zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

See here-
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...=0#entry8690150

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Gt Radial Champiro Hpx
cpufix
Posted: May 4 2012, 03:53 PM

Paraparaumu, Wellington

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 386

Anyone using these tyres ?

E910
Posted: May 8 2012, 11:01 AM

Motul @ Manukau Toytoa

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 5,695

Anything GT Radial is pretty average. If you want to stop in the wet then I'd avoid them http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2012-...raking-Test.htm

You should be able to pick up Toyo T1R or Bridestone RE002 for under $200 ea if you shop around (assuming you have 17")

--------------------
アルテッツァ RS200-Z 6MT
user posted image
2ToneTezza
Posted: May 8 2012, 12:46 PM

Custom

Member No.: 5,953

Have used GT Radials before (I forget what model) and yeah, nothing special.
Hyper have a few good tyres for under $200, including the T1R, and Proxes4 for $194 (only $6 more than the GT). Adenstyreshop.co.nz is worth checking too, proxes4 are $189 incl shipping. so print it out and go visit Tony's biggrin.gif

--------------------
'99 Altezza RS200Z- project car
'04 1240cc Nissan March rocketship
'01 KTM520EXC motard
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: May 8 2012, 12:53 PM

Unregistered

Just started using the Dunlop SP9000 and I got to say I'm quite impressed so far. Good standard sizes and great in the wet. I have to say I liked the RE002 better but they didnt last me long!
cpufix
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:02 PM

Paraparaumu, Wellington

Thanks for the replies, decided to try Bridestone RE002
B_Gib
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:25 AM

Stock

Member No.: 6,180

QUOTE (cpufix @ May 4 2012, 04:53 PM)
Anyone using these tyres ?

I run the HPX on mine, I love them. Best handling tyre I have run on it, I have had Continental, Pirelli, and Fulda in the past.

They have also been the longest lasting so far too.
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:44 AM

Unregistered

Ive used Pirelli tyres and I dont rate them at all! No wonder the HPX seemed good but them again I havent used them
xero
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:16 PM

3X Repeat Offender

Member No.: 1,002

QUOTE (B_Gib @ May 9 2012, 08:25 AM)
I run the HPX on mine, I love them. Best handling tyre I have run on it, I have had Continental, Pirelli, and Fulda in the past.

The reason they last so long is due to the rock solid compound and high silicone use in the rubber, means great fun in the wet dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
B_Gib
Posted: May 9 2012, 03:13 PM

Stock

They are performing well in the wet.

They are not a rock solid compound at all.

It has Silica, Not silicone.
B_Gib
Posted: May 9 2012, 03:27 PM

Stock

QUOTE (xero @ May 9 2012, 02:16 PM)

The reason they last so long is due to the rock solid compound and high silicone use in the rubber, means great fun in the wet dry.gif

Silica actually helps wet weather grip as well as tyre longevity...
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:16 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (B_Gib @ May 9 2012, 01:27 PM)

Do you know what Silica is? Glass... Dude you couldnt be more wrong if you tried. I know my SP9000 have silicon compounds in them (AKA Silica AKA Sillicon dioxide) and yes they do perform well in the wet FOR A SILICA BASED TIRE. They are NOTHING like the RE002 in terms of grip and control in the wet but last half as long...
B_Gib
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:49 PM

Stock

QUOTE (Tezz-Winnie @ May 9 2012, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (B_Gib @ May 9 2012, 01:27 PM)

Do you know what Silica is? Glass... Dude you couldnt be more wrong if you tried. I know my SP9000 have silicon compounds in them (AKA Silica AKA Sillicon dioxide) and yes they do perform well in the wet FOR A SILICA BASED TIRE. They are NOTHING like the RE002 in terms of grip and control in the wet but last half as long...

Should I throw my 10 years in the tyre industry away then?

Silica DOES improve wet weather grip.
Tezz-Winnie
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:43 PM

Unregistered

Ive got 5 years in the electronics repair industry (professionally 15 years hobby) but that doesn't make me an expert!

Silica just reduces rolling resistance to give you better tire life and better fuel economy. Plain and simple....

I base my experience on real world testing minimising variables with tyres with and without silica and the silica tires are worse in the wet. Thats comparing dunlop SP9000 to RE002. Similar priced tire one lasted longer one performed better. Bipolar opposites if you ask me
cpufix
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:02 PM

Paraparaumu, Wellington

Think we are getting a little off the topic subject guys !!

This is not a forum for whos best at what ever, we now know whats in the tyres and possibly what effect that has on the grip in wet, thank you for that info.

To be up front I moved away from GT Radial's when I read the poor braking report that E910 posted. So this topic has helped me to decide thanks to all that posted.

I've closed the topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Wheels and Tyres | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive