InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iron Warriors 4th Grand Company. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dawn of War on PC
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:48 PM

Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,461

have any of you guys/gals played anyway of the dawn of war series on the pc?

my favorite is Dark Crusade as there is a patch for it called firestorm over kronus which is 'closer to codex' giving you options to make a legion army with propper units instead of just a paint scheme! - quality!!

i must confess however to not liking Dawn of War 2 retribution as the main chapter librarium becomes a khornate daemon price!! whats that all about??

--------------------
"When we ascended to godhood and rose above our own mortality, we thought ourselves blessed. What fools we had been.

And now we, the Iron Warriors, still continue to fight the Long War. We bring to every world and foe tidings of fire & ash, and one day it will consume us as well. There is no doubt, that we are truly damned."
quoted from Hushrongs 'Heart of Iron'
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 10:45 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Never played Dawn of War 2, but the first one was amazing, loved the expansions too, so much fun!

Also, moved the thread.

--------------------
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 10:49 PM

Champion

thanks blackcell! i realised after i posted in the WRONG section - d'oh

--------------------
"When we ascended to godhood and rose above our own mortality, we thought ourselves blessed. What fools we had been.

And now we, the Iron Warriors, still continue to fight the Long War. We bring to every world and foe tidings of fire & ash, and one day it will consume us as well. There is no doubt, that we are truly damned."
blackcell8
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 10:56 PM

Iron Lord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 16

Aha, no worries fella. But yeah, always played it, especially after the Dark Crusade expansion, not so much after Soulstorm...

--------------------
Thanatos Ares
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 11:04 PM

Champion

i feel that soulstorm was the beginningof the end for the whole series really!
DoW2 (all 3 parts of it) is controlling a single squad whereas i prefered the whole 'settlers' idea/play style behind DoW especially Dark Crusade

my favorite 'quote/voice over/recording' from the series is either the ork dreads "stompy, stompy stompy"
or
the khorne berzerkers after exiting a rhino "we need a new driver, as we killed the last one" lol

--------------------

PassionFruit Power
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 11:25 PM

Champion

Member No.: 1,523

Dawn of war chaos is epic but i have never played the other ones

--------------------
The Obliterator of Soul has arrived run for your life weak mortals...
user posted image
hushrong
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 01:10 AM

Chosen

Member No.: 1,452

I had the first three DoW games. The original, the snowy one, and Dark Crusade. I still enjoy DC and have it on my laptop but my skills have dwindled. I never picked up soulstorm for some reason...despite being a SoB fan (kind of).

I still want to play the newer ones but my desktop and laptop could not really play it.

On youtube I found a Noise Marine "dubstep" track using the quotes from the DoW games. Was quite interesting but not loud enough for a Noise Marine I think.

--------------------
PassionFruit Power
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 01:21 AM

Champion

Member No.: 1,523

the noise marine dub step isn't even dub step

this is dub steb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXDgFwE13g&ob=av2e

--------------------
The Obliterator of Soul has arrived run for your life weak mortals...
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Theatres of War | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0501 seconds | Archive