Title: Toyota Displays 2 Concepts
Description: 21 October 2009
Stephen - October 21, 2009 01:08 PM (GMT)
TOYOTA DISPLAYS 2 CONCEPTS AT 2009 TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (TMC) has announced two concept vehicles will highlight its Toyota exhibit for the 41st Tokyo Motor Show.
TMC has used motor shows over the years to unveil a wide variety of concept vehicles and groundbreaking technologies.
Showcasing the latest automotive possibilities, the 41st Tokyo Motor Show will be no exception.
This year, the Toyota exhibit continues its theme from the previous Tokyo Motor Show: "Harmonious Drive -A New Tomorrow for People and the Planet". This theme expresses TMC's commitment to making cars that brim with individuality and are also in harmony with society.
The Toyota display includes a compact rear-wheel-drive sports vehicle that embodies the fundamental appeal of motor vehicles: joy of driving and pleasure of ownership. .
The display also features environmentally friendly concept vehicles including an electric vehicle (EV) concept suitable for short-distance trips.
Toyota vehicles to be displayed the 41st Tokyo Motor Show:
1. FT-86 Concept (Future Toyota 86) - a compact, rear-wheel drive sports vehicle
2. FT-EV II (Future Toyota electric vehicle two) - an urban electric vehicle
During the Tokyo Motor Show, TMC will also display its concept vehicles virtually on Toyota Metapolis, which is a Japanese-language marketing website featuring a virtual city.
The Tokyo Motor Show is open to the public from October 24 to November 4, at Makuhari Messe in Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture.
1. FT-86 Concept (world premiere)
The FT-86, a compact rear-wheel-drive sports car, provides driving joy and excitement.
• Compact design gives driver greater control, while body's lightness and low centre of gravity allow racecar-like handling
• Both power and environmental performance is provided by 2-litre boxer engine and light body
• Flash Red body colour contains a hint of blue; interior expresses a modern feel with minimal coverage of the highly refined structural components evoking enthusiasm for cruising
FT-86 Concept dimensions:
Length 4,160 mm
Width 1,760 mm
Height 1,260 mm
Wheelbase 2,570 mm
2. FT-EV II (world premiere)
The FT-EV II is a compact EV designed for short distances, and is based on the idea of a future mobility society in which EVs are common, and means of transport are divided according to purpose, the characteristics of the energy to be used and the status of the supply infrastructure. The FT-EV II features a high-quality package extremely convenient in urban settings.
• Ultra-efficient package with body more compact than ultra-compact "iQ", but still with seating for four
• Drive-by-wire technology enables joystick operation of all functions including accelerator, brakes and steering wheel; ample legroom provided by the elimination of accelerator and brake pedals
• Vehicle designed with low front cowl and auxiliary window below windshield for outstanding forward visibility; further consideration paid to safety around vehicle led to see-through LED rear combination taillights
• Electric sliding doors on both sides facilitate ingress and egress, particularly in narrow spaces
• Top-speed of over 100km/h
• Easy coverage of over 90km on fully charged battery-ample for everyday use
• Extremely quiet and comfortable ride with smooth acceleration, thanks to TMC-cultivated motor-control technology, which is part of the hybrid system at the core of TMC's environmental technologies
FT-EV II Concept dimensions:
Length 2,730 mm
Width 1,680 mm
Height 1,490 mm
Wheelbase 1,900 mm
* Hosted for free by InvisionFree