|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
| Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: May 26 2012, 02:35 AM
Altezza Club of Australia TRD Parts & Accessories
Member No.: 35
Joined: 10-August 04
LEXUS LFA TAKES HONOURS AT NÜRBURGRING
Lexus has again taken class honours and finished 15th outright at the gruelling 40th ADAC 24 Hours Nürburgring race in Germany - the second win for the luxury marque.
The Gazoo Racing-prepared Lexus LFA fended off strong competition from SP 8 class rivals Aston Martin, Audi and Corvette, posting a quickest lap time of 8:44.636 - completing a total of 147 laps of the 23 kilometre circuit.
The best ever results for the team come after five years of competitive racing at the Nürburgring, the first two of which were conducted as part of the vehicle's development program.
Gazoo Racing's technical team is drawn directly from Lexus' research and development section.
By participating in the event these engineers and technicians are able to hone skills that can be fed directly into new Lexus products.
In late 2011 Lexus LFA also set the fastest ever recorded lap time, at 7:14.64 seconds, for a road-registered series production car around Germany's infamous Nürburgring circuit - better known as "Green Hell".
The Lexus LFA features a lightweight, high-tech body and chassis, consisting of 65 per cent carbon fibre, while the remaining 35 per cent is aluminium.
At its heart is a bespoke 4.8-litre V10 engine producing 412kW of power and 480Nm of torque.
It propels the supercar to 100km/h in 3.7 seconds and is capable of revving from idle to a redline of 9,000rpm in just 0.6 seconds.
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 12:08 AM
dumped IS200 :D
Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 5,677
Joined: 25-April 08
i cant believe the difference in times between race speed and the quickest time it did last year!!
and boy over 3000kms on the nurburgring would be insane!!