Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

See here-
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...=0#entry8690150

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hello From Amsterdam
J2Jedi
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 02:16 AM

Soccer Mom

Group: Std. Member
Member No.: 6,401

Hi all,

My name is Jill and oddly enough for you guys, I'm a boy, not a girl...and I don't care where Jack is tongue.gif
I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and my current ride is a genuine JDM Daihatsu Charade Detomaso 1.6 ('94) in pretty much standard setup, because of its rarity.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2664551/1994-daihatsu-charade

Last week I bought me a birthday present in Kilrush, Ireland and went out to get it and drive it back home. It's a silver Altezza RS200 z-edition, 1999 manual with 141k on the odometer, still in pretty much standard setup, apart from some (said) mods. I know some of them must be in there, due to the feel of the clutch pedal and kloinks and boinks when shifting in some of the gears wink.gif
For this moment I will fix up some found problems on the car, to get it technically tested and re-register it to dutch license. Haven't got any "great" plans with it yet, but to enjoy the car as much as possible.

Hope to find some good info and inspiration on your forum. cool.gif
Also a member of LexusForum.nl and TezzaWorld.com

Cheers, J2

A few pics of my new ride:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
cpufix
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 05:01 AM

Paraparaumu, Wellington

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 386

Hi Jill welcome to the club and I'm sure you will find lots to change on the car.

Car looks rather tidy and that body kit always looks great.
mallen
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 09:23 AM

Stock

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 6,392

Welcome Jill smile.gif

Car looks good, have fun looking around the forum for ideas

If you need any help, just ask, everyone is really helpful.

--------------------
1999 yellow rs200 6mt
HOT2XS
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 10:10 AM

Body-Kitted

Member No.: 5,751

Welcome to the Club. Nice straight looking Altezza smile.gif
greeneyes
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 10:49 AM

Targa Master

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome in. How long did it take to drive through about four countries??

--------------------
E910
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 01:20 PM

Motul @ Manukau Toytoa

Member No.: 5,695

Welcome, must be a pretty rare car in NL & have the wheel on the wrong side to?
My mate has not long moved to Amsterdam, sound like a very cool place. Night clubs in train stations etc etc. Can't wait to get there myself.

--------------------
アルテッツァ RS200-Z 6MT
user posted image
Stephen
  Posted: Nov 29 2011, 11:53 PM

Altezza Club of Australia

Group: Director
Member No.: 35

Welcome to the Club! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
MightyTeza
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 06:33 PM

Jedi Master

Member No.: 4,478

Welkom in de club. Uw auto ziet er goed uit bro wink.gif

--------------------
NazilDazil Hair Design
user posted image
CLM877
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 11:26 PM

Alcoholic in training

Member No.: 6,399

Welcome Jill smile.gif
It's been so long since I met a person from Netherlands.
The only Dutch word I know is "Dombo" rolleyes.gif

Hint to those who are curious: It's an insult. =P

--------------------
user posted image
>> Click here to see my build thread! << - Warning! Pics and Word Heavy
Really
Posted: Dec 2 2011, 11:26 AM

Altezza RS200 6MT

Member No.: 6,313

Welcome smile.gif
J2Jedi
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 12:11 AM

Soccer Mom

Group: Std. Member
Member No.: 6,401

Thanks for the warm welcome biggrin.gif
I didn'get any notification mail...have to check my settings.

@MightyTeza: Your dutch is fine, where you're from? Jedi Master...do we have sth in common? laugh.gif
@CLM877: LOL...in Surinam, where I com from, we said that to someone who's dum...derived from the old Disney Cartoon. I think the dutch adapted the word in their late '80-90's slang called Turbo-taal (turbo-language) as are a lot of other words. But not everybody uses it. It's like you say "chapper" instead of "chap" (fella)
@E910: You should, I like Amsterdam, too and it seems you know more than me already, LOL

Yes, the bodykit looks the miles! Just love the car.
Had the chance to drive it back to the Netherlands, partially pushing it to get to the ferry in time...LOL. Really nice car to drive. Got the car from Kilrush (west coast of Ireland). It took me half a day to get there in effective hours (Tuesday). After checking the car (for as far as you can on the streets, we left around 16hrs, bring back the rental to the airport and drive off. Took the ferry at 21hrs, leaving Ireland, took the wrong ferry (was the only one still left) to France, slept on the ferry (17hrs sail!!!), then drove back to the Netherlands. Was at home 01.30 in the morning on Thursday, so I'd say about 33.5 hrs trip back home. Now, if we would've gotten on the right Ferry as planned, the trip would have taken only 24hrs in total.

Yes, the car is pretty rare up here, although there are two or three already driving around here. There are quite a lot of JDM machines here (RHD), like my own JDM Charade, lots of Integra's, Skylines...

I've been looking around and found some info already. I think you have the most info bundled together over here (other forums too, but not so much). Lots of info on TezzaWorld, too.
I almost have the parts together to fix her up, so now it's wrench time! tongue.gif
Will put an update later on.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Register Here | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive