Ok Guys, Just some instructions about pad removal. Please feel free to correct me or comment if there are better ideas.
Can the modulator put his post to an appropriate section!?
Tools needed: tools to jack the car up,remove wheels,14mm & 17mm spanners, strings, screw driver(flat end), a piece of string
1. Jack the car up,remove wheel.
2.use 14mm and 17mm spanners to loosen up the bolt which hold the cover of the caliper. There are 2 sets of bolts, I would suggest to remove the upper bolt.
3. Once u remove the upper bolt(14mm),u can use the lower set of bolt/nut as a hinge point to open the cover.
4.Dont let the cover drop to the lowerest point as it will over stretch the brake fluid cable to its limit. So use the string to tigh the cover to the coil spring to support the weight of the cover.Please see the picture, but in the pic, I had the cover opened upward rather than downward as I described above. I found out the hard way.
5.Remove the 2 wire springs from the top.
6. U can pull the pads out sideways, might need to use the screw driver to wedge them out
7.remove the metal clips . the 2 clips are slightly different. make sure u remember which one goes to where.
If u have a digital cam, I'd suggest u take pics as u go if u are not too sure . Also u can refer back if u forgot how to fit things back.
8. I gave all the components a good clean with degreaser. I cleaned the caliper with soapy water , the methylated spirit (as suggested by Stephen). it worked well for me.
9. Before I painted. I also removed the lower 14mm bolt so that the entire cover is disconnected from the caliper bracket.(the cover part is still tighed with the string to the coil spring). and place the cover on the lower wishbone of the suspension. Make sure the brake fluid cable is not over stretched.
The purpose of step 9 is that I can paint the caliper braket first with easier access.
10. masking tape, newpaper to cover everywhere except the caliper bracket.
paint the bracket ( there will be another write up for painting)
11.once the braket is dried, I then placed the cover back to Step 8 stage (with only lower 14mm nut in place.) masking tape and mask everything except the caliper cover. Paint the cover.
12 stickers, clear coat.
13. put metal clips back,pads back,wire springs back.
14 . may bave to puch the piston back a bit before u can close the cover back.
15 place the upper 14mm bolt back
16. Make sure u pump the brake pedal many times before u drive the car.
Let me know if u guys need some pics.
I will do a write up for rear pads removal and painting soon