InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

See here-
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...=0#entry8690150

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New Tyre Supplier For Targa, Targa newsletter
greeneyes
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 05:50 PM

Targa Master

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A good ad for Federal!

NEW TYRE SUPPLIER FOR TARGA

Hello Everyone,

The promoters of the VIP Petfoods 12 hour Endurance at Taupo last weekend cancelled it due to a lack of entries. This was yet another event that has suffered from the current economic climate and the shortage of motorsport dollars despite the backing of Tony Quinn and his team at VIP Petfoods. We understand how hard it is at present, so with this in mind we have been working on a number of ways to reduce your consumable costs to participate in Targa NZ and we are happy to announce our new tyre supplier relationship. 

We have for the last couple of years come under increasing pressure from a number of competitors about the rising cost of the Dunlops versus other makes available in the market, so as some of you are aware we recently hired the Hampton Downs Race Circuit for the day to test different makes and models in oder to give us a better understanding of the performance of the Dunlops versus other tyre options, including tyres specifically designed for wet-weather conditions. The results were suprising to say the least.

We enlisted the aid of Robert Van Gisbergen aka Cheese, dad of Shane if you didn't already know, Paul Manuell, Andy Booth and Aaron Harris to each drive one of the Turnkey Motorsport BMW E36s. They were all asked to give their opinion on each of the tyres without knowning which tyre was on the car at the time.

We also measured the lap times, abilities in both wet and dry conditions, variation in tyre wear and tyre pressure. Each car had different suspension settings to simulate as many variations as possible, from track to road and in between, because many Targa vehicles are set up for multiple forms of racing. It has also become very evident in recent years and particularly after this year's Targa Rotorua that we need to consider a wet weather tyre option to reduce the risk of serious incidents due to aqua-plaining on the DOT rated tyres.  With this in mind, we have decided to increase the tyre allocation for Targa NZ in October from six to eight tyres which will consist of a set of four dry tyres and four wet tyres.  We will also be reducing the additional tyre penalties so check out the new Supplementary Regulations which we are hoping to be finalised next week as we are still waiting for final confirmation from Motorsport New Zealand regarding the turbo restrictor rulings.

As a result of the extensive testing, we are proud to announce that Federal Tyres are the new official control tyre for all Targa New Zealand events from now on. 
The FZ-201 is the dry weather tyre option:     

The 595RS-R is the wet weather tyre option:

Federal Tyres have been producing quality tyres for over ten years and sponsor a number of motorsport events worldwide.

The 214/45x17 stock Altezza tyre they are getting for $220, about the same as the Dunlop and the retail price of the Toyo T1R road tyre.

--------------------
E910
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 11:26 PM

Motul @ Manukau Toytoa

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 5,695

I just found out about a month ago my work has an account with Value Tyers Ltd, the NZ distributor for Hankook & Federal. I've ordered a few sets of Hankook so far & their pricing is very competitive. I'm happy to pass my discount on to fellow club members if interested.

--------------------
アルテッツァ RS200-Z 6MT
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Wheels and Tyres | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive