Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

See here-
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...=0#entry8690150

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Tramlining, Tyre tramline
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:23 PM

Unregistered

Haha really? I work in The metro center on park and south street Rydalmere smile.gif Tyres might set you back a bit as he only really does race spec/high performance tyres from my understanding!
  Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:47 PM

00100100 = $$ in ASCII

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 6,115

I called him straight away after you gave me his number. Left the car with him at lunch and got it back later in the afternoon. He is a very professional guy and knows what he is doing. I was impressed. Definitely recommended.

So, I got him to change the 4 tyres and do the alignment. During the alignment, he said the front were toed out and had +tv camber (which I know from the results of the Jax alignment).

The other main issue was the back left tyre. The camber cam on the control arm was fine. The top toe cam was also fine, but some idiot who was previously doing the alignment bent the edge that the cam push against backwards. Hence there was nothing for the cam to push against. (I took a pic, see image below to see which edge I am talking about). The made the left rear tyre be in 2 degrees +tv toe alone!! He wasnt able to adjust the toe using the cam. So he put a rope around the wheel and pulled the tyre inwards to toe it in until he got the right degree. Then tightened the cam screw.

This guy (Peter) definitely put some effort to get the alignment right.

user posted image

These are the results of the alignment:

user posted image

And yes tyres weren't the cheapest. At $225 each, but they are the best tyres I had on the car so far. He recommended them and I trusted him that they are good. Noise is low and the grip is so far fantastic.

I never used them before and dont know much about them. They are called Maxxis.

Here is a pic I just took:

user posted image

I installed them on the original 17" for now. I am not going to put the 18" back on again. I found the 17"s much more comfortable and the steering is lighter.

You probably can see there that my original Lexus rims are pretty badly damaged due to rubbing against the curbs by previous owners. I will get them changed with another set of 17"s when I save a bit of money. $1000 is enough spending for one day!

By the way, my tramlining is gone now w00t.gif I finally have a Lexus!!
Really
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:23 PM

Altezza RS200 6MT

Member No.: 6,313

I also have maxxis tongue.gif do they happen to be the Victra- I Pro's so far they are pretty good for the price tongue.gif
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:19 AM

00100100 = $$ in ASCII

Mine are the Maxxis M35 Victra Asymmet smile.gif
Stephen
  Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:03 AM

Altezza Club of Australia

Group: Director
Member No.: 35

I also went to Road and Race for my last wheel alignment. Very happy with the time Peter spent on the car and the results.

--------------------
user posted image
wesley
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:40 PM

touge lover

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 866

glad you got it sorted. might check out road and race soon. my car seems to get excessive wear on the passenger front tyre. IMO never under-inflate your tyre. always run it at 36PSI or a little higher for highway runs. deflate it a little for spirited drives as the hot pressure will skyrocket.

--------------------

2003 IS200 Sport Luxury 4AT SOLD
2002 WRX STI V7 6MT SOLD
2000 Zenki RS200 Z Etd 6MT SOLD
1999 Zenki RS200 Z Etd 6MT CURRENT
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:46 PM

00100100 = $$ in ASCII

I am yet to see the effect of the alignment on the tyre wear. Will probably take few months before I can tell.

One thing for sure, having good alignment, good quality tyres and because I went back to the 17" (more comfort), the car now handles way better in terms of sharp cornering, road stability, grip, comfort, steering wheel feel and feedback. My car was so bad that I was able to tell the clear improvement in all these things.
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 10:58 AM

Unregistered

At that price you could have had RE0001Potenzas smile.gif Maxxis are a economical tyre but they do the job for day to day. smile.gif Glad you got it sorted and you had a good experience down at Road and Race smile.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Wheels and Tyres | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive