether like passionfruit who may not be able to make it do to age or others who wont do to money or work. we dont care if you cant you will still be represented.

in the coming months we have some ideas that if they come fruition then it will be exciting to say the least leading to the event that everyone will be able to take part in. working on details to see if they will work. wont say what dont wanna get anyone excited about somthing we cant carry through with.

if anyone has any ideas, any at all, no matter how stupid you think they are. voice them, this whole idea seemed stupid when it was first considered and its coming close to reality, we hope. we will see. if this goes through me and cell have already considered another one here in the states that if i can pull it off will be nothing short of amazing. an experience that you will carry with you for the rest of your days lol.

lets get the first one planned first right lol.

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
Sorceror Fellrust
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:28 AM

Battle Brother

Member No.: 1,148

This looks like an awesome idea. Might be possible for me.

--------------------
Iron warriors-breaking walls and taking names.

jesseye
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:10 AM

Chosen

thats great, what would you like to see there? besides a huge table of food served by buxom blondes?

--------------------
i gots da cookies!!!!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Mess | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1007 seconds | Archive